Feeling full on non fast days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Feeling full on non fast days

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  NancyDrew 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• I am in my third week (mainly doing 4:3.) I think I must have had about 1300 calories today and it feels like I had 2000. I am noticing that on my non fast days I feel full a lot more. Did my stomach shrink that quickly?

josie1, I don’t think that our stomachs actually shrink, but it certainly can feel like it does — most of the time this is helpful, although if you have trouble getting enough to eat, maybe drop back to 5:2 for a while?

Yes, I think you are right. Just hunger hormones recalibrating I guess. I didn’t realize it happens that quickly though. Thanks Fran.

josie1, I feel similar. I am doing 4:3 and have noticed that:

1. I feel full quicker
    2. I don’t need to overeat on non-fast days
    3. (most importantly) I don’t feel the need to eat sugary foods (I have a very,very sweet tooth)

I used to always carry some fruit in my handbag to counter any sudden hypoglycemic attack but I have never had one on a fast day (I just get hungry). After a fast day my body just wants to eat good food (fruit, vegetables and protein) to make up for the nutrients lost the previous day – no real craving for sweets and chocolates. I would think that part of my weight loss is this curbing of sweet foods since I don’t eat big portions anyhow. I just love a bar of chocolate or a piece of cake and bread every day.
    This in itself is a reason to do intermittent fasting, making you choose better nutrients.

Same effect with a modified 4:3 in my experience. I fast with 0 calories from evening after dinner to dinner the following day and when I try to take down a full meal I never finish it. On eat days I don’t snack and feel full quickly.

I am in my fourth week of fasting, usually doing 4:3 with consecutive days. I also feel as though my stomach has stunk quite drastically and am a little worried. I can barely eat anything both on my fast days and non-fast days! Last night (fast day) I only managed to each half a bowl of soup and even had to force that down as I felt so full.

I totally concur, I have experienced the same thing. On the days after a fast I find I eat breakfast and lunch as usual and then the very thought of eating dinner.. nope, not gonna happen. A pleasant change to be sure, but a HUGE change, too. Nice.

I’m noticing that i feel full too on non fast days. I log my cals on My Fitness pal, just as a guide, and i’m always surprised i stay well under what i’m ‘allowed’ to have. I alos rarely feel really hungry on the day after my fast day. I tend to feel hungrier 2 days after, not sure why.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.