Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 1 hour, 6 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 23,751 through 23,800 (of 35,400 total)

• Well, the kitchen is starting well. I got the last bits and pieces out yesterday. Had a phone call about 8pm from kitchen man. The guy who was coming today is at the hospital as his little boy has broken his arm and having it operated on this morning so they won’t be starting til tomorrow. We were supposed to be here for their first day but we have places booked from tomorrow so it will be a mad rush in the morning, talking to
    them then a long drive to Dorset. So much for an ultra expensive, no hassle job! Now I keep having to go to the other end of the house for stuff I need but packed away! (Sorry for little boy though). Thought I’d better add that bit. 😂😂. And we have booked a meal out tonight which we didn’t need to now. Still going though! Rant over……

So, it’s exactly four months since I started this, 24lb down. Lowest I have been for years. Nine pounds to target but more after holiday. Know I can lose it again though.

Dave, I would be so excited to see my dog again after two weeks, I love that you love her so much. ❤️❤️
    Minols, watch that back. So draining, not being able to get comfy.
    HH glad you are going to accept your weight as it is. Life is too short to struggle to keep below what your body wants to do.
    Nana, happy 49th anniversary.
    Jean, have a good day, and hello to Cakey. Haven’t heard from Kay for a while. Hi if you are reading and lurking!

Will post while I am away to confess sins but perhaps not every day. Keep well all.

Dave..
    So clever seeing Heidi and turning lights and tv off..hope you son is behaving him self you can see what he is up to as well 😂…or is it 🤞

Nana..
    Hope your parcel comes early too, mine came just after 9 am..hope you get out together, it’s nice chatting as you go…

Mel..
    Keep with us and up to date what you are doing while away…well done on 24 lbs off in 4 months that’s really good going…

Hedgehog..
    What you up to today, anything nice….

Jean x

So chuffed for you, Mel – the weight, not the kitchen delay!

Just had porridge on the basis that it’s better to eat a little something that’s really satisfying, than go until I’m too depserate to make sensible decisions.

Should be cracking on with some writing this afternoon, but I think I might pop into the Primary school and see how their harvest preparations are going instead. Tough choice…fun kids or funeral writing…no brainer! And the gentle stretch will do me good.

Mx

Was absolutely roasting so had another shower,feel better now with air con on.I am looking forward to fasting again,see how long it takes to undo the holiday weight gain.The two bars we go to have acts on which we don’t like Adele and Queen.I really like queen a lot but not they one here.So think we are going to the sfinx,that’s how they spell it.It is Egyptian looking,I think it Elvis and Bob Marley both on so should be ok.Giing to Mr Cod for a nice fish and chips tonight,had breakfast out so not having anything in the hotel today and probably tomorrow.

Afternoon all!
    Minols- poor you with your back again 😢, a gentle hug for you. Hope you can find a more comfortable position other than standing all day…harvest festival at school definitely trumps a funeral speech! Hope you stay strong fasting…
    Mel- such a shame about the kitchen, & a rush tomorrow- a good reason though. Well done on 24lbs off!! Enjoy the meal out tonight too…
    Jean- hope your FD goes quick, is Steve doing any fasting with you? Don’t blame him if not, he’s been through alot!
    Nana- hope your parcel comes in time for a walk together. Hope you fasting goes okay too.
    Dave- poor Heidi lights left on 😂😂 Good job you can turn them off…Have a goid day & enjoy the music! Oh dear, tight clothes- that would definitely be me after 2 weeks trip! Glad you’re not with Thomas Cook! Lots of poor people stuck…
    Kay- hope you’re okay & all went well at the weekend!
    Cakey- have you got lots of travelling to do this week?
    Out earlyish with Xena to catch the other park dogs- she had a lovely play, spent lots of time chasing a ball. Then took a car load of stuff to the charity shop, & a little bit to the tip. Followed by a food shop, late lunch of salad, fasting as well today.

Minols..
    Definitely the harvest festival preps much lighter…hoping your backs easier…

Dave..
    Enjoy your fish and chips today and your Act tonight….definitely dark nights drawing in you will notice when you get home…

Hedgehog..
    We was unlucky at park no one much about..winter blues kicking in…at least Xena managed a good play at your end…all your bags taken before you change your mind 😂..good job done and keeping busy…Steves not fasting yet but keeping his eye on the scales…

We have Steves sister, BIL and step daughter coming over for a few hours tomorrow for lunch, last of the visitors for a while…just bought a mixture of cakes in, and a buffet type lunch..not over the top.

Seeing a solicitor on Wednesday morning, hoping we can get something sorted, can’t help but spend some money..£200 a hour!..extra I would think for a letter, another solicitor mentioned £150!…we were in the wrong job!!??? we are getting too chewed up and I am not sleeping, you don’t know what you are coming back too when we go out….raining tomorrow silver lining 😂..I like that Hedgehog 😂

Fasting is going good for me….hope you are all the same who are fasting…

Jean x

Jean we are two hours in front so it’s dark here early.The cod and chips were delicious as always.On a par with Whitby.Sat in the street cooking down.I keep saying I will go to the harvest festival at church,but if I did the church would probably fall down on me, I did like it when I was at school.

Evening everyone
    Just had our evening meal cooked by husband which was a small serving of homemade meatballs, homemade tomato sauce and spaghetti.
    Last FD now until the weekend – will weigh tomorrow morning and see how I’ve done 🙏
    Jean still no sign of parcel delivery – it’s coming from Amazon so anytime up to 9pm. No walk taken – will make up for it in Brighton even though the forecast is for rain the whole time we’re going to be there.Glad you’re FD has gone well for you. Enjoy the visitors tomorrow and hope you have a good solicitors visit on Weds.
    Mel well done on your weight loss already. Have a good time away.
    Minols hope your FD has gone well for you and the back is easing up.
    Hedgehogs also hope you’ve managed a good fd .
    Nana x

Hello

Ugh swallowed a bug out on my run. Thought I was choking and now I can hardly speak. Typical as have got a 5 hour meeting tomorrow which I’m running! Will need plenty of water. Wonder how many calories in a bug.

Hope the garden boundaries are resolved soon Jean, so sorry for the upset and worry. Why do people have to be that way.

Hope your back eases Minols – harvest already? I suppose it is end of September. It’s just sort of crept up.

Happy new kitchen week Mel, enjoy the trip and coking back to sparkly new room, that sounds a good way to do it and wow for the 24lbs off – that’s amazing progress.

Safe last day and travels home Dave, hope you’re not with Thomas Cook. So sad, we’ve always gone with them, the staff in our local branch are lovely and couldn’t be more helpful even when we were asking for weird and wonderful combination trips.

We’ve made a start on the garage Hh and made a trip to the tip as well as getting 2 mattresses, a sofa and armchair taken away. It was all the stuff we accumulated when the girls were students and then they didn’t want when they got their own places. I don’t keep much like birthday cards etc, I wish I’d been more organised like that over the years.

Making broccoli soup tonight, Monday is homemade soup night. Off to Edinburgh tomorrow for a couple of days.

Right got my breath back now after my run. It’s not getting easier but at least we are back into the swing of it since summer

Much love

CW

Evening!
    Dave- glad the fish & chips were good, on a par with Whitby is high praise indeed! Enjoy the rest of the evening! PS- give the Harvest festival a go, Churches are pretty sturdy 😂
    Cakey- extra protein in a bug! Hope your voice gets better! What do you put in the soup? I put a bit of cream cheese in mine, very yum…hooe Edinburgh trip goes well.
    Jean- hope the neighbour opens the next letter…& that this solicitor can help.
    Nana- are you going to Brighton tomorrow? Hope you have a good trip, despite the forecast!
    Mel- you too…
    Minols- how’s the back, any easier? Hope your FD went okay…
    Saw Mum this afternoon, made a start on some winter pots. Been a good FD, worked out pretty low cal, so had enough cals for a low carb ice cream & can have a coffee later!
    Fasting tomorrow as well…& Weds, day off Thursday yippee!

Not going away until Weds Hedgehogs but meeting up with our friends for our usual weekly lunch tomorrow 🍴🍻

Hi Hh

The recipe I use has broccoli, spring onions, veg stock, Stilton and double cream. It feels like a lot of cream but 100ml between 4 portions not too bad and I resisted the bread.

CW

Was a great show tonight Michael Jackson, I don’t even like him but the show was brilliant.Lovely HOT FOOD all day today, obviously not at the hotel.Last day tomorrow so not too much to drink because I will be driving 24 hours later.

Hi all, finally back to some normality after a hectic week.

Baking all week, but it paid off as my ginger nuts got me first place and my cheese scones earned me third place…lol
    The revel day on Saturday went ok with bits and pieces going on but sadly not very well supported. I do find it a shame when people cant be bothered making an effort, lots of villages have lost their old traditions. No point saying its not like it used to be….do something about it then!
    Anyway it was ok.

I had my organised walk, and there were 14 of us in the end and apart from a torrential shower 3/4 of the way through, it went really well! As did the chocolate muffins I made! Also the prize draw was a success! Loads of prizes donated and over £100 raised from it.
    In fact Im up to £159 so far and the donation box is still out. I just need to plug my just giving page to friends and family to get to my £200 target.

Hope everyone is ok, Ive not had time to catch up with posts but I will scan over the last page once Ive down a quick update on FB about yesterday.

Im feeling very bloated and unhealthy! Probably down to the constant testing of the baking through the week, so back to it this week, although Im not sure what to do, maybe a few 800 days or maybe just the good old 5:2!

Kay x

Morning All..
    A very dreary day looks like a test of wet weather gear…🌧🌧🌧

Up early and get things done for lunch, visitors arriving about 11 but would expect them later..Lancashire people no sense of timings!

Nana..
    Hope the parcel arrived…hubby cooking very nice Steve used too but now says I am much faster….enjoy your lunch today and good luck on the scales ….

Cakey..
    A bug on your run yucky…well done on your clear out I do think it makes you feel good…

Hedgehog..
    Pots done for winter very organised..good luck on two more days of fasting…

Dave..
    Glad your day went well and you found hot food….enjoy your last day we will have you back tomorrow full time…safe journey..

Kay..
    Goodness how busy you have been..well done on a 🥇and a 🥉some good baking….we are in a village too I know how hard it is, we helped with the organisation of our village festival it’s hard and always left to a very few, we gave up after 5 years…so hard not eating baking, I can’t leave it alone it’s about one of my downfalls and 🍷…line drawn for you to get rid of the bloated feeling it will soon go..

Have a good day all…

Jean x

I am one Lancastrian who is always early😄.Lots of parachutes in the air,I wouldn’t mind trying it but am scared of heights.Sat in the shade but will move into the sun for an hour looking for lizards.It will be nice to get some cool wet weather,it was pouring down when I left Manchester,no coat either,good job the car is only abou 100 yards time terminal.

Morning all!
    Dave- it’ll be raining when you get home too 😂😂…you’ll soon be hating the cold & wet again! Enjoy your last day.
    Kay- well done you with the baking & organising & the walk. Shame not better supported, it does always seem to be the same people as Jean said too. I like a few days 800cals blast helps get back into the swing of eating better!
    Jean- enjoy your rainy walks today! And hope all goes well with the visitors…whatever time they come!
    Mel- hope the kitchen gets started, & have a safe journey to Dorset.
    Minols- how’s your back today? Hope it’s getting easier.
    Cakey- safe journey for you too…
    Nana- enjoy your day out!
    Went out early with Xena to avoid the rain, but we got wet anyway 😂 My favourite boots have a hole I guess- my socks & feet were were filthy on the heels! Silly dog is all lively & hyped up now because I had to dry her, she is weird! Should be dog training in a bit but not sure- the site gets very muddy so even though it’s indoors you still get mucky! Plus I think she’s starting to outgrow the class, & Nick’s going to move a few puppies up soon, so he won’t be able to do anything which pushes the older dogs more, so we’ll see.
    Was very naughty & went on the scales; having said I’d have to resign myself to staying the same I have lost a pound!

Hedgehog..
    Well done on the pound off..it’s strange when you think you won’t loose and do then you have a really good week you put on…I will never understand my body…

Xena has been doing her class a long time, maybe she will be bored especially with younger dogs about..have a look on line and see if you can do different things with her yourself…we walked around the village with just collar and a very loose lead, Charlie was very good, he had his rain coat on and Steve talked me out of the harness…I do like the harness though….he looked smart in his new winter coat. Waterproof, windproof and breathable quite posh 😂

Motorway is very slow moving, build up of traffic..they will be late…..set off a bit late too, still it gives me sit down time 😂

Dave..
    Definitely will rainy although more showers tomorrow instead of all day rain….what time do you fly/land?

Jean x

We fly at 4-55 local time, just got a text saying we will be picked up at 1-55pm.Had lunch in hotel not a clue what it was but I ate it, still lukewarm food, going out tonight for a beautiful meal at the island affair.Denise was going to have soup at lunch but the choice was beetroot soup or cauliflower and yoghurt soup, I wouldn’t touch soup with a bargepole but Denise likes soup.She didn’t have any although she likes beetroot .

Lovely time with visitors good catch up….all went well until the battenburg cake hit the table…I just really love it …😬 …4 pieces eek!

Nothing to eat for me tonight…

Jean x

I would be safe with battenburg,my son loves it though,my steak has just arrived.

Kitchen men turned up at 8am and we managed fo get away by 9.30. Horrible trip in the rain but at the pub now relaxing before dinner. We are in Sherborne, pretty, upmarket little town. Haven’t had a lot to eat yet but what I have had has been all carbs. I had some ham to eat in the car for lunch but I forgot Jodie’s lunch treats so she had to have it 🙁. Menu looks good for tonight and of course 🍷🍷. Will raise a glass to you Jean!

Jean- glad it went well- & the battenberg, I love it too! Although it’s the marzipan I like, might as well buy a slab of that 😂😂. There’s lots of training we can do with Xena, lead walking is work in progress, & learning to pick things up & carry them…
    Mel- glad you’ve got there safely, & hope the meal’s good! Enjoy! 🍷🍷
    Dave- enjoy yours too!
    Mine’s nearly ready, it’s been a good FD.

Mel..
    Glad the kitchen men came early…enjoy your time away have a lovely relaxing time, can you say that when it’s a walking holiday 😂…I love walking can’t do too much now….have a 🍷from me and cheers enjoy your meal….

Hedgehog..
    Me too it’s the marzipan what I like..it does make a cup of tea taste good….lead training is a must but a hard one took us about 6 weeks but I continue all the time…Charlie does too much sniffing to carry stuff…

Dave..
    Have a good flight and safe journey home..

Lots of fingers crossed for us at the solicitors tomorrow….I will be on later in the day ..walking and off early…

Jean x

Evening everyone
    Due to our cycleway being closed still we’ve had to use the car to get to the park and ride and catch the guided bus into St Ives for our lunch today so I volunteered to drive 🚗 which has saved me a few calories.
    Kay well done a shame not more people took part – we’re lucky in our village that people participate in activities but it’s our age group not the youngsters so I guess they’ll gradually not happen.
    Jean parcel never arrived until 7pm but at least it arrived. Husband took over the cooking once he retired as he really enjoys it plus he’s conscious of cooking in the way of 5:2 way of life so I’m more than happy to let him. Love Battenberg cake also really fancy a slice now good job there’s no shops in our village or I’d be off to buy some.
    Mel enjoy your meal and 🍷🍷
    Hedgehogs our bodies are strange aren’t they I stayed the same when I weighed myself this morning but well done you on losing a pound.
    Dave have a safe journey back home.
    Am not going to be posting again until my return from Brighton so hope you all have a good rest of the week.
    Nana x

Nana..
    Enjoy your time away and your anniversary we will hear all about when you are back…
    Safe journey..

Jean x

Nana- happy anniversary 💝🍸 & Brighton rock 🍭!
    Jean- hope the appt goes well, will be thinking of you…
    Couple of squares of chocolate waiting for me, last of my calories! Was going to wait until Bakeoff, but will be busy cooking son’s dinner- he got home safely in plenty of time for work- but had a speeding ticket in the post, oops…

Just had a great last night, finished off with a bar of dairy milk 😋😋😋gone midnight so the bed is calling.

Morning all!
    Jean- hope all goes okay with the solicitor & they can help you…
    Dave- enjoy that chocolate while you can! Hope you have a good journey home!
    Hope everyone has a good day…seing my new Homestart family this afternoon. And another 800FD for me.

Good luck today Jean.Just went out for breakfast,sat around now, this is the worst part waiting until we get picked up at around 2pm.Can go for lunch if we can put the cases away,if not would have to do a relay or go without.Sick to death of politics,shoot them all and start again 😄

The pub is Italian, so at dinner they recommend two to three ‘small plates’ each to share, like tapas. Being really hungry we chose three each. Each plate was like a proper main course size! The food was really good but so much. Needless to say we ate most of it. I haven’t had such an Epic Face Stuff for months. Feel fatter already and it has only been two days 🤭🤭. Will cut back tonight. Going to cousin in Wales tomorrow so won’t be so bad food wise then self catering so will have more control. Don’t panic Mel!! (And the food here is lovely). Down to breakfast in a minute after a bad night. We always seem to be by the kitchen extractor fan and they didn’t turn it off last night. I have a real problem with the noise, it seems to cut into my brain somehow.
    Right, good journey home Dave. You are going to miss that sun ☀️, but will have Heidi to compensate.
    Jean, good luck at the solicitor. Nana, happy holiday. HH thought you were going to ease up a bit on the FDs?
    Re parcels, I have a lot delivered (mostly books from amazon) and they just leave them for me round the back. I never stay in for them. I’d never get out 😂😂.

Morning ..
    A quick cuppa before we leave I have time…I have had a good walk with Charlie, got him out of bed three times a bit early for him 😂…laid down now with rolling eyes…

Dave..
    Enjoy your chocolate…worst part waiting around..safe flight home….I agree with you totally, I would personally shoot everyone they All want the sack!!…we voted whether you like it or not…it should of been stamped three years ago and they should all work together to get the best or no deal and then go world wide.

Hedgehog..
    Hope your new family is nice…do you sometimes not click with them…or do they want you with open arms.

Mel..
    You have really started with a bang 😂…it sounded very different and lovely…like the portion size!!!..I would think you will be too full for breakfast….enjoy your next stop in Wales and family catch up….

Thanks for your wishes hope we are not wasting money but we just don’t know what to do..it makes you feel ill, not sleeping and can’t leave the house…

Speak later…
    Jean x

Hi everyone

Back still bad so not sleeping…so hitting the sugary stuff a bit too much – hate that. Really should go protein or porridge all the way!

CW – miss the running a bit…don’t miss the bug-swallowing. How can something so small destroy is so completely!

Jean – really hope the solicitor is helpful.

Mx

Hi Everyone…

It’s seems all promising at the solicitors, he was very understanding and covered most things..he is sending a letter out to the neighbour outlining our case, nothing in the garden can be done until the legal bit has been sorted…the neighbour will have to respond in 30 days on his objections via his solicitor ..he is looking at a few things from the land registry for their house for us this afternoon, hoping he finds nothing to change his mind….we have a good case…..he will get the letter Friday…..a nice £300 bill!

Minols..
    So sorry your backs still not well….it’s such a long slow process…

Jean x

Minols have a wee dram, painkiller 😄.Sat in the airport everything gone great so far, should be boarding in the next half hour.Kept my shorts on so will be nippy when I get home.

Safe journey Dave…hope you are not too cold in your shorts..
    X

Evening all!
    Jean- this solicitor sounds a bit more helpful, although you’re paying for it! I hope they take this letter seriously!
    Dave- you’ll definitely notice the temperature change! Heidi will be so pleased to see you!
    Mel- the meal sounds lovely, but good that you’re not there too long 😂 we had a similar large helpings at a Chinese once, so stuffed! Just enjoy yourself & don’t worry, it’ll come off quickly! (I’m trying not to stress about the lack of scale movement, but will keep up being strong & fasting quite a few days until after I wear my posh frock!)
    Minols- sorry your back’s still not great- have you seen a chiropractor before, is there anything they can do?
    Nana- happy anniversary & hope you’re there safely!
    Kay- have you got much work at the moment?
    Cakey- hope your week’s okay…
    Had a good visit with the family- I feel like I can be useful! Jean- people don’t always click, I’ve only had one family in 5 years who didn’t want the support, they were being pushed into it because there were concerns about neglect. I did hear about one volunteer who kept getting families not want her 😱. She was very posh!
    Fasting has gone well, day off tomorrow, buffet at the Homestart AGM! I will not be good!

Heidi ran down the stairs like she used to do when I got home,she was so pleased to see me, these days she hobbles down normally.Everything went great,had roast lamb in hotel,bus came ten minutes early so we got to airport quickly,then plane was put back 35 minutes but because everyone got on it quickly we got an early slot, arrived back in Manchester at just gone 8pm, called in a chippy on way home.

Welcome back to the wet UK Dave! You’ll soon be wishing for some of that sunshine back! I bet Heidi is so happy that you and Denise are back home now.

Jean, here’s hoping that its money well spent if it makes your neighbour realise whats what. Still frustrating that you are having to pay to state the obvious though!
    I said hello to 3 dalys today! They were fantastic, if a bit boisterous! Making me rethink dog breeds again!

Mel, sounds like you are already into your holiday! Enjoy! Just noticed you were in Sherbourne…not far from where we lived in Dorset a few years ago.

Minols, sorry to hear you have hurt your back. I know just how frustrating it is. Hope it soon eases.

HH, hope the new HS family are receptive to the help. Im working permanently at the hotel so Im guaranteed 3/4 days every week. The holiday lets work will be slowing down now. Well done on the pound off! Whens the posh frock do?

CW, hope the trip to Edinburgh went ok.

Cant get my head round fasting at the mo! Going shopping on Friday and it seems like the salad season may be over so going to do some batch cooking soon. Had our first soup this week, definitely a sign of autumn.

I usually struggle a bit this time of year with the change of seasons and increase in the shorter days so going to try and keep busy, although no need this week as Im working 6 days as the other housekeeper has some days off!

X

Morning all!
    Dave- welcome home! Lovely that Heidi was so pleased to see you!
    Kay- good that you have enough work to keep you busy, hope you can get back into fasting soon, maybe the soups will help! My ‘do’ is a week’s time so not long…
    Jean- I guess you’re fasting as usual today? Hope it goes well!
    Mel- hope the next bit of your trip goes to plan…
    Minols- take care of yourself today…
    Nana- enjoy Brighton!
    Cakey- are you back? Do you have time for any exercise when you’re away?
    Raining again here, have piles of washing to do as eldest son got home yesterday & put everything in the wash! I literally dream about getting the washing done, it haunts me 😰

Morning All…
    A walk at our small forest takes about 55 mins to walk..checked the notice board for this canine bug..nothing….quite a few dogs walking so risked it….between showers glorious blue skies..quite funny acorns kept dropping Charlie couldn’t understand it 😂 when he caught a few on his back….Steve managed it too a bit up and down….

I am fasting today, hoping to pull back a bit 😬

Hedgehog..
    They have to take notice of the letter as it’s all legal now and nothing can be done or changed..they now have to find a solicitor or prove the fence is in the wrong position and the passageway is shared themselves…we can’t talk to them….hoping they listen or it will go to court…costs to them…

Glad the families are always pleased with your help, you do a grand job…you deserve your service award next week….have you got your full outfit now, shoes, bag etc?

All my bedding dried while walking, iron out shortly….next load in….

Dave..
    Glad all went well..you made me laugh we always went to chippy on our home from the airport…not so much now…lovely Heidi was fussy to see you…always nice to be back home….

Kay..
    Good you have regular hours now at the hotel..as you say as the season is changing more settled work…

We are so pleased we got Charlie….a very different breed to normal dogs…so pack like, wanting to be with you all the time, sense of humour, playful and full of fun..good walks settle him down….some can be destructive but Charlie isn’t..I think they get bored..long walks!!

I am running my freezer down getting it ready for pre cooked soups, Hungarian goulash, meaty hot food..loads of leaves falling off the trees this morning..

Seeing the surgeon on Wednesday..Steve wants the ‘go ahead’ to drive again…then caravanning 😀..🤞

Well cup of tea time…all going well here……

Jean x

Took Heidi out,nice to take her again,we don’t go far but she enjoys it.Not been brave enough to get on the scales, will do it tomorrow.

HI Everyone
    Amazingly…went out to meet a bunch of young women in a local hostelry last night (they want to learn more about their faith) and something happened to my back and it’s fine! Still a little achey so beign sensible, but had a really good night’s sleep…I am a different woman (obviously still overweight, still short-sighted/tempered/compared to tall people…but a differnt woman, otherwise!)

Just trying to get a load of stuff prepped that I need to get through the next 10 days…and then I am on holiday for 2 whole weeks – yippee!

Mx

Dave…
    Lovely to take Heidi out..take a weeks break before jumping the scales…I do 😂

Minols..
    Brilliant your backs clicked or whatever it’s done…take it steady…looking forward to your two weeks holiday, is the boy off school ?…are you going to your wee cottage? ( look at me speaking Scottish 😂)

Kitchen now closed…we have had omelette tonight for both of us….

Charlie the fussy eater..goodness knows what’s happened he really is enjoying his food, Mummy’s cooking it, a rattle of a pan and the shadow is with me…taking cooking lessons I think!

Jean x

Quick update post. Had a phone call last night from the people we were going to stay with in Wales for four nights. Taken ill so we can’t go. So that leaves us in Dorset with four nights until we go to Shropshire and nowhere to stay! Anyway we are now in Lynton in Exmoor National Park. Found a lovely little hotel with good coastal walking. They can do all four nights.

Had a full breakfast without sausage (Jodie had it) and nothing since. No toast either, 😇. Nothing since so ready for dinner!

Mel..
    Sorry to hear you had a change of plan, lucky you managed to find somewhere nice..enjoy your coastal walks with Jodie..

Jean x

Minols did you have a wee dram or two,that would explain you back feeling better 😁.Had a full English for tea and it was nice and hot😀.I got a phone call from the bowling club,they won the semi final of the cup while I was in Cyprus so they asked if I can play in the final on Monday.We play the team who slaughtered us a few weeks ago,so I said yes.

Dave…
    Wanted already and a final…well done…back in the swing of our normal Hot food 😀

Jean x

Yes it’s nice to have hot food🔥🔥🔥. Watching Poole v Ipswich speedway,come on the Witches,they are winning at Poole.

Evening!
    Dave- nice to be back then, I would definitely leave it a week (or 2!) before you go near the scales 😂. Hope the Witches win! Good that you’ve been asked to play in the bowls final!
    Minols-glad your back is better, God works in mysterious ways, healing in a hostelry! Hope you can get everything done before your break! Where are you going?
    Jean- fingers crossed for Steve being able to drive again! Found out today apparently 4 local dogs have caught the illness, one died 😢. Glad we’ve avoided the forest with Xena. It’s strange that it’s so patchy & only in certain areas.
    Kay- was Ellie a heinz 57? I read that the breed you’re thi kibg of can be quite challenging? Mind you Xena’s turning out to be like that & she’s supposed to be a soppy lab 😂
    Mel- lucky you’ve been able to change the holiday plans, hope it’s nice & you can enjoy the walks, well done for not eating too much!!
    Sad last visit with my family, although the twins were little horrors, screaming & throwing things, so maybe not so sad! They gave me a pear tree for a thank you, which is lovely, but not sure where we can plant it, not got much room in the garden! The evening do was good, but went on a bit long. Got my 5 year award today, presented by Anthony Horrowitz! He’s our patron. Ate too much at the buffet, feel quite sick now 😱 Draw a line, will behave tomorrow! (Jean, I have got everything sorted for the do next week, apart from I might borrow so jewellry from mum)

Viewing 50 posts - 23,751 through 23,800 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.