Gain back ALL I've lost…

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Gain back ALL I've lost…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  newcomer59 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi! I started 5:2 since Nov 2013 and I lose only 4 lbs til now. I started at 126.

I understand that I maybe only look slimmer than actually weight lighter….but I’m losing slow……

And I gained all 4 lbs back this morning! I felt sad….

What can I do?

Morning Sharon N

sorry you are feeling sad re the weight gain, i don’t really know enough to suggest anything but it sounds as if you are already a healthy weight, and you can loose those 4 lbs again!!

keep at it, good luck 🙂

Hi:

Body weight can go up or down two or more pounds a day simply with water retention or dehydration. As you are already a healthy, low weight, that means your TDEE is quite low and you will lose weight on any diet quite slowly. I would guess your water weight retention is simply masking the small amount of fat weight loss you have achieved. Here is some information on TDEE that might help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Good Luck!

I would definitely say do not obsess about weighing yourself. If you do want to keep track then stick to once a week, at the same time of day, in the same period of your 5:2 (i.e. evening of the day after fast).

I had a little experiment weighing myself every morning and evening this week. From my weight loss last week i suddently put on about 4 pounds, then it crept up another pound the next day, then it reduced a bit and now it is below my weight last week and another slice of weight loss to feel happy about. So, the moral is – trust your body to do its normal thing, stick to the principles and take it as it comes every week. Otherwise you may easily be put off!

Feeling great and lost almost 20 pounds since start of the year, 4 inches off my waist etc. Just a couple more inches to be in the more ideal zone (but funnily enough according to looking at just the BMI indicator i need to still lose 4 stone…..whats that all about?).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.