First Day Today!

This topic contains 29 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

• Hello I’m 5ft 8 and my goal weight is to lose 21lbs I’ve tried that many diets, last week the keto diet which didnt work for me at all. So today is the day I try the 5:2 diet.

My day so far I did not eat till 11.45am I had a chocolate and nut cereal bar (91cal) light greek style yogurt (73cal) skimmed milk (43cal) Dinner I’m planning on fish, veg and a honey and mustard dressing. Ive had one litre of water so far and coffee to keep me going but so far so good!

Glad to know things are going well for you so far, phunter, on your first Fast Day. Why the cereal bar? Just curious — was it convenience? High carbs like that taste good, but in the long run protein keeps you fuller longer.
    Today, we enjoyed Pizza Bake [eggs mixed with mozzerella, tomato sauce, green pepper, and pepperoni; then baked] and for dinner we’ll have fish with polenta and vegetables. Rather like your meal!
    Do let us know how this works for you and if you have any questions/concerns.

@fasting_me thank you for your reply, the cereal bar was breakfast on the go so yes it was for convenience. Hopefully I wont feel too hungry later and will try to have something more protein.
    Many thanks I will

Hello PHUNTER, my first day too!! I too am 5’8″ and hoping to lose at least 28 lbs. so far my day has been great, none fasting. I am really surprised how much I can eat in my Cals, so far I’ve had all sorts, pasta mug shot (convenience) quavers crisps (I love crisps very much) salad -lettuce, Tomato, cucumber, onion, jacket potato, 2x babybel light cheese, weight watchers tuna, sweet corn and mayo, I’m having a mullet light yoghurt, 3 strawbs and a kiwi soon!! Oh my! I’ve still got 600 cals left, am I doing this right? When are you planning your Fast days? I was thinking Thursday and Monday. Best wishes on your journey, my fingers are crossed for us both 😃

Hi BraDon and welcome:

It sounds like you are eating a lot, but I really can’t tell.

The basic rule is 500/600 cal. on diet days, and TDEE or less on non-diet days. Here is some basic information: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi @bradon my two fast days are Monday and Thursday I’ve had just under 500 calories and feel ok apart from a headache. Looking forward to have someone to tomorrow though, I’m trying to fast for 36 hours. Are you doing your non fast day today? On my non fast day I’ve worked out to have 1700 calories.

@phunter Your first day is a fast day… that’s commitment, I think my body would have a meltdown! Just reducing Cals on my non fast day has been an ‘event’ if you know what I mean, getting my head around what Cals are in what… never paid much attention before. My NFD Cals are 1650, I’ve not managed them all today as I didn’t start eating til late (my bad) need to start earlier, I’ve learned this from the forum today 😊. My first fast day will be Thursday. I think I’m looking forward to it, benn reading some great ideas and tips on here in preparation. It’s great to chat to someone in a very similar position to me also starting today – thanks for posting 😀

Welcome!

BraDon, if your TDEE [amount of calories on a NFD [Slow Day] = 1650, don’t think you must eat all those calories. That’s the maximum to eat, but you may be content with less. And that would mean that you will lose weight faster.
    If you need some recipes with the calories all counted out for you in advance, click my name to see my profile. There is a website where I post recipes for Fasters twice a week. You might find that useful.

Good luck, PHunter and BraDon.

Morning @bradon I felt a little hungry this morning but other than that I’m fine. On my non fasting days during the week I’m trying to still stick to a low calorie diet having between 1000-1200 calories (well trying to) then the weekends I will be more relaxed and let my hair down a bit 😊 Good luck for Thursday, I would say drink lots of water and just keep thinking at least you can eat normal again the next day.

@fasting_me thank you for your advice 😊

@vtenks thank you!

Day2: non fast day 962 calories today Ive had a yogurt, tuna wrap, bowl of peppers for lunch. Sausauges, roasted parsnips, peas, carrots and beef gravy, 2 sugar free biscuits with a cup of tea.

Day 4 and my 2nd day of fasting this week, my last normal meal was just before 11pm last night and I’ve had 497 calories today and will be eating my next normal meal tomorrow at 11am so I am fasting for 36 hours. I am feeling a lit hungry tonight and I’ve thought about cheating but then think the day is nearly over and I can eat normal again tomorrow wooo hooo 🙂

Good luck and enjoy this new WOL, I no longer call in I a “diet”, I’ve been following 5:2 since 6th January and have lost a staggering 8 kilos, it really works and is so simple to follow. The best part is my blood test results have improved substantially!!!

@roystenvasey well done thats great news! can I ask how long you fast for?

Good morning all the way from Australia, I started the 5:2 on the 6th January having also tried many, many diets. The 5:2 however has seen me lose 8 Klgs so far, the best news is blood test results are very pleasing indeed. This WOL (way of life) is now permanently here for me, I regard it as giving my body a service twice PW, I feel great, my body shape has changed, my dressage riding has improved, I’m now following a gym program incorporating HIIT training as well. Good luck & if you stick to it, you will be surprised how easy it works!!!

PHUNTER I fast twice per week, somtimes back to back, but usually Monday’s and Thursday’s, last meal Sunday evening then have a 250 cal Breakfast, then a 250 dinner, nothing in between – plenty of water. I find it so simple. I somtimes also do what is called 16:8 if my social life interferes.

Glad you had a good Fast Day. Onward and downward!

3.15am and 28hours into fasting….. cannot sleep! Feel really hungry on my 2nd day of fasting but only another 8hours left till I have something to eat. Hopefully this will get easier?

Thank you, will defiantly stick with it as I know I will benefit so much from doing it.

Got to 30hours of fasting and decided to have some cereal 🥣

i want to join you guys I want to lose at least 33
    tomorrow will be my fasting day

@crush welcome let’s all do this together, what days are you fasting? Mine is 2 days, Monday’s and thursdays

Day 5: Weighed myself this morning after fasting yesterday and I’ve lost 3lb’s 🙂 hopefully it’s stays off!

Some people who are Fasting have trouble sleeping. Try Catnip Tea. It is a mild sedative for humans.
    Good job on the 3 pounds, PHunter.

@fasting_me thank you for the tip. I did struggle yesterday so I was going to try doing 3 days of 800 calories and see how it goes.

phunter I am doing fridays,saturdays,tuesdays, let do it together
    today, drank coffee, I had light vegetable soup, will do same tomorrow

Can I join you all? New to the group here. 5’8 and want to lose 15-20 lbs by my July vacation. I have been doing some IF the past few months but mainly 16:8 so i am new to complete fasting or 5:2. Today is my first fast day, so far I have had coffee with some cream and now chugging water. Anyone on here plan to exercise? I am halfway through the couch to 5k program and was planning on continuing that today.

Hey, folks, as you plan what not to eat, don’t forget to eat protein from lean sources: poultry, fish, pork. Eating protein helps you to feel full longer and helps to avoid muscle loss. Vegetable soup and rice with veggies will help you to lose weight, but protein and other nutrients have to be high in your overall plan.
    Here are some examples of simple meals we eat:

Chicken/Turkey Dinner: 284 calories 4.5 g fat 9.3 g fiber 31.6 g protein 34.2 g carbs 58.2 mg Calcium PB Perfect use for left-over roasted or lemon-marinated grilled chicken breast. Instead of potatoes, enjoy the crunch of high-fiber crackers. So low in calories that you may even have some lovely fruit for dessert!
    4 ounces roasted breast meat, without skin 1/2 [3 0z] cup green beans 2 oz carrots, sliced as coins 2 pieces Finn Crisp crackers 1/2 cup sliced strawberries.

Chicken Noodle Soup: 212 calories 3.3 g fat 5.2 g fiber 23.1 g protein 22.8 g carbs 105.5 mg Calcium PB If you have some in the freezer already, then this is really easy! HINT: This makes enough for two servings. Invite a friend or freeze for another easy meal.
    3 cups chicken or turkey broth 2 oz chicken white meat, diced or shredded 1 oz broken spaghetti or linguine ¼ c. white beans, drained and rinsed if canned 1.5 oz carrot, diced 1.5 oz green beans, cut into 1” pieces 1 0z Canadian or back bacon, slivered seasonings to taste: salt, pepper, dried thyme, dried sage Per bowl: 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese + generous sprinkling of parsley
    Per person: [optional] 2 Finn Crisp crackers which adds 40 calories 0.5 g fat 2 g fiber 2 g protein 10 g carbs and 0 mg Calcium
    Bring the broth to a simmer and cook the noodles until almost tender. If the chicken is raw, throw it in the pot to cook. Add the beans, carrot, green beans, Canadian bacon and seasonings. When heated through, ladle into bowls and top with the cheese and parsley. Yum. Yum.

Cheesy-Bake: 248 calories 4.6 g fat 6.2 g fiber 12.1 g protein 40 g carbs 267 mg Calcium PB GF This is the baked version of a cheese omelette that thinks that it is a cheese souffle! Delicious.
    One 2-oz egg 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, grated 1 Tbsp reduced fat ricotta cheese 1/2 c raspberries [When I use frozen fruit, I portion it into its dish the night before, so it will be thawed by morning] ½ oz apple, sliced blackish coffee or blackish tea or lemon juice & hot water, 5-6 oz fruit smoothie or natural apple cider
    Spritz a ramekin with olive oil or non-stick spray. Set the toaster oven at 350 degrees F. Stir the two cheeses together with a fork until blended and whisk with the egg. Without waiting, pour into the ramekin and bake for 12-15 minutes, until puffed and beginning to brown. Prepare the fruit and beverages and enjoy a cheesy start to your day.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply.