Finally on the right track, bring it on!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Finally on the right track, bring it on!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lowrijos13 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hello!

I’ve been lurking around this forum for a while but only just posted for the first time today. I figured since I’ve made one post, I might as well track my progress on here too. I think that putting my story out there for everyone to read will make me stick to my plan and keep me motivated.

So, I just finished experimenting with Slimming World and after having no success, I want to try something new. I’m going to fast every other day (or 4:3 – I’ll see how it goes) with doing the 8 hour diet on the other days to keep me on track. I’m not going to stop eating all the food I love, I’m just going to limit them and fast to make up for it (if I need to).

Anyway, my stats:

Height: 5 foot 5
    Start Weight: 18 stone
    BMI: 41
    Goal weight: 12-13 stone (whenever I decide I’m happy)

I don’t think I’m going to weigh myself every week because it’ll just put me off the diet if I haven’t lost any weight. I might wait for 6 weeks before first weighing myself because I’ve read in a lot of places that the diet needs that long to get to work, but I might also give in after 3. We’ll have to wait and see! I’m going to post an update on how I feel and how it’s been going when I can/remember or whenever I need some support.

…and I think that’s everything, wish me luck!

Definitely good luck!

I am not a bit fan of frequent weighing either. For me, the pounds come off slowly, and sometimes the number plateaus, or even goes up. I am telling myself to focus on feeling successful foremost on how faithful I have been to my plan, and how I feel. It is still my first week, but so far I feel good, despite a hectic week.

Good luck lowrijos!

I have a similar journey to yours ahead of me!….I have been on the Plan for some weeks now – and have slipped under the 18 stone mark for the first time in I can’t remember when! (I weigh myself once a week and have started to record my thoughts/progress on this site)

I love the idea of 5:2…and have found it actually works for me!

Hope you have similar success!

Thank you! It’s been a so-so first week, haven’t quite stuck to the plan everyday but I suppose that’s life. I still didn’t eat too much and certainly a lot less than I would’ve eaten last week!!

Hope it continues to go well for both of you!

Well interestingly the scientific evidence appears to show that daily weighers do better than weekly weighers. Make of that what you will but evidence is evidence…

I think it depends on my mood whether it helps me to be honest. If I find out that I’ve gained, it either motivates me to work harder or makes me give up… I’m on the verge of cracking and just looking at the scales so I might give in and do so later!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.