First Day and already a question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  steve2k 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi, I am starting my first fast day today and already I have a question. Instead of 500 calories (I am a female), can you go without eating at all?

I think it may be easier for me not to eat at all than to eat only 500 calories. It is my first day so I am not sure it would be easier but thinking I might be able to just go cold turkey from food on fast days.

Sure, lots of people fast completely. I fast 24 hours (so from 6 pm to 6 pm) and only have a light dinner in the evening. You can also skip dinner and fast for 36 hours until the morning after your fast day.
    The 500 calories is just to make it easier for most.

Good question – I did my first day yesterday and got to 8pm and could have quite easily not bothered eating. However, I ate with my wife at 8pm and it seemed to wake my body up and it realised it was hungry.

Up until the point I ate something my body didn’t really seem to notice – I’ve got plenty of food stored on my body.

I might try giving it a miss completely on Thursday.

Let me know how you get on.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.