Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,940 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Nanafixit 2 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,301 through 16,350 (of 35,427 total)

• Still doing well 2 cups of tea,my son will get a refund from Travelodge, and is awaiting for a reply from the train.Ordered a table and six chairs from Ikea, they are coming on Friday.

We are doing ok, a fair few drinks had…homemade vegetable soup soon with a couple of slices of bread this evening…

Dave…good news on the refund for your son on the hotel…he should get something back off the train..you sound as if you are doing ok yourself…good you found your table and chairs it keeps you out the house and busy…

Minols..sounds as if you are doing well and not thinking of biscuits…hope you got out visiting this afternoon and kept busy..

Jean x

TyphOO. Here I am, innocently scrolling through recent posts and I see the words “Ginger snaps”. I find your thread and you are talking about ginger cake and custard. What are you, a saboteur?

Well….all finished now roll on breakfast…wondering if I can miss breakfast and excerise on a fasting stomach and burn the fat…ummm we will see…

Good luck keep strong through the evening everybody….that doesn’t bother us we will be fine..

Jean x

Penguin

Moir a saboteur never just a couple of my favourite things but not today as I’m fasting and need to lose a few more pounds 😎.

Sat here with a cup of coffee reading through all the posts and good to see everyone doing so well,

Well, the dog is licking out the goulash pot and it seems to have been a successful winter-warmer for everybody. Really not difficult and after 2.5 hours in the oven the sauce is as rich and thick as you like. Yum! Comes in at 275 calories.

Just going to finish off a little work, and try and stay away from anything nibble-like.

Hope everyone else has had a good day.

Mx

Typ00. I am in foreign parts, half way through a break from the snow I had to dig out to get here. I was intending to have a 600 cal fast day today, but somehow I found myself sitting in the sun, drinking things with alcohol in them and reading about other things with ginger in them. If you haven’t already found them, Lidl Ginger Nut packs are bigger than anyone else’s and 25 pence a time. Am I allowed to say that on a 5:2 site without being banished?

Penguin

I don’t think you would get banished anywhere for saying that about the ginger biscuits and I’m not sure if anyone else has noticed yet
    😉.

Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow as I’ve had no food since yesterday evening.

Seems like you all did well with the fast yesterday! & am glad to see that I’m not the only one talking about food, that’s been going on without me, so I’m getting off the naughty step!
    Jean- hope that your Nordic walking goes well today, & that rain holds off. I went out for a walk yesterday & it was really muddy & slippery, wished I’d got walking poles! I’m sure the little weight gain will soon come off again!
    Minols- sounds like you did really well yesterday, & the kindle recipe idea worked well!
    Dave- glad that your son has got some money back..
    Lynne- hope the new bathroom goes well & no more hiccups. Well done with the weight loss last week…
    Still have a few bits of food left to finish up today, then will get back on board & doing low carb too… will plan meals properly & go shopping today…

Morning All..
    A bright day for our Nordic Walking…finish the course and get our ‘ Freedom Passport’ which means we can join any of their walks all over the country and possibly the world. It’s just learning the technique so you don’t damage any muscles and get the best out of it…

2lbs have disappeared from Mother’s Day food so pleased, still 1lb up, time to go before weigh in on Friday.

All this talk about ginger biscuits…that’s one biscuit I don’t eat…I used to buy them for the children when they were small, it kept me off eating them….

Hedgehog..
    Just a bit more food for you to eat then have you back on board…lovely having food days and family but not good for our way of eating…

Hoping to get our poles ordered we get a discount with the ‘passport’, hope we get it today. We are going away Sunday I would like to get them if we can…

Lynne..
    Hope all your bits have arrived for your plumber to start today…

Minols, Typhoo and Dave..glad the FD was completed well…with no biscuits…ginger or otherwise..

Jean x

Jean, check out Lidl. They have walking hiking poles from 18th. Not sure if they’ll be any good but worth a look.

Morning everyone

Jean, a lovely bright day here for walking, hope it’s not too muddy.

Hedgehogs, I hate food waste. Soon all be gone and you’ll be back on the straight and narrow.

Typh00, decided to ignore the biscuit debate yesterday evening, but for the record the only ones I don’t like are jammy dodgers.

Minols, glad the goulash was a success, even with the dog.

CW, were you fasting yesterday? How did it go?

Dave, good news that your son got a partial refund but so frustrating.

Bathroom going well. Some bits ahead of schedule, some behind. Usual story.

Need to pop and get a few bits for the plumber and make the first of the trips to the tip. Last twice I’ve forgotten address ID, so driving licence is in my pocket ready.

Just coffee so far for me, may have a oatcakes, small piece of cheese an apple and a pear for lunch. Not too bad calorie wise and tasty.

Catch you all later.

Lynne x

Think i went over slightly on my fast day, but i am always below my TDEE so hopefully i will be ok,My tinnitus was driving me mad yesterday really loud and i have a cut on my leg,don’t know where it has com from, hope its not cellulitis coming back. Turkey burgers for tea so i may add a poached egg and beans,dont think that is too many calories.Heidi is looking at me with take me walkies eyes, so i better take her.

Had my usual breakfast this morning of weetabix and a generous helping of raisins to break my fast.

Trying to stay away from the junk food for a few days at least not sure how successful it will be though as I need to go shopping and those hot cross buns will start calling my name again.

Good luck to everyone fasting today stay strong and remember it’s only for one day.

Internet’s been off all day- eldest’s day off, he’s been traumatised, bored & very silly, broke my washing basket playing catch with it… Do they ever grow up?!
    Lynne- hope all’s going okay with the bathroom. Do you have to show ID at the tip, or did I misunderstand?
    Jean- well done passing your walking course! My Mum uses poles, not Nordic walking though, just to stop her falling over (we won’t take her out otherwise, don’t want any more broken wrists!!) We had a nice walk today, I missed one turning so we went further than planned, Mum didn’t notice!
    Dave- hope your leg heals okay. Tinnitus is horrible- do you use headphones?
    Typhoo- Asda hot cross buns are definitely the best, no-one will eat them in our house from any other shops! Hope you can keep away from them!
    Cakey- hope you’re okay!
    Minols- hope the biscuit talk hasn’t set you off?!
    Kay- hope you’re settling in?

No headphones,or very occasionally,I used to have hearing aids that played white noise, but not got them anymore.

Hi All..
    Worked really hard today really felt the walking 90 mins…so we both have passed for the freedom passport..Steve did really well as he finds it hard sometimes…so all good.

We have sent away for the Nordic poles…Lynne they are quite different and not many shops sell them..we sent away to their head office shop and got a discount..they will come Thursday or Friday..we are going away in the caravan to Lincoln on Sunday for three nights, so hope to test them out…

Lynne..
    Hope your bathroom is coming together..strange to have to show ID for the tip, we don’t here…I just love Jammy dodgers…I take 10 packets to Louisiana, top of the list of favourites and I try and keep off them…

Typhoo..
    A good idea on the raisins for breakfast, didn’t think of that one …

Hedgehog..
    I am afraid some just don’t grow up..we have a 47 year old, Steve’s daughter was expecting us to help pay for her 3rd wedding, he did the first and gave them a deposit towards a house, we gave money to the second wedding, and the answer is No to the third..she is not speaking to us now, it’s been 10 days!…wanting to spend £12,000 plus the rest..she has no money…but wants 150 people at the wedding.

Dave..
    Hoping your ears improve it’s not nice…

Have a good evening everyone…

Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- eek, you’d mentioned Steve’s daughter not talking to you, that’s ridiculous at her age! 3rd time around you’d think it would just be a quiet wedding! Is that the daughter who does the motorway patrolling? A few days away sounds good, have you planned a walk where you’re going to test the poles?
    FD for me, & counting carbs… I’m a technophobe so no gadgets to help with that, good old fashioned writing it down! Anyone with me today?

Hello

Treading water at present. I’ll settle for not putting anything on and hope the I’ll find the motivation again soon as it’s so up and down.

Sorry to hear about step daughter not speaking Jean, that’s quite heart-breaking and I feel for you both. Glad to hear about your Nordic walking, that has been quite a revelation. So much to do out there once you start to look. I have a list of things I want to do such as learn calligraphy, join a book club and learn to play bridge. As well as more walking and yoga.

I’m avoiding the biscuit talk, I tend not to buy them but I’m not too tempted if they are in the cupboard. I do have a weakness for chocolate, but I bought some lovely green and black dark chocolate and one piece seems to satisfy.

Typhoo my husband has weetabix every day without fail, i think it’s a good filling, yet comforting breakfast although I probably prefer porridge.

Hope bathroom still going well Lynne? Are you getting it all redone? Sorry I may have missed earlier posts. Am sure it will be lovely when it’s done. Always an unheaval and expensive job but fortunately not one that’s ne FD too often.

Goulash sounds good, I’m off to look up the recipe Minols. We’ve been eating out of the freezer for a couple of weeks as it still had stuff in that I’d bought for Christmas but now down to random things. Need to plan the meals a bit better before going to Sainsbury’s. I used to do it quite well but now there is just 2 of us, both trying to fast and either I’m away or husband working late, we often end up eating lighter snacks. No excuse really as it’s just lack of planning, need to use slow cooker more.

Long train journey today, going to plan next weeks meals and shopping list 🙂

CW

Morning All…
    Lovely morning here..

It’s going to be an outside day, loads of moss on our lower roof, birds throwing it all over…so up a ladder for me and see if I can get most of it off, thought I could poke it off with my clothes pole?? Then rinse off with hose pipe, wall at the front wants jet washing, if that’s out the car needs cleaning…working around to up and down, inside and out windows 😬 hate that job….

Aching a bit today but nicely…a low day food wise, Steve has decided cheese on toast tonight so I will go with that…getting out of cooking is always nice…I think that’s the best thing of a FD, it’s like having a day off..don’t get me wrong I do like cooking but it’s always nice to have a day off….lol

Hedgehog..
    Families if it’s not one it’s the other..the traffic officer daughters lovely definitely single, loves her job..she lives with her flat mate, loves the animals as their children, her flatmate goes out with men sometimes but then they get on her nerves..funny life..I think daughter may of had a bad experience with men and it’s put her off..our thoughts. The other daughter has given grief since she was 12 and it’s never improved, she is getting worse. Steve’s bailed her out too many times, with money and help, me too…the line has now got to be drawn, now retired the money we have has to last us..

We are staying on a farm, but it looks lovely..1 1/2 mile dog walking area around the Farm, maybe a practice every morning..just three nights, a visit into Lincoln.

Have a good FD..we are having a very low day so sort of joining you…

Cakey Wakey..
    It’s nice to have things on a tick list…when you have time…how is your hubby doing fasting? Easier when you both do it together..good luck on the train journey hope it passes quick…time to plan some meals for when you come back home…

Lynne..
    Hope alls going well with the bathroom and you have found some shower panels to suit your tiles..

Tea to drink and get wrapped up in old clothes for jobs..Steve will be supervising the ladder ( can’t climb with his new knees)..and I like jet washing he leaves me too it, he wouldn’t dare encroach..😂

Have a good day

Jean x

Morning everyone

Just got back from blood tests, Jean it’s freezing here, certainly not jet wash weather.

Hedgehogs, I’m with you fasting today. Need to make a few more trips to the ‘recycling centre’ to clear bathroom stuff. Here you have to prove your address, they must be getting people from neighbouring areas, but a bit short sighted really as I’d rather people go there than fly tip.

CW, I had a disabled wet room so everything is changing apart from the tiles. Can’t wait to have a bath.

Typh00, I’m beginning to think you’re a bit of a bad influence with all the talk of biscuits and hot cross buns. I vote for Asda as well, but obviously because of other’s recommendations rather than personal experience. Well maybe just once.

Dave, tinnitus is so frustrating. I thought for ages that everyone could hear what I heard. Waiting for a referral now to have my hearing checked, but I think it’s just the frequency of some things match my ‘tinnitus tone’.

Shower panels due to arrive today, having second thoughts that I’ll like them, but they were very reasonable, and I think I could probably replace them myself if they don’t grow on me.

Think it may be soup later, really chilly here today but at least the snow forecast for the weekend has now been cancelled.

Lynne x

Hello everyone!

Annette from Oxford here, this is my very first post and after reading through all your comments I thought I’d brave it and say hi.

I have read through my Fast Diet book and am trying to decide when to start. If you don’t mind me asking ‘how did you all decide which day/s were going to be your fast days?’ Do you just decide on them when looking at the week ahead?

Any insight would be most welcomed 🙂

Thank you all in advance,

Annette x

Lynne..
    Quite pleasant, I only had a fleece on…we have finished the roof and we have done two gutters..took us longer than the 10 mins Steve said! a couple of hours…we decided against the jet wash as it could of given us lines as it took muck off….looks much better…all other jobs held over to another day..just a small job at the caravan later or pick up phone number…

I am sure your panels will look fine, you sound a bit like me I get unsure on change..hope your blood results are fine and not a worry..is it your thyroid tests? Good luck on your FD..

Annette..
    Welcome I hope you will join us, lots of support on here if you need it…We ( hubby) do Monday and Thursday and have Friday off as a treat day, meal out, alcohol, a cake..lol
    Friday is our weigh in day first thing in the morning, Friday as I say is day off, things happen at weekend so we fast Monday..to get any weekend weight off..Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday very tight and thoughtful eating keeping under your TDEE ( top right of screen find what yours is) Thursday fast. Fingers crossed Friday morning 😂
    Make a note of your weekly weight, measure yourself bust, waist, hips tops of legs and do that now and then monthly, sometimes you loose inches and weight stays the same.
    A bit hard the first few weeks but it does get better and an eating pattern develops..the support on here is great and always someone about, a bit quiet at a weekend when people are more busy.

Jean x

Hi Jean

Thank you for your reply. I got a bit fuddled over the TDEE as it says it’s 2598!!! That seems like loads, but then I am 16st 4lbs so I guess it’s relative. I don’t think I could ever consume that much unless I got locked in the back room at a bakery!

I like the reasoning of the Monday and Thursday Fast days, will give it a go tomorrow and see how I fair.

As I said thank you for your reply, really am grateful, this is all a bit new and I was more than a little apprehensive of posting incase it came across as silly.

Annette x

Annette I do Monday and Thursday also it spreads it out nicely,I have lost 17 lbs since January so it’s going well. Keep an eye on the TDEE it reduces when you lose weight. Keep posting on here,it does help,and there are always people about.
    Dave.

Annette, welcome, glad you stopped lurking and decided to join us.

I think it’s a great idea to do your first fast tomorrow, it’s not something you need to build up to, just do. I’ve summarised some of my findings below. I’ve been fasting for 14 mths and lost 3 stone in that time. It took me 18 mths to lose just under 2 stone by ‘eating less and moving more’ before finding 5:2 and I always felt deprived.

Fasting is more about your mind than your body. You will feel hungry, but it’ll pass.

When I start feeling peckish I try to drink water as that’s something I never do enough of.

Keep busy. Your energy levels wont change much, even though you’ll think they will, and it’s good to distract yourself.

If you plan a fast day, but it doesn’t happen for whatever reason, just plan another one. This is not a diet and you can’t ‘fail’.

You may feel a bit colder, so have plenty of hot drinks. Bovril is good if you’re feeling in need of some salt.

Plan what you’re going to eat on your fast day. If you can, make it something you’ll really enjoy, so it’s almost a treat.

You shouldn’t need to overeat on the day after a fast, I often try to hold out until lunch which is somehow easier after a fast.

Eating on ‘normal’ days usually becomes more healthy as you don’t want to undo the good of a fast day.

There will be days when you blow it, and lock yourself in the back room of a bakery, but if it’s only occasionally like a birthday or special event it wont be a problem. This way of life is very adaptable.

I’m sure everyone will share their hints and tips. I’ve not lost weight fast, and there’s been a few times when I’ve struggled and my weight has gone up a bit, but one good fast day puts you back in control.

Most importantly keep posting here. When you stop things most of us have found you start to slide.

There’s probably more but post is getting a bit long. Hope it helps.

Lynne x

Brads27….

Well done! Also thank you for the advice. I’m tracking calories with the NutraCheck app which is really good.

Lynne…

Wow, thank you for the tips. I love Bovril and it didn’t even occur to me to use it as a warm drink!

I am doing the Couch to 5k and have found energy levels are pretty good. I am enjoying it which is a total surprise, normally I’d only be running if something was chasing me or after the ice cream man.

I think I’m ready to start so come Monday I’ll weigh in and begin with a Fast Day.

I am so glad I stopped lurking and posted, thanks all x

Well done for starting on Monday Annette,I do 800 calories on my fast day,but when I get lighter I will go to 600 calories,my goal weight is what you weigh now so a long way to go for me.
    I had not intended to do a fast day today but was not hungry so all I have had is a packet of oat biscuits 88 calories, and 3 cups of tea.

Annette,

Welcome to the forum I have my fast days on Monday and Friday not for any particular reason they just seem good days and also weigh myself every Monday morning.

I will try and keep the mention of hot cross buns, biscuits and such like to a minimum 😉.

For hot drink ideas when I need a change from coffee on a fast day I’ll have hot water with a good squirt of lemon juice it has a nice taste and is also healthy.

Sad news from my end…step daughters dog Bella, who had her back operation surgery a month ago …doing so well and started to play ball and go for her walk….she died a hour ago..

No news on what’s happened..there will be no talking to us or anyone for a good few days…

Xx

Jean

Just read about Bella and so sorry, she was doing so well. We’ve had our fair share of sadness across this thread of late.

Annette, so glad you’ve joined us – I’m bored with this lot!

Only kidding it’s the best forum and full of lovely supportive people. You’ll soon catch up with the chat, it can be a bit like a soap opera but sharing a little bit about ourselves keeps it friendly and helps us to support each other through good days and ginger snap days (mentioning no names)

I agree with all the top tips completely that Lynne has shared. My days (and husbands) are Monday and Wednesday, although he’s much better than me. I lost 3 stone but then got a bit complacent with the non fast days and put some of it back on. Watch out for the non fast days, we often find the fast days easier and the non fast days more hard to manage. My other top tip would be to stick with the same 2 days, especially in the early days. It can become to tempting to fast until lunchtime then give in and say ‘I’ll do it tomorrow’. Once you get the hang of it it becomes easier and you get more confident to swap days. In my first year I never changed or missed a single fast.

Otherwise don’t be concerned with a couple of side affects and if you need advice just shout. Headaches, heartburn and difficulty getting to sleep can be a coupe of them but they soon pass. Make sure you drink plenty.

Hope everyone that’s fasting today is going well. I’m having a CD (controlled day)

CW

Cakey Wakey…
    I don’t know why your post hasn’t come in….

Thanks a sad time too much of late for a few of us..

Strange on you talking of side effects…sleep is my big one on a fast night, 30 months now and it gets no better…no headaches for me…heart burn (GERD) I had this for 5 years really bad and tablets off doctor, mine went within the first month of the 5.2 diet and off all tablets..I only have tablets at Xmas and some holidays when eating crap food and no control with the cooking and over eating…interesting though…

Jean x

Jean- really sorry to hear about Bella, after she’d been through so much as well (& the family also).
    Annette- hi & welcome! The others have given you lots of advice- Monday seems like a good day to start fasting- it’s often nearly everyone on here so there’s lots of encouragement. I do alternate days, so my FDs vary. A lot of people work out their TDEE for what your goal weight is & eat to that so it gets you used to eating less, it’s up to you. I’d definitely measure your self though as well as weighing, I wish I’d done that! I find it easier not to eat until the evening as I find it seems to make me more hungry, but do whatever suits you. I tend to have either soup or an omelette for a FD meal, so I don’t have to think too much about cooking etc. We can always share recipes if you want as well.
    Lynne- the tip system sounds okay to perhaps put off builders dumping too much, but I agree, it must increase fly tipping! They’re so regimental at ours about what you can or can’t dump, it’s no wonder people leave stuff beside the road! Hope that you like the shower panels!
    Dave- well done you having an extra FD!
    Typhoo- I don’t mind foodie talk!
    Kept busy today to take my mind off eating- not as bad as I thought it’s be after indulging the last few days!

Starting our fasting now…who else is with us tomorrow..,Annette are you with us?

Bella apparently had a blood clot the vet told them…only by text so that’s all we know…

Jean x

Denise had made a roast lamb dinner so no fast day but about a 1000 calories below my TDEE😁so fast day tomorrow and try to keep it reasonable on Friday before my weigh in Saturday.

Morning all!
    I’m not fasting, but keeping carbs low so I feel like I’m with you…!
    Jean- I feel for your step-daughter, she must be devastated, thinking of her…
    Cakey- hope your train journey was okay & productive! I know how you feel about the motivation- I’ve had a few weeks like that, back on board a bit now… didn’t you have some things planned for summer to look good for? (was it a spa day & wedding?) Had you got the outfit in mind for it that you want to wear? Hopefully that’ll get you motivated! Have I missed another post from you?
    Lynne- did you survive yesterday? Was it liquid only?
    Dave- well done keeping low!
    I have nothing planned for today! Bliss! Will see what the weather’s like & may go for a long walk, or be lazy! Tomorrow nothing planned either, but will do cleaning then…
    Have a good day everyone else!

Morning everyone,

Jean, I’m so sorry to hear your sad news 🙁

I’ve decided to have a FD today, I need to get back into this now. I’ve been really careful through February and have lost what I wanted to, so now I want to get back to doing what works best for me, and this way of eating/life always made me feel so much better generally.

Its my first FD in a while, so I am expecting it may be a bit harder than they used to be, but I’ll give it a go.

Sorry for not replying individually, I really do need to go back and catch up. I think everyone’s still here, welcome to Annette!

I’m thinking of starting an accountability thread, just for me really, not sure what to do about that yet …

Wish me luck today! I may need it for the first few fasts …

Lovely to have you back DF! Well done losing the weight you wanted, so you’re just wanting to maintain now? Hopefully won’t be too difficult getting back into the fasting!!

Thankyou Hedgehogs!! I’m at my goal weight, so will try and maintain now. For a few weeks though I’m going to do 2 fast days, and then maybe go down to 1 a week? I used to love my fast days, so am hoping I get back into them okay 🙂 Nice to be back x

Morning..
    What an awful rainy day…

Hair colour this morning…..waiting for my Nordic Poles to arrive…I ache a lot from climbing the ladder yesterday I don’t think it’s the walking…different muscles..

I am not happy with my weight it’s on the increase, down and up all the time. Fasting today, I am seeing if I can go without breakfast till tonight’s meal.

I am thinking on NFDs, I do like my breakfast so maybe have it late, 10 or 11 then go through to evening meal..I have to change things as I am stuck in a rut and the 5.2 although it’s been very good to me I have to move this plateau/increasing weight…I have been doing the same for 30 months now……try and cut bread and potatoes out for the moment. Give it a month or so and see how I go…if we are out and about early I may have to alter a bit. MM says shake it about a bit.

Dave..
    Roast lamb…very nice..

Hedgehog and Cakey Wakey..
    I think a few of us have lost our way a bit, me coasting a bit…let’s get back on track for the summer.

Hedgehog..
    Do you think walking helps or just for toning and well being?…hoping it gets us fitter.

DF…
    Lovely to have you back…as you see above I need to sort myself out…we are caravanning on Sunday ( FD as travelling) so I need to be careful. Good luck on the accountability thread, a good idea, in personal stories maybe, I am there too…well done on moving the weight last month and getting back to goal.

We are fasting so a few of us today, us, DL, Dave, Annette, and a low day hedgehog….anyone else?

Jean x

Jean, its nice to be back 🙂 I know how you feel with the weight, its exactly how I was at the end of last year/January. Shaking things up does help. I’m sure the weight will start coming down again soon. Could it be muscle weight/water given that your walking more? When I up my exercise, I usually gain initially. Speaking of which, I do need to start exercising more. Still walking, but that’s all at the moment!

Morning everyone

Jean, so sorry to hear about Bella, I thought she’d passed all the danger points. I’m sure Steve’s daughter is devastated, I know Bella was her life.

DF, welcome back. So lovely to hear from you. Fasting is like riding a bike, you never forget. I’m sure you’ll be fine, but we’re all here.

Hedgehogs, hope you enjoy your ‘free’ day. Are you due to get snow again this weekend?

Dave, my mouth was watering at the mention of a lamb dinner, especially cooked by someone else.

Typh00 & Minols, are you covered by the current weather warning? Emergency supplies needed. Ginger snaps, custard creams?

Annette, not sure how you’re planning to measure calories for fast days (and ideally non fast days), but I think quite a few of use My Fitness Pal. Apologies if you already have this sorted, but this is a good time to do some planning ahead of Monday’s fast.

CW, hope the long train journey went well. I absolutely associate train journeys with snacking, so not a good one for me. You’ve had so much on lately with the house, I’m sure you’ll get back into a routine.

Yesterday instead of a liquid fast I decided to go to around 800 cals, and do the same today. I usually fast Friday, but planned to eat out with the girls so wanted to be a bit better than usual but not go crazy. May do a 500-800 fast Saturday as well.

Bright but showery here today, so not sure of plans. Decorating is calling, but don’t want to get in the plumber’s way. Windows need a bit of attention too, so may do what I can get to without being in the way. Hoping most of the bathroom will be in tonight and I can get up in the middle of the night and not need to traipse downstairs to use the facilities.

Have a great day everyone.

Lynne x

Hello everyone! I’ve not been on here for a few months though I’ve still been fasting I suspect I haven’t made much of a dent in the weight I put on over Christmas. No idea what I weigh at the moment, going crazy on the weekends is still my main problem.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Pseudo, we’ve missed you. If I remember correctly, Hedgehogs was only saying the other day she missed having another veggie on the group (sorry if I got that wrong).

Bathroom going well, but just discovered he can’t fit the new cushion flooring. Now searching for yet another tradesman.

Lynne x

DF…
    When you up the excerise, how long before it goes down again? Most days I am now getting 10,000 steps in, maybe light on a couple of days…I don’t feel I am doing enough to make muscle weight …

It’s lovely you got back to maintaining, I am about 7 lbs up at the moment…I don’t think I will ever be able to do one fast a week, still I am happy to continue with two.

Will my new Nordic Walking help me, I don’t know, hoping to do it three times a week….

Lynne..
    A question for you…liquid only does milk in the tea and coffee count as liquid?..iffy one that..lol…I suppose better than nothing….

Your lovely bathroom will be in tonight…Bec will be jumping in first as Hannah is away 😂…hope you are pleased with it…how are the shower panels looking?..just seen shame on the floor..

Pseu..
    Thinking about you…glad everything is going to plan and you are still fasting…are you going to join in again? or pass by when you can…take care…

Still going strong here nearly 12 noon and going ok without breakfast…early in day yet….tea and coffee.
    Everybody else OK?

Jean x

Jean, I’d probably gain on my first weigh-in after upping my exercise, and then the week after it will have gone again. Its frustrating, but I know its not fat I’m gaining, just water as my muscles start to repair themselves. Stay with it .. I’m still doing 2 fast days for the next few weeks, as I don’t feel 1 would be enough lol.

Made it to lunchtime, which is the tough part. Usually after my walk I’d be eating something around now. I can do it, just have to get back into the habit I suppose!

I’m focusing on how proud I’ll feel tomorrow with a good FD done and dusted.

Lynne, I hope your right about the FD’s and I soon get into them again. Just a month and a bit off and it feels so much harder! Especially when everyone else is eating lunch 😛

I have a party tomorrow night, so hopefully after a good day today, I will feel lighter and comfortable 🙂

Pseudo- lovely to have you back, I’ve missed you, fellow veggie! Good that you’ve still been fasting; it took me a while to lose the Christmas weight & I’ve just sort of been maintaining, not managed to lose any more. Back at it this week though!
    Lynne- yes, you were right! Eeek more bathroom hassles?! More waiting about for tradesmen… I think they are forecasting more snow for our area again, yes…
    Jean- wrap up warm for your weekend!! I don’t know how much walking helps with weight loss, unless you do a lot- when Josie was younger I’d walk her at least 2 hours a day & that did make a difference! But anything’s better than nothing, & it definitely improves your mood, I think. Was pleased I went out in the end- it’s cold & damp here, but I did over an hour’s march, so feel better for it!
    Stay strong!

Morning all – playing catch up today…

But wanted to say – hi Annette…and everything Lynne said in her post. I usually do Mon/Thurs pattern as well, but some weeks it just has to change. I’m just coming through a bad patch, and doing so by using the recipes in one of the FD books – really helping. Last night cooked coq au vin for the first time ever and so I’ve just finished a delicious portion of ‘leftover coq au vin whizzed up’ soup! Really needed it today as the wind is bitter and I’d got a bit cold. Normally don’t have anything so thick and substantial during the day as I get desperate in the evenings so try to only eat then.

Jean – so sorry about Bella…Rubbish! Hope Lincoln is still good, though.

Nice to have you back Pseu and DF (well done on getting to your happy point – like Jean, I’m up at the moment, and desperately trying to figure out how to get good again!)

Lynne…nearly new bath time! My sister went through something a bit similar to you and Phil, and a sumptuous bathroom has become a bit of a thing with her. She finally got one last year…to die for after we’d she’d needed to have.

Hope everyone fasting is surviving – Annette, how’s it going?

Mx

Has anyone done Zombie Run? I’m doing the 5k training app for it now, it’s pretty good, you have actors talking you through a storyline so it’s a bit more distracting than just running for no reason.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,301 through 16,350 (of 35,427 total)

You must be logged in to reply.