Finally beat the plateau!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Finally beat the plateau!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Hi there I have been on the fast diet since October and had really good success up until christmas losing 10 lbs. However I have been stuck on a Plateau for 6 weeks, which is so fustrating. Finally have weighed myself this morning and lost 2lbs this week woo hoo!! I just wanted to share this with anyone who has had the same problem, as it can be really easy to lose motivation when your trying and seeing no results… Just keep going!:)

Well done Monkeyslim!
    I have had two plateaus and it’s so frustrating but so exciting when you start losing again isn’t it?
    I did lose inches each time if not lbs!
    Keep it up 😀

thanks Lindyw,

Yes it definitely feels worth all the dissapointment of those weekly weigh ins. Really chuffed! I think measuring aswell is probably a good idea from now on.:)

well done Monkeyslim!

gives me hope as I have been plateauing since December!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep it up 🙂

Thanks @angie090465 yeap it is so dissapointing isnt it?!I was really starting to flake on the 5:2, but it just shows if keep on trying it will start to drop off again for sure!:)

Og Thank you Thank you. I really needed to hear your story. Was starting to believe I was the only one that has had such a long time plateauing, but kept it up due to the health benefits ( my migrene has disappeared). Now I can hope for a change in the weight loss also 🙂

I think as per a lot of us on here we can get to fixated on weight and wieghing.. Since starting IF (mostly 5:2 pattern) in August I’ve only weighed myself before Christmas and then again a few weeks after New Year .. My big milestone was getting back into my favourite jeans..

I suspect I have spent most of the time since starting IF on one or another plateau.. It feels like my weight loss / shape changing happens in short bursts rather than a continous decline.

So my message is really I think expecting a continous gradual shrinkage is probably quite rare .. so just keep at the IF and it will all shift..

It is so much about managing expectations .. if you expect to loose x lb per week you will be dissapointed.. the timescale needs to be longer .. the key I think is keeping a good diary of your fast days and at tops weigh yourself monthly.

I agree 100% Iwillbe12st!

not weighed myself since January and don’t want to lol! I much prefer to go by how my clothes feel, which is the best indicator to me, I just KNOW of weight is creeping back on 🙂

thank for your post, very encouraging 🙂

Well done MonkeySlim

I have decided that scales are evil things!! 🙂 Like Angie I don’t weigh in very often (once a month) but can definitely tell by my clothes if I am losing weitht. My hubbie is also on the 5:2 and he isn’t weighing either but he says he feels slimmer 🙂

Right thats it Im going to put the scales in the cupboard upstairs and stop weighing. I was talking to my friend last night, she has always been slim and she says she never weighs herself. I think I have become too obssesed with them each week. Have also started a weigh in monday with a friend, which although is motivationg to stick to IF I think in the long run is doing more harm than good…. might just weigh once more on Monday 😉 but thats definitely it!

Good for you – you can do it!!! 🙂

Hello, Everyone, I am 6 months in and was doing so well until about 8 weeks ago when I guess I hit the dreaded plateau. I haven’t wavered from the fasting two days a week but I think I am doing less well on my “eat” days because I don’t feel that much is happening. I don’t plan to quit because of the plateau because I am committed to this indefinitely. But, it is kind of discouraging not to notice a change in the way my clothes fit, etc. in the last two months. I am not a regular weigh-er and know that I’m better off if I don’t weigh because I could get very discouraged and so much of this is a mental thing. Like Iwillbe12st I weighed after 10 weeks (10 lbs lost!) and after 18 weeks (down another four!) but I haven’t dared get on the scale during this period of not much happening. I don’t want to get stricter with eating on eat days because that would defeat the charm of this plan–that I don’t feel that I am on a diet and denying myself the five days a week when I am not fasting. I am encouraged to read that others are hitting that plateau and will keep going and hope that I start showing some change again soon. In the meantime, no weighing, no dieting on eat days and continued hope that my medical exam shows an improvement in my numbers. At least I am down those first 18lbs. and THAT has made a huge difference in my life and my feelings about myself. At the age of 68 I had pretty much given up on ever making permanent progress in losing weight so this has been nothing short of a huge victory. Good for all of us!!!!

It’s encouraging to read these stories- I have been on 5:2 for about 6 months and have lost 15kgs. but for about six weeks now I seem to lose and gain the same 1kg over and over. I do look at the big picture and am happy with my weight loss and ideally would like to lose only another 1.5-2 kgs. as this would give me a BMI in a healthy weight range but it’s becoming increasingly frustrating. I have increased my exercise from 1 hour to 1.5-2hrs. most days and have changed to 4:3 for several weeks but the weight isn’t moving. I’m not tempted to give up, on the contrary it just makes me more determined although sometimes I think it would be better to just stop trying so hard. I also find it very hard to give up weighing myself mainly because I’m afraid I’ll gain weight and not be aware of it.

Hi:

The odds are you are eating a bit too much on your non diet days, but your increased exercise may be hampering your loss, also. Here are some thoughts on plateaus: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/on-plateaus/.

Good Luck!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply.