Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,935 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 4 hours, 54 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,451 through 19,500 (of 35,422 total)

• Well I was in work at 6.45, still doing my half day Fridays and spreading the other four hours over the rest of the week so got home early and spent a few hours writing the first draft of an assignment, then I cooked dinner, which always takes ages and now I’m finally settled. I’m ahead in my coursework so I can have a nice relaxing weekend without doing much. I’ve got a lot on next week, doing something every evening bar Monday, so I’ve arranged to have Friday off.

Well done to the losers. 😉

Pseu..
    Have a lovely relaxing weekend…you have been very busy well deserved 😍

Xx

Dave- poor Denise, saying she sounds like Hilda Ogden! (I sound worse than that!!) Hope Heidi got her walk…
    Jean- hope you have a lovely weekend… no we’re not away, hubby’s birthday but will be at home, can’t complain, I have my puppy!
    Pseudo- nice to get ahead with the studying, enjoy your weekend!
    KL- hormones are a bugger, hope the scales are better next week, nice to see some fat gone though!
    Cakey- have a good weekend too! Any meals out?
    Xena was badly behaved tonight, but my fault- she was getting tired but we had some visitors popping in to see her, so I kept her up- she was very overexcited & quite bitey again.
    We’re getting rid of our trailer tomorrow- hubby advertised it on freecycle, & a dog rescue charity have asked if they can have it for getting dog food, really glad it’ll go to a good home! Do we admit that we bought a puppy rather than get a rescue dog?! Mind you, after the way she was tonight, perhaps we should give her away with the trailer!!

Hedgehog…
    You would never give here away…you cruel mum…lol..lovely the trailer is going to a good home..

Sorry ….it’s the birthday boy and toffee pudd…I knew you were eating😂

Have a lovely birthday bash…and Happy Birthday to him from us…

Jean x

Just forgot to say..

I got two lovely letters from the school children thanking me for their shop treats…so thoughtful..

X

Heidi got two walks in between the rain, Denise’s voice is not too bad,but you wouldn’t see her on the karioke,I have done it a few times,and my daughter too.Watching England play football but could nod off any minute,not that exciting a game.

Morning all!
    Dave- did you have an early night in the end? Is your daughter trying to lose weight too?
    Jean- that was lovely of the school children! Have a good weekend!
    Puppy is having a lie-in this morning…my eldest son is up at 6am for work usually so that disturbs her, he’s stayed at his girlfriend’s last night (she’s 18 today), so I won’t go in the kitchen for a bit…youngest has to be up soon though.

Morning All..
    Miserable here and wet…

Off to Manchester shortly about 9.30, usual visiting staying over in the Premier Inn couldn’t cancel so might as well use it…hoping Steve can manage, he’s not good every day…we don’t go to step daughters house as it’s easier to go in a cafe and calmer but a pain after driving 90 mins..then off to Steves sisters house, she is going into hospital next week for a hip operation, her hubby has just had the major heart surgery where Dave went…I think I am the only one well at the moment ….quite depressing all around really, not the holiday, just generally….

Eating and drinking will be a problem …back on board tomorrow…we didn’t have Friday off moved it over to Saturday …

Pseu and Lynne..
    Keep safe, weather looks terrible in your area, including our other daughter too…hope you have electric on..thinking of you all…

Hedgehog..
    Is your birthday tea tomorrow..hope all goes well…always good when the baby sleeping gets better, I remember it well…lol,

Dave, Katie, Cakey…… have a good weekend what ever you are doing…

Kay, DL, Lynne, Hemmy hoping you are all ok….you are all very quiet…are you joining us again….

Have a safe day all…

Jean x

Cheer up Jean,not all bad if you are feeling well, still blustery here and we have had some rain but dry at the moment.HH my daughter does want to lose weight,she has high blood pressure and now with heart disease in her family namely me her go said about having weight loss surgery,so I said try the 5-2and come on here with me.I don’t know what she will do so Will have to wait and see.I went to bed at 22-30 am,so fairly early, Denise went the same time so late for her.Think it could be a 3am tomorrow morning if I can stay awake.

Good Evening everyone, I’m Dave’s (Brads27) daughter and he has talked me into joining the diet and this group. I’m going to be 40 in December and I want to lose weight to avoid the bariatric surgery my GP is keen to put me forward for. I think this is a bit extreme as I’ve never been asked if I have tried to lose weight by dieting which to be honest I have never seriously tried. I went for an appointment to see my GP about my weight to get some advice about diets last week however she went straight to the subject of gastric band surgery. So here I am ready to begin 5:2 and hopefully avoid the surgeon!

Welcome Claire (Wimpledove) good to have you on here,you will get plenty of advice and a good natter😁. Heidi wouldn’t leave me alone when I got home from your house 😆

Evening All..
    A blustery night in Knutsford… we have had a good day with family although it definitely a day off 😬 going out for some wine shortly…

Claire..
    Welcome to our group.. you can only give it a go.. Dad can keep you right but if you would rather come to us no problem lol…lots of support and chat..

Dave..
    Glad Claire joined us.. thanks for the linc.. will read later..

Jean x

Did you show mum the mice video? 😄

Will start reading the Dirty Diet book later

Thanks Jean, I will certainly give it a go. My husband is keen to try it too so will see what happens 😊

No 😁I fancy a nibble so think I have some walnuts in the cupboard.Ice hockey tonight so a late night 😵😵😵

Evening!
    Jean- I hadn’t realised that the weekend wasn’t a fun trip, hope the wine was good tonight… don’t get down, Steve needs you strong! It is such a shame about your holiday & Christmas trip, have to find some days / meals out to plan so you both have something to look forward to…
    Claire- Hi & welcome to the group! I hope that you can get on with 5:2, if your hubby is on board as well that’ll help!
    Dave- I would seriously eat too much if I stayed up as late as you- your willpower is pretty good!
    hope everyone else is okay?
    We had a good time at the puppy party- Jean, there was a German Shepherd cross retriever there, I thought of your step-daughter! He was a guide dog puppy in training, although he didn’t seem that well behaved, still young yet though. He & Xena ended up joining forces against another bolshy puppy! She had a good sleep afterwards so cleaned some windows, hate doing that. Trailer picked up, kept Xena hidden! She was supposed to have had a short walk later in the afternoon, but we stood at the roundabout near us watching the traffic for a bit, then bumped into some neighbours with their little boy, & then another neighbour invited us in to meet her dog, so were out quite a while!
    Did courgetti with carbonara sauce tonight, very yum!

Hedgehog..
    We should be here with our cases😭.. fair few people flying tomorrow… Steve is very bad today, he has been resting up for 5 days you then don’t realise how bad he is when he then starts moving outside… there is no way he could fly.. we did the right thing..

We have had a good day my spirits are lifted.. all went well .. it sometimes doesn’t here…

You will see I suppose what Buddy looks like… he is now filling out.. on a walk the other night some youths started messing about in the park, he closed in on daughter with youths on the other side growling and not being nice the youths disappeared quick..I like that..

I have not had a good carb day.. line drawn .. a good thing Steve is thinking of joining me .. we will see no pressure.

Busy day with Xena ..goodness I could so be tempted…Steve would say no ☹️

Good the trailer has gone and Xena is left behind lol
    Everybody loves you with a puppy it’s so nice..

Have a good day tomorrow enjoy the pudd.. Happy Birthday to hubby…

Jean x

I planned to be so good this weekend food wise but I’ve failed and made too many treats again. I always fail on Friday nights and weekends – it has to stop! My carbs don’t tend to be massively high but I just eat too much and a lot of it is rubbish that is completely unnecessary. I’m so annoyed with myself.

The weather has been surprisingly okay. Swansea was told to ‘batten down the hatches’ but it’s not that windy or that wet. There are a lot of floods on the news in a fairly local area but it hasn’t even been raining that hard with me. Not windy either, I’m on the side of the hill so it’s possible the wind could be coming in off the coast from that direction so the hill is blocking it.

Hi Claire, welcome to the group. 🙂

Morning all!
    Pseudo- glad you’re okay- I saw all the flooding on the news & thought of you & your roof, & your kitchen… What rubbish do you eat when you indulge at the weekend? Peanut butter is my vice, but I think I’ll make the lava cake tonight so I don’t eat sticky toffee pud!
    Jean- thinking of you two…Definitely the right decision made. The Guide dog lady said that they’re trying German Shepherd crosses because people don’t move out the way for labs, but obviously do if they see a Shepherd coming! Your daughter should be well protected then!
    Minols- hope you’re having a good trip!

Thanks, I need to read up on the 5:2 so I fully understand it. My dad has lent me his book so I’m hoping to get into it fully ASAP 📚😀

Peanut Butter is probably one of my biggest weight gain causes over the past few years! I became quite addicted to some sweets called Reeses Cups which are filled with the stuff. I would eat pack after pack, maybe 6 packets at a time. I could also happily open a jar of peanut butter and get a spoon and dive in. Thankfully I have not done these things for a while but I’m left with the consequences!

A late morning All..
    I was on 3G it was so slow, I could pick up messages but sending was impossible..

Quite sad we could hear the planes taking off this morning…never mind……well a strange thing happen over night..no comments Dave Not That..lol….Steve got up at 4 pm to go to the loo..he walked straight up didn’t realise till he was on the way back to bed, the nerve must of moved no pain for three hours…still although the pain has returned he is straight instead of bent in an L and looking on the floor and he can lift his arm above his head….and a letter arrived from the surgeon we go back to see him on 31st…

Pseu..
    Glad you didn’t get the bad weather, it’s been so bad…travelling back home a bit hard going it’s been misty with lots of spray and rain….what are your naughty treats then??

Hedgehog…
    Although a bit better pain wise ( at the moment) his spine isn’t better…I think once you see and know the problem I really wouldn’t want him to go…happier at home…he is wary to move just resting now…

The Birthday boy wants sticky pudd?? Why lava cake….I shall look that up…

Steves thinking of following me but maybe 1st Nov, as we have bread, potatoes and carb things in the freezer…he loves his breakfast cereal…he’s thinking about it…he’s happy on 5.2 …

Claire…
    I think reading the book is a good idea…it shows you why we are doing it…will you be starting tomorrow there will be a few of us fasting…help is always at hand…

Have a good day…

Jean x

Hedgehog…
    Ohhhh Lava Cake…I see now..ummm
    X

I didn’t read the book, I just looked it up online and watched the original documentary.

My vices are cheese and chocolate fat bombs. I put cheese in a bowl with dried chillis and salt, microwave it, and then eat it whilst it’s all warm and stretchy, mmm. I’m going to stop buying cheese unless I’m actually using it for a recipe. Ditto with the fat bombs, need to stop making them.

Afternoon all,it was 3am when I got to bed but was worth it,we beat the Stanley cup winners on their own rink.Roast beef tonight so I will have to make the Yorkshire pudding’s 😁fast days Monday and Thursday this week, rehab at the hospital gym Wednesday,hope that helps with weight loss.Still over two weeks to my weight in.

Pseu..
    Do you use ‘ lose it’ for your carbs App…..if you do….do you still deduct the fibre from carbs?

Sorry to be a nuisance..

Jean x

Lots of branches on the floor after the storm yesterday,had to tread carefully while out with Heidi.Stopped raining and the sun is trying to come out.Onky had a weight watchers biscuit to eat up to now, time for a cuppa I think.

Yes, starting tomorrow officially. Have cut down this past week, not had any bread, rice or pasta. I have not had many sweet items either in preparation for starting this new way of eating. I am looking forward to the challenge 😊

Well done Claire,you fasting tomorrow?Lot are on here.

Claire..
    It’s a bit hard at first, after a couple of weeks it gets a lot easier..strange you get so you miss fasting when on holiday etc..

Good luck we are all behind you…

Dave..
    You are having your roast beef dinner so you are not fasting…just going low…are you with us tomorrow? Pouring down with rain and dark all day here…

Jean x

Yes I am fasting tomorrow,back to normal days this week.

Really dull here but no rain so far, didnt seem worth going out anywhere this afternoon in case it poured, just a little walk with Xena round here.
    Pseudo- I’ll have to try the melted cheese thing!
    Jean- glad Steve has has a few hours respite from the pain, probably makes it seem worse when it comes back? I would be very tempted by sticky toffee pud, but the keto lava cake/ chocolate fondant is a good substitute!
    Dave- enjoy the roast beef!
    Claire- I love the Reece’s peanut butter chocolates too, they make me dribble when I see them in shops! Lots of us fast on a Monday, so if you find it hard check in here for some support & distraction!
    Xena is asleep right now, I need to be doing some cooking but don’t want to disturb her! Nephew popped in with hubby’s present earlier so she had a nice game with him. Hubby has been given so much chocolate for his birthday! & it’s all stuff I like too 😢😰

Jean, no I use Carb Manager. It’s unlikely you need to deduct the fibre as our labels in the UK have already done it. 🙂

I love Reese’s too. I love the bags of mini ones. And I don’t buy peanut butter anymore because it’s lethal. I never did it very often but occasionally I’d buy a jar of Nutella and a jar of peanut butter and eat them on the same spoon. Delicious. I try to avoid things with palm oil in, so that helps me not buy them.

Just made the Yorkshire’s,got the oven heating up, drooling now🤤🤤🤤

Yes, fasting tomorrow 👍

Dave…the link spot on…just like we are all doing 😀

Hope you enjoyed your dinner ..ours was lovely pork shoulder one of my favourites with Yorkshire pudd of course..

X

Morning all!
    Quick post- Xena a bit grumpy being woken at 6am when son had to get ready for work, she’s playing up a bit…
    I’ll be fasting today, if we go shopping it might be soup for me, if we don’t it’ll be a liquid fast as nothing to have!!
    Claire- hope your 1st fast is okay!

Morning all, feeling grim this morning, Monday morning and I’ve already had a guts full. Feeling a bit sick too, so no coffee, which would likely help perk me up. Fingers crossed it’ll go soon.
    Had a bit of a disturbing dream last night that I unexpectedly had a baby.

Morning Everyone. Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

What a miserable Monday morning….dark and wet 🙁

Thank you hedgehogs, so far so good!
    I weighed myself this morning and have actually lost 4kg since seeing the GP so it’s a good start before I even start!

So I have started today officially on my first fast day. Breakfast was 87 calories.

Hope everyone has a good day! 😊

I have weird dreams all the time, just ask my dad 😂😂😂

Morning All…

Dark and drizzling this morning…we are having lay ins these dark mornings about two hours later…

Steves holding his own aching and hurting but the severe pain seems to have passed…a nerve has definitely moved….strange I can kiss him face to face I have not done this for loads of months, as he has been bent and looking to the floor a lot longer than I thought…

We are both fasting today joining the Monday fasters…

Hedgehog..
    I did laugh a grumpy pup, she’s a girl she will soon come round…our Symba use to stamp when having a strop, usually you didn’t hear her…funny little animals..

Have a good shopping day…we are going out too…without the wheelchair??

Pseu..
    Hope you feel better….what a strange dream…wishful thinking? 😬

Katie..
    Have a good work day….hope the weather brightens..

Claire..
    Well done on the 4 kg..what a good start to work from 😀…shout if you need help…good breakfast for your start…I have had 174 cals, two boiled eggs and a cup of tea…

Have a good day all..

Jean x

Definitely not wishful thinking, it would be my worst nightmare!

Good morning everyone,just one cup of tea up to now,so going well,I should have food when I take my aspirin but will leave it on fast days for the time being.Very grey here but dry so I will take Heidi out for a walk.There was a man on TV just now who weighed 40 stone,he is hoping to lose half his body weight in a year,we should get him on here😁

Peru….
    😂.. me too ….4 is definitely enough !

Dave..
    Yes we could show him a thing or too.. have a good walk..

X

Shopping done, will try cauliflower & blue cheese soup later, might not be edible!!
    Claire- well done losing that already, great start!
    Pseudo- hope you soon feel better, I hate having weird dreams, it can put me out of sorts all day.
    Jean- glad Steve is in a bit less pain, hope it continues! Are you out today? Keep away from those cafes if you are!
    Dave- keep strong, you’ve got to set a good example to Claire as well!
    KL- hope you manage okay too!
    Minols- hoping you’ve gone somewhere lovely wild & remote for your trip with no wi-fi. If you do read this, have a great time!!
    Cakey, Lynne, DF, Kay- we miss you all, hope you’re all okay!

I’m hanging on in there, just getting lots of water down me at the moment to fill me up.

Food shopping at lunchtime today though which is always hard when you’re getting peckish, but I will try and stay strong.

although the scales haven’t really gone down, feel like my work trousers feel a bit looser on me today and looking in the mirror, my tummy doesn’t look as round as the last couple of weeks.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,451 through 19,500 (of 35,422 total)

You must be logged in to reply.