From 5:2 to 4:3

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tickatape 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hello there! My husband and I started the diet at the beginning of September. No weight loss at all after 2 weeks (we’re both in our 60’s perhaps this doesn’t help), so we decided to try 4:3 (a little harder but OK). Now, at the end of September, we’ve lost weight at last. I have gone from 67 kilos to 65.8 kilos. My husband won’t say what he was to start with as he was too horrified!
    We both find the diet easy to stay committed to and our doctor said he would be interested in the results after a few months i.e. our blood profile (which is borderline)and blood pressure (for which we take medication).I am excited about what the benefits could be in the long run.

Hello and welcome 🙂 I occasionally do a 4:3 – It more just happens rather than being planned! Maybe your bodies just needed a kick start. What do you do on non fast days? I count calories so I know that I am within my calorie limits. It is amazing how many calories are hidden in everyday foods! Bread shocks me! 100ish per slice! I don’t eat as much now! Good luck to both of you 🙂

We a husband and wife team have been doing this diet from end of July, both 64 years, getting so no diet would move the weight. We did healthy eating for three weeks before starting the 5.2 and lost a few lbs. up to date I have lost altogether
    1 stone 5 lbs and husband 1stone 6 lbs.

We find swimming twice a week has really helped and trying to walk half a hour three times a week, if we can, both not good walking bad feet and hubby has bad knees!

Our daughter, 40 years, started a month ago after seeing our results, has just lost her first stone, she is amazed how easy it’s been, she is also swimming twice a week.

I have after 40 years thrown out a full carrier bag of diet books, there is only one book I want now, the 5.2 !!!! The others were a waste of time.

Don’t forget to measure yourselves, the inches you move is amazing, husband has lost 4″ off his waist.

Good luck to you both.

Thank you tickatape & symba7 for the replies. On non fast days we are careful what we eat. I have always cooked from scratch and use fresh ingredients most of the time. We have cut down on carbohydrates recently, but neither of us would want to give up on the red wine we like to drink in the evenings on non fast days. I am aware of the hidden calories in wine, but we so enjoy it.For exercise we usually walk on a daily basis and I love gardening.
    I think when you are older it takes time to kick start your weight loss and I think the body is a bit more resistant. We shall see:) Thanks once again for your comments.

Auriga!

I must say we cut down on potatoes and bread, we still have some but not like we used to, I love roast potatoes and we did have too many.

I also have no biscuits in the house another downfall of ours. I keep the red wine for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, when we eat quite normally, none Monday to Thursday, when I also cut down more on food.

Husband is very good he only eats what I give him, his tummy is going down and he’s so pleased he is really sticking to the plan.

I am hoping to get back in my wedding dress, I am nearly there, and husband in his wedding suit before Christmas, it’s 10 years since we married, not that we are going down the aisle again! We are both still very happy!! It’s just something to aim at.

Auriga!

I must say we cut down on potatoes and bread, we still have some but not like we used to, I love roast potatoes and we did have too many.

I also have no biscuits in the house another downfall of ours. I keep the red wine for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, when we eat quite normally, no wine Monday to Thursday, when I also cut down more on food.

Husband is very good he only eats what I give him, his tummy is going down and he’s so pleased he is really sticking to the plan.

I am hoping to get back in my wedding dress, I am nearly there, and husband in his wedding suit before Christmas, it’s 10 years since we married, not that we are going down the aisle again! We are both still very happy!! It’s just something to aim at.

@symba7
    “I am hoping to get back in my wedding dress, I am nearly there, and husband in his wedding ”

We haven’t done it yet, but I think my wife & I can get into our 9 yr wedding attire.

We will renew our vows on our tenth.

âž°

That’s so nice, maybe we should, but somewhere romantic Maldives spring to mind! ….. The only place were you want to be with the person you want to be with………..with no one else………slim!…..

I thought what a lovely idea of yours trying to get back into your wedding outfits! Well having been married for over 40 years my dress went ‘west’ many moons ago……So, to join you both, I bought an expensive grey silk cocktail dress, one dress size down from where I am now, which I intend to get into by Christmas.
    Well let’s hope we can do it symba7 and rockyromero. It’s always good to have a goal in mind and this is a good incentive. Even my husband agreed it was a good idea (hang the expense)!
    By the way the 4:3 is working for me, I have lost an inch from around my stomach since 30th September. Vowed not to weigh myself ’til the end of October, because I don’t want to get disheartened, going to go on measurements now as many people have suggested. Good luck to us then in our quest.

I love the idea of getting into your wedding dress again 🙂 I didn’t have a dress and haven’t got a clue what size my wedding outfit is! Must check it out and see! 🙂 I had a pair of trousers that I hoped to get back into – they are now history – far too big 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.