First fast day completed!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
First fast day completed!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cathyork 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello,
    Started the 5:2 diet yesterday, I have chosen Mondays & Thursdays as my fasting days and I’m concentrating on 500 cals on those days and on my normal days I’m sticking to 1200 cals a day. My first fasting day yesterday wasn’t as hard as I thought, I drank plenty of water and 1 diet fizzy drink to fill up.. I ate 500 cals, what kept me going was the fact today and tomorrow I can eat normally!
    Will keep posted, I’m going to do my first weigh in, in 2 weeks!
    Sheree 🙂

Hi Sheree,

Well done for getting through the first fasting day! I started looking at this properly yesterday (based on a comment a friend made about how easy it was to follow) and decided to start and have my first fast day today. I am finding it tough going but I am motivated. Especially by the prospect of eating “normally” tomorrow. I am going to try to fast on Tuesday and Thursday and eat as healthily as possible on the other 5 days.

I was quite horrified when caculating how much I need to lose – but I really need to do something. I was fit and active until a couple of years ago when I was diagnosed with a dodgy hip (there since birth apparently!) and now I have mobility issues plus a bad back which makes exercise difficult. Plus just about hitting the menopause. I feel as though I’ve gone from reasonably slim, active and healthy to a complete wreck in a short space of time. So aiming for weight loss, a better choice in my wardrobe and the possibility of getting a hip replacement next year….

are you planning to follow recipes on your fast days?

Cath

Hi Cath,
    Good luck with the 5:2 diet, how did your first day go the other day? We are both on fasting days today!!

I haven’t planned on following recipes but may considering it as I go through the diet you?

Sheree

Hi Sheree,

Well I found the first day really hard – and I really enjoyed every mouthful of my evening meal! Then yesterday I didn’t feel as hungry as I’d expected to, and I found myself really conscious of what I was eating, I guess I didn’t want to undo the good work, so I had a really decent healthy eating day.

So today we both fast! I feel a little more prepared as I have bought some broccoli to make some soup and some fruit and a selection of fruit teas for during the day. Despite being a person who always eats breakfast, I am trying to put offf eating as long as possible to experiment with the best way of coping with hunger pangs.

Next week will be interesting as I am travelling with work on Tuesday and Thursday (my fast days) and staying in a hotel. Will have to plan carefully for that!

How are you getting on?

Cath

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.