Frustrated – Exercising & No weight loss

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Frustrated – Exercising & No weight loss

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Feeling very frustrated and feel like giving up on my exercise.

Last week I walked 26 klm’s, the week before 22.00 klm’s every week I have been walking between 15 – 20 klms.

I must be doing something wrong?? Does anyone else have this problem.

I am eating heatlhy, fruit, nuts, yoghurt & salads.

Hi Melsa:

Exercise does not help much with weight loss. This will explain: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/exercise-is-dangerous-for-your-diet/

Good Luck!

It is very simple, you are consuming too many calories.

Eat up to your TDEE on 5 days.

Read the FAQ’s.

Don’t give up on your exercise! It’s really important for health, just not for weight loss unfortunately.

I’m afraid you’d have to do a lot more than you are doing to impact upon weight. While 15-20km per week may sound a lot, it’s an average of 2-3km per day. At that you might be categorized as sedentary, or lightly active at best, for working out your TDEE.

It’s a great start on an exercise program though and you will hopefully start to build muscle (which obviously helps with weight loss and maintenance), get other health benefits, and you can increase your activity level as your fitness increases.

But as the others have said, if you want to lose weight then you need to eat less. It isn’t clear from your post, but (this is a 5:2 forum!) are you also fasting but seeing no weight loss? Or were you just hoping to walk your excess weight off?

Thank you for the replies. I turned 50 this year and am going through Menopause as well.
    I am just so frustrated that every time I weigh myself, my weight has not changed.
    I have only just started looking into the 5:2 diet.
    I usually have Muesli or Light Yoghurt for breakfast, a salad for lunch and then a good dinner at night.
    I have cut down to 1 sugar in my tea with skim milk, no soft drinks and only water or juice.
    Can I ask what others are eating to lose weight?
    I cannot believe that you cannot lose any weight by walking or exercise?

If you add 30 minutes of brisk walking to your daily routine, you could burn about 150 more calories a day. (To lose a pound a week, you generally need to eliminate 500 calories a day.)

http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20680533,00.html

Hi Melsa,

In order to lose weight you need to restrict calories.
    The 5:2 diet is very straightforward, no foods are prohibited but you need to eat only 500 calories for two days of the week and within your TDEE on the other five days. The average loss for women is 1lb per week.
    I have been following this WOE for a couple of years on and off and have lost 70lbs. I used to do an hour long workout three times per week and plenty of walking. In January this year I joined a gym and upped my exercise considerably. It has made no difference to the rate of weight loss despite the fact that I burn 2000 calories minimum at the gym every week, plus do lots of walking. It has made me much fitter and more toned.

If you are not losing weight you need to eat less.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.