Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,945 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 3 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 25,901 through 25,950 (of 35,432 total)

• Well done Tammy… Those days when you get easily wobble are actually the really hard ones… Easier to fight a demon cos then it helps to feel you’ve achieved something amazing… But you actually DID achieve something amazing!

Kay – sometimes it’s not immediate… You’ll get your reward for those three days – you will.

Ate too much junk yesterday – Friday can be a bit like that for me so going to caw canny today.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Mx

Thanks Kay I did three FD’s and only lost one pound but I am very happy with that.Any loss is a big plus.Going to the cycling tonight, looking forward to it,not been to cycling since the early sixties.Fed up of getting up early then the cricket is delayed ☹️ it’s starting at 8-45 now so not too bad.

Morning all! Read all the posts, but page has turned so might miss something out, sorry…
    Dave- up already?! Shame if the cricket is delayed…hope son is finding the therapy helpful. Enjoy the cycling!
    Minols- will be joining you today being careful…doesn’t hurt to have a relaxed day food wise!
    Jean- what a pain with the caravan! Glad you had a good day out though, & hope you have a nice lunch with daughter today!
    Kay- frustrating, some weeks you work hard with the FDs & don’t seem to get the results 😤 Keep strong if you’re fasting today!
    Mel- is it a FD today, are you up for ADF?
    DF- did you have any cake yesterday?! Funny how it didn’t bother you!
    Cakey- how are things going, lots for your family to sort out …anyone come to view the house yet?
    Nana- the meal & panto sound lovely! Have a good time!
    Tammy- well done staying strong on your wobbly FD! Great will power!
    Sarah- glad little one is on the mend! Have a good meal tonight, & a good weekend!
    Typhoo- have a good weekend, how often do you see your daughter?
    Cath- you’ve been quiet, have a good weekend!
    Annabelle- quiet too, don’t know if you’re reading this, hope you’re okay?
    Didn’t manage to keep low yesterday- stressed & Mum came for dinner in the evening! Those who asked about the baby- I work for HomeStart, a charity which helps families who are having a hard time, the baby is nearly a year old, it seems he’s had some sort of tummy obstruction, & then has developed sepsis, it sounds like Ipswich hospital have been useless & missed it, he’s been transferred to Norwich now, will need major surgery if he can get over the infection. Sounds awful for the poor family, the other 3 boys have autism & are very hard work, but the wider family are very helpful.
    Will be a FD for me today, hopefully can do a week on 800cal days.

Morning All..
    A dull day here..walking then getting ready to meet daughter pushed for time…

Sarah..
    Enjoy your lunch with friends today and family dinner tomorrow..I think it helps to go over the 5.2 book again…

Nana..
    Sounds like a lovely occasion the meal and pantomime in the village…nothing like that here…enjoy..

Kay..
    Well done on the pound off

Jean x

Continued…

Minols..
    Have a canny day…

Hedgehog..
    What a sad thing about the baby hope the hospital can sort him out…hope today is not so stressed….

Dave..
    Annoying about the cricket…

Running really late..catch-up later….

Jean x

Determined to keep sensible for the whole weekend and not be going into my fast on Monday feeling like I need to catch up. I’m sure the NFDs are important as the FDs but also think a relaxed day actually helps. Rereading Moseley’s revised book and at the moment he’s talking about the psychology of this. You can have a relaxed day, eat what you want sometimes without ruining it. And crucially you don’t get that bored and deprived feeling that sees off other diets. It’s never ruined and ypu can always pull it back.

Kay, well done on the pound. I am sure you will get a bit more from last week and it will show at some stage.

Jean have a nice meeting with daughter and I hope they actually start on the van! How annoying. You probably want to be planning a trip.

HH some families have such incredibly tough lives. So hoping the baby is ok.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, staying lowish and living our best lives x

Morning all, HH I am fasting again, trying to do a bit of ADF. That poor family and baby, puts things into perspective. The picture of baby Xena is just beautiful.
    Jean, I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew with this planking challenge. Got to do day 3 in a minute and I can really feel it from yesterday. The whole thing takes about three minutes at the moment. Got to check the app and see if I can go back on a day until I get it done or if it automatically goes to the next day.
    Oops just realised the page recently changed so can’t go back for this post.
    Kay, that is a good idea, will see where I am at the end of the month.
    Have a good day all, fasting or not. Off to do planks 🥴

I will have to sort out my FD next week, can’t do Monday because it’s my birthday.Maybe do Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday if possible.Got to stop eating toast at night.Not a FD today Roast beef tomorrow.Would be very happy to lose a pound again next week.

Aaggghh eldest has asked me to make him another sugar free cheesecake- do feel for him as he has to be so strong & he loves sweet stuff, have made it but will be very tempted!
    Have upset Xena by washing her bedding, she’s so protective of her stuff, had to lure her out the way with a chew & shut her out so I could change it! She’s now laying in her crate, won’t come out & glaring at me 😂😂. Seeing mum shortly.

Afternoon running late, not managed to read all the posts yet.
    Kay do I not get on the list 😭😘
    I am still unsure if I’m fasting, I’m having a battle of wills in my head, one saying ‘go on eat’, the other telling me not to, lol. I’m having a cup of tea with sweeteners just now, I know I really shouldn’t use the sweeteners but sometimes is all I need to stop me going on a binge. Heading to work soon, which is good, at the moment hedging towards a fast.
    Tammy x

Hi All..
    Just got back from garden centre….well it started well a toasted tea cake…then this huge cherry cheesecake jump off the shelf and landed on a plate in front of me..if I could guess the calories I won’t be far wrong at 1000, that does’t count the latte and tea cake…😬…lamb dinner later…well over today and I feel sickly already…

Paint out in a minute and paint and hopefully blend in were the printer ink splashed all over the wall….I often wonder if men have brains?…I seem to have to repair the accidents!…good job I love him…

Sarah..
    I definitely need a revamp on 5.2 thought 😂…chomping at the bit to get away, the snow will come and we will still be housebound 😂..have a nice day….

Dave..
    Come on toast is not a good idea….at night!

Hedgehog..
    Poor Xena being upset on the washing…enjoy mum later…

Tammy..
    A little story to make you laugh…when I had the girls at home, they would be asleep in bed..a little voice would say in my head, cup of tea a couple of choc biscuits, I would think no, this argument could go on 6 hours through the day..could be 10 pm and I would think sod it I will….I get to the biscuit tin…..the little tinkers had eaten the lot!…umm..choice words 😂

Have a good day at work..

Jean x

Denise said she spends her whole life clearing up after me 🥴.Yes the toast is banned from now 😖.Think I may hit 2000 calories today🐖🐖🐖.But that’s still a fair bit under my Chocolate biscuits were my downfall when I gave up smoking, a full pack every day🐷🐷🐷.But I didn’t smoke again.

Dave..
    We never have biscuits in the house and don’t miss them…..just the Christmas stash, I can’t see it being there at April…that’s why we haven’t lost the weight!

Well done on the stopping smoking well worth a packet of biscuits a day.
    X

Jean that’s the reason I had my Christmas stash before the New Year began.My son eats Jaffa cakes which are very tempting 🤪😵🥵.

Tammy and Jean, that little voice was shouting in my head when I went to read your posts. And yes it was biscuits. “Go on, they are Nairn ginger oatcakes, they are healthier, less sugar. They will only take you a little bit over, you know you want to.” Anyway I haven’t succumbed.
    Dave we eat after seven p.m. (couldn’t do what Jean and Steve do!) so I don’t want anything after that. I do love toast though. With marmite so I know you wouldn’t fight me for it!
    Jean – teacake and cheesecake 🤪🤪!
    HH xena is a funny girl. Jodie wouldn’t even notice!

I have never tried marmite, dosent appeal to me though.It’s the same with liver,just looking at it makes me feel ill.Toast with butter🤪🐷🐖🐽

Mel..
    Well done on keeping strong…always eat at 5 ish…oh the cheesecake worth every calorie.

We are going away on the 6 th to a pub, sometimes they do small marmite with the jams..I have never tried it, hoping to give it a go…..

Dave..
    Liver 😱🤮🤢

Jean x

Liver 💩💩💩.😁

Afternoon Everyone,
    Off for our meal shortly have to be there 5pm for 5:30pm sit down. Will definitely be well over on calories today but it’s only one day and life is for living.
    Dave and Jean I’m a big fan of Liver,Bacon and Onions.
    Hedgehogs one of my friends had a Labrador that sat and watched his bedding going round in the washing machine.
    Better go as neighbours who are also going this evening with us have arrived.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Nana x

Nana…
    Have a lovely night out…

X

Nana enjoy your night. How lovely that your village does that. Impressed you take your own low cal wine. That will forever be beyond me.

Have kept it lowish today and peckish now but def going to resist until we eat at 7.30 ish.

I totally love marmite. Gives such a nice savoury hit. Spotted little individual packs of marmite biscuits the other day. 122 cals for four and very tasty and quite filling.

Dave, you should be proud of yourself giving up smoking as it means you can pretty well do anything. Apparently it is harder than giving up heroin! (Not that I’ve tried either #shelteredlife)

Jean, good to have a day of enjoying food a bit. I’m sure you’ll be back on it. Hope you like marmite when you try it. I think it’s possible that men do have brains, though I sometimes debate the point with my OH. I do think they’re wired differently.

Tammy, the experts tell us lots of often conflicting things. We just have to do what we think can work for us. Hope you’re keeping it lowish.

Right I’m off to get ready. Annoyed my nice black jeans are still too tight with too much overhang (yuk) so wearing a dress.

Have a lovely evening everyone

Hedgehogs

So sorry to hear about how poorly your HS baby is.

Hope and pray for a full recovery.

CW

Evening all!

Only had 100 cals so far and tea is a tuna steak and veg, maybe a couple of small potatoes, so game on for 800 cals.

HH and Mel, hope you are both doing ok too!

Tammy, has it been a FD today or not? With your changeover of scales, I wasnt sure if you were able to declare what you have lost this month so far and didnt know if you have been weighing in every week….thats how the list started, just updating the weekly losses.

Our Focused February starts next week and anyone taking part needs to think of their realistic aim for the 4 weeks. Think mine will be 4lbs, going to try and go for 1lb a week, will be a challenge, but its perfectly doable if I remain FOCUSED!!

HH, any news on the poorly baby? Ellie used to be the same as Xena, not really liking me washing the smells out of her bedding!

Jean, how annoying about the caravan! Cheesecake…yum…why not..it was a nfd!

Dave, what are your plans for tomorrow? Is there any signs of Denise making a cake?

Sarah, I love marmite too! Not done a zero cal/fluid only fast for a long time now! Typh00 is the king of fluid only fasts now! Enjoy your meal tonight.

Nana, hope you have a lovely evening too.

DF, Minols, Typh00, CW, hows your day been?

Kx

Cakey- thanks, thinking of you too…
    Jean- a very agile cheesecake 😂 was obvs desperate to be eaten…good that you can get away even if it’s not in the caravan!
    Sarah #sheltered life too! But I have had marmite so more living than Jean 😂😂 Enjoy your wine…you’ll be in those jeans soon!
    Tammy- hopefully the sweet tea will keep you going, I do have diet coke or diet flavoured water for a bit of sweetness sometimes…
    Mel- well done to you! Our last lab was so pleased when I washed her bedding, but nice & happy, not like Xena!
    Nana- have a good night, enjoy watching the others getting drunk!
    Dave- hope the cycling is good 👍
    Kay- how have you managed fasting?
    Have had to take away the nice furry bed I put in Xena’s crate- she stayed on it all day, wouldn’t even come out for a drink! Being all protective, stupid dog, she’ll have to make do with an old jumper instead! Mum had an electrician round to fix a heater, I invited myself along, luckily as she didn’t take in what he said! She asked me what I wanted for my birthday, so I suggested some vouchers, she announced she wasn’t going here there & everywhere for something, so I can have money instead 😂. If I’d have asked for money she’d have been cross at that because ‘it’s too lazy’! Can’t win, bless her😂. Resisted the mince pies she kept trying to feed me, so have done okay today.

Evening all
    I have managed a FD, just had weetabix and banana, am making a pot of lentil soup, so possibly a couple of tastes of that, and that’s it.
    Kay I will be weighing this week, I’m going to try for 4lbs as well for feb, as I’m away and will not be fasting that week.
    Dave I adore buttered toast, I feel your pain.
    HH, hope the baby is ok.
    Jean your trying to sabotage me with tea and choccy biscuits lol,very annoying about your caravan not being started.
    Sarah and Nana enjoy your evenings out.
    Typh00, cakey,minols, symba, mel,DF, crisp hope your all good.
    Someone lost a lb and I cant find who it was, well done that person.
    NFD tomorrow and a Chinese for tea and I can wait.
    Tammy x

Good evening all

Weigh in tomorrow morning which i almost sabotaged by ordering pizza but I have resisted as it’s more important that I lose some weight and I can always have pizza as a treat when I’m down a few more pounds.

Tammy

Lentil soup sounds very good my ex used to make a very tasty carrot and lentil soup i must get her recipe so I can make some for myself.

Hello

At the vet hospital. Woof been poorly all day and can’t keep anything down. They’ve given him an anti sickness injection, we’ve got to wait 2 hours then give him some water. If he can’t keep that down they are going to admit him. He’s got sore tum and a high temp too.

CW

Kay..
    It’s a sod with the caravan hoping news back end of the week…goodness it was a big piece of cheesecake…I will go for 2 lbs off 😬…well done today…

Hedgehog..
    I think we will be away in May but see nearer the time..it would be lovely to catch up again.

When is it your birthday?..Steves the 10th Feb……glad mum has sorted it out..Money!…how is the baby any news…hope the jumper does for Xena and she settles..

Mel..
    Enjoy your Chinese tomorrow night…

Tyhpoo..
    Good luck for weigh in…

Cakey..
    Hope the woof settles..it’s a worry…hope the sickness settles bless…thinking of you all…

Jean x

Cakey
    Hope woofy gets better soon, you’ll be worried, thinking of you
    Typh00 I do love lentil soup, but I put bacon in mine ,sorry.
    Tammy x

Awake and cant get back to sleep…

CW, hope woofer is ok, its worrying 😕

Steve, well done with resisting the pizza and good luck with the weigh in.

I completed my FD yesterday. A relaxed day tomorrow and back to it on Monday!

Dave, how was the cycling?

HH, good job you went round to your mums when electrician there. Chuckled about the birthday money, bless x
    Well done for today.

Mel, did you ignore the voice for rest of the day?

Neil brought home a pack of 2 small custard slices yesterday as he spotted them on the ‘reduced shelf’ ….one of my favourite things….but on a FD 😱
    I had a little voice saying…well they are only 250-300 cals and although it would take me over my 800cals, it would still be a low day! And its the beginning of a new week!
    Pleased to say they are still in the fridge! But I did go to bed early to avoid temptation 😀

Right going to read a bit of my book and see if I can go back to sleep for couple of hours.

X

Good morning all

It’s a wet start to the morning here so far but it’s still early so could change.

Stepped on the scales this morning and was pleased to see I’ve lost 2 pounds would be very happy with every week but can’t be too greedy.

Kay

Very well done in resisting the custard slices im not sure I would have been so disciplined.

Morning All..
    Bright day before the rain heads our way…..

Heading to the park for walk and brunch..it will close the eating window…small chicken baguette tonight…

Cakey..
    How is the woof..any news…did he manage to hold the water down?

Tyhpoo..
    Well done on the 2lbs off…it would be lovely every week but your body wouldn’t allow it 😂…don’t I know!

Kay..
    Very good on the vanillas, don’t think I could of resisted..hope the bit of reading got you off to sleep, its a bit early..

Must dry my hair then walking…

Jean x

Morning all

Great news Steve. 2lbs is brilliant and reward for resisting that pizza.

Thinking of February, I think 4lbs target for me too. It’s what I’d really like but it’ll be a bit of a stretch as I’m in France for the last week so my last weigh in Feb will be week 3. But that would probably be enough to make some tight clothes including the jeans more wearable. Hoping for a pound off on Wednesday before we start for Feb too.

I had a reasonable night, chose a risotto and then shared a cheese plate, large G&T, large white wine. Don’t feel too bad at that. Just need to get through today without being a 🐷🐖🐽 and then fasting tomorrow.

Nana, hope you had a good night too.

CW hope woof is better today. Such a concern when they are ill. So much a part of the family.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Good morning everyone,Cakey how’s your dog? The cycling was good, exciting, but it’s very warm in the velodrome, they have to keep the temperature at 28°C for the riders, apparently it helps them ride quicker. Up for the cricket not doing as well today but it’s early yet. Raining here ☹️.Steve a good loss.

Morning all, oops actually afternoon all.
    CW how is Woof? We are all thinking of you.
    Dave, saw your pictures and glad you enjoyed the cycling. Did you used to cycle at all? I never got on with it, my bum hurt too much (and not for lack of padding). Happy birthday for tomorrow too.
    Sarah, you did well on your evening out, no sweet stuff. Nana you were good too, no alcohol! I must admit I always drink if we go out, would find it impossible not to. Oh I am so bad 🥴.
    Kay, I am lucky as Paul never food shops so never appears with goodies (baddies).
    Typh00 (Steve) you are doing well. Not sure when I am going to weigh next.
    Are we all doing a weigh in on 1st February?
    Did my plank challenge. My problem is the straight arm side plank. Cannot take the weight on one arm so have to adapt it.
    Have a good day everyone, fasting or not. I managed my FD800 yesterday (645 cals) so looking forward to my 🍷🍷 tonight.

I used to have a bike years ago,but not for over 50 years.I had to laugh, when we got there at the velodrome.I pulled up at the carpark and a man asked me if I was taking part😁.I said no so he said you can’t park here, you will have to park at Manchester City’s ground.Denise didn’t realize how far it was from the velodrome,not really that far but is for her.I got a message from one of the ladies from the bowling club in Spanish,she asked if I was on WhatsApp I said yes and gave her my number, she out me on a Spanish WhatsApp group.

Afternoon All…
    Raining now…
    Lovely park walk joining up with some playful dogs, twiglet the greyhound, coco the standard poodle…I had toast and a very small flapjack, latte..Steve a small full breakfast. Nothing till tonight chicken salad 6” baguette.

Ironing to do…painting finished in office two coats but blended in nicely, so a metre square not too bad…kitchen blocked sprayed but I have to find a Dulux mixer shop nearest Doncaster, the paint I have already used is no good for what I want..not today.

Sarah ..
    We are away the end of the first week in February so it will be a three week month for us, 2 lbs hopefully realistic for me, Steve can join me in 2lbs……it is a way of life I would rather loose slowly fit the wine, chocolate and meals in so it is not a diet.

Dave..
    Glad you enjoyed the cycling, hope the cricket picks up…a Spanish WhatsApp group ..different 😂

Mel…
    My weigh in will be 31st, see if it gets counted ! Umm…😂..we shop together, so it’s usually me who says, shall we….I have to kerb my baking…you are doing well on the plank…

Hedgehog..
    Have a good morning…

Ironing calls…

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Cakey- poor woof, hope that he’s improved overnight, such a worry…thinking of you.
    Typhoo- well done 2lbs off is great, well deserved after resisting the pizza! I used to make spicey carrot & lentil soup; I dry toasted coriander & cumin seeds, then ground them up. Simmered 2 chopped carrots, I think about 50g orange lentils & some chopped onion in veg stock with the spices, until the carrots are soft, then blended it all up, 1big bowl, very low cal!
    Jean- hope you have a good walk!& brunch!
    Tammy- well done to you for your FD, enjoy eating today!
    Kay- well done on the custard slices, they wouldn’t tempt me though! Enjoy them today.
    Dave- glad you liked the cycling, very flattering to be asked if you’re taking part! We saw a whole group of men out once racing, there was a rather chubby man a way back, he had a T shirt on saying ‘fat lad at the back’!! Am on WhatsApp, perhaps we should do a group on there too!
    Sarah- sounds like you had a good night out, keep controlled today!
    Mel- well done for yesterday! I’m sure you could repeat a day with a different plank? I shall not be doing a weigh-in on Feb 1st, mt birthday the day before 😂 I used to cycle lots, could do up to 30 miles, but sadly can’t any more with my neck. Your bum does get used to it, like horse riding, & you can get padded lycra shorts, very fetching 😂😂
    Nana- hope last night was good?!
    No news on the baby, don’t like to keep trying to ring, I’ll text I think & leave my number, we’re not supposed to give out our number but this is different.
    Not eating very healthy today (peanut butter popcorn for lunch!), but it’s low cal & will have lots of veg for lunch!

Switched to football now,City winning 2-0 so happy. Had a bacon butty for brunch,if I was to get on the scales I think I would have gained a couple of pounds so must work hard to try and lose it before Friday.

Did anyone watch How to lose weight well? Last week they did the Israeli army diet, a week crash diet, sounds awful but quite appealed to me, I like doing those sorts of diets occasionally!

I am watching lose weight save money, last week it was fasting. A WhatsApp group would be good, I think everyone has a mobile on here so it wouldn’t be a problem there. Got to make the Yorkshire’s when the footie ends and take Heidi out

Afternoon
    Late start for me, had bacon and sausage for brunch, oven cooked on a grill wire thing (my brain has stopped functioning)to keep them out of their own fat, and I didnt enjoy it, no taste and to rub salt into the wound, it kicked my dodgy tummy off, why do I never learn !!!!!!!!
    Typh00 well done with the 2lbs off
    Dave you could take cycling back up, just think what an incentive it would be to get into a pair of lycra shorts 🤦‍♀️
    HH I could go watch the programme, maybe we could both try it, see what happens.
    Jean, ironing ,not in this house!!!
    Kay, I’ll eat your custard slice.
    Hi to everyone else.
    I forgot to mention, there may be a couple vodka’s later tonight!!!
    Tammy x

Wouldn’t be seen dead in lycra😱.Plus nowhere to put a bike. I would look like the Michelin man in lycra😖😵.

Update on baby, no change, but I guess that’s better than getting worse…
    Had the park to ourselves when we took Xena out, hubby can get the ball really far with the flinger, Xena loves it, she should’ve been a greyhound! The snow drops are already out in the woods near us, masses of them, so beautiful!

I usually see snow drops in the churchyard,must look next time I go there. There are lots of bluebells there later on in the year.

Well done on the 2lbs Steve!

Custard slice was enjoyed earlier 😋 Spag Bol with soya mince for tea and an evening in the pub!!

Sarah, sounds like you had nice evening.
    Jean, dont bore yourself too much with the ironing!
    Mel, I might be joining you with a couple of 🍷🍷 this evening 😉
    Dave, cycling, to cricket to football. Is it the gym tomorrow?
    CW, hows the woof?
    HH, I think I have the series recording, so will catch up with them.
    Tammy, shame your brunch didnt work out for you. What do you think caused the dicky tummy!

K x

Yes gym tomorrow, was looking before think I have about 5 more sessions then that’s it finished. Bowling will take over then. Under 6 weeks to holibobs 😁.They are going to pull down a bridge near me which will cause a traffic nightmare, I go down the road to go bowling and shopping.Its going to take almost a year because they are widening the road either side of it.

A productive day…ironing finished and put away..our.chicken cooked for tonight….17 meat meals cooked for Charlie and in the freezer, 17p each…3 portions of white fish…

Found my paint card so I shall go and match with Dulux

Drizzle rain on walk but not bad….

Hedgehog..
    Not quite as lovely snowdrops but lots of daisies ..lol..

Glad baby is holding her own….

Kay..
    Love a vanilla..not too much ironing…..might have a 🍷myself..arm twisted..

Dave..
    Enjoy gym tomorrow….something to look forward too…get the February pebbles going..

Charlie must of enjoyed his fish dinner he is crying for more in the kitchen…

Jean x

Heidi as not been eating until midnight lately just sleeping.Denise had just cut the beef up😋😋 Yorkshire mixture in the fridge 😋😋😋😋.

Kay

It’s a good thing you have eaten those custard slices as we were going to come and eat them ourselves 😝😝.

Almost forgot to put the two quid in my jar that is now the princely sum of three pounds saved, how many custard slices could i get for that (only joking) I don’t want to ruin my hard work.

Viewing 50 posts - 25,901 through 25,950 (of 35,432 total)

You must be logged in to reply.