February Challenge

This topic contains 733 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  JudyJudes 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 734 total)

• Day 3 – Cumbria UK – FD

Wow, we’re very popular! Oldies returning, newbies arriving, numbers look to be rising (or I’m getting slower reading the posts that are on since yesterday morning)
    I really think that the Monthly Challenge kickstarts interest every month and helps with motivation, well it does for me anyway.

So, today FD after the weekend off, managed to keep the warthog in his cage, super quick MOAM walk yesterday morning and one small beer while watching the France v England rugby. Well done France, very much improved side, their discipline was really improved, gave away hardly any penalties, deserved the win!

Take care all

Megga Monday Pocket List – Day 3

@Ihatelettuce
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @meryd
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @mr-shuggy
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jacquib
    @dondons1oz

Day 3 – NFD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅🤸‍♂️
    Good morning everyone.
    Well weekend has been very busy but back for Week 1 of February and hoping for a good one 💪. Back on the dry 🚫, reducing sugar intake ✅ and hoping to continue the plank challenge 🤸‍♂️.
    Thanks @missybear! It just demonstrates how much of an effect alcohol and the inevitable snack attacks have on our weight gain… and really helps me focus on deciding whether or not I really want to have alcohol on a night out… no wonder I come back in from Christmas nearly a stone up 😂 @flourbaby life really is just too unfair 😂😢😂
    Welcome to all the newcomers!!! You have made your best choice of the month so far!!
    I haven’t had a chance to read all the posts as helping out with family both young and old this weekend but sending you all strength for the week ahead
    Popping myself in the pocket list today… @daffodil2010 I’ve noticed that we all post around the same time and the site doesnt update quick enough for us 😜😂 but i tend to go back and check it a few minutes after I post so don’t worry I will scoop people up into the list when I’m in a FD 👍👍

Pocket List – Day 3
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @meryd
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @mr-shuggy
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jacquib
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 3 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Lots of company for today’s FD 🙂

Pocket List – Day 3
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @meryd
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @mr-shuggy
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jacquib
    @dondons1oz
    @jaifaim
    @ihatelettuce
    @missybear

Together we are stronger!

Day 3 Cheshire UK, FD.

Had a relaxing weekend. I’m trying to walk at least 3 miles per day, Sat and Sun I managed 6 in total so kept to schedule. My plan is to build up to 5 miles a day over the next month or so to get my 10 000 steps in. Now I’m no longer working I have no excuses.

So back to basics – lunch will be an apple, then tea will be some light halloumi and a salad with a sugar free jelly for dessert. Should end the day around 500 calories. I’m struggling with drinking enough water, I now have a glass by the sink which I fill and drink when I’m in the kitchen. Hopefully it’s enough.

Happy Monday, everyone.

Day 3, London, UK, FD,

Yes, it is a Monday & I am doing a FD despite being at home!! I really think I need to bank some successful 500cal FDs just to reinforce the mojo and today’s as good a day as any. I can’t keep using the ‘I can’t fast at home’ excuse.

This week will be a 4:3 week since I’m out for dinner, probably Indian, on Thursday …………………. You couldn’t possibly call an Indian meal controlled!! The irresistible paratha is probably 300cals on it’s own!!

@jaifaim, I would love to have another dry month, but I’ve a few engagements planned as well as a B’day weekend away in Spain, so ……………. Not a hope of a dry February!!!

I’m gonna need my fellow pocketeers today!!!

Pocket List – Day 3
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @meryd
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @mr-shuggy
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jacquie-b
    @dondons1oz
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby

Happy Fasting Folks!!!

Day 2. UK NFD
    Day 3 UK FD

Sorry didn’t post yesterday as out in Edinburgh with my sons for dinner! Managed to stay very controlled with both food and wine. ( only had 1, wine that is! ) . Fasting today and will stick to vegetable soup for lunch and more veg with spices at dinner.
    Good to see so many in February’s challenge and good luck to all today.

Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Yesterday was slightly derailed because DH wanted to go to the pub before dinner. It’s not something we do that often. Thank goodness it was a NFD. However, only a small gain over the weekend.
    Today’s a proper FD. I’m keeping busy and have it all planned.
    My usual Monday morning yoga was replaced by a dog walk, which was lovely. I’m now waiting until midday to have my mini meal as I won’t be able to eat until about 8pm. I have an aerial yoga class tonight. So with French conversation this afternoon and another dog walk I should be able to stay strong.
    Pocket List – Day 3
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @meryd
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @mr-shuggy
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jacquie-b
    @dondons1oz
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @suki2
    The only way is down.

Day 3- Atlanta, Ga.- USA- FD

Day 3 UK FD

Popping in on short break but not getting distracted. Head in the zone after good gentle yoga & meditation today…

Yesterday became OMAD CD with spicy sauce for quorn & cauliflower followed by apple, vegan yogurt & cacao….followed by two small handfuls of cashews and raisins and two clementines. On the bright side, they were definitely small handfuls and I did stop!

One more thing to do then I’m focussing on prepping for tomorrow’s study day. Worth putting in the extra project time yesterday so I can gently focus on being ready – but still need to actually do it! Plus hair colourand v early night.. aiming for OMAD around 5.30pm and sleep by 9pm. Here goes…

@bellyblast i love Jack Monroe for straightforward & tasty & mostly healthy food 🙂
    @suki2 good luck with the increased water intake. You can also try hot drinks like peppermint tea or miso if cold is the problem rather than thirst. Always good to share motivation – and a little self-compassion goes a long way 🙂
    @snowflake lovely to see you back again 🙂

Pocket List – Day 3
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @meryd
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @mr-shuggy
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jacquie-b
    @dondons1oz
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @suki2
    @mia139
    @therealwil78
    @michelinme

Day 3 – NFD – Donegal Ireland

@ciren2 – you mentioned Dr Fung book The Obesity Code and the blog thefastingmethod.com was also mentioned by ? @michelinme in January thread & both are very motivational. Blog on controlling hunger was a real eye opener so thanks to you both.

@meryd – best of luck today, as a newbie at fasting too, the first one is fairly tough, well it was for me, but by my third fast I was finding it much easier and portion sizes on non fast days are getting smaller, so it does get easier.

Good luck to all on the pocket list today

Day 3 – So far my first FD is going well, but I think I might be having quite an early night 🙂

Day 3 Canton OH LFD1

I did not post on Day 1 and 2, I am better at posting on the weekdays from my desk.

So I am committed to my first prolonged period of liquid fasting for the year. I am going for 5 days B2B. I hope to make this a lifestyle change- doing this 3X a year. Beginning, mid-year and towards the end of the year- preferably between thanksgiving and Christmas.

I still have not weighed in, last time I checked I was 10 pounds away from overall goal. My goal for February is to keep chipping away at that overall goal and to end February at a lower weight than when I started. Continue to strength train 3-4 times a week to build muscle, combined with 15,000 steps a day, and swim 2-3 days a week

My story: I turned 45 this year, and I have been fasting for about 3 years now. The first year, I lost all 28 extra pounds that I was carrying in 3.5 months with the help of the challenges; then I gradually gained 15 back because I stopped paying attention. Skipping the challenges is a good way to stop paying attention.

@flourbaby I finally drank my bottle of birthday wine that I had been saving. It tasted very, very good, but I ended up with a headache and sleepless night – Oy!

Nice pocket list already, I will add myself
    Pocket List – Day 3
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @meryd
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @mr-shuggy
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jacquie-b
    @dondons1oz
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @suki2
    @mia139
    @therealwil78
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

Day 4ish ( 11.40 pm day 3) country west Australia CD
    Up late watching a documentary on the funeral of Princess Diana – quite moving. Felt so sorry for William and Harry.
    Had a very good under 500calorie FD today – first ‘ proper’ one in some time and it feels good.
    Off to the Doc for annual blood tests tomorrow so will be interesting to see the results.
    Not really looking forward to it given my wayward eating habits of the past while but we’ll see….

Yes, for newbies….fasting DOES get easier!
    In my case I just have to START..ha..ha! In 2016 I was totally successful and reached maintenance, so, yes, it gets easier. Maintenance is hard though, so hats off to our maintainers! Oh to get there again…
    Great pocket list…..good luck all of you xx

Pocket List – Day 3
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @meryd
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @mr-shuggy
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jacquie-b
    @dondons1oz
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @suki2
    @mia139
    @therealwil78
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

Day 3 WFD

Had no cable all day, so finally I was able to access the internet. I had a longer email to write but the list alone is quite long, so I will save it for another day.

Very successful 24 hour water fast today! Congrats to all who joined the pocket list today. We have quite a crew. Good luck everyone!
    Pocket List – Day 3
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @meryd
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @mr-shuggy
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @jacquie-b
    @dondons1oz
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @suki2
    @mia139
    @therealwil78
    @michelinme
    @basyjames
    @ccco

Day 3 – UK – FD

After a very lazy weekend involving no exercise, I was really pleased to manage a CD yesterday which set me up for my usual Monday FD with plenty of exercise! I started with a 7am Broga Class (45mins) 3.15pm Pilates Class (1hr) and finishing off with my 6pm Yoga Class (90mins) – makes Monday go really fast and the fasting really easy as it takes my mind off food.

So far today I had a semi skimmed flat white after Broga and drank 1600mls of water……off to yoga soon so will probably drink another 500mls during the class and will see whether I feel like eating on my return home at 8pm……..

@ciren2 – yes a once in a lifetime for a Palindrome date – 02.02.2020 and I do consider myself so lucky to have retired up here in the Lakes – such beautiful scenery and plenty of good walks of varying difficulties from my front door so I have no excuse…..
    @dondons1oz – I stopped having breakfast since starting this WOL and eat a late brunch and an evening meal on my NFD and on FD only eat something in the evening – amazing how your body just gets used to it
    @brightonbelle – enjoy your break in Porto and join us on your return for some solid 5:2 days 😉
    @lilymartin and @betsylee – great to see your posts
    @meryd – welcome on board – I have added you to the spreadsheet if you want to use it and great to have you on board for this Monday FD – your first!!!

Monday MEGA Pocket List – Day 3
    @dondons1oz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @penz
    @meryd
    @mr-shuggy
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @jacquie-b
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @suki2
    @therealwil78
    @michelinme
    @basyjames LFD1
    @ccco WFD
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

USA Day 3 WFD

Yay! My WFD is a complete success! Another one is planned for Thursday! This is the month I will finally reach maintenance! I am full out headed in direction with not much more weight to lose. Hope everyone is having a great FD! Today I am saying I am opening my kitchen 🙂 instead of closing it and boy am I hungry!! LOL

Day 3 edit – FD,
    its turned into a fast day so I will add myself to the pocket list

Pocket List – Day 3
    @dondons1oz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @penz
    @meryd
    @mr-shuggy
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @jacquie-b
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @suki2
    @therealwil78
    @michelinme
    @basyjames LFD1
    @ccco WFD
    @at
    @emerald32

I think I must be the only one NOT fasting today….me hosting too! The shame!!
    In fact, being home all day has led me to an EFS day. I must do better tomorrow, because on Wednesday we’re meeting up with old Royal Mail work colleagues (all retired, except me) at a restaurant in Berkshire, near where we lived and worked at the time, over ten years ago. We try to meet up at least once a year.
    Wouldn’t it be fantastic if I could fast tomorrow?…it would be the first for….many….months…

Day 3, VA,USA, FD

Wow look at that pocket list!

Made sure to drink plenty of water in between the cocktails I had this weekend and had a loss on the scales. I also did not snack (super hard not to snack while having cocktails, but I did find the glass of water between drinks curbed the appetite for wanting the snacks so for most of the evening I forgot about them)

Pocket List – Day 3
    @dondons1oz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @penz
    @meryd
    @mr-shuggy
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @jacquie-b
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @suki2
    @therealwil78
    @michelinme
    @basyjames LFD1
    @ccco WFD
    @at
    @emerald32
    @rabbette

Day 3 , UK, FD (CD?)

I have been fasting quite easily today as I was busy and driving around, but a friend is coming over in a minute, who I haven’t seen for a long time, so uh uh … lets see if I manage to stay strong. If not its not a biggie, I’ll do one tomorrow. That’s the beauty of this WOL right? 😉

@cavanya so sorry to hear about your terrible loss 💔 Its good to have you here, where we all support each other in more than one way.

@Mr_Shuggy welcome, of course you can join, its never too late 😃

@dondons1oz, @meryd and all other newbies (if I missed someone) welcome too, its good to have you here guys! 😃 @meryd and @Jacquie_B let us know how your first ever FD went 🍀

Its so good to see such a long pocket list, really helps 😃

Pocket List – Day 3
    @dondons1oz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @penz
    @meryd
    @mr-shuggy
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @jacquie-b
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @suki2
    @therealwil78
    @michelinme
    @basyjames LFD1
    @ccco WFD
    @at
    @emerald32
    @rabbette
    @shinything

Lets stay strong together 💪

Day 4 NFD Australia

Trying to stick to 1250 calories today as added up what I have had over week and that whats I’ve left to stick to my weekly goal. Inbetween fast days feels low to me but I’m also feeling determined.

Working from home today. Does anyone else find that super hard for not snacking?

Day 3 USA (Illinois) NFD

Went over TDEE yesterday (almost never do that) but enjoyed Super Bowl treats and wine. It was a good weekend.

Did Silver Sneakers this morning and will direct Choral Society tonight.

Welcome, newbies! This is one wonderful place to find support, help, encouragement, and overall camaraderie for our WOL.

Onward and downward.

Thanks for asking – my FD has gone better than I expected managed to survive until 2pm on 2 mugs of coffee. Had a light snack of Sliced Boiled Egg and Tomatoes, Salmon and Savoy Cabbage this evening. I have drank plenty of water and feel OK, although I haven’t managed 10,000 steps – blaming the wind and rain. Hope the rest of the newbies are feeling chipper.

USA Day 3 WFD

Wow! I think that today’s pocket list is the longest one I’ve ever seen! Congratulations to everyone! I’ve had my reseed meal but I think that meal is a work in progress! Too much food all but still under my BMR. Have a great evening/night!

Day 4 – Japan – NFD

I ended my water fast at 36 hours, maybe 35.5 hours … didn’t push it this time. I’ taking a few days off from working out because I have a hip injury that seems to be getting worse. I’ll give it a chance to heal a bit. Running, walking, stairs all use the hip a lot.

There is a lot of fasting going on! I agree @ccco.

I’ve been listening to some low carb talks. Frankly I don’t think most people pushing low carbs really know what they are talking about. Vegans as a rule enjoy very good health with better long term outcomes if they pay close attention to supplementing things like B12. (Vegans do tend to have some silly nutritional health issues too.) If you truly eat low carb there will be nutritional short falls. How many people on low carb diets do you see eating hundreds of grams of dark greens a day? However I’ve seen a lot of people pushing low carb eating a plate full of bacon. That is just so messed up, it is like a vegan just eating a big bowl of potato chips. The primary problem is the cheap processed food, not how many carbs are eaten. Another big lie is grass fed beef. Ranchers don’t feed cattle grains their whole lives, cattle graze and eat whatever they like that they can get too most of their lives. When grain is used it is typically only for a short period to add fat. (Fat, the stuff low carb diets are supposed to have a lot of.) Now there is grass fed diary products. (What?) People need to go work on a dairy farm for a week or two to learn something before pushing that marketing nonsense. Then there is organic labels that can mean so many different things. At least it typically avoids a lot of spraying, but probably has to use a lot more water. When it comes to food, it is basically a maze of lies and everyone of us is probably caught by some lies at least. I don’t know about Australia, or Europe but the USA is a maze of lies when it comes to food.

Day 3 NFD, Maryland US,

Recently, ~5mos ago was *voluntold* to take on a new role at work, it’s been a lot and today wasn’t any different. Promotion and all but the $+title hasn’t yet come, any day now they tell me. I got a text from friends asking if I could meet tomorrow to celebrate my bday (1/31) and seems my FD is shifted to start Weds now. It’s my bday, I’ll give it a pass but really want to get this started.

@shinything thank you. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Day 4, NFD, Aus

Good FD yesterday (got that PFDS feeling happenin’). How did the rest of the pocket list go?

Happy somewhat belated birthday @cavanya. That’s the great thing about 5:2; it can adapt to unexpected treats like catching up with friends.

The weather has dramatically cool here which is most welcome. I even managed to take the dogs out last night for a walk as it had dipped below 30 degrees!

Day 3 Oregon NFD
    Day 2 FD
    After b2b FD 800s I went for a run this morning and really struggled, but I realized I was a bit low on hydration and also close to 17 hours fasted as I did 18/6 today, at least I hope that’s what was going on.
    Great to see all the new and returning fasters and all the encouraging words!
    @at thanks for sharing the advice and inspiration, and @ciren2 thank you for adding me to the spreadsheet as well as hosting!

Day 3 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 2 — NFD

The fasting has gone well today, again on a super busy Monday. Even though it’s late, I’ll add myself to the pocket list:

Pocket List – Day 3
    @dondons1oz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @penz
    @meryd
    @mr-shuggy
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @jacquie-b
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @mia139
    @suki2
    @therealwil78
    @michelinme
    @basyjames LFD1
    @ccco WFD
    @at
    @emerald32
    @rabbette
    @shinything
    @bellyblast
    @matpi

@jacquie B I also have been missing my 10K steps the last few days. The treatment last week for tendinitis/heel spurs didn’t go all that well and it’s been painful to walk. With any luck a couple of days more rest will resolve things.

Day 4( proper) country West Australia CD
    Had a really good FD yesterday and the scales and I are happy!
    Fasting blood tests have been done.
    Broke the fast with scrambled eggs and tomato on wholemeal toast with a half strength coffee.
    After a decent fast I find my appetite resets – as it has today – and I feel really full so may opt for no lunch and then going out to dinner with friends. Unfortunately the restaurant we are going to doesn’t have a lot on the menu for anyone trying to watch their eating but I will try.
    I hope others’ FD went well.
    @cavanya, belated happy birthday. It’s good to celebrate he meaningful occasions and manage FDs as they fit in. As @penz said, 5:2 is very flexible.
    @matpi , sorry to hear about your heel. Foot/feet problems can be a long term rehab.
    I have just ordered a plastic rocker device for stretching the plantar fascia on the bottom of the foot as I have a few people with plantar fasciitis which is excruciating for them for the first few minutes after putting their feet to the floor first thing in the mornings.
    @at thinking of the quote of yours – very motivating ATM.

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

A whopper of a pocket list yesterday?! Well done to us! 👏 I hope everyone else had an easy one.

Looking forward to my favourite brunch later – poached eggs & avo on toast.

Another scorcher here today; 30°C already at 9am! It’s our last summer month, and I’m actually looking forward to some cooler days.

I read this somewhere the other day, & for some reason it resonated with me:-

‘Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do; not a punishment for what you ate’.

Day 4, Emden Germany, CD

That was an impressive pocket list yesterday! I hope everyone did well.

@daffodil2010 thanks, that a reason to post early.

@michelinme it’s good to be back again. On Friday I’ll have to bake your delicious bread again, my SIL loves it as much as we do.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 4 UK FD

Yesterday’s FD went well. Stuck to home made veg soup for lunch and dinner. Going for B2B FD today as feel very motivated. Truth be told I just want to get rid of this weight and once again see target. I couldn’t wear any of my “thin clothes” on holiday and felt really heavy. So feeling strong just now and hoping to capitalise on that!
    Good luck to everyone today.

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd B2B

Good FD yesterday, down 2lbs, trying another one today but upping the protein with eggs and salmon and spinach as I was craving protein. It does seem to help with weight loss when I focus on eggs or oily fish 🤔🤔

For all the newbies, the first time fasting always seems like a test of your endurance as most of us have been brought up to believe that breakfast is the most important meal, and to eat little but often, ans snacks are a way of life. I was astounded the first time I fasted that I did not DIE of starvation by 6pm 😆

Well done for joining this WOL and hang in there….fasting gets easier, so much easier.

@Mia39 I am off on holiday on Thursday and most of my clothes from just last September are too snug. Boo. But will keep on keepin on and definitely hit the ground running when I return 13th Feb.

Pocket list day 4
    @Mia39
    @daffodil2010

Survived FD woke up during the night feeling thirsty, so will definitely increase hydration, my goal today is try and maintain TDEE, which I read about last night. Have a good day folks.

Day 4 – Cumbria UK – FD

Good morning everyone

What a pocket list yesterday, hope everyone had an easy one, made mine easier, after my 30 min MOAM morning walk, followed it with (boring) pressure washing part of the drive, next thing I knew it was mid afternoon!

@JacquieB – I fell foul of the lack of hydration a few weeks ago, felt almost ‘drunk’ out on a morning walk! Thought about it and have changed my regime. Now use a refillable 500 ml water bottle, 2 x in the am and 2 x in the PM, that way I know I’ve had at least 2 ltr in the day.

@funshipfreddie – ‘Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do; not a punishment for what you ate’,I like that one a lot, as you know, I enjoy my MOAM walks (and the longer walks) especially as the more of them I do and the less weight I’m hauling round, the easier and more enjoyable they have become.

Pocket list day 4
    @Mia39
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 4- CD – Ireland
    🚫 ✅🤸‍♂️
    Good morning everyone.
    I had a good FD yesterday as I was super busy – a good complaint… it was great to have such good company for the FD too! What a long list of pocketeers!
    Welcome back @snowflake56 – it’s great to “see” you!
    @flourbaby birthday month is never a good month to go on the dry 😂 🎈 enjoy every minute of the fun times! I have at least two nights that might derail me later in Feb but I’ll see how I’m going nearer the time… I’m entering a year of many friends celebrating significant birthdays so it could be a very tricky year to go off the beer (wine, gin, etc)🍻 but we’ll see….
    @ccco well done & good luck to you for dry February 💪 are there any others tempted to have a Febudry?? 😊
    Happy belated birthday @cavanya 🎈 time enough to get started after the celebration! You have to enjoy the special times with friends – that’s what makes this WOL so doable…👍
    Hope all the other newcomers are settling in!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 4 post 2

@funshipfreddie – just noticed two additions to the acronyms/abbreviations list on page 1 …. 😉 🙂

M/WOAM: Man/Woman on a Mission (courtesy of @i-hate-lettuce)
    PFDS: post FD smugness (courtesy of @penz)

Sunny morning up here in the Lake District, finish coffee and time for a walk !

Day 4, London, UK, FD

So yesterdays unplanned FD went well, although it was more like 7 or 800kcals, even with help of the epic pocket list ………………… I really must get rid of those cashews!!

Anywho, back to work and back to a proper FD!! It’ll be <500kcal OMAD as I only have a sachet of miso soup to banish any lunchtime dragons, they really are 20kcal lifesavers!! Then a prawn salad for dinner, I must be careful with the avocado!!

@basyjames, sometimes the anticipation of a special birthday drink is enough!! I won’t put that to the test as I WILL be drinking on my birthday weekend then return to have a family celebration, no doubt sharing a sweet sherry or Baileys or Amaretto with my mum!!! The worst thing about the ‘demon drink’ is that, although we might suffer that night or even the next day …………………. We return to that bottle, time & time again!!! @jaifaim, I’ve planned 6 alcohol days this month, it’s probably too much but it IS my birthday month & Dry January is behind me (Phew!!)!!! Did I already mention it’s my BIRTHDAY soon???!!

@dondons1oz, I really struggle to stay controlled at home, at work, no problem!! The only way for me to succeed at home is to get rid of every snack, biscuit, choccy bar, cracker, booze or crisps within sight, I’ve taken to storing things in the garage or in the boot of the car …………………… this may not be a great idea, since they’ll have to be eaten at some point ……………………. Perhaps it’s best NOT to buy them in the first place!!!!………………… Doh!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday @cavanya!!! It’s my b’day too soon, did I mention ………!??

There’s a beautiful blue sky outside my office window this morning, but it IS bloomin’ freezing!!! I may try to get a lunchtime walk in, I need a mood boost!

Day 4 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Good FD yesterday and what an amazing pocket list.

@cavanya happy belated birthday 🎂 seems February is a popular birthday month here. One of the things I love about 5:2 is that it allows the flexibility to enjoy special occasions. Er yes @flourbaby I think you might have mentioned its your birthday soon…..sharing your excited anticipation as its mine tomorrow 🥂.

I’m a little hungry this morning but will wait a couple more hours before I have brunch. I like to have a minimum overnight fast of 14 hours every day, it seems to suit my digestive system and brunch always tastes great with a little hunger. Then I’m going to go for a browse around some antique shops. Its a lovely sunny day so I will enjoy doing a WOAM walk too.

Yesterday I listened to someone who had done dry January talking about the benefits, very interesting, made me think about making March a dry month 🤔.

Wishing success to today’s fasters. Have a lovely day everyone.

Day 4: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Well done to all you successful fasters yesterday, and for those like me, well there’s always another day. That’s the beauty of this way of life, eh?

Lovely bright morning here, I’ve just come back from my first dog-walk. This one is about 4,800 steps…..so at least I’m walking if not fasting.
    I have a physio appointment soon….all to do with my old hamstring injury sustained at work over a year ago…..yes, it’s taken this long for the physio to be arranged! I have a two-thirds detachment from the pelvic bone. It will never go back as it retracted away under tension and the space has infilled with FATTY tissue(!) Normal healing apparently under the circumstances….but the weakness will obviously be there. Having had spinal fusion in 2011 made this injury more possible as all the energy generated by the trip and lunge went into my upper hamstring!

Day 4 Melb Aust CD

Good CD today after a FD800 yesterday, and planning another FD tomorrow. Happy with the reset.

@i hate lettuce, agree with you re @FUNSHIP FREDDIE’S quote; exercise should be enjoyable or it’s just torture to do, so we all need some form of exercise we like to do, and go for it! That is NOT exercising the arm with a few bottles of your favourite tipple! 🙂

@lilymartin, I had a plantar fasciitis a few years ago, and what the physio recommended (and it worked) was to freeze a good-sized lemon, and roll that under the injured foot for a while each day. Seemed to work for me. Another alternative is to find a fat plastic vitamin container, fill it with water and freeze it. That will also roll easily under the foot. Good luck with it, whatever you choose. Plantar fasciitis fortunately is usually self-limiting, and the pain eventually goes away – can take 6 months – 1 year.

Onwards and downwards everyone.

Day 4- Atlanta, Ga- USA- B2B FD

My Monday was off to a good start for the week. Stuck to my guns although I didi go over a bit. Not discouraged though. Today will be better.

Pocket list day 4

Good rehearsal last evening with new concert group and songs. MUST do a FD today to get rid of this recent gain. Off shortly to post-hospital doctor visit for DH.

@mia139
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 4 – UK – NFD

Was a Mega FD pocket list yesterday 🤞 we all made it…..

Just back home from a lovely walk – blue skies and sunshine 😎 seems like a long time ago that we had such a beautiful day ………..

Good FD yesterday under 400cals and aiming for a CD today but not sure as out this evening for an early meal with 3 girlfriends and then on to see Kinky Boots The Musical which was filmed at the Adelphi Theatre in London……..
    But before that I have my HIP (High Impact Pilates) class at 4.30pm so will mean a quick dash home to shower and then back into town to meet with the girls!!!!! Luckily I live less than 10mins walk into town!!!

@dondons1oz – I do sympathise about our TDEE feeling low (mine is around 1500cals) just goes to show how much we use to overeat…….no wonder we put weight on……..losing weight is hard but maintaining is also hard and requires some vigilance but we are strong and we can do this as no way do we want to go back where we used to be 😉
    @cavanya – Happy belated birthday for the 31/1 – have a lovely time with your friends today xx
    @angrypony – I too struggled on my hike this morning – legs felt a bit empty…..did a lot of exercise yesterday on an under 400cal FD and did the walk this morning without breaking my fast this morning really enjoyed my scone with a cup of tea afterwards!!!!! no more food now though until my meal out this evening 😇
    @lilymartin – good to hear that both you and the scales are happy ☺️
    @funshipfreddie – love your quote ‘Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do; not a punishment for what you ate’. It’s exactly how I view exercise – I love the ones that I do and I always feel good and have a smile on my face after the sessions…..
    @flourbaby – 😁 you might just have mentioned that you have a birthday coming up…….they are meant to be a joyous affair so celebrate away!!!!

Off to bake for afternoon tea for the group I volunteer at – we have a proper afternoon tea once a month for them – china cups and saucers, flowers on the table….etc and of course homemade cakes – my contribution will be a Mincemeat Crumble Slice which will use up the leftover mincemeat I have. I found this recipe on the Lucy Loves website but I replace some of the flour with oats and reduce the sugar content – she uses zest from clementines which adds a lovely flavour!

“Remember your dreams are as hungry as your demons. Make sure you are feeding the right ones!”

@funshipfreddie – love your post. thanks for sharing. @i-hate-lettuce your right definitely need to up my fluids. Im not sure what Im most happy about Fasting yesterday or improving my computer skills. Win – Win I think.

USA Day 4 NFD

Good morning, all! I am still on a high from yesterday’s WFD! Also, empowered to find how easy it suddenly has become to do dry February! I must have achieved a sudden high in motivation!

jaifaim, I know there were others who did dry January (not me!! lol) but I am not sure if there is anyone this month! After all, February does include Valentine’s Day (chocolate and alcohol).

dondons 1 oz., I have a similar TDEE to yours but with what I eat, after carefully measuring my meals out, I find it difficult to actually rise to that level. As soon as I drink wine or eat anything too high in carbs, I begin to have problems, hence, the dry February. Once I meet my goal, though, wine will return on a lesser level. There is nothing nicer in the Winter as sitting at my fireplace in the evening with a glass of wine. lol

Good luck to all you fasters today. Think about this. When I water fasted yesterday, I felt so much lighter even if I really wasn’t. I will WFD again on Thursday. I also find it easier to not eat anything than try to eat small amounts.

Have a great day!

Day 1,2,and Day 3 (Better late than never)

Day 1 Los Angeles, CA – NFD

Hi All,

I’m a 51 YO female. I tried to start TFD in January, but I had travel which made it a little challenging. So, I consider that my prep month.

I am changing my lifestyle. My health has been challenged by carrying so much weight, so it’s time to release it, and I know it has to do with over-eating, which was a compensation for boredom mostly.

My goal is to release 95 lbs.

Day 2 Los Angeles, CA – NFD

I committed to reviewing TFD each morning along with my coffee and meditation afterwards. I’ll read from the book to reinforce the great content and then I come to the Forums here to add to my diary.

Day 3 Los Angeles, CA – FD

I am doing 4:3. This works best for me vs. a stretch of three days before my next FD. I get hungry on FDs, and given that I normally consumed more than 1500 calories a day, dropping to 500 is no easy feat. So, I went well over. My total for the day was 1030, and I’m all good with that! I am easing into the FD at 500 calories a day. I don’t think it’s realistic to drop so low so suddenly. I’m making it gradual. So, my FDs for the first four weeks will be a goal of 500 with the allowance of up to 1000 calories a day. I am confident I will be at 500 on FDs by March.

Nina

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 734 total)

You must be logged in to reply.