Fat&frumpy single mother to fit& fabulous yummy mommy!!!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fat&frumpy single mother to fit& fabulous yummy mommy!!!!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nirvana78 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Join me in my 6 month quest, from a fat, unhealthy frumpy single mother, to a fit, fabulous yummy mommy!! I am a single mother that just never really lost the weight (after piling on 30kg while being pregnant.) Can’t really call it baby fat anymore, as my son will be 6 next month!! . I am a nurse that does these crazy 12 hour shifts. And I just love love love food! I need some support, tough love, help, suggestions. PLEASE, really really need to do this. It’s now or never.

Hi Riana and welcome:

At the start, just focus on doing your diet days correctly. If you do, usually everything else will fall into place. This thread contains most of the information you need to be successful with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Riana,

I spotted your post on Tuesday evening while looking for support for returning to 5:2. Your post jumped out at me and I connected with it immediately, I thought, I must respond to that but unfortunately didn’t get round to it till now. Your title almost matches my situation, just with the exception that I’m not single. I’m a stay at home mum with 3 young boys.

A staggering reality is, I’m overweight by the same amount as my two year old weighs and he’s heavy! (If you take a look at my profile it will give you a bit of background). Positively, I’m back here now with the right mindset and ready to make that transition from Fat & Frumpy to Fit & Fabulous.

This week I heard someone say “if you want to win? Ask yourself the question, What’s Important Now?” That’s taking the three letters of the word WIN. What’s important for me now is that I successfully complete each day whether it be a fast day or non fast day. I started yesterday with a fast day, and here I am now at the end of a non fast day, both successfully completed. I got back on My Fitness Pal and logged everything, I’ve had plenty of water and I keep reminding myself of the benefits of delayed gratification.

I hope we can support each other along the way. Wednesday is my weigh in day, what’s yours? Thanks for getting the topic started and good luck with your journey.

Xx

Greetings from a sunny South Africa!
    I was supposed to do a fast day yesterday, but working 12 hour shifts at the hospital, it just didnt work out like that. Need to wrap my mind around this. I got so tired and grumpy. And then one of the patients brought me some homemade, yummy fudge. Mmmmm. Need i say more? Anyway, i will try doing my fast day when i am not working, and when i dont need so much energy and focus. So lets see what today ( trying a fast day again as i am off and have nothing really planned) will bring!!!

Good Morning,

It’s 5am and I’m awake but definitely not by choice. For the first time I put my 7mth and my 2yr old in the same bedroom. They are keeping each other awake, it’s torture.
    I read your post and two things stood out for me. How far in advance do you know what shift you’re working? Also if you replace the word “try” with something more accountable, like I will or today I’m going to complete… These will change your mindset to a more positive way of doing things.

If you know well in advance when you have a long shift or a day off, this will be a powerful tool in your quest for progress. If you print off a large calendar just one month at a time and fill in your days off and your 12hr shifts. This will give you a plan and allow you to achieve goals. I got these tips from The Little Voices topic here in the forums.

If you have a bad day, look for any good that happened within that day and praise yourself for that. It’s mind over matter, you will and can do it.

Thanks so much for the great advice. Planning indeed is the key here. I am using this weekend to plan my fast days around my work days/off days. I had a great fast today. A bit tired and a serious headache, but I can do this! I feel like superwoman today!

Well done on your fast day, you deserve to feel like Superwoman?. Would you like to share what you ate? I’m doing one tomorrow, I’m going to have porridge with honey at about 7am, then going to hold off till dinner. Dinner is a bit of what’s in the cupboards… There’s a tin of chopped tomatoes, a tin of chickpeas, some bulgar wheat, a red pepper and an onion. If I tweak the weights I could easily come in around the 300 calories mark.

A few months back when I first started doing 5:2, I bought some clothes from a charity shop that were a size smaller. It was a cheap and quick achievement tool. I tried these on each week and took an initial photo. Those first photos weren’t pretty (the tide wouldn’t even take me out!), but very quickly I went from having to wiggle my hips to get into them, to being able to pull them straight up. My next goal was to be able to close the button safely! Unfortunately there was a change in my situation at home and the diet was put in the wardrobe along with the clothes. Thankfully I’m back trying on those clothes again because they helped me see the results quickly, plus I’d do one of my happy dances in front of the mirror. It can only be a positive thing. My blood group is B+, I love that because I always aim to “be positive”

My battery is dying here, so a quick ?to you, I’ll chat to you tomorrow.

Xx

Good morning
    Summer in South Africa, so we have an abundant selection of yummy fruits. I ate watermelon the whole day, which is my all time favorite fruit. Then around 5pm i had my evening meal, which was some kids noodles ( 500kj for about 100grams) and added lots of cabbage, carrot, hoisin sauce, garlic,chilli and ginger stirfry. It was lovely and a massive portion! Being Afrikaans, our favorite passtime is to Braai (BBQ). So i love big portions of everything. Veg and some fruit is obviously the way to bulk everything up a bit. All my emotions are directly related to food, so i have been making a list of lovely creative happy things to do, exept to eat/cook/bake!
    Good luck with your fast today xxx

mmm watermelon, something else we have in common. I first tasted it in Cyprus on honeymoon. In the restaurant they had it already prepared for you, just help yourself! Watermelon is only sold whole here in Ireland, it would cost zar87. How much would you get it for?

Your dinner sounded lovely and so adaptable, it’s amazing how you can have a very substantial meal when your’re thrifty with the calories.

Enjoy your day too . xx

How did the fast day go, and what did u have to eat? Had a very awesome day out in the sun at a waterpark closeby. Feeling a bit hot and tired now! Watermelon cost around R35-R55 at the moment, depending on size.

Ireland has always been on my bucketlist. Unfortunately with our Rand being the weakest its been in 20 years, Europe will have to wait….

The fast day turned in to a farce day! We had surprise visitors so went out for dinner instead. I’m drinking a glass of Rosé as I type… Tomorrow will be my new fast day, hubby is away for 24 hours, so no distractions.

I’m a big rugby fan so hopefully I’ll get to South Africa one day to ogle over your team oh and support my team of course!

How was your fast day? I had a very overindulging sunday.

Well the good bit first, I ate what I had intended to eat. Started out with the porridge and honey, nothing for a few hours… then my son produced a tub of Pringles, I had a sneaky one but then had two more?. Found some tiny sweets in my coat pocket from yesterday, told no one and ate them too?. I’ve had my what’s in the cupboards dinner and it was very filling and that’s it now for the evening. I have half a bottle of Rose left, going to keep that for tomorrow evening.
    So to summarise, eh not that good!

I hope you enjoyed your day though, despite what you ate?

Today was a better day, I stuck to my plan of 1500 calories. My usual porridge, some low cal soup, a homemade tortilla pizza, more low cal soup then chicken, veg and bulgar wheat for dinner. I’m delighted with myself for avoiding temptation, honestly it wasn’t easy.

I hope you’re doing well☺

I am really having a fabulous week so far. I am starting to see myself through the eyes of my son- his strong, beautiful, healthy, happy mommy.
    I am having a fast day today which is really going well. Its like something has finally shifted, i am doing this for ME, for myself, for no one else. No one gives a rat’s ass if i fit into a size 10 or 16! I just want to be the healthiest, best version of myself. 3/4 of my clothes doesnt fit and its awesome stuff from my travels to India, Dubai, Thailsnd. A lovely incentive for me- i will have literally a whole new beautiful wordrobe when i lose this weight. Yay! We can and will do this!!!

I love it, I absolutely love the positive vibe from your post. If that doesn’t get anyone off the couch I don’t know what will! Did you stick to your plan for the day.? I’m doing a fast day today and is going well too. I weighed myself yesterday and delighted to report I’m down 2lb. That’s a nice start to week 1 for me, I’m very pleased.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.