First time faster…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sweettooth 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• I’m going to start this diet this week and I’d like to hear about anyone’s success stories? 🙂

I’m 5’0 and weigh 9stone 12pounds but I’m hoping to get down to 8stone (or less) in the next year, is that a realistic goal for this diet?

My plan is to continue eating how I usually do, which is quite healthy if I’m honest haha, and fast on Mondays and Thursday’s. I’ll allow myself one treat a week like a coffee on a Sunday (I take 2 sugars so not v healthy haha)

Exercise wise I’m planning to go for 20min cycles or walk 20min on the treadmill every evening, do a cardio workout 2x a week, go for a run (1min run 2 min walk) for 30 mins oncey a week and every Sunday go for a long walk (2hours as I’ll have more time). 🙂

Given all this info, will a weight loss of 2stone be achievable in 7/8 months? 🙂 Thanks in advance and hope everyone’s diet is going well!! 🙂 Also, if anyone has any ideas for what I can eat on my fast days itd be really appreciated!! 🙂

Hi cinnabon21, this is my first day and I have about 2 stone to lose. No success to report yet, except I have go this far through the day with a boiled egg, some spinach and a tomato for lunch and will have mackeral and veg for tea.

Just a thought – I have been reading about the blood sugar diet (specifically for diabetics) and although I’m not diabetic I’m going to reduce sugar and carbohydrates on all days to keep my insulin down. Apparantly high insulin stops your body using up your fat reserves. Any way worth a try.

Good luck – from what I’ve read 2 stone weight loss is very achievable in 7 months and will probably take a lot less time.

I’ve lost 2 stone plus I think in about 3 months, but I started with a BMI of around 30 and a waist measurement that was more than half my height – both pretty clear indicators that I had plenty of weight to lose.

I did start off going more for daily calorie restriction and trying to reduce carbs and sugar, rather than 5:2 having read the BSD first and liked the science…. Saying that I didn’t do 800 calories daily, usually between 1000 and 1200 with the odd day that was more. I was doing very little exercise when I started and have only added exercise the last few weeks. How different is your plan to your current exercise regime – I would say it is the diet changes rather than the exercise that was responsible for the initial rapid weight loss.

Thats very impressive Imrenfrey! My job is mostly desk bound and, though I try to walk each day, I am nowhere near 10,000 steps. I plan to build in more walking and some other forms of exercise.

I eat a lot of carbs and sugar and having read the BSD I was rather shocked to realise insulin inhibits weight loss, particularly stubborn fat breakdown. I’m going to try to stick to 5:2 but will also reduce my carbs and sugar intake every day as much as I can. Did you find it easy to stick to your diet?

Hi @sweettooth, meant to reply the other day and didn’t get back to it. I also have a desk job and until recently my exercise was pretty much limited to a slow stroll with the dogs on an evening, walking the kids to and from school a few times a week and aquafit once a week when I could get there. Now I’ve lost weight I’m finding exercise more enjoyable and have been getting to the gym or swimming a couple of times a week.
    I’m finding this way of eating much easier than I expected having never managed to motivate myself to change my eating habits before. I think the calorie restriction at the start helped reduce my appetite and kill some of my worst sugar cravings, and tracking all of the numbers helps me a lot. So when it feels like the weight is stuck, but the waist measurement is down you can tell it’s still making a difference. I’m mostly actually finding fast days easier than non-fast days as long as I have plenty of fizzy water, just need to get a handle on which days work best for me to fast. Yesterday was going to be, but I wasn’t feeling it by mid-afternoon so today will be.

Hi Imrenfrey, thanks so much for getting back to me. I can imagine exercise is much more enjoyable when you’re not carrying extra weight. I will definitely build it in.

I found my first fasting day fairly easy and my ‘normal’ day yesterday more difficult. I guess there is less to think about on a fasting day. I also drink a lot of fizzy water. I’m doing a second fast day today (so alternate days) but will switch to 5:2 pretty soon as I doubt I can sustain it. I just wanted to give myself a kick start. I will definitely take your approach and try to keep calories, carbs and sugar low throughout.

Strangely, I find it very hard to believe this will work which is why your story (and others I read) are so encouraging. Thanks for responding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.