February Challenge

This topic contains 733 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  JudyJudes 4 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 734 total)

• USA Day 1 FD

Decided to start the month on a FD!

Pocket List

@snowflake56
    @mia139
    @bellyblast
    @ccco

Have a great day and a great fasting month!

I’m in!
    I’m a 52 year old female who is currently in maintenance after losing about 18lbs. I typically do 2 fast days per week and aim to do 16/8 every other day but this last week was a bit of a struggle. I haven’t weighed myself for a week or so (eek) so I will do that after my FD today and log that as my start point. Luckily i’m in southern California and the temperature today is going to be 84 degrees which is very helpful on a fast day. I intend to sit out in the sun this afternoon and make some vitamin D!!
    Thanks @ciren2 for being the host this month and to @songbirdme for last month.

Day 1 California FD

Pocket List
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @bellyblast
    @ccco
    @rafiki44

Good morning from Southern California , its really bright and sunny here 🙂
    I am following 16/8 and 2 meals a day method , its good so far I am not too hungry.
    When I do get hungry i just take a cup of lack coffee.
    Also I am going dairy free – Yay !!! its a big deal for me because I love all things dairy 🙂

happy fasting all ..
    can someone help me how to make a pocket list ? i tried typing the @ and name didnt work .

DAy 1 2nd post
    Hi @alliswell
    we copy any existing pocket list then add our own name to the bottom.
    e.g.
    Pocket List
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @bellyblast
    @ccco
    @rafiki44
    @alliswell
    or if there is no pocket list
    just type ‘pocket list’ then put your name below
    pocket list
    @alliswell
    hope that’s clear 🙂

Thanks!!
    @suki2

Whats a pocket list ??

@jacquie-b – It’s just a way for fellow fasters to connect virtually. It began early on for B2B fasters, but now it is just for FD members to feel they are not alone. An actual LIST or virtual one put in your pocket is how it got going.

(BTW, we have a daughter Jacqueline whose name we spelled like yours early on. Welcome!)

Day 1 – NFD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅🤸‍♂️
    Thank you @ciren2 for hosting us this month! And @songbirdme thank you for steering us through tte first month of this year… I am so very sad that the UK and so many of my friends and family are no longer in Europe 😢
    So..a little about me… I’m in my late forties. The first challenge I joined was October 2017…and I’ve been intermittently fasting in all senses of that phrase 😂 since but I am committed right now to check in regularly for 2020.
    I bob around 12 stone and ideally this year would like to get to 11 1- 11 1/2 stone if I can.. I’m very active, very muscular but carry weight in my hips and tummy.. unfortunately weight comes off my face first…
    I love being outdoors even in our lovely Irish weather and cycle lots, walk, hike and play tennis regularly.
    I have recently started strength & conditioning. I have a busy life with my man, full time work, elderly and terminally ill parents and my family and friends.
    I’m pretty much staying away from alcohol and sugar as much as I can… but I am very easily led particularly when I’m out with friends so I dont think I will ever be off either completely.
    So starting out on this first day of February I have lost 9 lbs since January 1…which I hope I never find again.. 😂 I think it is very much a case of easy on/easy off as I’d put on that weight in November and December (particularly Christmas). So i expect the weight loss to slow now… so it will be tougher..must be strong 💪
    I am proud of myself for getting back to where I should be in terms of sticking with this WOL, staying off alcohol, reducing sugar and being more active for the month of January.. I plan to continue this into February as at last night’s party I had just two alcoholic drinks and then wasn’t really bothered with having any more…
    I try to do standard 5:2 with fast days generally Monday & Wednesday although the second day is often switched to Thursday depending on how the week pans out…
    I wish you all the best for this month, particularly the newcomers and anyone who has made their way back for February.
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 1 Oregon Unexpected FD!
    Hello! Although I found this site a good while back I finally was brave enough to join the forum last month. I didn’t post often, but I certainly appreciated reading all the supportive and inspiring posts.
    I’m 57, married, working half time for a local health care institution, and caring for an elderly relative. I live in Portland in the beautiful Pacific NW. Slender all my life until I got married and went through early menopause at 41 and had a host of stressful family issues all conspire to drive me to emotional eating and I found myself unable to lose weight and depressed, despite keeping up with exercise.
    I’ve been doing 16:8 for over a year. It was very effective (25lbs off) but I hit a plateau that lasted from August of last year to January when I decided to switch things up. I’ve read all of Michael Mosley’s books and I felt like I could do 5:2 with the newer level of 800 calories, and indeed I could/can! Like many others I find fast days easier than NFDs. I’m still doing 16:8 although I’ve been trying out longer fasts too. During the TRE period I have lots of plain black or green tea, water, and the occasional black coffee.
    I’m pleased to be starting February 3lbs lighter than January, it seems I’ve left the plateau…Fingers and toes crossed on that:) I have 17 more to go to reach a weight that will take me out of the overweight BMI category.

Goals for February: Post here more often for the accountability and support! Keep working on drinking as much water as I can…it seems that it is harder to drink water when cold rain is pouring out of the sky:) Examine ratios of macros and work towards a higher concentration of vegetables, rather than comfort carbs. Oh yes, and I’ve grown fond of a daily plank, so when I can remember I’m going to throw those in:)
    My birthday is in March so I have high hopes that I’ll have another successful month.
    Here we go!

Day-1 NFD Maryland, US
    My first time posting, there’s a first for everything! I plan to have my fast days on Tues and Weds, though trying to do this concurrent to my husband who is jumping in with me. I tried last year but it was soon after my sister passing (way too soon leaving behind twin 1yo baby girls) and just not a good time to focus on me, sad enough to say.

I’ll still trying to wrap my head around meal prepping, I don’t eat terribly bad to begin with but my weight loss isn’t as progressive with the holidays, et al, and my issue is unwinding from stressful work and life schedule at night with a few drinks which can only know how much my body will appreciate a break, not processing calories after 6p! It’s been a while that’s for sure. There’s a bit about me. Thanks, looking forward to this groups support.

Day 2 – NFD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅🤸‍♂️
    Up and out early for club spin 🚴‍♀️. Have a good day everyone! Btw… a few lbs went back on after my night out Friday. 2.5 … how is that fair 😢 I didn’t even drink that much…. it’s annoying when you are happy with your loss but knew it would happen… will be back off in a couple of days….💪
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 2 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Welcome to all the new people!
    @jacquib – where are you from?

@emma-taylor – good question! I didn’t really plan it. I applied for a job here in ’87, & just never got around to going back to the UK. I wasn’t here much between 2002 – 2017 though, because I was working on cruise ships. But I always kept my place in Durban, and came back for a few weeks every year. I don’t think I could survive a UK winter now!☃️ Now that I’m retired I’m getting itchy feet again, so I’m going to Uruguay in April.

Have a good S🌞nday everyone 🌈

Can I join in?
    No idea what i’m joining!
    Started 5-2 back in October at 246 lbs. Now at 223.2 lbs weighed today. I was stuck at 226 lbs, so started eating only between 11am-5pm every day, including my Monday and Thursday fast days. I started that last week, and it has got me moving again.

Day 2 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Sorry I am late to register for February challenge, just did not have time before as busy with the retirement party and organisation of said party.

But I am definitely in. I start the month the same weight as last month, so maintaining but not at a weight I want to be. I have a girls trip to Lanzarote from Thursday and will be away for a week so there will be eating and drinking. I plan to enjoy myself and look forward to warm sunshine as the damp Irish winter can get into your bones.

My DH has gone off for a few days on his motorbike to visit youngest DD in Manchester (first trip to the UK now that they are no longer in the EU), so right now I am considering an FD today. On a Sunday!!

But perhaps later on I might not ….I do love my Sunday afternoon relaxation with the newspapers and a nice dinner to look forward to……lets see how it goes.

Day 2 NFD Australia (originally from UK)

So i missed day 1 (and almost day 2).so will intro myself here a bit.

I am 37 married mum of a 2.5 year old boy. I am doing thisas I’m always on a diet ‘diet’ to lose baby weight which means starting the day or week with good intentions and rapidly falling off the wagon.

My husband does OMAD and loses weight easily when he puts his mind to it so ahen he indulges on a weekend I can’t resist. But being short and maintenance being 1500kcal a couple of wines and a takeaway already puts me over. Do that a couple of times a week and you’ll see why I have been somewhere between 59-62 kg for the past year! I feel maintenance won’t be an issue but losing weight sure is!

So last thursday after anither slip up on Wednesday I decided to try this. I fasted all Thursday and Friday. I figured if I could do 2 days in a row I could do this.

So my plan is now to fast Monday and Wednesday each week with a bonus Friday fast when it fits my week so I can enjo my weekends a little more. My weigh in day is Wednesday. I’ll give it Feb and if this gets me a consistent downward trend then I’m sold!

I will be counting calories on NFD to make sure I don’t go over my allowance for the week.

Current weight 60.5kg
    Interim target weight 55 kg by 20 May
    Goal weight 52 kg by Christmas

FUNSHIPFREDDIE I live in Edinburgh – just on the coast of the Firth of Forth so Im blessed with a sea view, and can you believe I swim in the sea here – water temp just now is 6 degrees. The mood in Scotland is pretty subdued at present, we didn’t want to leave Europe.

Day 2 – Cumbria UK – MFD

Good morning everyone

Good walk yesterday morning followed by the Six Nations Rugby (on TV) Wales v Italy was just too one sided to be particularly enjoyable, even the crowd were quiet.
    Ireland v Scotland was a much better match, shame the Scots captain didn’t get the ball down for the try near the end, that would’ve been a brilliant last few minutes!
    France v England this afternoon, so out for a MOAM walk this morning as soon as the drizzle stops.

Looks like tomorrow might be a mega Monday pocket list!

Take care all.

Day 2, Emden Germany, CD?

@flourbaby and @bellyblast thanks! I’m in good company with @mia139 and @saffy420 also being back with us.

Yesterday and today I’m having problems with nausea, never had it while fasting. So today it’s ginger tea I’m going for, I’m sure it will help.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 2, Cork, Ireland, WFD

It’s a miserable wet day here but I am hoping it will clear at some stage so I can get out for a walk. I did very little cardio activity in Jan and my intention for February is to reach the 10k steps a day, it can only benefit my progress and being outside really helps clear the niggles and anxieties.

Very lazy day yesterday but I am feeling more energised today and need to channel this energy in a productive manner.

Like many here I find it much easier to not eat at all on my FD so I tend to stick to water and black coffee. This WOE is definitely saving me money on food 😀

@Snoflake56 hope your nausea passes soon. I only had it once while fasting so far but I think that was because I had taken a magnesium supplement on an empty stomach.
    @Mr_Shuggy welcome to the Feb challenge 🙂 This is my second one since I joined the forum at the end of last year. I have found it a great space to post for my own accountability and to learn from others. I found it useful to read through all the posts in the forum to get a sense of what people share so I could determine what I wanted to get from this challenge personally. Best of luck on your new way of life (WOL)!

Day 2 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Good to have so many new people join this month. I remember my first challenge back in July 2017 and saying I would give it go and see how I felt at the end of the month…… and here I am now in maintenance, the only WOE that has me at an all time low weight whilst enjoying food and wine.

@jaifaim don’t feel down about your little post night out gain. My weight fluctuates by 5lbs depending on whether I weigh in on a Friday or Monday morning 😉. I usually only record my weight on the last Friday of the month as that better reflects the general trend.

Have a good day everyone.

Day 2, London, UK, NFD,

@rafiki44, good to see you back, I thought we lost you in January’s challenge!!

Welcome @cavanya, having your husband on board will be like having your very own readymade pocket list! I aim to lock, bolt & barricade the kitchen door at 7pm, it doesn’t always remain locked (!) but I try!! Your sister’s story hurt my heart; I hope the babies are doing well.

@jaifaim, I’m still learning how this old body works. I can do a by the book week with 2 or 3 great FDs and lose nothing, Zero, ZILCH!!! Then do something as simple & innocuous as have a couple of glasses of vino, and …………………………….. BOOM!!!! …………….. +3lbs!!! …………Life is soooo unfair!!!

Way to go @mr-shuggy, great results. A as you now know ……………….The Plateau is real!!! I’m hoping to shake myself off of the current plateau before it becomes my new residence!!!

Go OMAD @daffodil2010, it’s my plan for today as I’m far too close to the kitchen to be controlled!!!

@jacquie-b, I had to go and put a cardigan on when I read about your 6 degree swimming!! Brrrgh!!

@dondons1oz, your plan sounds perfect! If you do this correctly, you’ll be surprised at just how easy & rewarding this WOL is!! You’ll soon be able to resist temptation, even when your OH indulges on the weekend, you may have the same goals, but you’re following different paths – a 5lb loss can make you VERY determined!!!

Ok, so we’re well on the way (day 2!) to a successful month, I’ve read posts whilst having a cup of coffee and I’m determined to complete February (Birthday weekend away or not!) being mindful and without fooling myself that a day’s poor eating/drinking can be reversed with a FD ……………………… it takes me a good week to do that!!! Mindful, mindful, MINDFUL!!

Day 2 NFD Ire 🇮🇪

Afternoon all, some great posts very motivational 🍀

Day 2 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had a good OMAD yesterday at about 900 calories. Keeping at maintenance – yeah me! Hopefully today can just be a normal eating day.

Today is “Groundhog Day” in the USA. The Bill Murray movie was filmed about an hour away from me, and we always talk about going over there for festivities, etc. The movie is rather a cult classic – worth watching again. Since DH is still recovering from sepsis, we’ll just stay home, watch Illinois vs. Iowa basketball then the Super Bowl.

Onward and downward.

Day 2 – UK – CD
    Day 1 – UK – NFD

Dear @ciren2 – Thank you so much for stepping up to host the February Challenge 🤗

Lovely to see some new faces on board so a big welcome to @alliswell @jacquie-b @cavanya @emerald32 @dondons1oz @mr-shuggy

Great to have all our regulars back but been missing some for a while now @bert1802 (since August) @dingping (since October) @debster251 (since July) and of course @coda – if you guys are lurking in the background please feel free to pop in to say hello and let us know how you are doing….

@betsylee @rabbette @yo-yo-fletch @lilymartin @karen250463 @caroline-esty-akporokah @binklebonk – will you all be joining us for February????

@mogaman – welcome back to the fold
    @mia139 – lovely to have you back after your month in Australia – as you said some fabulous food and wine to be enjoyed there!!! This February challenge will see you back on track 👍
    @metatauta – moving house can be such a stressful time – great to have you back with us and to see that you stayed on track in maintenance!!
    @snowflake56 – missed your company in January – good to see you here and you know what to do to make those 8kgs disappear……TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
    @saffy420 – welcome back 🤗 you were with us last in April 2018……you are correct in that the support and accountability of these challenges is so much needed in the weight loss phase as much as staying in maintenance

Well I had better share a bit about me for those new to these challenges
    I am a 61y.o. female, married, with a grown up and married daughter who has 3 fur babies 2 cats and an adorable beagle called Archie.
    Height = 163cm/5ft 4in and I started this WOL on my own in January 2016 – joined the challenges in November 2016 as I had plateaued for around 3 months and then reached maintenance in early December 2016 and have been in maintenance range of 54-56kg/119-123.5lbs and a BMI of just over 20 since then!
    I retired in December 2013 and moved to the Lake District and in my retirement discovered a love for exercise, currently doing yoga 🙏 which I discovered over 4 years ago and it has just been the best thing for me, both physically and mentally. I also do Broga, pilates, aerobics and hiking on the fells in my beloved Lake District ⛰ and in my spare time do some volunteering in my local community

Health improvement markers since starting this WOL:-
    1. Total weight loss = 22kg/3st 7lbs
    2. Full of energy!
    3. Mental health changes = sleeping well, waking up feeling good in myself and happy with my life☺
    4. My Asthma is controlled to the extent that I no longer use any inhalers either treatment or preventative!
    5. My blood cholesterol has improved so much that currently it is just above normal range

Best advice I can give to anyone new to this WOL/WOE is to:-
    *Stick to the basics for the first month or two and see how you get on, then if you want to you can start tweaking things around but the basic diet works and is sustainable as a permanent way of eating
    *A good trick is to calculate your TDEE for the weight you want to be and not the weight you are and you should therefore lose weight a bit quicker and get used to eating less calories when you reach maintenance!
    *Don’t overestimate your exercise level!!!
    *Don’t add the calories lost due to exercise into your daily calorie allowance as it is already taken into account when you work out your TDEE!
    *Increase your water intake to a minimum of 2L/day.
    *Regarding when to weigh I personally usually weigh after my 2nd FD, for consistency, as I assume that this will be my lowest weight and it is motivating!
    *Some people who have a lot to lose have tried the 800cal diet – Link :- https://thebloodsugardiet.com/
    then switched to 5:2, but the 5:2 way of eating does work!

The following link by @simcoeluv should prove helpful and answer a lot of your questions:– https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

To lose the weight and keep it off we cannot go back to doing what we did before when we gained the weight! “IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT LOSING THE WEIGHT; IT’S ABOUT LOSING THE LIFESTYLE AND MINDSET THAT GOT YOU THERE” Steve Maraboli

Day 2 UK CD/FD?

Just lost a post by hitting the wrong key 🙁 I’m pottering at home today, resting & prepping for the week ahead. Enjoyed making Jack Monroe’s Hot Nurse soup to spice up FDs this month and lively sauce for my OMAD supper.

Time for yoga & meditation and refocusing. Whatever the day brings, take it gently x

Day 2: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

What a terrible host I’ve been today….sorry for not posting until nearly mid-afternoon! DD Skyped us early this morning from Australia…..so that got in the way. Then the dog was waiting for her walk…then church….then the next dog walk, then lunch…now…”hello”.
    @missybear: Good to see you are still maintaining successfully….an inspiration for all of us. We always have a few maintainers on these challenges…..gives us all the motivation to get there ourselves.
    @at: another star-maintainer.
    @dondons1oz: Your stats and goal are almost identical to mine. I also want to be 52kg, and currently around 60kg.

2nd post

so many posts and I’m trying to catch up with last month’s posts. I totally forgot to welcome all the brave newbies, try to post every day and come here for support if you think you need it.

Feeling better and binge watched The Flying Doctors, I loved it in the eighties.

@flaquita thanks, the ginger seems to work. I’ll have to eat today, we’re having dance class this evening. It will be a light meal, asparagus, a small potato, a boiled egg and a bit of melted butter.

@songbirdme I’m sorry to hear about your husband’s sepsis, I hope he will be well soon. Thanks for reminding me it’s Groundhog Day today, we’re going to watch the movie when we come home tonight.

@at I missed being part of the challenge but I just need a break from fasting and the internet once in a while. I’m realy annoyed I’m not able to stay in maintenance on my own. I know how to do it but I let it slip if I’m not posting here.

Day 2 Canada NFD

Have a pot of soup simmering away for my 16:8 lunch, a warming bowl loaded with veggies is my secret weapon 💪

@michelinme thanks for introducing me to Jack Monroe. Her recipes are great 😊
    @at such great advice. A perfect reminder for newbies and seasoned faster s 👍

Have a great day everyone 🤞

Day 2, Cheshire UK, NFD

it’s amazing to see so many familiar names here on the forum, thanks for the welcome back. Yesterday I went just over my TDEE but not by much. Although today is Sunday roast I’ve counted up the calories and I’ll be under so it should balance out. FD for me tomorrow. I’m aiming to lose about 3 stones if I can. My hubby is 60 in June and we’ve got a few things planned to celebrate, including a week in Brussels (if we’re still welcome!) and a cruise in October so I need to focus on losing some of this ballast in order to, fit into my cruise clothes!

I’ll be checking in daily from now on, the support from this group is amazing.

Day 2 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Hi all
    Normal Sunday for me, dog walking and housework. DH outplaying tennis and DS at the gym. Although it’s a NFD today I still like to be in control. So I keep as busy as possible, hence the housework. @bellyblast, our weight and ages are very similar. I’m 58, be 59 in the summer and weight has finally got back below 60kg. I too am aiming for 58kg, initially at least. When I get there I’ll see how I feel.
    @flaquita, thanks for the link to the fat fast. Interesting reading.
    @michelineme, I’ve decided to up my water intake for this month to 3L. Just to see if it makes any difference on NFDs. My DH thinks I’m mad, but then he struggles to drink around 1.5L.
    I’ve also adopted your motivation tag
    ‘Start where we are, use what we have, do what we can…’
    I have it at the top of my diary and weight loss records to remind me 

Did you notice the date today….02.02.2020 that doesn’t happen again until 03.03.3030! Read it both ways, it’s a mirror image! Apparently is called a Palindrome Date. So, once in a lifetime and more! Last time the Vikings were still around in Britain, I think.
    @suki2: My DH also struggles to drink, especially water. I’d have no trouble drinking three litres, if I put my mind to it. I love water, and I get thirsty.
    @at: “hiking in the fells”…..sounds a wonderful life you have up there. I too love the Lake District….though I’ve only ever been there twice in my life…..age 10 and age 15….camping both times with my family. Hill-climbing is great exercise!

Day 2,va,USA, NFD

Hi – I’ll write a bit more later. Just wanted to check in and say hi. January was a tough month. I did manage to maintain With about 2-3 FDs a week.

Feeling like this week is the week for me to start my 4FDs B2B again to help unload these last few lbs. The first -50lbs seems like it was much easier than now. The home stretch is in view but so close to tripping up my steps.

Cheers to my fellow Fasters!

Day 2, Maryland, US, NFD
    It was inspiring to see your post @missybear, I think I have ~30lbs to lose and determined to get this off.

The holidays weren’t too crazy, I was able to actually lose a little, not fasting just working out super hard at Solidcore, now I’m increasing my running so hopefully all this with 5:2 I’ll be able to reach my goals. 🙌🏻

@flourbaby thank you so much, I hope so! He seems pretty on board doing this with me. I just had my 41st Birthday on Friday and had a cupcake ha, and enjoyed myself but ready to start my fast day Tues! His 50th is this year in June, really important we are here on this earth and healthy. Want to live a long life and have so much more to see and do. And be a force of strength for my son. On the health train this year for sure!

@jaifaim, love “we rise by lifting others”. And love Ireland, one of my favorite places to go and always feels like home.

Enjoy the rest of your S🌞nday all!

Day 2 UK NFD

Whoops forgot to post today Off away tomorrow Won’t be fasting so I’ll take a break for a few days but when I return I’m attacking February with a vengeance

USA Day 2 NFD

Today I ate to my TDEE. Tomorrow I jump into my February challenge of a dry February and many FDs. This month I end the roller coaster. Tomorrow will be a WFD, which I just began! All in for February!!

@ciren2 good to know we’re similar start and end goals! Helps somehow.

Day 3 in Oz. Monday. FD.

Feeling hungry already at 11am but determined. This is my first week and I did two days together Thursday and Friday so i can definitely do 1 today.

This forum is great for motivation and tips.

Do people find it helps to moss breakfast on NFD? I wonder if ive found it so hard today as my body was expecting breakfast because of Saturday and Sunday and whether 16:8 on my NFD would help?

Day 3 country West Australia FD
    @at – DEFINITELY in for the rest of the next month – and probably next 30 years!!!!!!!!
    Tried a FD yesterday but turned into a very mindful CD.
    Not too far over FD but I am determined to be quite strict with my FDs this month.
    ‘Near enough’ has been a bit disastrous for me.😲
    Took 2 hours to clean the car more thoroughly than I have cleaned it in months. Sweat poured off me and the scales are down 1 kg this morning ( probs the usual water weight but I’m happy…)😬
    Welcome to all the newbies.
    I am a 60 year old health professional who should know better!! 😥
    Started these challenges in November 2016.
    Lost weight then took up residence on the dreaded plateau.
    Lived on the plateau for so long I called in the decorators.
    I lost motivation, ate woefully, exercised a lot by – making excuses; digging myself in a hole; running away from the bleeding obvious; over using my biceps taking food and drink to my mouth; chasing things to blame….. you get the drift.🙁
    Long story short – put on many many extra kilos and now have to lose more weight than when I started!!
    When I was doing 5:2 conscientiously it worked well.👍
    So now back to posting for accountability. Reading others’ successes and struggles and ideas is very helpful. And there is no judgment on this forum just support.
    I weigh daily ( and yes that did include watching the numbers climb in to the stratosphere!)😲😲😲 and record weekly on a Saturday morning.
    Have started doing some PHYSICAL exercise again which is helping.
    I did the plank yesterday for almost a minute. Wondered why my stomach was SO sore last night in b ed. About 2am it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn’t been doing the plank for some days.
    A health professional – and from the soreness I think I have muscles where there ought not be any!!!!!!
    @flourbaby, with you on the MINDFUL on NFDs.😅
    @ciren2, life happens. Just very grateful that you kindly decided to take the helm for February – thank you.👏
    @cavanya – so sorry to hear about your sister and her 2 little ones.I hope you all get through it day at a time.😔
    @saffy420 – good to see you back.
    @songbirdme, MissyBear et al – love seeing the ‘ oldies’ here !😀
    Have a good mindful day all.

Day 3 – Japan – WFD #9

Day 3, FD, Aus

Lost post. Arrgh!

Please count me in! I am new to this and Monday will be my first fd i have ever done. I am excited and scared at the same time! I am ready to get my eating habits under control and live a healthy life.

Day 3: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

@meryd: A special welcome to you on your first fast day EVER! Day 3. You can do it….stay strong.

Day 3 Pocket List (add yourself if you’re fasting today)

@dondons1oz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @penz
    @meryd

GO for it xx

Day 3, Emden Germany, FD

@dondons1oz I don’t have breakfast on my FDs, if I start to eat early I tend to eat more. I try to start after 12am and have my last meal before 6pm. On my NFDs I take my breakfast as late as possible.

@meryd Welcome! Just try it, for me it’s important to have a plan. If I don’t have my meals planned out, it goes wrong.

@dondons1oz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @penz
    @meryd
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Fast Day for me today.
    I have the same meals on every FD so no planning needed, and its nice and simple.
    A small bowl of porridge made with water at 11am, and a small salad with a tin of sardines at 4.45pm. I reckon its around 400 – 450 calories.

Day 3 Melb Aust FD800

Just checking in to say, yes, I’m “in” for February. Haven’t done well for the past 3-4 months, no excuses. Resetting this month. Tried last month, didn’t go particularly well, though it wasn’t a complete disaster. About me: 70-yr-old female, retired ESL teacher and med.lab scientist (2 separate careers, each spanning more than 20 years – good fun!), single, household ruled by Wilbur a ginger tabby who thinks he’s still a tom 🙂

I’m hoping to check in more frequently this month, for more accountability, and will be enjoying reading all your stories.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Morning all. Only three days to work then off to the Canary Islands for a week of sunshine, rest, laughs, and food and wine!!!

Today is an FD, going to do B2B and 16:8 on Wednesday, and will try to not have breakfast on holiday (but that might be difficult as my friends are sociable breakfast eaters 😄)

I didn’t eat yesterday until late afternoon, but then I enjoyed some wine as I sat on my patio reading the papers in the sun and relishing having the house to myself. Feel great today. Well rested and lots to look forward to. Hopefully my grumpiness of the past couple of weeks was just hormones and my usual motivated self is making her comeback???

Great to see so many newbies and oldies returning…..I can’t believe I have been posting daily since July 2017, but I intend to keep it up!!

@ciren2, that is so cool about the Palindrome date!! I was writing out a To-Do list yesterday and wrote the date on the top and did notice all the 02’s…..but it’s an actual thing that was last seen when the Vikings were around……my nerd self loves these facts!!

@snowflake56 all is well with the worlds once I see you posting before me e dry day. Good to see you back.

Now @jaifaim, @funshipfreddie and often @i-hate-lettuce often post over each other at the same time which is why I won’t copy and paste the Pocket List (or lust if you want 😂) But I am ON it today!!

Have a great Monday!!!!

2nd post…..sure might as well….

@dondons1oz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @penz
    @meryd
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010

Im absolutely rubbish with technology – I am in the process of downloading google drive onto my Mac so I can use the wonderful spreadsheet. I would also like to add my name to Day 3 Pocket List – but sadly its beyond me – so if Im quiet its because Im pretty rubbish with technology, hopefully Im better at 5:2, good luck everyone.

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@meryd – welcome, and I hope your first FD goes well. You’re on the pocket list! I promise you it gets easier.

@jacquib – I’m also across from the sea, the Indian ocean; current temperature 25°. Yes, ‘Brexit’ was, well, hard to sum up in a word or two. I followed it in the news for 3 looong years. It was very divisive. I was surprised at the referendum result. But, politics…

@dondons1oz – I have my first meal on NFDs between 11am or 12 noon; as I try to stick to TRE. So I still have ‘breakfast’, just late! I think many 5:2ers do something similar. I’m fortunate in that I never feel hungry in the mornings anyway, even after a FD. 16:8, 15:9 would definitely be beneficial. On FDs I only eat from 6pm.

Pocket List – Day 3 🍏
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @meryd
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @mr-shuggy
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jacquib

Good luck @meryd! I’m on my 3rd fast and it has already got a bit eaiser I think. The morning was hard but it did pass

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 734 total)

You must be logged in to reply.