fluctuations in weight

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
fluctuations in weight

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  CarlosCont 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I am just starting my fourth week and my weight is fluctuating. I suffer from irritable bowel syndrome which causes issues with bloating. Does anyone else have a similar problem. I am needing to lose 6 stone in total and I feel like I am going backwards.

Hi Helen!

I don’t have IBS (plenty of other health issues though!)

I just want to encourage you to stick with the plan, even on the weeks when you don’t seem to lose anything. This is a slow-but steady weight loss, just hang in there!

Work the plan to fit your lifestyle and health needs. Is it feasible for you to do a 24 hour fast …or would a simpler fast with two meals a day (breakfast and supper?) work better of your IBS….are there any foods you cannot eat – well obviously, avoid them!!!…any foods you find helpful in controlling your IBS…try and include them!

Remember the 5:2 plan is beautifully flexible! I generally fast on Monday and Saturday…but I have found that I don’t find it possible to fast effectively the day after I take one of meds…I don’t take this particular medication regularly – and simply move my fast-day forward if I need to!

If your weight loss fluctuates markedly – maybe you could decide to only weigh yourself once a month? That way you would be less likely to ge demotivated by smaller fluctuations.

Best of luck!

Yes main culprit is glycogen release/uptake from carbs and with glycogen comes water. It pretty much goes like this:

Drink alot of water = weight up
    Piss alot = weight down
    Eat alot of carbs = Glycogen +water weight up = Weight up
    Fast = glycogen + water weight down = weight down
    Exercise = glycogen secretion = weight down

I hate to raise a sensitive topic but “transit time” will significantly effect your weight fluctuations. If you are regular (say daily) and eat food that has a fast transit time (eg veg) your weight will vary a lot less than those who have days between.
    Understand? 😉 Purple

I agree with Carlos and PVE.

I eat a lot less processed carbs now and my weight is remarkably stable (often the same day to day). When I was eating more carbs, I suffered from bloating and water retention and my weight could easily vary by 1.5kg.

I don’t know what you are eating, or how often you are weighing, but it’s the long term trend rather than the short term differences that you need to focus on.

Totally normal. I think your weight can & will fluctuate due to a variety of things muscles retaining fluid for repair after exercise, too much sodium, hormones, time-of-the-month, intestinal back-up etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.