Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,940 replies, has 404 voices, and was last updated by  Nanafixit 4 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,651 through 5,700 (of 35,427 total)

• Hi KT

As you know what we are interested in is that you are losing a little weight and also getting healthy.

I’m not sure that you even need those as you are doing so well with just the limited calories.

Being healthy is the key. You are always welcome here.

Hi ginette

I have given myself a good talking too.. been for a walk 3 miles, so burning calories. I have sorted out my evening meal so I am aiming for a VERY GOOD DAY!

KT nice to hear from you.

Think jean should be home soon from her night away.

Have a good day all

Audrey

Afternoon All,

Returned from our weekend away. Step D very suprised to see us and we hid the car and she didn’t see it so all went well.

The hotel was beautiful, The Titanic, in Liverpool, very industrial warehouse very carefully restored into a lovely atmosphere hotel. The bedrooms were very large, 6′ bed, three seater settee and chair coffee table. Overlooking the side of the dock although the area is still being improved.

We had a different meal experience, a BBQ carvery brought to the table, they kept coming with all different meats until you were full…..ate loads….off the radar stopped counting the calories and enjoyed the wine!

FD for us today, very full after the meal last night…only had 240 calories for breakfast so on track but more than I usually have. Stay low for rest of day.

Jan..
    Welcome to our corner, hoping your FD day goes well, it does get easier a bit hard for the first couple of weeks.

Audrey..
    Hope you get some gardening in before the weather changes.

We need to get the big stick out if you keep slipping..lol…come on you are on your own so no excuses..😇

Ginette..
    I paid £1.49 for my model , I didn’t know she was free. Still I have given her a blonde bob hair cut like me…and she’s loosing weight..lol…lol and she has made me go for another 7 lbs off! She has to be good to have!

Cmum..
    You should give your OH a duster…he will never change. Rest up yourself and have some TLC .

KT..
    The diets working for you …so you do it your way….as long the weights going down…that’s good.

Jean x

Hi KT

I missed your walk, well done, you are meant to work up gradually with exercise so I’m sure that is why you feel it. Start lower and work up over a couple of weeks.

Hi Audrey

Well done, three miles seems like a really long walk to me.

Hi Jean

Glad your step d was surprised. The hotel sounds lovely, I would love to stay there, also the meal dies as well, was this at the hotel? Good luck for today, did my model prompt you that you needed to lose more or was that you who decided. Maybe I need to update it. I shall check.

I am just going to look up that hotel online as they must have pictures.

Ginette,

The model shows three pictures, your start weight, what I am now and the weight you want to finish at.

Looking at the finish weight, 7 lbs more weight off made me look better…so that’s were I hope to finish.

Mine also swizzles around so you can see the front, each of your sides and your bum.

I can give her different face, nose and eyes, clothes and hair style and hair colour, different skin tones.

Is it the same as yours?

I quite like her..

The food was near the waterfront shops, they are around the country but I have not seen them around my area… http://www.bembrasilrestaurants.com

Lunch menu £13.95..noon to 16.00
    Dinner menu £26 ..16.00 to 22.30…
    A bit expensive but everywhere was full. It was very good but only for meat eaters.
    The veggi option didn’t look so good.

Xx

Good day
    FD for me, so good so far. Don’t think things have been going well recently. I’m doing FD alright but my scales are telling differently. I am feeling very stressed at the moment. Having lots of palpitations and chest tightening’s. I’m going for the comfort food options which is what I do at times like these. It makes me angry at myself.
    Ginette
    I’ve down loaded the sleep and stress links you gave me. Will give it a try and hope it helps me sleep. I’m so tired.
    Everyone else seems to have it together with their diet and exercise.

Drizzling here today.

FD finished …counting in at 600 calories a bit too much really but I am ok with that….it’s a one off…..not as bad as I thought before I went away…may fast to lunch tomorrow to pull back a bit.

Are you being good Audrey…we are watching you…..😇

Cmum..
    You have had a lot going on no wonder you are stressed….maybe you are on a bit of a plateau…if you are doing good FD s…I have just had a three week one!

X

Hi Sym yes I am being good 😇😇.

I am well under 500 kcals and I am now on over 15,000 steps..

Today should help with weight loss…

Cmum I too am struggling at the moment. Just stick with it shout if you need me..

Audrey

15,000 steps 😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

Good girl. Lol

Thanks, ladies but I’m afraid to say I couldn’t control myself this evening and ate way to much. The urge was overwhelming and as always felt really bad afterwards. I’m forgetting today and will still have my 2 FD this week but I think I need to eat better for the rest of the week to get back on track. Exercise would help but with my damaged patella on my Right knee I’m very restricted in how far I can walk. Dr says I need a new knee. I’m a coward so I’m putting it off.
    Going to bed and will try the sleep relaxation down load. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jean

Yes it is the same. I can’t remember paying for it though it was a long time ago about 18 months I think.

At the moment I am pleased with what I have set for my end weight. I may adjust it later, that is too far away to worry about yet.

I shall look up the restaurant when I have posted. The hotel looks lovely.

You had a much better day that I had regarding food.

Hi CMum

This was a really bad fast day for me, I had a magnum in the fridge, I got them as I went to my neighbours to watch a film yesterday and had one left over. It went about tea time. Then I indulged on other things. My appointment was cancelled with my trainer as he has family problems and remade for next week……. So no reason to be really strict I told myself. I shall have to have 2 good ones later in the week. I am on the naughty step tonight. Weigh in tomorrow……so silly of me.

We must both be good for the rest of the week.

Hi Audrey

You really did well today with exercise. Puts me to shame. I had a nice rest after a busy weekend.

See you all tomorrow.

By the way CMum I hope the download helps, it takes me two or three days to really see a change but I always fall asleep to it and mine isn’t the one to fall asleep to!!

iPad coming to bad with me again tonight. I turn the Internet off as I don’t want to hear emails coming in tomorrow morning.

Let me know how you get on. X

Morning all

Well I did my fast day yesterday have been on scales and confession time have to tell you all I am 10 lbs up on my lowest weight this year.

It has happened very slowly I seem to have lost my mojo.

I am really worried about this holiday as its my birthday I know it will mean lots of family meals out…

Audrey

Hi Audrey

As you know I gor to this stage at the beginning of the year, I had enjoyed about 2 months off although still fasting but NFDs were very random, no pattern and no control. With Christmas in the mix as well I wasn’t doing well. It took me time to get there, the FBD did the trick and got me back into routine again.

You will get there, I had a really bad day yesterday do as I always weigh after a fast day I have now moved weigh in day for this week to Thursday.

Just make your birthday week a week of relaxed rules apart from fast days, then when it is over, get back to basics and start again from scratch, I got there, you can. Xx

Morning All,

A miserable sort of morning a bit dark.

I decided on my fruit this morning, I was going to miss it but I thought carry on as usual as this is NOT a diet!

Hair colour for me this morning, a pain in the bum but needs must, I shall have my breakfast cuppa then get on with it. It takes me a couple of hours.

Then going out for a bit of food shopping and to see our new swimming pool at Selby, see how busy it is eg children, hubby seems to be on a mission, we are, he says going for a walk around the village every day for about 30 mins. He is waiting to see the physio on Thursday to get the OK.

Ginette..
    Did you know you can put the iPad on a sleep mode so it doesn’t ding in the night…I have mine set so it sleeps 22.00 to 7 am…I used to get fed up of all the rubbish coming through in the night. You might know this…

Paul seems to be helping you sleep hope he gets you back to sleeping in the night.

Cmum..
    Hubby has had both knees done, ones good the other not so good but so much better than before..he needs to get out and use them and strengthen his muscles in his legs. He walks slow but at least we can get about more now.

Get positive with the food I think a few of us are slipping, I am ok at home it’s when I go away out and about and at families houses I slip up.

Audrey…
    Is it just dog walking getting you to 15,000 steps? What’s the secret? That’s a great amount, I get to 7,000 a day but struggle to improve on that and then my toes hurt. Strange when I did my 7 miles walking while away mostly on grass it was my legs ached after a couple of days and not toes..

You must get back on track it so easily creeps back on…I think it’s like this after a year or so on 5.2. Do we get complacent? I know the caravan doesn’t help it’s hard when relaxing away.

It really frightens me as all our 30 lbs went back on last time for both of us…just a little at a time you knew but it wasn’t much, then a little bit more, another pound on, a meal out, Xmas, a family birthday another pound on….then you have to start again from the beginning!

I am so determined it won’t happen again. As Ginette says even at 2 lbs a month off it is it’s more like a way of life with a few treats on the way.

Sorry not lecturing but I am frightened for us all….especially, Hemmy, Milena..I wonder how they are doing.

Get this dam hair done speak later

Jean x

Hi Jean

Yes I did know thanks, the problem is my nights are so varied that it is difficult to set.

Yes you are so right, I aim for 2lbs a month but often do a little more, if it is only 2 I’m not disappointed but it is a fin line between treats and completely letting go. I can eat whatever I like and do three fast days as it doesn’t work, I still put on that 10lbs. But being a bit more relaxed that normal but using the 80/20 rule suits me, 80% good 20% not good 🙂

It is about getting the balance, I don’t want to feel I am on a diet though. X

Thanks girls. .

Jean I do a lot of walking to and from the toilet block plus I have found a 3.5 mile walk from the caravan which I am trying to do every day. It takes me just over the hour to do its all on roads so I leave the dogs here as sonny wants to eat a car!

Ginette I just don’t want to undo my good work, I did exactly the same thing last year it’s just so difficult in the caravan, and we are here a lot… I know I am making excuses I just need to find a way of doing 52 in the dam caravan!

Well I have spent an hr steam cleaning the inside of the van so am now off for my long walk, I am already over 5,000 steps so on target for today, one day at a time …

Together we are stronger, we can do this

Audrey

Hi Audrey

You will come through this, you have done before and as you say you just have to find a way to make it work. X

Ginette..
    I thought you would know I know being awake at odd ours is different to me…

Yes the 2 lbs a month is good a bit extra always better….just keep going.

Audrey..
    I must try and move more, Steve walks much slower than me but better than nothing. It’s getting your head around it. Ian back tomorrow? A bit of company.

5000 steps inside cleaning, you have been busy….maybe I should walk to the toilet block instead of using our own, it’s lazy really…still I gave no facilities next week.

Enjoy your walk.

Off out a bit of shopping, get the steps going and look at the swimming baths..hair done looks much better.

Speak later

X

Hi Girls

Another one here that’s put the pounds on – up 3lb! Seem to be adding and subtracting the same flaming 3lbs. Must admit it’s my own fault though, been a really bad time and I manage to be good for most of the day but nightime sees me eating everything in sight.

Audrey wondering if a different mind set might help when you’re at the van. Maybe you can think of it as being at a Spa – a time for relaxation but also healthy? I know that being positive about something is the thing that works, but also know it’s hard to do sometimes, so constantly thinking that Van time is Spa time might work.

I hope we can all get our heads on straight. Yes Jean I agree it’s scarey how easily and quickly the weight comes back on. I think it’s probably got to be constant vigilance for quite a long time before it becomes a ‘natural’ way of life.

The way things are here there are always temptations about and when I’m good it’s not a problem but old habits die hard and eating is such a flaming comfort when things are going pear shaped.

Thanks for the info Ginette. Hope you’re keeping well – I know how miserable it is to be unable to sleep – different reasons but the same outcome ie shattered! 🙂

Hope everyone else is OK – lets support each other and we’ll all get there. XXX

Thanks coffee

I don’t know what i would do without my fast friends. I inputted the wrong key and I nearly posted daft friends.. Freudian slip eh?

Yes we will carry on posting good or bad happy or sad it’s important for us all to realise we are not alone in this…

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER. …

Thanks for all your support my friends…

Audrey

Evening all.
    Well like a few others I have gained weight this week, 4 lbs actually. I knew I was out of control. I’ve not felt like this for a while and I don’t feel at all positive.
    I noticed I’m not the only one to have gained a few lbs back.
    Ginette
    I tried the sleep down load but I couldn’t concentrate. Will keep trying and hopefully it will help. I think I’m to wound up at the moment.
    Good night all.

Evening..

I have had chocolate this evening and a chocolate biscuit cake…all naughty together..I was having a good day..
    Never mind must get back on track tomorrow..

Night night

X

Hi Jean

I feel so much better when my hair is done as well. I am intending to have a fast day, I really must get a grip!! I shall have to do something productive as well, I had another lazy day, I just fell asleep this afternoon in the chair for three hours.

Hi Coffee

You as well, we are all at it ……. What is it with us all this week. Come on girls we can all pull together and make the end of the week better.

I was losing and gaining the same pounds a while ago, I now seem to be making progress (this week apart).

You will get back to it.

Audrey

I agree we need to post good and bad as it helps others to see that even people who have been doing this for a long time struggle.

I love being your daft friend xx

Hi CMum

This is getting like a confessional this week, I suggest we use it as therapy and learn from it.

The good thing about the hypnosis is that it goes in sub consciously, so even if you fall asleep in the middle it is Ok

I hope it helps.

See you all tomorrow, all of us being good hopefully……

Hello fasters , today I have had the most food cravings you could think of, been drinking black coffee after black coffee trying to block out the hunger prangs I gave in to eating 4 x med Apples, on top of my 4 x fasting products, I am now worrying I may have sabotaged my weight loss for this week, any one else have days like this, if so how would you amend this. This is my second week, first day of week two fasting, last week 1st week I lost a total of 3lbs would have liked more, anyone with some good advise + support out there Cheers

Morning all

I am Sat here waiting for Ian to arrive. He should be here within the next hour…

I have found out both girls are coming for my birthday and staying a couple of nights so I am going to be quite busy and very quiet on the forum over the weekend…

My friend is arriving too so we are hoping for good weather in order to bbq. ..

I hope we are all in a better mindset next week I am going to enjoy my birthday and my guests then ‘re start 52…

Have a good day will post again soon

Your fast friend

Audrey

have a lovely day Audrey

Thanks KT

My birthday is on Monday family arriving Friday and Saturday. Feel like the queen. Daughter says they are practising for next year when I reach 60… LOL ☺

Aud

Cmum, ive completely lost the plot and put on about 6lbs, looking and feeling hortid. What is the sabotage stuff about eh ? Audrey hope you have a lovely birthday KT you sound like you are doing amazingly. Hope every one is OK

Morning All,

Up 3 lbs today ouch! Hope scales are better for Friday weigh in…bloody birthdays and weekend breaks!!

Just saying we will have a low day…phone rings daughter and grandson are coming…. We are going out looking for holiday clothes for grandson…so some steps involved…no cake baked today!

Audrey…
    Have a lovely weekend and Monday birthday…Lovely Ian is returning does he keep you on line..lol

Ginette, Audrey, Celtic, coffee, Cmum, mummypups looks like a big stick out for all of us.

Well done KT…well one doing good..

Come on let’s get a grip and back on track.

Have a good day

Jean x

Hi Mummy

Welcome to our corner, some lovely people here. A lot of us have come a long way since we started, with a few blips along the way. We all seem to be having a difficult time of it at the moment.

The first couple of weeks can be difficult, try to cut down on carbs especially refined ones. Also sugar in anything is not your friend. Sugar makes us crave food as we go Into a dip after the sugar spike. Processed food has a lot in it. Ready meals, white bread, white rice, white pasta are the worst culprits. Also fruit juices. The other things are the more obvious things we eat, cakes, biscuits, chocolate, sweets, fizzy drinks.

Out of all the fruit I find apples make me hungry……that is probably just me, strawberries are good, you can have a nice big dish of these, I had this earlier.

Shout out for help whenever you need it, you will get lots of it here.

Hi Audrey

Enjoy your weekend then as you say, back to basics Tuesday, have a lovely time with all your company. It is nice to be spoilt.

Hi KT

How are you doing this week, back in routine?

Hi Celtic

It is really annoying to put a lot of weight back on and hard to get back into routine again. Just try and start again from scratch. Maybe join forces with Audrey on Tuesday, it is nice to do together, a few here have put weight on so you are not alone in this.

Hi Jean

Oops!! I hope it is food in transit, I do prefer carrots to sticks though xx

Let’s hope we all gave better news next week. I gave you weights this week yet, tomorrow I think after fast day today, so far, so good. Only fruit eaten, Heck sausages and eggs tonight. Buckets of tea to fill me up.

Hi everyone. My name is Yvonne, please call me Vi and I just had my first two FD, so I’m really new. I’m 27 and in an electric wheelchair so exercise and even pedometers are out, unforntuately. Simba suggested I might come here to make some new acquaintances. I hope you guys don’t mind. I’m from Holland, by the way
    xx Vi

Hi Vi

Welcome to our corner, do you have much to lose?

How long have you been doing 5:2?

Xx

Hey Ginette
    I started on Monday, and I ideally want to loose 12 kilo’s, that like 30 pounds, right. What about you?
    =)

Hi Vi

Yes that is quite achievable, I have lost just over 5 stone, more that 4 of this with 5:2. I don’t do a lot of exercise but the weight still manages to come off, slowly but that is fine. I have been doing 5:2 since January 2015.

Hi All,

Back after the shopping trip with daughter and grandson…a few small presents bought for my Louisina trip to give out when we arrive…..also a.pile of ironing done, hate it!

Ginette..
    Weigh in Friday for me, having some cold ham for dinner cutting back before fasting tomorrow. I will be lucky if I am the same. Just such a heavy weekend with the birthday bash. These things happen.

You seem to be back on track, have a good FD today, hope weigh in goes well tomorrow.

Steve at physio in the morning hoping he gets the OK to do more..swimming and a bit of walking..Liverpool seemed to make him really tired.

Vi..
    You found us…we are a busy corner with lots of help if you need it or a chat as well. Mummy has just joined us so she is also new.

We have a few missing at the moment …a couple of people on camping holidays and Audrey away in a caravan, they pop back in when they can, if they have wifi.

Audrey…
    Have a lovely day with Ian hope he’s back with you and all settled in. Will he be walking with you today?

Celtic..
    Lovely to hear from you, although not the weight gain…we have all been naughty these last couple of weeks. Hoping Stu is OK. We will have to all get back on track…

Have a good evening

Jean x

I feel really stupid but I don’t know how much a stone is, but anyway … Good for you! Is it an easy thing to do over time? 5:2, is it easy to incooperate into your life. Or do you still need to plan? x

1 stone is 14 pounds

Ginette has lost 70 pounds / 32 kilos… a great achievement

Xx

Thanks Symba, I’m happy to be here and support you all!
    And wow Ginette, way to go!

Hi Vi and welcome to our little group.

Ian got here safe and sound. We have VERY high winds so have sat in watching the caravan awning blowing around…

Have to dash off sorry will be back tomorrow. .

Have a good evening all

Audrey

Thanks Jean X

Hi Vi

I find it quite easy, I do 2 X 5:2 days and one 800 day a week, I had a blip this week so will only be doing 2 X 5:2. This is just my choice as I do like my treats over the weekend.

Others have also adapted to it, I think we all do a version of 5:2 as what works for one doesn’t work for others.

I still need to have an outline plan, I don’t need to plan every day completely any more as I know by judgement how many calories are in things. I use my fitness pal if I need to check on something and also to log weight loss along the way. It is a really rewarding feeling to change clothes sizes, on the way of course I am getting healthier.

Audrey..

Hope the awnings ok…it sounds very bad

Take care

Xx

Hi Jean

Yes we are in Gale force winds….due to drop about ten tonight… pretty scared at times but it’s too windy to take down. It started early hours of this morning and has just got worse and worse. ..

Audrey..

Well it seams I’m not the only one struggling this week. Every morning I get up with good intentions but its not working. Spoke to my daughter who’s a doctor and Psychologist, she says I’m self sabotaging. Whats that supposed to mean. Anyway I’ve decided to have a break this week and try and get back on track mentally.

I’ve been getting the same posts several times from the same people I dont know, since yesterday. Anyone else getting them to. ??

Very windy here today.

Hi Vi

Thanks. Unfortunately I still have a ‘way to go’ 🙂

Hi Audrey

Our posts musts have crossed earlier. I hope the awning was ok and it is still there.

Hi CMum

Yes it’s so hard to get out of the loop, I have had a successful day today thankfully.

I don’t get notifications so I don’t know. I was finding that as soon as it pinged I had to stop what I was doing and answer. Now I check in a couple of times a day, sonetimes more.

I hope you manage to get back to it soon.

Hey Ginette, I hope you know and tell yourself that you have come a long way as well. Be proud!

Hey Cmum, I don’t know if you actually wanted an answer to this but I’ll give it a whirl. Sabotaging yourself means working against yourself. Doing things to undermine our goals ( in most our cases I’d imagine that’s over-eating, or just eating ‘bad’things, because they make you feel better. Don’t be too hard on yourself, and even if you mess up today, there’s always tomorrow. It’s hard, bvut keep at it and you’ll get where you want to be. Be kind to yourself

x Vi

Morning All,

A cool morning here the weather girl said, not stepped out yet.

The scales are kinder today must of been goods in transit…hoping for ‘a same weight weigh in tomorrow.

Off to physio at 9 am, although we don’t believe in them much only they seem good after an operation.

Audrey…
    Hope everybody is ok and the dogs this morning and the wind has calmed down. All safe and sound including everyone else on site. It’s a worry when it’s rocking and rolling…

We were in Edinburgh in the caravan a couple of years back and a tree fell on a top of a caravan…when I say a tree it was big! they had to climb out of the window…I never pitch under a tree now.

Cmum..
    If you keep getting the posts from an unknown source press the ‘ report post’ at the side of post and tell them what’s happening there’s a blip somewhere.

It’s maybe good to have a break you have had a lot to cope with recently and generally as well, it takes it out of you….don’t let him win you are in charge…keep strong..xx…we are here to chat remember..

Ginette..
    Nice to have a catch up yesterday..hope scales are good today….have a good day.

Vi…
    I am or we ( hubby) are on a FD today, I think as you are…lets hope we have a good one.

Hope the campers are having a good time missing your posts and you are ok in the wind.

Have a good everybody

Jean x

Hey Jean/ Symba

Good luck to you both. What are you having, for food? Yes. it’s indeed my FD, so far, it not going so well. It’s my hardest FD so far. Possibly because yesterday was my first day that I could just eat well for the first time in five weeks, and now my stomache wants MORE! So wish me luck.

x Vi

Morning all

The wind has finally blown itself away thank goodness..

Jean the porch awning has stood up well it’s a kampa rally 390. Very impressed with it..

Fast day today for me. We are doing something different as we seem to be in a rut with our meals so I am having 2 heck sausage and some actifry chips maybe with a poached egg too… Ian can up his food allowance with bread rolls for a good old chip nutty! Lol ☺

Off clothes shopping this morning I bought a pair of leggings last time we were here and they are so comfy I am going back to buy more if they have some more.

Vi keep telling yourself you can eat tomorrow it’s only today you can’t… shout if you start to wobble..

Have a good day all fast or non fast and remember together we are stronger

Audrey

Hey Audrey, can I ask who Ian is?
    Your meal sounds good. I have an actifry too. Does anybody know about the number of cal in a regular portion of baked potatoes, or fries? I hope you have a nice shopping trip and find your comfy leggings
    X

Viewing 50 posts - 5,651 through 5,700 (of 35,427 total)

You must be logged in to reply.