Feed, Fast, HIIT – March 2014 ♥️

This topic contains 27 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

• We’re off to a new beginning!

Goal for this month:

Starting Weight:

Tracking Weight:

Feed, Fast, HIIT:

03/06/2014

Start Weight: 170 lbs (01-Jan-2013)
    Weight on IF beginning – 166 lbs (10-Mar-2013)
    Goal Weight : 142-144 lbs
    Goal Date : 01-May-2014

Tracking: 03/06/2014
    Weight: 147.2 – loss of 2.8lb

Exercise : Running; Pushups; Weights

Not sure exactly what happened here, I worked out only 3 days last week. Recently I switched fasting to this 2-eat:1-fast:1-eat:1-fast:2-eat….. adding 3 fasting days in 1 week.

Maybe that helped restart my weight loss. Please give it a try and let me know.

Very close to goal weight. Looking forward to switching to maintenance mode.

@sivasankar
    “Recently I switched fasting to this 2-eat:1-fast:1-eat:1-fast:2-eat….. adding 3 fasting days in 1 week.”

It’s a great thought and strategy.

I only saw 2 fast days above. Where is the 3rd fast day?

Does it matter which days of the week that it coincides with the fasting?

Thanks Rocky – I was just saying in general what I am doing now.

Last week, I started with a fasting day – so I had 3 fasting days in 6 days.

so it was 1(F):2(E):1(F):1(E):1(F):2(E)….

Start date of fast diet: 3rd September 2012

Start Weight: 15 stone 11 lbs
    Height : 5′ 4.5″

Weekly
    Weight loss/gain: loss .25 lb

Current Weight: 12 stone 3.75 lbs
    Exercise: 1 x 10 min jog, 2 x 16 min jog. 45 mins HIIT.
    Feed/Fast/: 4 3
    Loss to date: 49.25 lbs

hi everyone, hope your week has been good.

sivasankar great loss this week.

my new routine for running is 25 seconds run 40 seconds walk, 15 reps. its just over a mile, boy do i feel it this morning, although my weight loss has slowed i do feel my shape is changing and i feel fitter.
    see you next week xx

@sivasankar

“so it was 1(F):2(E):1(F):1(E):1(F):2(E)….”

This would bring remarkable results for you.

I’m thinking of how this would fit for me.

@fast for life

“my new routine for running is 25 seconds run 40 seconds walk, 15 reps. its just over a mile, ”

Are you doing this on a treadmill or outdoors?

hi rockyromero,
    “Are you doing this on a treadmill or outdoors?”
    im doing it outdoors, i used an app on my phone to track distance, and another to beep times for me. x

Thanks Fast and Rocky.

I just realized, it is my first anniversary on IF. Started on 03/10/2013 with lot of expectation and faith on this program and it did not fail me.

That is more than 140 days on IF(since I was doing 2:1 most of the time) and skipped over 280 meals. That is not only money saved and also time and effort saved in preparing/getting food and also less taxing on the planet. Yeah it is a very tiny and absolutely negligible percentage – but when a lot of us are on IF, it really adds up.

Thanks to everyone on this forum who helped answer my questions which helped me to stay committed – especially when I got stuck between 154-158 (for 2-3 months) and 150-153 (for 3 months)

I have lost close to 20lbs on IF and another 4 before IF – so almost 24 lbs since Jan 2013. I have lost a lot on my waistline too. Need new clothes now.

I am fasting today too. Can’t wait to get fitness assessment done – usually in May. Looking forward to entering maintenance mode in the next few weeks.

Good luck to everyone and stay strong.

Correction – should have said more than 100 days and over 200 skipped meals – ~700 Cal * 200 = ~140,000 calories = that is about 40lbs (3500/lb) – I lost 20lb in body weight and where did the other 20lb go – did it comp for some over eating?

Does it mean I would have at least put on another 20lb if I did not fast??

Start weight: 120lbs
    Goal weight: 110 lbs
    Due date:05/01/14
    Height:5 feet 2 inches

I excercise daily for 45-60 mins including jogging, kickboxing, Pilates, inclined walking.

I started the 5÷2 fast yesterday (Monday) and Thursday. Excercise keeps me fit but I have gained a lot of weights (15lbs) since I started working out. This is mainly due to my increased appetite. I hope fasting will help me lose those weights. My biggest challenge is my love for sweet and fried food.

I also started the under 1500 calories diet on normal days, along with the 500 calories fast

@ilcbintf

Welcome to the forum. Good luck

03/14/2014

Weight: 147.2 – same as last week

Exercise: Running, Weights.

I also lost more than an inch on my waistline.

@rockyromero – hope all is well. I found some interesting exercise routine from 60 years ago that does not take a lot of time (from a fiction novel). I am going to give this a try and post updates.

I just started 5:2 with yesterday being my first fast day 🙂 I’m excited to see how it affects me as i’m quite active, but have been having trouble shifting weight since i finished chemo 4 months ago.
    I’m 21 🙂

Goal for this month: Pay attention to how my body feels and use the mirror/tape measure as a guide rather than the scale. (scale has been driving me crazy the past few weeks, i needed a break!)

Starting Weight: ~ 143.0 lbs

Goal Weight: 120-125 lbs (or whenever i am satisfied with what i see in the mirror!)

Feed, fast: doing 5:2, with hopefully <1800 cals on feeding days. also toying with the idea of giving up the 500 cals on fast days as yesterday as soon as i ate dinner i just became more hungry (whereas i was fine before, although it was a carby meal…rice?)
    also wondering if anyone has tried combining the 5:2 idea with 16:8? i.e. on feeding days have an 8 hour feeding window from 10- 6 pm ? i might wait a week or two before i attempt it but i thought it might be interesting to try.

exercise: I do moderate to heavy strength training once a week (weighted squats, pull-downs, chest presses, deadlifts)
    and varied cardio 5-6 days a week, 2 or 3 of those sessions being runs as i’m training for a 10k in May.

Hope i can return here with good news 🙂 i really like the idea of this method of eating.

@laceyloses – Welcome Lacey – congratulations on starting IF. Please post your progress to help each other.

@rockyromero, @fastforlife – Hope all is going well. Looking forward to hear from you.

Happy Spring everyone. Let us keep it going.

03/21/2014

Weight: 147.0 – loss of 0.2

Exercise: Running, Weights, Yoga.

I am going to continue 1(F):2(E):1(F):1(E):1(F):2(E)… fasting for another month to help reach my goal. Basically, I am giving up 6 meal equivalent to not eating for 2 days a week.

Good luck everyone.

@sivasankar

“Happy Spring everyone. Let us keep it going.”

Yes, happy Spring is right!!

You are on a roll.. And I’m starting again this weekend.

I’ll check in with results this weekend.

And better weather helps to get outdoors running.

IF Starting Weight: 274lbs 3-4-2013
    IF Restart Weight: 247lbs 3-7-2014
    Goal for this month: 4lbs by March 31
    Current Weight: 245 3-21-2014

Feed, Fast, HIIT: 600cal semi-fasting Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
    Skipping rope 3 sets 10 minutes each on feed days.
    All calories consumed in 4.5 hours weekdays.

@samm

“Feed, Fast, HIIT: 600cal semi-fasting Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
    Skipping rope 3 sets 10 minutes each on feed days.”

Glad to know of your progress.

I’ve been feeding and not fasting, nor HIITing.

You are encouraging to me and today is a new beginning.

Start date of fast diet: 3rd September 2012

Start Weight: 15 stone 11 lbs
    Height : 5′ 4.5″

Weekly
    Weight loss/gain: loss 4.25 lbs

Current Weight: 12 stone 2.25 lbs
    Exercise: none for the past 3 weeks
    Feed/Fast/: 4 3
    Loss to date: 50.25 lbs

hi guys, welcome to LaceyLoses & Samm,
    its been a few weeks since i last posted, ive had to stop all exercise due to a knee injury, i kept up with 4 3 but gained a few lbs but this week things are moving again.
    rocky getting past the first fast day is the biggest step, wishing you luck and motivation x
    keep at it guys we can do this together x

update.. after another visit to the doctors i now have normal blood pressure and no longer take meds, YAY! ive 1 1/2 inches to go for my waist to be half my hight,

@ fast for life

” i now have normal blood pressure and no longer take meds, YAY! ive 1 1/2 inches to go for my waist to be half my hight,”

YAY is right.. Great news!

04/01/2014

Weight: 151.2 – gain of 4.2 since 03/24

No exercise, business travel and no fasting contributed to this 🙂

@sivasankar

“No exercise, business travel and no fasting contributed to this ”

I’ve let my focus in other areas to restrict my activities and I’ve stayed in a plateau since the holidays and the winter. I’ll remember to prepare accordingly for next year.

It’s still a journey for me, as it is for most of us.

Long Term 4 year goal: 100lbs fat loss to 174lbs by age 50
    IF Starting Weight: 274lbs 3-4-2013
    IF Restart Weight: 247lbs 3-7-2014 27lbs lost 🙂

Goal for April 4lbs
    Weigh In: 4-6-2014  242lbs. 🙂

Goal for May: 3lbs

Feed, Fast, HIIT: 600cal semi-fasting Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
    -TDEE non- fasting weekdays 1740 calories aim.
    All calories consumed Noon-5pm weekdays. No restrictions Sat or Sun.
    Jumprope 3sets 10min after meals & before bed. JumpingJacks if winded.

@samm

“Long Term 4 year goal: 100lbs fat loss to 174lbs by age 50”

I’ve also dreamt and have set a long term goal.

I’m taking those steps now to fulfill that.

Hi all, I have been on the 5;2 since Feb last and I lost nearly 2 stone and many many inches. Mostly, I didnt have to count cals on non fast days. Occasionally I would do 4;3 when weight loss stalled. So now I am almost at maintenance, just 3 lbs to go. Ha!! But I am bored now and demotivated. The scale goes from 10 stone 3 to 10 stone 5 every week. I know I eat too much at night times on non fast days. So, I am starting to add the 16;8 into my routine to shake things up a bit. Maybe 2 or 3 days a week (non fast) I will only eat from 12 to 8pm or 1pm to 9pm. This means skipping breakfast and less snacking at night. Can anyone add any hints or tips please?

Are your snacks fruits and vegetables that you enjoy ?

I believe most people at goal have learned to put out starchy snacks in favor of apples, oranges, and berries, as well as nuts . These healthy snacks can add a lot of nutrition thus eliminate some cravings to boot..

Though I’m no where near goal , I tend to make lighest meal of the day when I have the most will power.

So my breakfast are typically about 250 cals. Giving me more calories at the end of the day when I tend to graze. I like asparagus. Due to it being so low in calories it’s almost a free food if eaten all by it’s self.

I satisfy my sweet tooth with stevia. In many kinds of tea. This somewhat a treat instead of a snack. Or a tea time instead of a snack habit time.

Great job kindle!

@samm
    “I satisfy my sweet tooth with stevia. ”

I don’t know what stevia is since it’s not available to me.

I do keep small mints around when fasting. It also tames the eating boredom moments that crop up.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply.