Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,935 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 6 hours, 46 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,451 through 16,500 (of 35,422 total)

• Hi all – what a lot of news!

Dave – glad the roof fixed… And really hoping you and Denise are passed the time of a cancellation call.

Kay – very rude about the job. Hope your back is beginning to ease now after a quiet day.

Jean – glad the grandson alright. Operations when you’re young are a weird experience.

Pseudouno… Have you survived your third day? You’re inspiring me to have a go at a b2b maybe Sunday/Monday. Both have often been fds for me but never together. But Sunday was often easy because my preoccupations got me a long way into the day without needing food, and if I can keep it ultra light in the evening g then it may be possible. Never ventured, nothing lost!

Anyway, normal FD for me tomorrow… Planning office work and visits, plus the hairdressers. 4th attempt at an apt – snow got in the way of the others. Going to get her to do the boy as well… His first ever pro cut!

Mx

So far so good,just dropped my son off near the Etihad stadium,he has gone to watch Manchester City Women play in the champions league,I am watching it on Facebook 😑I am thinking of buying a new phone, nearly got the Pixel 2 XL but will wait a little longer.

Denise has gone to bed,dont think she will sleep though,not sure what time i will go.probable around midnight.

Up at 4-30am,yawn,not used to this early morning thing, my son has gone to work, Heidi is the only one who has not got up, lazy bones,but I don’t blame her.It looking good for Denise’s operation so can’t complain,time for a cuppa then of to hospital.

Dave- thinking of Denise (& you) today, hope all goes well. Hope you’ve got your nurses uniform ready?
    Kay- hope your back has improved today?
    Lots of us fasting today? I’m helping with a Home-Start collection today, at M&S as we’re their charity for the year, but I will NOT look at their biscuits…
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Cancelled FD today,sat in hospital now,just waiting.

Morning All..
    Lovely day here..we are going on a group NW today in a Country Park, hope it works well..cafe at finish so maybe tea or coffee only…we are fasting today..

We have an outside fridge what is now working as a freezer..all milk frozen so that has to be taken to tip and another bought when back from caravan next week…could of done without the buy on that!

Grandson was kept in over night as daughter and SIL were in hotel and he had to have someone with him for 24 hours….so they will be making their way home soon…He was very lucky, the other apprentice who lives with him (20) has had the same thing, but not the op…he decided it was better to go straight to Hospital…the surgeon thought it would be a removal but he saved it….a good job he got there quick…sore but fine.

Dave..what an early start….hope all goes well and no cancellations 🤞

Hedgehog..have a good day at M &S today hope you get a lot of donations…No Biscuits!

Minols…have two good hair cuts… enjoy your visiting…

Have a good day to the fasters..

Jean x

Morning all.

Feeling awful this morning. Not been sleeping well recently and last night was the worst. So breaking a cardinal rule and going to the Italian cafe for real coffee (not decaf!) – by far the best coffee in town. Hoping to jump-start my day but not get too jumpy…

Dave – thinking of you and Denise playing a waiting game… Hoping all goes well. Trying REALLY hard not to imagine you in a nurses uniform – thanks for that, HH!

Joining the faster today – hope you have a great NW, Jean. And HH… Stay strong at M&S.

Mx

Morning everyone.

Finally on a NFD, though likely won’t be eating until later – I’m staying with my parents tonight and they eat fairly healthily so no worries there. Went to see Peter Rabbit last night, the animation was beautiful but I didn’t find it as funny as I would have liked – kept me away from the fridge for a couple of extra hours though. 🙂
    Off to try to buy a car tomorrow, not looking forward to that, could really do without the hassle.

Jean – Glad your grandson’s okay, that must have been a scare for him.

Dave – Hope everything does goes ahead as planned for you today, don’t blame you for cancelling the FD!

Minols – Yup, survived my third day fine though I was in a vile mood last night. That could have been due to any number of things though rather than fasting, I don’t tend to get hangry luckily. I don’t know if three days back-to-back is any more effective than splitting up my days, I just tend to do it because I find it easier.

Hope everyone is well. 🙂

Joining the fast today, stay strong all 🙂

Pseu, enjoy your NFD!! I changed my car the other week, wasn’t too stressful. Have you anything in mind?

Jean, enjoy walk. Its milder today, so should be nice 🙂

Minols, sorry your not sleeping well, coffee sounds good!

Dave, thinking of you today. Hope all goes well.

Hedgehogs, don’t look at the biscuits lol .. have a good day.

Kay, hope your feeling brighter today. Are you fasting too?

Hopefully back later.

Stay strong x

Morning everyone,

Dave, hope is going well for Denise. How long will she be in?

Jean, all very traumatic with your grandson, but a good outcome.

Hedgehogs, keep away from the biscuits.

Pseudo, enjoy your NFD. Do you know what car you want or are you hoping something takes your fancy? Is Dad going with you?

Annette, are you fasting today? Where in the UK do you live? We’re pretty much spread across the country.

CW, hope the travelling is going well.

Kay, it’s really frustrating when you don’t even get the courtesy of a call you to let you know if you got the job. Anything else in the pipeline?

Minols, enjoy the coffee, a bit of a FD treat.

DF, good luck with your FD, nearly the weekend.

I’ve woken this morning with a bit of a headache, so my cue to drink some more water, something I really struggle with.

Still need to sort someone to do the bathroom flooring, but running out of steam. I want to try and get the kitchen painted before Easter if I can, so I’ll check later how the wall is drying and get the last bit of sanding done.

Good luck today all fasters.

Lynne x

I quite fancy a Fiat 500, a blue one if I can find one in my price range. I’ve seen one, and there’s a silver one with pretty much the same specs but a fair bit cheaper. Don’t know if I want to settle for a silver one though when I’ve wanted a blue one for years. Yup, Dad will be coming along to give his expert opinion. 🙂
    My dream car is a Nissan Figaro, but since they’re pretty old I don’t think I could afford the repairs. One day maybe.
    It’s bitterly cold here today, I’m sitting in the office shivering.

I only wear my uniform at the weekend with my red high Heels,Denise kept telling me to go home and let Heidi out so i left her there and took Heidi for a walk,i will go back later,she is on my mind all the time so i cant wait to get back to her.She was third in line for her opp and by the time i left they said it would be around this time when she goes for surgery.

Dave, I know the waiting is awful. How long is the op expected to be? What time are you heading back?

Be careful in those heels or you’ll end up in the bed next to Denise.

Dave- give Heidi an extra hug, I’m sure she’ll be missing Denise, & probably have picked up on things… Red high heels, kinky you! Thinking of you both, really glad it wasn’t cancelled again…
    Jean- good news about the grandson. Have a lovely walk!
    Pseudo- hope the car hunting goes well; if you can wait for your dream one, I’d wait, but if you need one quick…
    Minols- hope you enjoyed the real coffee, keep strong & enjoy your haircuts! Not sleeping well either, it’s pain.
    Lynne- hope the headache goes, & you can get some painting done…
    DF- hope you have a sunny & not chilly walk at lunchtime!
    Well, I am approaching sainthood! After a very successful collection time (standing very near the Easter egg display, yum!) I did buy chocolate chip shortbread biscuits for hubby & boys- their favourite, & I will not eat them. I was going to be selfish & not bother as I can’t indulge, but I have risen above that, & they’re not tempting me!
    Stay strong all!

Well done, you – HH!

I’ve just been in to the kitchen to make myself Bovril, but my mind was still on the Easter stuff i’m writing and I came back through to the office having made a cup of decaf…automatic pilot!

Going to head home in about an hour as I’m thinking fo trying to eat something before I get too wildly hungry in the hope that and the distractions of after school will stop me eating the contents of the kitchen this evening.

Mx

Afternoon All..
    A good group of people chatty and did 7000 steps quite warm but very muddy and a cup of tea 😇…at the cafe…feel like we did a good workout…Steve is already on seeing them next week so that’s good…we may do different walks depending what we are up too…I think it’s Monday, Tuesday and Thursday different areas.

Catching another tea at home before a few jobs…car needs washing as going in early to take it in to service on a replacement bumper..they did a pigs ear on the tow bar I was not amused!…5 scratches and a bad job on cutting out a hole…haddock and chips may be calling it’s a while since we have had any and we near our lovely restaurant.

Pseu..good luck on finding a car it’s very time consuming ..did you look at “pick up limes .com” for recipes?

Dave..
    Always a long time when waiting..when Steve went in for his knees they sent me packing at 8 am till the next day…she will be fine..

Lynne..
    Hope you get the bathroom done for Easter…but it will get done when it gets done…😀..no worries..

DF .
    It’s lovely outside nice for your lunch time walk.

Hedgehog..
    Well done on the treats for the family…but not for you…lol

Minols..
    We are doing well…enjoy your coffee….

Keep strong the fasters..😀

Jean x

I had a quick look at Pick Up Limes last night, and had to quickly shut it down again because it was my FD. I’ll have a proper mooch over the weekend, thanks for the suggestion. 😀

Just made myself an amazing omelette. Sounds ridiculous but I’ve never made one before! Not a fan of eggs so I’ve added a little bit of parmesan, bacon and the tiniest bit of chorizo. I’ve tried to eat it slowly to allow my body time to know it’s been fed!

I work it out at between 250-300, so counting it at the upper end. And I’m experimenting with eating at the mid-point between last night and tomorrow morning to see if that makes it any easier to not cave in the evening.

Will be heading out soon to walk the dog, take the boy to the hairdressers, give him food and take him to Cubs before I go back to work for the first of my 2 meetings. Surely enough distraction to get me through to bed time?!

Good luck everyone.

Mx

Cleaned the car ready for tomorrow and Steve having to move shelves ready to put the fridge freezer in the garage next week..so that’s done too…both grumpy really I think but OK we were tired after the walking..

Pseu..
    I am not a veggie so not sure if her recipes are any good for you..I like her breakfasts…it never bothers me looking or is it drooling over recipes on a FD….I have a pile to do as testers when weight allows..

Minols..
    A nice omelette does fill you ..We often have one..lots of fillings to try to change it around…you are busy tonight it will keep you going…

How is everyone else doing?

Jean x

Which recipes of hers have you made (and liked), Jean?

Pseu..
    I do the toasted coconut and almond granola, the recipe lasts me a month. I have made that four times now. I do Chai jam which I put 1 tablespoon (20cals) on the granola or porridge …I can’t find that now, I don’t know if she’s taken it off, but I can post it if you want..it takes about 5 mins to make plus the defrost of berries. Lasts a week in the fridge, I make it every week.

That’s all up to now, she does cookies, muffins, smoothies and chocolate spread looks interesting but not at the moment maybe later. She says sometimes it’s a treat so have to watch how many you eat…lol

Jean x

I’m hopeless with chia, whenever I try to use them it just turns into slime. Lumpy slime. I know they swell up and are supposed to go jellyish, but what happened with my attempt at chia pudding was just another level, I had to toss it. It must be something I did though, since I know chia seeds are pretty popular.

Chai jam is really tasty…not as sweet as normal jam …just like broken down fruit I suppose..not slimy at all, those puddings wouldn’t be for me..

I sweeten with honey but you can use maple syrup too, I use two tablespoons but you can use up to four to make sweeter..it wouldn’t be any good on toast it doesn’t work..
    X

Pseudo- I think chia is like slime (I actually use it with water & cornflour to make slime for my friend’s children to play with, they love it!), I think the trick is to keep stirring it every so often when it’s left to soak to break the lumps up. I make a sort of porridge with it with peanut butter in.
    Do you like Tofu? I’ve just found a really nice ready-marinated brand in Tesco’s, & one helping is only 70cals, so brilliant for a FD meal with stir fry veg- having it tonight…
    Minols- I’m really boring & just do a cheese omelette, often ends up as a scrambled mess, but tastes great! Hope yours keeps you going!
    Jean- well done at the café, sainthood approaching for you as well!
    Dave- hope all’s gone well…
    I saw a friend this afternoon, she’s finding ’empty nest’ quite hard as her 18 year old son has moved away to a brilliant job, so she decided to do baking for us- eek, chocolate cookies, they look lovely & I can’t eat them 🙁
    My Mum invited us for dinner on Sunday- I tried to explain that I would bring something veggie for me as I’m avoiding carbs, she’d already got a couple of things bought for me to choose, so they’re going to have too much sugar in, think I might have offended her as she rang back today while I was out & cancelled it! They were doing something early the next day, so she used that as an excuse!
    Getting very hungry now, dinner soon…

We are all finished here a good day really…fitting the walking in over 14,000 steps which is very good for us..both aching, again good…looking at other places for the NW..

Hedgehog..
    Mother’s dont get offended…how long have you been a veggie is it new to you…

Steve’s younger daughter started being a veggie we always took her out to eat I never really knew what to cook for her, she did it for 5 years or so… she is back to bacon sandwiches etc now much easier for me…lol

I feel for your friend it can be very hard..I used to close the bedroom doors then you don’t know if they are in or out….I couldn’t do to see an empty tidy bedroom…..girls can be so untidy….glad they have changed now both very tidy and normal..lol……ummm chocolate cookies…Oh Noooo..

Jean x

Denise has had her operation,I am sat with her now, she is feeling a little sick but has had a drink of water and some toast,it took them ages to find her veins,an hour to find one in her back,the physio came round and said they will get her up for a few steps Heidi was behind the front door when I got back so I have took her out twice.

Good news Dave glad it’s all gone well..she will possibly be home in 4 days..if she can walk and go up and down steps..
    Then you can play nurse..and keep her up with the exercises..

Jean x

Dave- glad to hear that Denise is round safely. Funny to think how quickly they get you up & about- years ago it would’ve been days of bed rest then off to a convalescent home! Hope that Heidi’s okay, & hope you get a bit more sleep tonight…
    Jean- I’ve been a veggie for 34 years this Easter! So they’re used to it- I never mind bringing something for me if we go to dinner at someone’s house, as my family are difficult enough to feed as it is without catering for vegetarians, but usually they like to find a new recipe to try for me. She doesn’t usually get offended, but does seem to be behaving a bit differently these days…

Just a fast flying visit – what brand of tofu was it Hedgehogs? I had a hunt on the website can couldn’t see anything matching.

Just came across cauldron tofu, is that it by any chance?

Good news Dave, so pleased that Denise had her op this time and all seems to have gone to plan. She’ll be home soon with you and Heidi.

FD cancelled for me today.
    My back got much worse yesterday and by the evening I was in bits in spite of taking both paracetamol and ibuprofen.
    Fast forward to very little sleep and an emergency appt at docs this morning and some strong tablets needing food to take them with. Not sciatica, more likely muscular, so

Slept a bit today so less opportunity to eat!

Dave, great news about Denise. Physios are like the Borg in Star Trek, ‘resistance is futile’. Can’t knock them though or I’ll have Hannah on my back. Denise will be running around in no time.

Hedgehogs, I understand how your friend feels. The house always feels empty when Hannah goes back and I’ve still got Bec here.

Jean, I agree with girls being untidy. I try and get the girls to keep their rooms in order and nip in every few days to dust/vacuum/empty bins.

Pseudo, good look on the car hunt tomorrow.

Kay, hope the back eases up and you can get a good rest tonight.

Probably a bit over TDEE today, too much of a good thing again. Will probably fast Saturday now.

Lynne x

Psedo- it’s Tofoo co.- ready marinated. The Cauldron ready marinated one is okay, but this is nicer!
    Kay- sorry that your back’s worse, hope that the painkillers kick in soon!
    Lynne- it’s good with this that it’s not the end of the world if you go over!

Hope the physio`s don’t have metal in their heads😁spoiled Heidi with lots of chews,will see if she jumps on the bed now Denise won’t be there. Bed time for me.

Morning all!
    Dave- hope you & Heidi looked after each other last night! Better get those dog hairs off the bed before Denise comes home!! Tell her we’re thinking of her when you visit later…
    Kay- hope that the painkillers kick in soon- have you tried alternating hot & cold packs for your back as well? Helps my hubby.
    DF- were you fasting yesterday? Was it okay?
    Annette- are you still with us? And Cakey, how’s your week away been?
    Lynne, Jean, Pseudo, hope you have a good day, whatever you do!
    TYphoo- are you feeling up to a FD today, your usual day?
    I’m not too hungry so far so wondering about another FD, or at least no breakfast, & we’ve planned a nice low cal meal tonight (well, hubby’s won’t be, by the time he adds in baguette & couscous…) so it would be easy to do FD. We’ll see- we have to do shopping & then a haircut for me. Hubby quite likes the idea of me having my hair cut quite a bit shorter- I feel too exposed, not that it’s long now, so might just settle for a little for similar style, but a bit less of it! Have a picture of what I want to take to the hairdresser ready… At least it’s still cold, I can wear a hat!!
    BTW, talking of cold, I’ve heard from several people that ‘the beast from the east’ will be making it’s trilogy & returning over Easter- hope not!

Morning All..
    A bit early for me…off to the garage to get the car sorted then a bit of retail therapy..cream blouse or electric blue to go with my new trousers not a lot about at the moment…and a long underskirt thought it would look better under my new dresses…( I feel like I am getting like my Mum and I am getting to that age bless her…she died before my age now)

Weigh in ..a pound off each…Steve now below his lowest weight..Hooray…we must stay focused this next week while away…going to Lincoln for three nights, a re book after the bad weather.

Hedgehog..
    Hair cut for you..I went a bit shorter to get dead ends off..mine is a straight bob, I suppose 2” off my shoulders…I don’t like the sound of the weather coming back..enjoy your meal tonight see if the fast will fit in.

Kay..
    Hope your backs feeling better…humping to many boxes about? Rest up…

Dave..
    Hope all is ok with Denise…

Must dash….speak later in the day…

Jean x

Sorry Minols, I forgot to ask how your FD went- did you manage to get through the evening meetings okay- as ‘the woman who does not eat biscuits’?
    Enjoy the shopping Jean, well done to you & Steve about the weight!! I also seem to have shifted 2lbs this week, very pleased, but don’t know where from, the jeans aren’t any looser…

Morning all,

Yes, was fasting yesterday. It went well, although I was SO hungry!!

NFD today, and I’m glad its Friday.

Hope everyone has a good day 🙂

Hedgehog..
    Well done on the 2 lbs off… I wish.. lol..

I just don’t understand the weight gain, the loss, the eating, the not eating then there’s exercise a complete mystery 😂.. just keep going is the answer.

Enjoy M&S No biscuits.. I think it’s today or tomorrow.

DF..
    I am with you on being absolutely hungry.. my three fasts have made it a hard week, at least it moved a pound!

Looks like fish and chips for us, I thought Steve would change his mind but not.. we do like Fridays.. as long as it’s one day… it helps us be strong through the week.

Enjoy you lunch time walk.

Sat waiting for car as it’s not a long job about a hour or just over…

Have a good day everyone… and a good one to the fasters Pseu? I think..

Jean x

HI all

Yesterday one of my better FD – I think the protein at 2pm really helped. And now I’ve told a few people that I am a woman who does not eat biscuits it helps me stick to it!

Dave – hope Denise not too groggy when you go in. Anaesthetic takes a while to get completely out of your system. I thought I was in control right from when I woke up from my op…stories recounted later have me talking mince!

Having an ‘easy’ office day and a rehearsal with the primary school class designated as the ones doing the church assembly this year. I love getting a preview of what they have planned (less fun trying to sort out how to get them all heard with our complicated sound system!). And then tonight the boy and I are out for ‘dinner’ (Pancake Place) before shinty. OH working late all week for the stock take.

Jean – you say mothers don’t take offence…my gran didn’t talk to my dad for weeks once after she felt he’d hurried her out of the house, and not been sufficiently flattering about her new cape when she came back up the path to point it out to him – I think my Dad quite enjoyed the peace. And that wasn’t the first time. Fortunately there was a falling out when I was born…so I didn’t get given the family name as she’d expected!

Mx

Morning everyone,

Dave, give our regards to Denise. Hope you’ve got the ice packs ready and Heidi trained to keep out of the way of crutches.

Minols, ‘dinner’ sounds like a wonderful idea, especially if it includes pancakes.

Jean, hope the car if sorted to your satisfaction and the haddock is good. Good loss for you and Steve.

Hedgehogs, well done on the 2lb, clear a reward for your saintly biscuit avoidance.

DF, enjoy your weekend.

Typh00, not heard from you. You okay?

Kay, hope the back is better today. Keep moving but don’t overdo it.

CW, hope you’re making your way home for the weekend.

Annette, when are you planning your next fast?

Trying to stick with liquids until Hannah comes home this evening, then probably chip shop and fasting tomorrow.

A ‘planning’ day today I think. Still quite a bit I want to get done, but running out of time, so need to prioritise and make sure I’m realistic about what I can achieve. I’ll still be able to finish off some bits and pieces when I start back to work as the first week is only 2 half days, increasing by a half day a week with a plan to be at full time by end of week 8.

My manager thinks I should just work half days for a while before looking to go full time, I’ll see how it goes. It’s making me feel valued and the prospect of returning not so daunting.

Off now to make yet another spreadsheet (quite sad and really like a good spreadsheet), and a couple of lists. Like being back a work.

Lynne x

Heidi makes me laugh,she usually hobbles up the stairs but last night no problems,she sees me take my glasses off and she is up the stairs,she must have lept on the bed which she usually struggles to do, I had to move her so I could get into bed,she lay on the top of the bed for an hour then got on the floor the rest of the night. She came downstairs at 8am had a look for Denise then came back up. Got to do my neighbours shopping now then have something to eat before I go and see Denise,my son is coming with me today.

Lynne- your manager sounds so understanding, it’s great that they’re being so helpful to get you back, they’ve obviously missed you! Love lists too…
    Dave- hope Denise is not in too much pain when you see her- make sure the staff know she has to do stairs when she gets home, they might be able to give her some pointers…
    Minols- I have pancake envy… have a lovely meal out! & hope that you get the sound system sorted, know that well, from when I used to help out…
    DF- well done sticking to yesterday, now you can enjoy the weekend!
    Jean & Lynne- fish & chips- yum, enjoy it!
    Hair done, looks nice, hubby every pleased, nothing like the picture I showed the hairdresser, a lot shorter, I feel quite exposed…See if the boys notice tonight.
    Feel surprisingly not hungry! Reading up on keto, that is supposed to happen when your body adjusts, not sure if it’s that, but it’s welcome!

Afternoon All..
    Car sorted I think it’s all ok this time…tomorrow we put the tow bar on, so hope everything is better and it doesn’t slice your hand!!

A good shop for me 3 tee shirts (2 wicky walking ones) and 2 full underskirts and 3 knickers..so good for me nothing for Steve….fantastic haddock and chips, left 3/4 of chips, loads, and no bread and butter…just so full.

Minols..
    Maybe all Mums aren’t the same then…Steve not spoken to his daughter for the month, I think he is going to text her and see if she wants to talk later…time flies and arguments aren’t sorted, it just gets worse.

Hope the plays good, things go wrong and it’s funny…enjoy your pancakes later with the boy..

Lynne..
    Hope you get a plan in place and tidy up the loose ends on jobs not finished…your manager must think a lot about you to ease you in, not many about. Daughters Head has been understanding with her having to go down south and pick grandson up, she had 2 days off school back in today, hubby having a loo day off to fetch and carry drinks, meals etc He is in bed very sore..

Dave..
    Heidi must wonder where Denise is..hope she isn’t in too much pain today…chase the nurses for painkillers…

Hedgehog..
    Is your hair curly or straight..how short is it? Hope you are pleased with it.

Body going into keto…breath smells awful…or it did me and most people.😬..but it’s burning fat…you can get wee sticks to test and see if you are in keto from the chemist..

Having a coffee then re packing the car with all our bits what live there..

Jean x

Hello,

Don’t worry I haven’t kicked the bucket 😉 just been taking time to get better. Starting to eat a little more now wish I knew what the cause was for feeling like that.

Im sure Tesco are trying to test my will power and ruin my diet as they have decided to move the vegetarian food opposite the Easter eggs.

No FD today but I’m planning on doing my usual Monday so good luck to everyone who is fasting today and over the weekend.

Glad you still with us Typh00 and starting to feel better.

Dave, hope Denise is recovering well. Sounds like Heidi is taking advantage of the situation. Don’t blame her 😁

I’ve had an awful couple of days with my back. I think it is a trapped nerve rather than muscular as the pain is horrendous. Can’t get comfortable in any position and definitely can’t do any stretching as they suggest. The naproxen upset my stomach and I was up a lot in the night being sick so I have had to stop them. I’ve gone back on normal ibuprofen but they aren’t strong enough. The co codamol I’m on aren’t really helping the pain but I think they are making me sleep as I keep napping!
    Hopefully I will be a bit less uncomfortable tomorrow and less feeling sorry for myself 🙁

Catch everyone tomorrow x

Typh00, good to know you’re still alive and kicking. Take it easy over the weekend and keep clear of the Easter eggs.

Kay, your back sounds awful. There’s nothing worse than feeling rough and then medication making you sick. Have you tried ibuprofen gel? May be an idea if your stomach is sensitive to the naproxen, or get your GP to prescribe some Omeprazole. Hope you manage to find some relief.

Kay- that sounds really rough, second what Lynne says… Hope it improves very soon & thinking of you.
    Typhoo- are you vegetarian? Didn’t realise that! Stay strong with the Easter foods, glad you’re feeling better.
    Lynne- hope you had a nice meal out with your girls, & that your lists & planning are going well!
    Dave- how’s Denise? & Heidi?
    Jean- hope that the tow bar works okay & that you’re happy with the job! The NW group sounds great! Hope that grandson’s healing well too… My hair is mainly straight, with a few annoying kinks in wrong places! It’s really fine so I’ve never had a bob, but would’ve loved one! It’s pretty short now, I’m pleased, the boys weren’t impressed, not taking any notice of them…
    I’ve not noticed the keto breath- no-one else has mentioned it either, maybe too polite! I did think about getting the sticks but have read up & a lot of people say they’re not really accurate, so didn’t bother.
    Cakey- have you had a good week?
    Pseudo- enjoy the car hunting!
    DF- have a nice weekend, whatever you’re up to!
    Minols, you too. How did the school assembly go?
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone…
    Enjoying a nonFD today- yesterday was pretty easy until about 4pm, but we didn’t eat until 7pm, so a long wait for dinner!

Morning All..

We are off to York today meeting our friends for lunch…they are at their holiday cottage so it’s about half way, York will be busy so it would be better somewhere else but never mind…

Taking their family tree of their old cottage from 1861, on who lived there…hope they like it..we researched it last month or so..it’s in two picture frames…it’s a present for the house it’s not their present!

Day doesn’t look too bad, we park and ride as not much parking in York.

I am on neighbours cat duty..I have to go and see her and I like to give her a cuddle and feed her…she can go out if she wants too.

Tyhpoo..
    Hope you soon feel yourself again…and keep off the Easter Eggs..they are testing you…lol

Kay..
    You sound awful..if it’s sciatica it’s really painful, just rest up and get in a comfy position…when I had it 111 told me to walk around the village, I could hardly get to the loo! I lost all faith in them, I would never ever ring them ever again. Ask the doctor to give you different tablets which help you better..there are others..

Are you taking ibuprofen and co codomol together, two of each every 6 hours?..(and a laxative they tend to block you) take care…💕..

Hedgehog..
    A couple more group NW planned, Thursday again with same group, then the week after a different place and group. Have a good NFD today…

Cat duty calls…back later pm…have a good weekend everybody…we will be fasting Sunday.

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 16,451 through 16,500 (of 35,422 total)

You must be logged in to reply.