First day!uk buddy or cake needed

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
First day!uk buddy or cake needed

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  JillyDD 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Hi there,

It’s my first day of fasting. I’ve only been awake four hours and I’m already starving! Does it get easier?

Bx

Hi B
    Today is my first day too but I have done 5:2 fasting before (should never have stopped) and it definitely gets easier after the first week. I found that when you think you feel hungry then if you can find something to distract you for a while it wears off. And another thing I do now is ask myself if I really am hungry, and more often than not I’m not, we are just so used to eating all the time we don’t know what real hunger is.
    Steff

Ahh good to hear, I’m doing my days Monday, Wednesday to give myself the option of a Friday if my weight loss slows. In your opinion, which days worked best for you?

I try and do Mondays as it’s the start of the week then either Wednesday or Thursday, but I vary it depending on what’s in my diary.

Hello SteffP and B
    This is my second week (like you SteffP I too have done this before….sigh). Today is a fast day like you I do Mondays and Wednesdays, last week I lost 2lb but Wednesday was my only FD
    I was going to start this week, but by last Tuesday evening I felt as though I would burst with the amount I had eaten, so decided to bring it forward.

Good luck

Two fast days completed this week, so weigh in this morning shows a 2lb loss, I,m very happy with that

Onwards and downwards ladies xx

Excellent – it feels good doesn’t it. I’m not doing my day 2 fast until tomorrow but after the first day of fasting I feel great and don’t expect to have so many hunger pangs this time.

Hi all. I too started my diet from Monday. Today is my second fast day.

I started monday to im weighing tomorrow I will let you know how I do. Got a wedding in september and im bridesmaid need to loose 2 stone.

Hi I started on Thursday and will be doing Tuesday and Thursday as these are my busy days. Thursday I completley cleaned house top to bottom Tuesday I will sort the wardrobe out. I find it helps to keep busy as when I’m just sitting about not doing much that’s when I find it gets to me and harder.

Hello

Hope your weekends going wonderfully. I always find it more tempting on a weekend. My bad days are Monday and Wednesday.

I’ve done four weeks now. Next week I’m going to try and drink more water. Find I’m getting very thirsty on this diet.

CW

Fast day – not bad day

I started this on 15th January. I do fast days Mon and Thurs but the Thurs one sometimes moves to Wed or Fri if I have other commitments. At first I did the eating change alone and lost 4kg (8.8lb). Last week I added in some exercise (as I am normally very sedentary) and have lost a further kg (total now is 11lb). One more will put me half way.

Today is a fast day and I’ve actually started to enjoy them. I still feel hungry and get a bit food obsessed but that empty tummy feeling just reminds me how far I’ve come and how well I’m doing.

Hang on in there – it does get easier!

I agree Cath, I’m hungry now but I also feel virtuous and in control and enjoy that. I’ve just started my second week – I lost 5lbs last week and I ate well on my non-fasting days so I’m in a really good mood today!

Hi B, I think everyone is right about keeping busy, plus just reading through inspiring posts is really helpful when starting out and feeling hungry. Good luck Jill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply.