Feed, Fast, HIIT – December 2013 ♥️

This topic contains 38 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  rockyromero 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

• Goal for this month:

Starting Weight:

Tracking Weight:

Feed, Fast, HIIT:

Checking in for Decembers results
    Start date of fast diet: 3rd September 2012

Start Weight: 15 stone 11 lbs
    Height : 5′ 4.5″

Weekly
    Weight loss/gain:

Current Weight: 12 stone 5.25 lbs
    Exercise:
    Feed/Fast/:
    Loss to date: 47.75 lbs

Wow!! Well done

After I pick my jaw off the floor, ditto! You really are fast!

hi guys and thanks,
    do feel free to join us in our weekly recording here on this thread, its a great way to support each other in our journey and keep track of how far we’ve come x

Goal for January 20th: 75 kg
    Starting weight: 86,4 kg (16-11)
    Tracking weight: 83.1 kg
    Loss this week: 1.9kg
    Total loss so far: 11,9kg

I just took my goal from the November thread, so my starting weight is the same. I had a bit more of a long term goal set, s yeah ^^
    I really want to dip underneath 80kg in the next two weeks. I think I can do that, seeing how I lost 1.9kg this week. I can lose a little less the coming two weeks and still dip underneath 80. (And I even skipped two workouts last week).

I’m still on 6 days a week HIIT, bodyweight interval training.

Hi, I hope fast for life won’t mind me saying, but the start date was 2012 not 2013 🙂

But fantastic result, nevertheless! 😀

hi Sassy, of course i dont mind, x
    its been a long journey for me and this is the start of my 15th month on this plan, proof that it is do-able for the long term and is still working. happy fasting everyone! xx

And I should have also said, fantastic for sticking with it all this time – you must be one of the longest followers and it is great inspiration for the rest of us to see that this WOL can be managed longer term 🙂

It will be very interesting to see how we are all going in say 5 years time! 😀

Thank you Sassy, the longer i did it the more normal it became, fasting is now part of my life,
    i believe in 5 years time many of us will be fitter and healthier than we’ve ever been and the health authorities will have to sit up and take note that this is not just another fad diet, but something much much bigger. xx

⚫️ Goal for this month: 185 lb

Starting Weight: 195 lb

Tracking Weight: 188 lb

Feed, Fast, HIIT: 6:1, strengthening, stairs & sprints more consistently.

http://trendweight.com/u/2530328a1bd347/chart/4w.png

My weight is steady & I will stay with 6:1 for the hectic holidays.

I will frequent hot Bikrum Yoga. Great for cold winter days!

@ fast for life. You’re continuing to lead us.

@nika Keeping track of your workout reports.

Re-joining…

Starting Measurements:

Weight: 170 lbs
    Waist : 42″
    Height : Same for the last 20+ years 🙂
    Pulse. : Happy to have one!

Tracking:

Weight: between 150 – 151 for the last few weeks.
    Waist : >34″
    Exercise : 200+ pushups a week and 3 days 3 * 30 sec HIT (not HIIT) + weights (total 1.5 hours/week in all workout)

Apart from this, gave up all meat(more due to how cattle/poultry raised in US) and most milk,dairy products (need 18% creamer for coffee though 🙂 ). Eating more green vegetables and fruits. Did not realize how hard it is to be a vegetarian in US – added fish on few days.

All the best.

@sivasankar

“Height : Same for the last 20+ years
    Pulse. : Happy to have one!”

Me too!

“Exercise : 200+ pushups a week and 3 days 3 * 30 sec HIT (not HIIT) + weights (total 1.5 hours/week in all workout)”

Great workouts!

“gave up all meat(more due to how cattle/poultry raised in US) and most milk,dairy products ”

Same here and feeling healthier from it.

Welcome.

@rockyromero. Same here – I feel much better not eating meat. I used to only eat Chicken and that turned out to be worse than other meats. I think it was your book recommendation “Diet for New America” that changed my eating habits – so thanks to you.

Around the same time I was also reading books b Buddhist monk and took it as a sign to give up on meat.

Correction:

My waist is < 34″ not greater than 🙂

@rockyromero

Found the link when you recommended the book. Thanks

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/side-effects-to-the-planet/

btw – did you notice new additions to the site – Favorites and Subscriptions – I already started finding them useful.

@sivasankar
    “I have stopped eating meat since beginning of Oct and never felt better.”

With so much food abundance, giving up meat products is a social conscience choice for those that are able to do so.

Feeling better is a welcomed reward.

Enjoy.

Hi all. Great posts and motivation here, the latter is something I have been short of lately hence a period of putting weight on due to over eating on non fast days but am getting back on track. I am a meat eater but over the last year or so have found I am eating less meat without it being a pain. It is very easy to introduce a couple of meat free days into my week. There is so much info out there for non meat eaters to experiment with and hopefully more will eat less (meat that is). One of the drawbacks for me is that some veg food sites seem to have recipes that contain a list of ingredients as long as my arm and as such are off putting. Having said that I am shortly going to brave the high winds we are experiencing to go to the supermarket for ingredients to make Moroccan Roasted Veg Soup. Only 7-8 ingredients including ras el hanout, some thing I have not used before. (recipe on BBCGoodfood site). As I post, the news reports winds of 103mph in parts of Scotland so we need to be careful.
    Good luck to you all out there.

Weekly
    Weight loss/gain: loss 0.25lbs lol!

Current Weight: 12 stone 5 lbs
    Exercise:
    Feed/Fast/: 5 2
    Loss to date: 48 lbs

Yay! go me! ive lost .25 of a lb this week, im giggling to myself, i know its a really small amount but you know what, it took me many years to gain that weight, not even at 1 lb a week it was more like 7 lbs over six months it crept on, ive 1 lb to go to my christmas goal of a 49 lb loss, by George i do believe i will do it! x
    Glad you are joining us sivasankar. Couscous i hope you will to, best of luck all for this weeks results x

Every .25 lb lost is gone forever! So no-one will blame your for celebrating weight loss here 😛

I don’t really have an update. Or well, not a very good one :p I gained 1kg after getting sick and binging for two days, and only exercised on Monday. But I’m planning on going full swing again this week!!

@fastforlife – as Nika said any loss is good.

@nika – looking forward to see the results.

Starting Measurements.

Weight: 170 lbs (01/01)
    Height : Same for the last 20+ years 🙂
    Pulse. : Happy to have one!

Tracking:

12/09/13

Weight: 150.0 exactly – hoping for below this on next IF day – Thursday.

My weight loss has slowed down to less than a pound/month. Another six months to reach my goal 🙂

Waist : <34″
    Exercise : 300+ pushups and 3 days 3 * 30 sec HIT (not HIIT) + weights (total 1.5 hours/week in all workout)

@sivasankar – looking forward to posting them! It’ll be next Monday though, so don’t really have an update now. I did start up my exercise routine today and yesterday again, had to push myself to do it but feel better because of it now. It’s a daily struggle for me, I never want to do it, but I know that if I do it I’ll feel better – both physically and mentally. Strangely it doesn’t make the struggle any less, I just always really don’t want to do it x)

I salute your 300+ pushups! Is that in one day? Or a week? I think you said week before, just wondering 😛 Ever since I re-started IF my pushups became terrible, can now hardly handle 20 on my knees, not even my toes… ugh.

@sivasankar
    ” Another six months to reach my goal

Great results and focus.

I’ll be back on track soon.

Congratulations Rocky – it does seem the guys lose really quickly. Your success is brilliant.

Agree with Sassy – it’s brilliant that you’ve been going for 15 months Fast For Life !

Nika, you’re going so well too, in spite of the bout of illness.

It’s the flexibility I love most with 5:2. I check in to the forums but often don’t get a chance to post. I’m not able to share results as I’m still the judging changes by fitting into favourite (old) items of clothing, rather than weighing. Down from Aussie size 16/18 to a 10 which is just so exciting after 5 months. Feel so slim. Fish, chicken, meat or crustless quiche and salad or vegetables do it for me. Also often cauliflower “rice” to replace actual rice with curry or mashed cauli instead of mashed potatoes. May go back to exercising in January, but with the differences in how I feel and look I’m not even feeling guilty on that score. Just love the principles of 5:2 with “semi” fasting twice a week.

Heather

There’s no reason to feel guilty about not exercising if those goals aren’t what you’re looking for! Exercise isn’t the most important thing about weightloss, it’s what you put in your body. I just exercise because I want it to go a bit faster, I want to get fit again because of my sport and I want to tone a bit. I’ve never, ever had abs in my life – this is the time to work towards those!

Start date: 8 Aug 2013
    Start weight: 250 lbs
    Start height: 5’7″

Current weight: 232
    Total weight lose: 18 lbs
    Goal: 170 lbs
    comment: week of vacation then Thanksgiving week up from 224.75 to 237.5 now back to 232. Back to 225 by end of year. Think I will hand Christmas better than Thanksgiving.
    Exercise: Walk 45 min 3-5 times per week do light weights 2 times per week.
    Age 68
    Health: Lupus, high blood pressure, type II diabetes.

Thanks for the support from you all. In it for the long haul.

@nika

“There’s no reason to feel guilty about not exercising if those goals aren’t what you’re looking for! ”

I’ve been coasting on my prior workout performances since doing some travel and with the holidays and also work has been a stronger focus in preparing for next year.

It also occurred to me that since it’s been colder in Chicago ( about 10 degrees F) and all my strength training equipment is kept outdoors. I do prefer room temperature when working out.

Anyone have ideas on how I can get motivated to strength train outdoors this winter?

Oh yeah, did someone say to get some willpower? Anyone have some extra to send my way?

Weekly
    Weight loss/gain: loss 0.25lbs

Current Weight: 12 stone 4.75 lbs
    Exercise: none
    Feed/Fast/: 5 2
    Loss to date: 48.25 lbs

hi everyone, hope your all well and ready for the holidays, ive one more week at work then im off until after the new year, YAY! another 0.25lb off this week but ive still been eating what i fancy on my feed days, still doesn’t feel like a diet to me.
    keep posting and updating its great to hear how others are doing xx

Rocky, Join a gym. There are a lot of places around the country that charge as little as $10 per month for basic membership with no long term commitment.

@nika – We have to push ourselves to get to where we want to go. Since I have kids, I have to be a role model 🙂

I do 300+ pushups in 3 days. I normally do 50-60 in one sitting(!) and usually do 100+ in 3 sets – and 3 times a week. For some reason my number of pushups have gone up after IF – maybe due to losing waist. I have been doing pushups for a long time – as I used to have back pains and maintaining a strong core helps.

btw, I just started reading your “My Story” post.
    —-

@hardjudge, @heatherfast – welcome to Dec edition of FFH group. Let us help each other to stay motivated.

@ffl – congrats – keep it going.

@rocky – Did not know you are in Chicago. Can you believe how cold chitown is now (and last few days). It is -ve windchill today. Don’t have motivation to get up early in the morning to go to work. Let me know if you are in Chicago downtown – we can meet for lunch one of these days.

@hardjudge
    “, Join a gym. ”

Yes, good thought.

Actually, there is a gym in our building with limited equipment, but good enough.

@sivasankar
    ” in Chicago. Can you believe how cold chitown is now (and last few days). It is -ve windchill today.”

I forget what cold means until it happens. I suddenly discover how much faster I can walk in these times.

“in Chicago downtown – we can meet for lunch one of these days.”

Yes, I live and work in downtown Chicago, and yes, let’s connect on a feed day for lunch whenever your time permits, perhaps in between the holidays?

I always wondered what fasters would eat on a fasting day?

Goal for January 20th: 75 kg
    Starting weight: 86,4 kg (16-11-2013)
    Tracking weight: 81.5 kg
    Loss this week: 2.6kg
    Total loss so far: 13.5kg

Hey people! I didn’t post last week because I had a fluke, didn’t exercise the week before and gained a kg due to two binge days on Snicker bars, more Snicker bars, crisps and all kinds of other stuff.
    I think I made up for it this week though 😉 This was my last week of the first month of Insanity. Now I have a “rest week” which will probably be mostly toning and firming (planks and all that). Then next week will go straight back into the HIIT training.
    Because of the fact that I won’t have a lot of cardio this week, I’m going 4:3 this week (monday/wednesday/friday fasts). Then I’m going to Wuzhen, where I’ll do my best to stick to one meal a day, but if my guide / friend Panjian (for more info on him, see my Nudgin’ Nika topic) takes me out to lunch I can’t just sit there and don’t eat. Explaining to him that I’m fasting is very difficult, seeing how his English is extremely poor…

Depending on how the weekend goes I may not even weigh on Monday, as not to discourage myself, and go straight through to the week after that.

@nika
    “Depending on how the weekend goes I may not even weigh on Monday, as not to discourage myself, and go straight through to the week after that.”

I’m traveling and shifted from my routines this past week.

I’ll get back on track this week.

Glad that you’re doing well.

Starting Measurements.

Weight: 170 lbs (01/01)
    Goal Weight : 142-144 lbs
    Goal Date : May 2014

Tracking:

12/16/13

Weight: 150.0 today morning – though I broke through 150 and was 149.2 yesterday evening, after fasting.

Exercise : 300+ pushups and 3 days 2 * 30 sec HIT (not HIIT) + weights (total 1.5 hours/week in all workout) + Beginner’s Yoga for 1.5 hours.
    —-

@rockyromero

“Yes, I live and work in downtown Chicago, and yes, let’s connect on a feed day for lunch whenever your time permits, perhaps in between the holidays”

Not sure I want to post ph/email here – but I work near Willis and there is a potbelly, panera nearby. We can choose a day and meet there.

@nika – That is impressive loss. Congrats and keep it up.

@sivasankar
    “Weight: 150.0 today morning – though I broke through 150 and was 149.2 yesterday evening, after fasting.
    Exercise : 300+ pushups and 3 days 2 * 30 sec HIT (not HIIT) + weights (total 1.5 hours/week in all workout) + Beginner’s Yoga for 1.5 hours.”

These are clear successes and breakthroughs. You are on a roll.

I will get back to my routines this week.

Hello feeders, fasters, and hiiters,

Checking in on floors:

Mt. Vinson (1607 floors total) 1191 – 96 = 1095 FTG (floors to go)

⚡️

Floors, meditation, strengthening before my sprints.

✔️

Will workout more in the holidays with extra time.

Last post for the year.

Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year and continued success in reaching your personal, professional and weight loss goals, improved fitness and quality of life in years to come.

I am indebted to many people on this board for motivating me to stay on track and also for sharing their knowledge and expertise in making everyone’s life better – especially Dr.Mosley(@michael and BBC), Mimi (@mimi), Vimeo(you know why!), Google (yes – somehow my searches led me to Fastdiet), @wiltldnrusa, @rockyromero, @jeanius, @fast-for-life, @nika and my family – without these wonderful program and people I would still be carrying around 20 lbs or more.

Thanks a lot.

@rockyromero

“These are clear successes and breakthroughs. You are on a roll.”

Thanks – we are almost there.

Starting Measurements.

Weight: 170 lbs (01/01/13)
    Weight on IF beginning – 166 lbs (03/10/13)
    Waist : 42″+
    Goal Weight : 142-144 lbs
    Goal Waist : 32″
    Goal Date : May 2014

Tracking:

12/27/13

Weight: 152.6 today morning – though I broke through 150 and was 149.2 last week, I gained few due to some Holiday parties, holiday snacks at office, home and friends visiting on fasting days – could not avoid eating more after fasting.

Exercise : 300+ pushups and 3 days 2 * 30 sec HIT (not HIIT) + weights (total 1.5 hours/week in all workout) + Beginner’s Yoga for 1.5 hours.

@sivasankar
    “improved fitness and quality of life in years to come.”

I have also made this commitment as many others have.

We’ll start and continue on this upcoming year.

Weekly
    Weight loss/gain: gain about 5lbs

Current Weight: 12 stone 9.5
    Exercise: none
    Feed/Fast/: 5 2 and 1 6
    Loss to date: 43.5 lbs

hi everyone, i hope you all had a lovely break, its great to see more of you joining us, this will be my last weigh in this year and its a gain of 5 lbs! last Christmas i didnt fast at all over the hoildays or record my loss/gains, due to parties and family commitments last week i only did one fast, this week ive fitted in two, next week i hope to do two and then it might be back to 4 3 to kick start my new year in gear,
    i think its important to share our ups and downs, this is real life, there will be bumps in the road on our journey if we accept them as part of the process we can deal with them and move on rather than see them as failures.

Well done to you all for getting this far in your journeys, Wishing you all a happy and successful 2014 xx

@fast for life

“i think its important to share our ups and downs, this is real life, ”

The good eating and fasting habits developed over the year helps in the holiday season.

I’ll restart my check in next week for the upcoming year.

Glad to connect with all of you.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply.