Fresh start September 2021 challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fresh start September 2021 challenge

This topic contains 406 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 428 total)

• Day 25 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@stitchincarol – you nailed it! Congratulations! ๐Ÿฅ‡

So quiet here?! I hope everyone’s having a good weekend โ›…๏ธ ๐ŸŒˆ

Day 25 – Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

Good morning and congratulations @stitchincarol ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ well done.

Yesterday I lost the plot and had 3 pieces of fudge, it was delicious and so worth it. Today will be a good FD. Hoping the rain will hold off long enough to get in our tennis game. Take care all.

Day 25 Pocketlist
    @dvw

Day 25 Melb Aust NFD

Managed the second FD800 on Friday, then weighed in this morning – 0.6 kg down, but not sure how much of that will be slight dehydration, even though I tried to drink plenty of fluids. My current weight, or thereabouts is one I “stick” on, so I think a few more consecutive days of low calorie intake are called for. I tend to get stuck about every 3 kgs. Just have to be patient and push past them.

@mariaelena, Yes, I think I might try it. I live alone and we’re in a Covid lockdown here, so I can organise my meals as suits me.

@stitchincarol, Yay for being below 143 lb, well done you.
    Body set points are an interesting topic. I think my set point has changed at various times in my life, so I know it’s possible to change them. It’s really only the last several years that I’ve been as heavy as I am now.
    I used to be concerned when I went much above 70 kgs, knowing my “ideal” is about 52, which I haven’t been since I was a teenager, but I have sat for years around 57. However, not in recent years, and pre-starting 5:2 I’d been going up and down from about 79 to 88 kg. Never over that weight. That was my absolute NEVER go over weight.
    Once I lost weight on 5:2, 70 kg was going to be my “never go over” weight, but…. sigh. From November 2018 at 88 kgs I went down to 72, then up again to 86, then down to 68, and then I allowed it to creep up to 86.5 by the start of September (85.4 now).
    I think in part it’s been the stress of all the lockdowns we’ve had here in Melbourne. By the time our current lockdown ends (in about another 6 weeks), Melbourne will have been the most locked-down city in the world, about 274 days, I think, of lockdown. Oh well, we survive these things, and I have 52 kg firmly in my sights, even if it takes till some time next year to get there.

@funshipfreddie, I watched the two videos re-shared by @stitchincarol, and have read both Yudkin and Lustic’s books about sugar. I think I’ll now move to watch a few on intermittent fasting, just to encourage some more willpower (won’tpower? ๐Ÿ™‚ ).

Hope everyone has a happy, mindful weeekend.

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. I’m OK with a weekend long plateau haha

I found this interesting article and wonder about if we can overdo “mindfulness.”
    https://thefastingflamingo.com/fasting-and-milkshakes-experience-of-hunger/

I think on the number of times when I will try to “be good” and then go ahead and have the “naughty” meal I’ve been eyeing in the refrigerator with extra snack food and a soft drink to wash it all down. Then I feel miserable. How much better it would have been to plan out a meal, and just have the original “naughty” meal in a reasonable portion at an appropriate time, and add some healthy items to make it more filling.

I have let some carbs and sugar increase this week in my food intake, but not at a disastrous level. I’ll try to keep those at bay and look at good fats, proteins, fruits, vegetables, and fiber. I know some say fruit can be bad, but better a slice of watermelon, a banana, some grapes, or an apple instead of a pie, cake, cookie, potato chip, or Halloween candy! My focus is still 5:2, though.

Anyway, it was nice to hit 219 this week, and still hanging on to an average of 221-222 lbs for the week, keeping it basically the same as last week’s average. Which is so much nicer than the 223-224 average at the beginning of the month. I feel I’ve had some success.

Day 25 โ€” NFD

Yesterday on target. Looking forward to a quiet weekend with my husband, thankfully we have little in the obligations category except yard work. I have started growing herbs on a small scale. Past experiences suggest that I have a black thumb, but Iโ€™m going to think positively. Started small, just rosemary and oregano. Will branch out to Basil and Coriander (Cilantro) if all goes well. Wow, the fresh oregano smells so wonderful!

Hopefully all will have a good day and, if you want, a more exciting couple of days.

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska – NFD

Yesterday, I thought I was pulling off OMAD, and was feeling pleased at my extended fast until we reached suppertime–and then I was hungry. Too hungry to ignore. Grapes, lots of cheese, an avocado. (Notice no crackers–I’m still maintaining my boycott of refined carbs.) Then wine as I started supper. Then more wine. Then even more wine as we had Eggplant Parmigiano, a garden salad with a /generous/ portion of dressing. Then, beyond control, I lost the no-refined-carbs plot, and had four caramels.

Pre-HFLC that meal would have given me a massive headache, probably a small hangover, and four extra pounds on the scale this morning. (Trust me: I weigh myself too often not to know exactly what’s going to happen on the scale after various meals.) Instead? 144.4, up from 142.8.

I’m doing nothing by the book, so probably am not doing any proper proportions of fat to carbs to protein, and possibly the only serious influence is the (mostly) lack of refined carbs. But I’m sure astonished by the ongoing loveliness of the scale even after such a day of eating as yesterday!

I’ll do better today. For starters, Friday is always a “special” evening to me. It’s date night. It’s the end of the week. It’s the end of two FDs. So I almost always over-eat and over-indulge (except that the results this time aren’t at all typical). Saturday is always just Saturday, so after decent eating today (which I’m not only certain of, but resolved to pull off) I’m so curious to see what the scale says tomorrow.

@funshipfreddie @dvw @betsylee Thanks for the shout-out!

@funshipfreddie Thanks for the latest video link; I’ll get it watched soon.

@dvw Yeah, fudge has a siren call for me, too!

@betsylee If you haven’t yet read Jason Fung’s The Obesity Code, I highly recommend that; it is absolutely the reason I’m suddenly/finally losing weight.

@northgeorgia You have indeed had some success this week/month. And I entirely agree with you about fruit as opposed to the refined carbs you listed. My new rule is “No refined carbs, at all” and “Instead, have the cheeses and nuts you used to deny yourself.” You never list wine or beer as an indulgence, so I’m guessing there’s nothing delightful to drink instead of your soft drink–yes? That’s a tough one. Don’t know how to help you on that, except that Jason Fung really discourages them if at all possible. And I know you’ve said you’ve limited them as much as possible. You’ll get there!

@mariaelena I have an herb bed with two parsleys, basil, oregano, thyme, sage, rosemary, lemon grass, verbena, marjoram, dill, chives, and I can’t remember what all else. It’s all quite crowded (as are all the plants in my small yard), but it works, and there’s simply nothing like walking out the kitchen door to my herb bed to snip whatever I need. I hope yours grows well for you!

Well, I’ve been dallying on truly starting my day as long as I can justify; I have things to accomplish. Have a grand one, filled with all the resolve you need to accomplish your eating plans for the day!

@stichincarol

You wrote: โ€œMy new rule is โ€œNo refined carbs, at allโ€ and โ€œInstead, have the cheeses and nuts you used to deny yourself.โ€

Exactly what I have transitioned to! It sure makes me feel better. I will allow myself (home) baked goods as a special, but to me special is like once a month for no specific reason, or holiday meals. Since my digestive system does not appreciate refined wheat, this way of eating is a big help.

@northgeorgia is flavoured carbonated water an option? I have replaced my diet ginger-ale with berry flavour carbonated water, and my feeling is that helps me tons. I always wanted that cracker snack after having a soda, bit have not had a difficult time watching my husband snack on them since I switched. They also help a lot with hunger, for me, more than plain water does. Just my experience, in case it is helpful to you.

Day 25 – 2nd post

@MarieElena I have a few cases of carbonated water. It was my mainstay for a year, but a few months back, I just went off them and prefer plain water now.

Yeah, I’m a teetotaler, but soft drinks have been my downfall. I watched one of the videos on sugar posted by @funshipfreddie and I can say that the biggest take away is all the artificially sweetened items in our diet with sugar, especially those we drink. In the past two weeks, I have severely limited intake of soft drinks, and see the good results from that. I can’t pretend I’ll ever completely give them up for good (did that off and on for years), but it would be great to get consumption down to one a week or less. I think it’s possible. Sweetened milk is another hard one for me: hot chocolate, or cold strawberry flavored…mmm Of course, at least then, there’s the dairy to help satiate. I mean, I certainly couldn’t down more than a mug of hot chocolate at a time, whereas I’m sure if I let myself, I could drink 2/3 a liter of soft drink without thinking twice.

@stitchincarol Oh, and I am increasing my cheese and nut consumption, too, and find it oddly takes down any sugar cravings by about 2/3!

Day 25 – UK – NFD

@stitchincarol – fantastic news on your new low!

@northgeorgia you have definitely had success this month!

I’m very sleep deprived again today… another restless night last night so feel like I’m operating on fumes now. However, in my semi-conscious state earlier on, I felt a sudden urge to get out and did a 4 mile hike around the boundaries of our village. It’s beautiful, even though it was very thick with cloud today. On a clear day you can see the skyscrapers of London, but not today sadly! It’s a lovely loop which takes you across fields, through the woodlands where Henry 8th once hunted, across fields filled with cows, over styles, through fords…. I was nearing the end of the loop when I discovered a little wooden bridge over a brook had been blocked off for very urgent repairs and I had to re-route. (I did attempt to leap over the missing struts but it felt rather wobbly!!).

So, after that I’ve been taking it nice & easy. DH made us a stuffed pepper for lunch which was delicious. Stir fry for dinner tonight and there’s a punnet of strawberries in the fridge too.

Have a wonderful rest of your Saturday, all ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 26 Melb Aust NFD

No jump back in weight after eating normally yesterday after my 2 days of FD800, so that’s a pleasing result. Now if I can only NOT eat too much today, and I’ll try for a 24-hour water fast after breakfast tomorrow morning.

@northgeorgia, @mariaelena, I’ve been thinking a lot recently re the carbonated diet soda question, whether flavoured mineral water was better, all the artificial flavours, etc. What I’ve decided to do is yes, I can have a diet drink, but it has to be at a meal time. One unanswered question is whether having an artificial sweetener also provokes the hunger response and/ or increases insulin levels and thus fat storage. Some papers say yes, others suggest not. Even having the sweetness in the mouth could possibly encourage further eating.
    Personally, I usually have a can of diet Pepsi every day, in the earlier part of the day, because it contains caffeine that I don’t get from coffee (have never been a coffee drinker, don’t like the taste), but I’m now trying to drink that immediately after breakfast, so any insulin response is part of the breakfast rise. Not sure how well that’s going to work, or whether I’ll persevere with it. It’s likely I’ll eventually move to just drinking more tea, and possibly plain warm/hot water, like @northgeorgia.

@stitchincarol, I actually do have “The Obesity Code” by Jason Fung, but I found for me, maybe it was the time when I read it, that Michael Mosley’s books were easier to follow. However, I’ve recently been watching a couple of Jason Fung’s Youtube offerings,and may reread the book. Thanks for reminding me of it.

@babs_b, what a beautiful walk, even if the bridge was blocked.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 26 – Lake district UK

Good morning everyone

Going to be Opt out October for me, think I’m getting a bit stale, not a lot to offer or contribute to the forum and losing interest at the moment. It’s 12 months on from treatment and a series of dark days and weeks. I will be forever thankful for the support I got from a number of members on here at that very difficult time.

Will continue just maintaining my weight where I am now, finding it very easy and comfortable so the last couple of years or so on this forum have been a great success personally. A lot of weight lost, the Inner Warthog has left and doubt that he will not return.

Good luck and take care all, will no doubt be back sometime.

Day 26 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@northgeorgia – interesting article! I guess the success or failure of a fast day really can come down to how our minds work and what we tell ourselves. I’ll be taking another look at The Fasting Flamingo site.

@betsylee – I’m with you on the diet soda. There never seems to be a definitive answer to the artificial sweetener debate. But, if it’s calorie-free that’s good enough for me on a fast day.

@i-hate-lettuce – all the best on your solo fasting journey! My 10 month break from the forum didn’t work out too well though, with a 6 or 7 kilo gain๐Ÿคฆ

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday!

Day 26 UK NFD

Struggling but now looking to October to turn things around ,

Farewell @i-hate-lettuce Please do pop in occasionally ๐Ÿ‘‹

Off to search for my mojo it must be around here somewhere

Day 26 – Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – CD

Good morning everybody.

Thanks for the book recommendation – will get to The Obesity Code soon. I see our library system has the ebook.

Just checking in to say hi. Interesting conversation about diet soda. I usually have a tiny diet ginger ale every afternoon, once theyโ€™re gone I think Iโ€™ll switch to flavoured sparkling water, see if it has an impact on my sugar cravings. Friends have recommended the Bubly brand because itโ€™s free of sodium. Will report back on my extensive research in October – sample size of 1. ๐Ÿคฃ

Having a tough time shifting even an ounce. Up 2 pounds, down 2 pounds. Oh well, will keep pushing towards the goal. Take care all.

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Horrible weigh-in at 224 lbs this morning, but I’m not going to beat myself up about it. How do you go to a wedding and not eat cake?

You know, I am finding it interesting. On the days where I am eating vegetables, meat, nuts, and the carbohydrates have fiber and/or are a bit more complex, there really isn’t much of a weight gain, even over the course of a couple of days. On the days where simple sugars abound, boom — there it goes. Of course, a lot of it from day to day is just water gain, but the studies seem to suggest non-fibrous based fructose can cause inflammation and increase fat storage mechanisms in the liver. Anyway, as a day-to-day NFD attitude, I’m going to continue to abstain from snacking, eat meals that avoid simple sugars and overly processed foods, and stick to water as much as possible. It does seems to help stabilize the weight levels to give the 5:2 a chance to work better towards weight loss opportunities.

Day 26 โ€” NFD

Good day!

Another on target food consumption and exercise day. Eating more fat and keeping carbs under control has been keeping my mojo up at the moment. In my opinion, my skin feels very good but I am aware that could be subjective bias.

@betsylee I like your diet soda strategy. If they spike insulin, I too suspect that influence would be mitigated if combined with a whole meal.

Iโ€™ve been having fanciful discussions with my appetite self and my hunger self in my head. They remind me of toddlers sometimes โ€œgimme nowโ€. When they gang up, as they did while I was cooking us a treat meal Friday (Greek chicken and potatoes- a treat because we rarely make it, but love it – it was well within eating well bounds) they wouldnโ€™t shut up. LOL – ME: ok I hear you but we will eat in an hour. Just be a little patient. Them: NOW gimme now!

What I find challenging is without quick processed food, I have to spend time in the Kitchen preparing a good meal. And then Hunger self and Appetite self go all in on me whining and complaining. Right now it feels like they are too ill mannered to learn better habits. Since spending time in the Kitchen itself appears to be a trigger, just going to continue on and hope they learn.

Husband had to spend most of yesterday working from home, so our time has been limited this weekend – so Iโ€™m off now, we hope to have some good together time today.

Be well and happy, all!

Day 26 UK
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Havenโ€™t posted for a few days so set aside some time this evening to catch up on posts. Have also watched sugar film shared. Interesting viewing and a good reminder.Itโ€™s good to catch up with everyoneโ€™s posts and itโ€™s encouraging that you donโ€™t feel you are doing this alone. I am still hanging on in there and hope to make my target within the next 2 or 3 weeks.
    I was thinking of switching to having the main meal at lunchtime on NFDs and either skipping the evening meal or just having something light.I think this might work better for me. Has anyone else tried this?
    @betsylee The walk you did sounds lovely. We did about 5 miles yesterday all along the seafront. A beautiful sunny day too.
    Have a good week one and all.

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I weighed the same this morning (144.4) despite last nights lovely dinner, so I’m feeling good about my current approach.

@i-hate-lettuce I always enjoy whatever little/much you post, NEVER find it stale, and will really miss you. However, I fully understand needing to make your own choices, so I’ll simply look forward to when you return. I’ve been thinking of you for the last couple of hours as I’ve been chopping my dried fruit for your Tropical Christmas Cake. ๐Ÿฅฐ

As I’m chopping those fruits, I’m thinking about the Christmas Pudding that I made last year for the first time ever. I used Nigella Lawson’s recipe, and while it was lovely, we all agreed our lives would still be complete if we never had it again. BUT. That’s more because the particular combination of dried fruits (raisins, currants, prunes) are not beloved by any of us. So, all you Brits and Aussies who have been raised on Christmas Puddings, is it a travesty to put in, say, dried cherries, craisins, and, say, apricots? Please understand, I will feel entirely free to do whatever the heck I WANT, but I want to know what you all think of as authentic. Thanks, everyone!

@caoimhe My mom used to say “Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, supper like a pauper.” Turns out, recent things I’ve read suggest that’s EXACTLY what is healthiest for our bodies. So if a main meal at lunch and little to no supper suits you, go for it! DH and I have actually said that, when he retires, we’ll be likely to do that ourselves.

Okay, church, brunch, chopping fruit to soak for Christmas Cake, and now we’re off to see DH’s mom. Have a lovely afternoon/evening/sleep everyone!

second post

And does a Christmas Pudding ever have nuts in it???

Day 27, FD, Aus

Wow, itโ€™s going to be October at the end of this week. I dunno where the year is going.

I still havenโ€™t kicked the end of day vino habit, but am feeling a bit more into the 5:2 swing of things. Slow progress.

I watched the Canadian sugar video, thanks @funshipfreddie. Iโ€™ve long looked at those nutrition labels when comparing high calorie items like muesli bars or other snacks. But not for โ€˜regularโ€™ food. I was shocked to see how much sugar is in my milk. Why put sugar in milk?!?! Cray-cray.

Ha ha @emma Taylor โ€“ I laughed too. Stick with it! I was in Malaysia years ago bartering to buy a throw rug. I do not speak Bahasa Melayu but I had picked up few words here and there, including some numbers. The shop assistant I was haggling with (in English) kept checking with her boss (in Bahasa) whether my latest offer was acceptable. He gave her a counter-figure which she relayed to me inaccurately, and at a higher number. Without thinking, I said โ€œbut he said one hundred, not three!โ€™ (or whatever it was). She looked shocked and said โ€œyou speak Bahasa!โ€ which I denied but she immediately gave me the rug for the price I wanted.

Interesting article, @northgeorgia (and congrats on your latest scale result). Linking that in with @mariaelenaโ€™s thoughts of hunger v. appetite, I think we have some great mind tools available to make 5:2 work for us.

Stay well @IHL. Hope to see you back here soon โ€“ just coz youโ€™re checking in and not because the Outer Warthog has returned.

Day 27 Melb Aust CD

Well, my WFD hasn’t eventuated, so i’m just keeping it to a relatively controlled day, and see what the next couple of days bring.

@i hate lettuce, your comments will be missed. You’ve been around this forum for a while. But… there are times and seasons for everything. Just continue to keep your Inner Warthog under control, okay, and any time you feel like dropping in to say “hi”, that would be lovely.

@mariaelena, a suggestion when your inner selves start debating – first have a large cup of warm/ hot water, and see how it goes. In fact, tell them – before I give in to you, I have to drink a LARGE cup of water, and see if they shut up. ๐Ÿ™‚

@caoimhe, it was actually @babs_b who went on the lovely walk – I was commenting on her post – but yours also sounds beautiful.

@stitchincarol, I’ve never cooked a Christmas pudding, but I do remember the lovely glace cherries and chopped up bits of almond as well as raisins, sultanas and pieces of dried citrus fruit. I’ve never heard of using prunes, can’t imagine it. So yes, cherries and chopped almonds are commonly used in the Christmas puddings I’ve eaten. It may be different in different places, though.

@dvw, diet ginger ale? Hmm. Never tried it. Might look around for it. I do remember a TV program once with Dr M where he compared the difference between drinking carbonated vs non-carbonated water, and the carbonated water was worse for you, but I can’t remember in which way. Does anyone else remember seeing that show?

Onward and downwards everyone.

Day 27, U.K.- FD

Iโ€™m back in the wagon this morning after 2.5 days of EFS.

My OMAD on Friday turned into a simple ZBC! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜„

Sometimes I find a FD after a blow-out weekend super easy but sometimes I find a get a huge energy dip, so fingers crossed for the former.

@betsylee – for health reasons alone, you might want to consider avoiding diet sodas โ€ฆ aspartame, sucralose, nutrasweet etc are pretty evil chemicals, try this link as a sample:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24436139/

@emma-taylor : Duolingo is wonderful isnโ€™t it?

I actually speak Italian and French but Iโ€™m learning Spanish via Duolingo and itโ€™s fun!!

I bet youโ€™re doing better than you think! My DH is not a linguist by any stretch, but has been learning French with Duolingo for 14 months and his progress is EPIC! But like you he dreads the ensuing incomprehensible gabbling when he ventures a few French words!

@stirchincarol – Soo interesting re your results of a blip-day. Have you read about carb-cycling? Apparently you can boost your HFLC weight loss with the occasional injection of carb-feast daysโ€ฆ. Maybe it was this phenomenon at work????

Anyway, thanks for insight! I feel a re-read of The Obesity Code coming on.

Second post

Also @stitchincarol – if worst comes to worst, I can host October but I must warn that Iโ€™ll be a rather absent host as I have a holiday planned during early/mid October, plus several Long Weekends, so I wouldnโ€™t be the most active host !

Day 27 – Wales on holiday – NFD

Hi all just checking in to say hello!
    Having a fab time in Pembrokeshire and loving this beautiful part of the worldโ€ฆ
    Tte weather has been glorious for the first week so feeling very blessed to have been able to get out and about on the bike and coastal pathsโ€ฆ my god the hills!!!
    This week the weather is turning so will try to spend more time wrapped up and walking, relaxing and some catching up with friends.
    Eating and drinking too well but will get back on track next weekโ€ฆ
    I hope that you are all keeping well.
    Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 27 – UK – CD

@i-hate-lettuce – I’ll be sorry to see you go and have loved your contributions to the forum, but of course we must always do what’s right for ourselves. ๐ŸŒป

@stitchincarol – Growing up, I was not a fan of Christmas pudding but have started to make it my tradition to make one every year and I’ve managed to convert other non-lovers of Christmas pudding! I base mine on this recipe: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/christmas-pudding-citrus-spice
    which has whole blanched almonds in it. In recent years I have switched the glacรฉ cherries for dried cranberries because I feel that’s a bit more festive! I lovingly feed it with a mix of brandy and Cointreau every Saturday morning through the weeks leading up to Christmas. Anything left over, I blitz up with some vanilla ice cream, which tastes amazing. ๐ŸŽ„

@jaifaim – so glad you’re enjoying yourself in Wales! The weather really has turned today hasn’t it? I much prefer a long walk in the cooler weather and I bet the scenery with the leaves starting to turn is stunning over there. ๐Ÿ™‚

@high5 – I have also heard about carb cycling and apparently many people get good results from it. Good luck with the FD after the EFS weekend. ๐Ÿ€

@betsylee – great advice about having a cup of something warm. I have done this by making a cup of tea when my stomach’s been grumbling before and it’s definitely helped. โ˜•๏ธ

@mariaelena – It sounds like you’re doing really well, congratulations! ๐ŸŒŸ

@penz – I’m with you being shocked at the sugar in milk! Back in 2016, when I lost weight using the 5:2 I relied on a low cal protein shake at lunch time on my FDs. I used almond milk thinking I was being saintly at the time, then was staggered to see the sugar content!! ๐Ÿ™ˆ

@caoimhe – FANTASTIC you’re likely to be at target in the next couple of weeks! That is brilliant ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

@northgeorgia – that is such an interesting observation. I’d love to hear more about the inflammation and high fructose link. I wonder if I’m also experiencing something like this as my scales just are not budging at all, plus sometimes I feel so puffy and my nagging joints get a bit more achey too… ๐Ÿค”

@dvw – You have a fellow ginger beer lover here. My dear grandmother used to like her whisky with a drop of Canada Dry so ginger beer has been almost positioned as ‘medicinal’ in my life ๐Ÿ˜‚. It’d be interesting if there was a little link with the sugar spike. ๐Ÿค”

@brightonbelle – I’ve had better days and worse days this month for sure. Struggling with that RESOLVE mantra! I’m starting to think ahead to potential Christmas do’s and how I’d like to look and feel attending those. Vain I know, but I’m hopeful it’ll be a bit of a catalyst.

The day has started off with me getting absolutely drenched on the very short walk in to the office, so I’m sitting here in soggy jeans and frizzy hair. I had only just washed and styled it. Ah well, I suppose this is what makes us feel alive sometimes eh?!

The positive is that I had two good days of walking this weekend, which is a big improvement on where I was physically only a couple of weekends ago. Yesterday, we decided to nip into London for a walk around the city. I love strolling around the sky scrapers, which are nestled among all the old buildings that have been there for centuries. I particularly love doing that on a Sunday when no-one is there. We saw a bride and groom outside the Bank of England’s very grand facade, we saw a tall ship sail through Tower Bridge (so the bascules were raised to let it through). We saw the ravens flying overhead, in & out of the Tower of London. We had a drink in a very historic Inn, had a coffee by the tower and covered about 4 miles on foot. It was lovely.

One thing I have noticed since restarting the 5:2 is that my tolerance to dairy seems to be dropping. I’m not sure if anyone else has found this? I’ve not been a big milk consumer anyway, but since switching almost exclusively to black coffees, if I opt for say a flat white, I have a lot of stomach cramps. I’ve also barely eaten cheese since restarting this WOE so wonder if I’ll be like that with cheese too. Not sure if it’s just where I’m not used to it, or whether my ‘make up’ has changed, so to speak. I am still ok with a splash of skimmed milk in my tea, thank goodness!

So we’re into our final week of September and the seasons have officially changed….! Here are my pledges:
    Two good days
    Move my body 3 times this week
    Drink two bottles of water a day (1L)

Pocket list for day 27 ๐ŸŒˆ
    @high5

Day 27 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

Late checking in today. Had a plumber here since the crack of dawn; well, 8:30 am. No leaks or anything; just having the geyser & some fittings replaced & the shower spruced up. But – the racket?! I think the cat’s moved out; don’t blame her.

The pocket list is looking a little sparse for a Monday? Okay, let’s do this Monday fasters ๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™‚๏ธ

@penz
    @high5
    @funshipfreddie
    @dvw

Day 27 – Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

Just checking in to join the fasters.

@high5
    @dvw

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

Thank goodness for the FD. Some carbs (not a lot, but a few more) crept in yesterday. Lots of fiber eaten later in the day hasn’t had time to activate itself, and is just sitting in my tummy heavily today.

An unholy number has appeared: 226 lbs. 7 lbs in less than a week is not fat, I tell myself.

@penz
    @high5
    @funshipfreddie
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia

Third Post

@funshipfreddie

I have just been in the car so had the opportunity to listen to the full length of your latest recommendation: โ€˜Sugar:The Bitter Truthโ€™ by Dr Robert H Lustig

Wow this is truly epic. I loved this video. What a superb deep dive into the science.

I now need to go back and WATCH it rather than listen as I missed out on being able to look at all of his diagrams as I was driving! Such a useful video. Think I will buy his book now too!

Thanks for this great post! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 27 โ€” FD

Yesterday was lovely and on target. (I swear every time I type that I hear Gold Five in Star Wars droning โ€œstay on targetโ€ – guess thatโ€™s some powerful mojo! )

@northgeorgia Iโ€™ve been reading about fructose and inflammation since you posted, this was a recent summary of some of the studies https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/high-fructose-diets-may-harm-the-immune-system

And WAY TO GO on that weigh-in!!

@penz – unsweetened vanilla almond milk is my friend. As a WOCA that calcium intake is of fierce importance to me, and when I started to look into it I was shocked at how many calories so many milk and milk substitutes had. Then I looked at the sugars (especially added sugars) most of these drinks had so much OMG. Well, I love my unsweetened 30 calorie, 0 added sugar, 30% of recommended calcium drink- it seems plenty sweet as is. My sister calls it expensive vitamin water, but Iโ€™m very happy with it.

@babs_b I have found since about the time I turned 40 that my dairy tolerance fluctuates. If I intentionally or by happenstance take my dairy intake low, my tolerance gets very low when I try to reintroduce it. What has worked for me is to reintroduce is slowly, and in the earlier hours of the day.

@funshipfreddie Find that cat! They do get themselves worked up over an unexpected ruckus, donโ€™t they! Poor dears.

So, the end of the month looms heavy over me. My weigh-in is the last day of the month. Iโ€™ve been spending way too much thought on it. My keep me honest ๐Ÿ‘– are easier to put on, but not comfortable so Iโ€™m unsure what the scale will say.

Sending strength and happy thoughts to all fasters today, lol, including myself!

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – likely to be EFS ๐Ÿ˜’

Today is the day we celebrate our youngest’s birthday. I’ve been up for 59 minutes, and have baked and plated his flourless chocolate cake, tidied up the kitchen disaster from chopping Tropical Christmas Cake fruits yesterday (we had to leave immediately after I was done, and I was indifferent when we got home ๐Ÿ˜‚), loaded the dishwasher and started it, made the coffee, and recorded this morning’s weight at 144.8. Honestly, that surprised me as I didn’t eat all that much yesterday. The frustration is that I can’ have a FD today and tomorrow’s WFD will undoubtedly be tougher than usual, so I’m working at persuading myself I can eat only a little today, and psyching myself up to persevere despite all challenges tomorrow.

Thanks so much, @babs_b, for your description of your walk in London; I could almost feel as if I were there!

@funshipfreddie If I’m honest, 8:30 feels somewhat like the crack of dawn to me, too! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

After the flurry of activity when I first got up, I’m ready for a nap, LOL. I was worried when I woke up if there’d be sufficient time to accomplish everything necessary before we leave around one, but having the cake baked calms my worries. Some days start in more of a flurry than others, right, @funshipfreddie?

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 27 USA – OMAD (MFD?)

Just wanted to check in on a MOnday. Home from Silver Sneakers and shopping. I only have a couple comments to make, but know I support you all wherever you are in your journey on our WOL. Iโ€™m keeping at maintenance despite not really doing 6:1 lately, but OMAD is working too.

Regarding artificial sweeteners: I am one who has been using them almost since aspartame hit the market. I donโ€™t think I could have made it thorough early days of 5:2 having my coffee unsweetened, as well. I think my use of them is so ingrained, how could it be bad for me at age 73?? I think Equal came out in the late 70โ€™s in gum. I seldom drink any soda pop, but Diet Coke is still my favorite.

@mariaelena – your research is valid, yes, and I guess I am just playing with fire about it? ๐Ÿ˜œ

@stitchincarol – I will have to look up Christmas pudding recipes. I always used to make Christmas stollen (coffee cake) with dried fruit but just used whatever they sold in the packages at the grocery. I donโ€™t remember it really being very dry, just in a sweetened syrup.My stollen did usually have nuts.

@northgeorgia – so curious why your weight is all over the place, I might wonder if it is your scale? Do you have a pair of trousers or something that routinely changes fit as your weight changes? Just curious,

Onward and downward.

Day 27 UK FD (ish)

Sorry Iโ€™m so late checking in but been very axious today , dropped DH off at the hospital lunch time for his shoulder replacement op, anyway heโ€™s just rung back on the ward all went well , catch up tomorrow x

Day 28, NFD, Aus

Not so much PFDS but post FD relief today. I almost chucked it in yesterday, telling myself I could have a FD today instead. But I took the dogs out for a walk and that brought back my resolve. Tick off another LFD.

Good thing too because the dogs discovered a possum in our yard last night – they are such good guard dogs they had to wake up the entire neighbourhood to let everyone know about the intruder. Grrrr. As a result, I had a very bad night’s sleep and I would not have any resolve to do a FD today!

It would be great to have you as a host next month, @high5!

this video is very informative for meals you can have

Day 28 country West Australia CD

@songbirdme ๐Ÿ˜€ I doubt you are playing with fire. They do not appear to be a problem trigger for you, and you have thought about it! Iโ€™m pretty sure the science of our bodies is a long way from being deciphered, and we will find much more individual variance than currently I see credit for given in the research sources I find. So many fast proponents say – as for diet, find what works for you to compliment fasting. I like that attitude.

Day 28. U.K. NFD

Easy FD yesterday as my liver was clearly full of glycogen and my cells still full of glucose from my weekend of EFS!

Donโ€™t know if my body got round to burning any actual fat yesterday as it was probably just living off what I stuffed in on Sunday ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„

Now comes the harder part for me – trying to be good on a NFD

@penz – WELL DONE! Once I have one tiny thought about giving up, it snowballs! So Iโ€™m really impressed with your dog walking strategy! Iโ€™ll try that!!

To me it sounds amazing that they found a possum, as Iโ€™ve never seen one in the flesh! But I guess the disrupted sleep was a big price to pay!! ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ข

Good luck to anyone fasting today ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

second post ,as I just wanted to post first thing this morning before heading out the door to walk some sheep up to the yards from the paddock.
    Spring is a busy time with giving sheep injections, crutching etc.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
    Apart from getting very wet feet even in my walking boots, it is glorious walking behind the sheep.
    The paddocks are a carpet of yellow capeweed flowers ๐Ÿ’after a stunningly good winter and plenty of rain.
    I am finding that apart from posting and being more accountable , the increase in exercise ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธis certainly helping with weight loss and general health.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
    2 kgs gone this month and fingers crossed for the newest low in many months tomorrow.๐Ÿคž
    @betsylee, oh my goodness, we in WA feel for you guys in Victoria and NSW where our DS lives. ๐Ÿ˜ข
    Melbourne has certainly been in lockdown a LONNNGGGGGG time.
    Reading you post about your weight losses and gains was almost like reading my own journey. ๐Ÿ˜ฒUncanny.
    But now I am on the way down and I do NOT intend to get any of this fat back. Carting around the equivalent of 7 x 3kg bags of oranges is NOT healthy for me. ๐Ÿ˜žAmbitiously heading towards 60 kgs…..
    @babs_b your walk the other day sounded fabulous. England is such a pretty country.
    @i_hate_lettuce, joining the chorus of those who will miss you but look forward to your dropping by when you feel like it. Yours has been quite a journey and although I didn’t post much I did think of you very often. ๐Ÿ™‚
    @stitchincarol. WOW! what a lot to get done in 59 minutes!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณSounds like you deserve a rest!
    re: Christmas pudding, I use my Nana’s recipe which is moist and delicious and although our 3 children are mostly not into fruit cake/ pudding they do love this one.
    Could be that I soak it in so much booze ๐Ÿท๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿทthat it is just about solid alcohol ?? but I always put nuts into it – always chopped almonds but sometimes walnuts too – and I love apricots so they sometimes go in along with cranberries and prunes. Makes it beautifully moist. ๐Ÿฅ‚
    But TBH it is very boozy so just about anything in it probably tastes good. ๐Ÿค—
    I have been known to use the mixture for Christmas cake if short on time. Divide the mix roughly in two, cook one in the oven, steam one and ‘ Bob’s your uncle’!!
    re: carbonated drinks, I am so thankful that I don’t like them and never have. A good friend has been having at least 2 a day and struggles with weight gain. She has diet/Zero coke or Pepsi but simply cannot seem to give them up. I was always a bit concerned about the sweeteners in them.
    Fortunately I love plain old water and drink it by the litre. Rain water off the roof. Yum.
    I do have a lot of difficulty drinking water when I go to town . Our local town water is Dreadful very chemical tasting stuff. It’s one reason I drink so much coffee!!โ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธโ˜•๏ธ
    We do have a soda stream and sometimes make our own plain soda water without any flavour. But I remember reading some years ago that carbonated water is not good for you as it leaches calcium from the bones?
    Off to sit with a heat pack on my back for 10 minutes. Finished the sheepwork and then weeded the garden for an hour or so and really feeling it now. The weeds were like a jungle – but no tigers discovered yet.
    Onward and downward.๐Ÿ˜Ž

Day 28 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@penz – but is the sugar in cow’s milk so bad? I mean, it’s lactose, so not like the added sugar they put in processed foods. And I think the fat in milk prevents an insulin spike. I may be wrong , but I think dairy is only problematic for people with a lactose intolerance, which is mostly Asian people.

@high5 – so glad you enjoyed Robert Lustig’s lecture. To be honest, some of it went over my head, & I should probably watch it again. I watched a Ted talk of his recently too though, & it’s only about 20 minutes’ long. At one point he says something like. ‘if I had to choose between sugar & alcohol, I’ll take the alcohol; you can only drink yourself under the table once a day’. ‘Sugar – The Elephant in the Kitchen’
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmC4Rm5cpOI&list=WL&index=50

@stitchincarol – unless it’s a matter of life or death I try to avoid my days ever starting with a flurry! I usually make coffee & go back to bed for half an hour to catch up on my WWF games & read the news headlines.

@mariaelena – Boo Boo is back home, safe & sound! I guess she got hungry ๐Ÿ˜…

Day UK FD
    Just to check in as today is a FD
    Good luck to anyone else doing the same. Hope everyone has a good day

Day 28 – UK – NFD

Feeling pretty happy today – the sun is back out after yesterday’s rain & wind which really makes a big difference. Glad you enjoyed the tales from the walks! I’ve been very much in my own head recently and hadn’t been prioritising getting out (especially with the dodgy back & joints in recent weeks) but am pleased I’ve managed it in these recent days and managed to see lots of lovely things.

I’ve been reviewing where I was at the beginning of Sept and it turns out I’ve been hitting some of my pledges. I’ve read multiple chapters of the books I currently have on the go. I have also been listening to a new audio book on top of those too. I flit between multiple books because 3 out of the 5 are non fiction.

Yesterday I managed to get out for a walk at lunch time, only 35 mins but was great to get some fresh air. I definitely am guilty of many lunches ‘a la desk’ so that made a welcome change. Also stopped me eating too much!!

So my ‘walk, fast, read’ plans have been fairly successful. I’d almost written off the month in my head but managed to get a second wind! Looking forward to carrying that on into October.

Out for dinner tonight to say farewell to our niece and nephew who are both off to university this week. I’m having a bit of soup for lunch then just liquids throughout the day until this eve. So not quite OMAD but not far off.

@funshipfreddie – good point about the fat content in milk helping to offset the lactose in milk

@lilymartin – the fields sound beautiful! I echo your thoughts about those on the east coast etc in lockdowns. It’s no fun at all. Here’s to lots of social connections from a distance!

@penz & @high5 – good work to both of you on the FD! I know that feeling of relief for not giving in all too well. One for the memory bank for future FDs that might feel the same!

@brightonbelle – I’m glad DH’s op went well. It’s such a worry and made that bit worse with not being allowed to be in the hospital with them at the moment. Hopefully he’s feeling ok today and you’re having an easy day.

Pocket list for Day 28 ๐ŸŒฟ
    @caoimhe

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Well, I think I might know why the strange bloat in weight over the weekend — yesterday at work I mysteriously began to sneeze and sniffle. I think the body desperately tries to hold on to water and nutrients when it feels illness coming on. Yesterday, I had probably 15-20 calories total. It wasn’t a WFD, but it was all liquids. I had about 3 or 4 cups of hot broth last night in addition to water all day long.

The urgent care centers were full yesterday, so wasn’t able to confirm a COVID negative (but my brother tested negative for it when he got treatment for his sinus infection over the weekend, so my assumption is that it is the same thing). But I’d feel better knowing for sure. I am staffing an outdoor volunteer fair event in the mountains today, and there is an urgent care clinic in my hospital system in that district, so I’ll try again after I leave that event.

Had a nice, protein and fat filled breakfast this morning. I am really looking at labels now to see what products have added sugar to them. I knew they were in everything, but I have been relieved to find some of my favorites have 0 to just a trace of sugars. My “zero calorie” ranch salad dressing has a full gram of sugar alcohol (oops!) My pita bread has 2 grams per loaf. The American Heart Association recommends an average limit of 30 grams a day. The WHO recommends 25 grams. I saw in another place that it’s probably best to try for 10 grams a day. Basically, I’m learning that sugar plays a major role in insulin resistance, blocking leptin, which tells your brain to stop eating. It’s also metabolized differently in the liver, causing a higher percentage of calories to be stored as fat (as well as inflammation and other issues). So for me, my personal quest going into the new month is to really focus on reducing non-fibrous fructose (added sugars). I’ll still keep the Fung concepts in mind, and of course make the 5:2 WOL primary.

Day 28 โ€” NFD

I conquered that fast day, but it was a challenge. Glad to put it in the success column.

Re sugar: Itโ€™s not sugar per se that I struggle with. It is crunchy refined carbohydrates. โ€œSnack foodโ€ and crackers specifically. The cookies and cakes I can pretty easily forego, but a savory crunchy snack is my struggle. Of course those savory crunchy (highly processed) foods added tons to my sugar total ๐Ÿ™ Natural sugars and carbs also try my will-power – it is frighteningly easy for me to overeat the fruits and potatoes, but I can refrain from the cakes and cookies quite easily by comparison.

Regarding carbonated drinks, Iโ€™m using my bubbly water liberally to get through Fast Days (has a better hunger suppressing effect than plain water, but someone here recommended warm or hot water, so Iโ€™ll experiment and dig into the research about if carbonation has a health effect I need to be aware of! Thanks for the heads-up @lilymartin

@northgeorgia I believe that 10g sugar number (6g for women) is for Added Sugars. It has been a while since I looked into it and Iโ€™ll try to confirm. So my homemade tomato soup, which contains the natural sugars in tomatoes and leeks wouldnโ€™t count towards the 10g/6g limit but one SER?ING in a can of tomato soup (2 and 1/2 servings per can) from the store has a whopping 8g of added sugar. I am very fortunate to have the time and resources to make my own. Not everyone can take that time or afford to (even my dairy free simple tomato soup recipe costs at least 6x more than can version, I estimate.)

Iโ€™m reminded of a Science fiction story I read long ago. From the outside, an observer thought a society was misogynistic because the women mostly stayed home. Turned out they had to be highly educated scientists in nutrition and bio-chemistry to safely feed their families on a hostile planet. When Iโ€™m in a supermarket, I often remember that story.

Basta! Enough of my tedious ramblings. I need to do a good house cleaning this sunny beautiful day here, so I think Iโ€™ll try to get some of my exercising outside to enjoy it! I wish I lived in a vibrant urban area where I always enjoyed walking outdoors – so much to look at and take in! My brother recommended I just load a podcast to counteract the tedium of walking where I am, and Iโ€™m going to try that!

Happy thoughts to all!

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Well, the scale was up three pounds from yesterday, but the only thing I regret is the movie popcorn…it tastes SO good, but leaves me feeling so icky. Delightful day, however, and today I get to fast it all away, LOL!

@brightonbelle So glad your DH’s shoulder surgery went well. ๐Ÿ’•

@penz I hope you get a glorious night’s sleep tonight (right now as I type??) to make up for how awful it was last night!

@lilymartin Loved all the various descriptions you gave. Any chance you’d be willing to post your Nana’s Christmas Pudding recipe??

@funshipfreddie When I first get up, I can’t even get my eyes open, and just squint for a long time, so the fact that I got so much done on Monday morning was ENTIRELY out of character for me! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@northgeorgia So sorry you feel so awful; hopefully that Covid test turns out negative, as you’re guessing it will. Fascinating details on what you’ve learned about added sugars. My youngest pointed out several years ago that fat free half and half only pulls that off by having added sugars (at least, I think that’s what he said was added), so I’ve been assuming high-fat salad dressings have no sugars added, and no carbs, and those we currently have in the house sure support that. After decades of trying to avoid anything high fat, it’s a STRANGE feeling to embrace high fat…but it’s so far working.

The Tropical Christmas Cake is in the oven and will be done just before I have to leave for my day of piano lessons. I love teaching, and my students are all delightful, but I’m sure looking forward to staying home tomorrow!

Pocket list for Day 28 ๐ŸŒฟ
    @caoimhe
    @stitchincarol (WFD)

Day 28 Melb Aust CD

Well, my CD yesterday didn’t eventuate, but managed one today. Not sure what tomorrow will hold, as I have a 12:15 appointment, which messes up timing for everything.

@northgeorgia, @penz, I think you may be writing about two different things re milk.
    If I understand @penz, she’s writing about almond milk. Sugared, not sugared, I’m not sure, and things like almond milk, oat milk, etc., have litle calcium unless they’re fortified. If it has sugar added, it’s straight sugar, each molecule composed of glucose and fructose, and it’s the fructose which is bad for the liver.
    On the other hand, the “sugar” in normal milk is naturally occurring lactose, composed of glucose and galactose, and does not have the same negative effect on the liver.

@songbirdme, yes, like you, I find it hard to give up my diet Pepsi, despite the artificial sweeteners, because I do appreciate the “wake-up” effect of the caffeine. However, I do try now to limit how much of it I drink, and these days drink several glasses of water each day instead of just a couple. I also often drink caffeine-free diet Pepsi in the evenings.
    Actually, I have a vivid picture in my mind of once seeing a photo? video? of President Donald Trump’s desk, where he had a big red button and pressed it every time he wanted his diet drink, but I don’t really think he was/ is a good example of diet drinks helping weight loss.

Okay, after tomorrow, the next few days should be relatively controlled, but, yeeps! We have to weigh in on Thursday. Oh well, any loss is better than no loss at all, and there’s always October. It would be great, @high5 , if you were our October host, even if absent for some of it.

@lilymartin, Yes, lockdown here is somewhat tedious, but….. only about 6 more weeks and we’ll be at 80% double-vaccination for everyone 16+, with much more freedom.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Fourth post

Guess what? All of our talk of low sugar and low carb โ€ฆ has encouraged Dr MM to write a new book!

You heard it here first! ๐Ÿ˜Š

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fast-800-Keto-manage-long-term/dp/1780725027

Day 29, NFD, Aus

Rain rain and more rain is forecast for the next several days. It hasnโ€™t started yet but itโ€™s grey and dark and already affecting my mood.

Fortunately the possum did not return in the night โ€“ Iโ€™m hoping it does not live nearby and was simply on a recce in the neighbourhood, met the dogs and decided this was not the place to hang out!

Interesting thought re milk, @funshipfreddie. Iโ€™m talking about โ€˜normalโ€™ cowโ€™s milk, @betsylee. By โ€œnormalโ€, I mean normal strength/fat milk, not one of thse light or fortified versions. I had assumed the nutrition label was referring to added sugar, but youโ€™re right, it could be referring to the natural sugars in milk. As many of us are discovering, more research required!

I like soda water (unflavoured) so Iโ€™m also interested in whether the carbonation leaches calcium. It sounds counterintuitive to me, but then again, the body works in weird ways.

How many sheep do you run, @lilymartin?

And now itโ€™s raining. Sounds lovely on the tin roof.

Day 29 FD country West Australia
    up early and sheep work again , quick shower then off to town for a 10 hour day work.
    @betsylee, at least over east people are getting vaccinated.
    I have had both AZ’s but we are really dragging our feet in WA. Complacency and a misplaced idea that somehow the ‘ government’ is going to keep us safe.
    When we get Covid, as we will, it is not going to be pretty.
    Hope to post later.
    Happy to share Nana’s pudding recipe later when I have time.
    Have a good day all wherever you are whatever you are doing.๐Ÿ˜€

Day 29 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@penz – It’s the same here! Spring has definitely arrived. A whole week of rain forecast. Re milk – I had a look at a carton of mine. Under ingredients it simply says ‘cows milk’. So I think that’s more important than the nutritional info. If sugar has been added they have to list it with the ingredients. I’m becoming an avid label reader. But they’re so small?! Or my eyesight is deteriorating. I recently downloaded a magnifying glass app on my phone; easier than hunting for my reading glasses all the time when I’m out & about.

I’ll be back on the pocket list tomorrow for the last FD of September.

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿช

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 428 total)

You must be logged in to reply.