Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 13 hours, 4 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,801 through 22,850 (of 35,400 total)

• Hi Cheshire and welcome. Appreciate your zeal but can’t help feeling you’re being very ambitious. Alternating water fast days and 500 cal days means you are only averaging 250 calories a day until 16th August. Don’t know what the others think but not sure this is healthy. Have a think about what Dave said as that seems much more manageable and you aren’t setting yourself up for failure. Really don’t want to put a damper on you and whatever you do we will all support you. And post every day. It helps so much.

Evening!
    Cheshire- hi & welcome! Sounds like you’re pretty determined! Did you mean 5:2 alternating 500cals & water fasts on the 2 FDs, or literally alternating water days & 500cals? If do I agree with Dave that does sound tough! Dave, me & some of the others on here have done 2 weeks of 800cals a day with good results, that would be an easier start…
    Dave- well done B2B & all that exercise too!
    Jean- ouch, neighbours & boundary disputes, sounds like you could be in the middle of it? They must’ve seen the deeds if they’ve just moved in? Hope it doesn’t get nasty…sounds like you’ve had a busy day!
    Minols- v impressed with running on holiday! Keep up the good work & enjoy the brunches😉
    Nana- bless, little puppy! Xena could never switch off & sleep like that, she had to be put in her crate & covered up!
    Mel- hope the B2B fds go okay, keep strong! Sounds like the holidays work well for you.
    Cakey- hope you’re all right after being taken down?! Xena did tgat to me the other day, & she’s probably half woof’s size!!
    Kay- how’s your back?
    Lynne- how’s it going? When’s the graduation ceremony, or have you had it?
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten things, page has turned!
    Busy day again- another lovely long walk with Xena early, dog training was okay, she was keen to see Nick again! Just her & 3 cockapoos! Lots of tidying, cooking etc today, still a big pile of ironing to do😣 We’re off to Somerset this time, back Saturday. Didn’t manage 800cals today, but still a low day…tomorrow won’t be 😂

Well I have done another fast day😇.Might even do another one tomorrow 😇😇.Going to be a stickie night tonight 🥵.Got my hooves on my Revitive machine,sending shock waves through my calf’s.Hope everyone is doing good, especially the fasters.

Evening All…

Cheshire..
    Welcome come and join us and get the weight moving….it sounds a lot too soon…are fasting twice a Week?

Hedgehog..
    Neighbours ….not very nice tonight….I walked away from it….too much going on with us to bother with boundaries!…plans say one thing the official writing says another….feel very upset about it all..

Enjoy your holiday tomorrow hoping you can pop by….

Dave..
    Hope you feel better tomorrow..

Jean x

Morning All..
    Sunny day, popping to get my breakfast things from the caravan and take washing back, taking boy to park he seems more lively than yesterday and eating more like his self.

Trying to have a low day food wise and fasting tomorrow…

Looks like I got away with my speeding ticket…phew….have to have it within 14 days and I am on day 15…must pay more attention when going to hospital.

Have a good day whatever you are doing…

Jean x

I thought I was going to get a speeding ticket a few years ago, I went to Cardiff for the speedway and there was a camera Von a lonely country road, I seen it going but forgot about it coming home, I went through it doing about 35-40 mph,the limit was 30,it flashed as I went past it but never got a ticket.Denise was up half the night with pains in her back,she has arthritis in her spine and was up at 2am then she got up for some pain killers at 4am to make matters worst Heidi pushed past her and fell down the stairs,at least it took her about 2 seconds from top to bottom,she seems ok, Denise is still in bed.When I went bowling yesterday they were trying to wind me up saying get a good night’s sleep and you name will be in lights when I play today.Dont know if I will do another fast day today.Not had anything yet

Dave..
    Hope Denise soon feels better and the meds help her..poor Heidi too hope all is ok…

Hedgehog..
    Safe journey and both enjoy your break….

Got my jobs done…a couple of rounds in the park he does enjoy it and then a coffee at the park cafe sat outside…..really lovely…..possibly hoover up stairs later…

Jean x

Denise seems to be ok,she said Heidi surfed down the stairs on her belly😄she looks ok too.I will take her out for a walk after my cuppa,just got back from bowling, I lost 21-16 so very happy with that.The team won on a green where most lose we lost 5-3 but they add up all the points scored and we won by three points so they were all happy with the way I played.

Dave..
    Looks like you enjoyed your game of bowling..don’t understand the points but it sounded good…

X

Hi everyone, feeling crotchety today, second Fast800 day. I feel much better on just ADF but needed the B2B as meal out tomorrow. Anyway nearly six o’clock and I have calories for dinner so today is safe. Dave think you are doing really well with the bowling. Did you have another FD? Sorry to hear about Denise and Heidi’s exploits. Glad she is ok. Jean, bit of good news re parking ticket! Not so good about the neighbour dispute. We have had some rotten neighbours in the past. One reported my last dog to the police saying he had attacked her. Total lie. Luckily the police already had her tagged ‘troublemaker’. We have good ones now. How is Steve feeling?

No fast day today so will do one tomorrow, Denise is growling at me because she has made a shepherds pie so will just have that and hope the scales are kind.I need to lose 3lbs for the chocolate diet to make a comeback 😄

Mel..
    We are both feeling flat and down..the neighbour thing had upset me…apparently a solicitor letter is supposed to be coming to us, stating what’s what but it is not as straight forward as that, as our deeds say different!…it will be costly for them but it will be interesting to see.
    Our builders are arriving Tuesday or Wednesday to do the garden, he said ‘he will sort it out..happens all the time!’

Getting a bit close to Friday then ongoing to op later…just feeling chewed up…

Looks like you have managed the B2B..look forward to your meal out tomorrow..awful to have bad neighbours I have the new pair one side and the woman on the other, everyone else are all nice. Terrible about being reported on your dog, very upsetting.

Jean x

Don’t let it upset you Jean,worst case scenario you will lose a bit of garden,not a great loss.You concentrate on Steve,the garden will sort itself out,think I will be copying you Friday, haddock and chips 😛😛😋😋😋

Dave..
    Steve’s hoping he’s well enough for haddock and chips 🤞..hoping he doesn’t start bleeding and has to stay in..
    You are right the garden will sort itself out…
    X

If you lose a bit of garden it will be less weeding to do 😄. Hopefully Steve will be having haddock and chips.x

Evening everyone

Been a busy day – visiting daughter and great grandsons not forgetting grand puppy who was having time out in her cage – daughter has enrolled her in puppy training classes and starts tomorrow evening. Also our soldier grandson whose still home on leave popped in ( he lives with his dad ) lovely to see him.
    Then meeting up with our friends for our usual Wednesday lunch.

Dave glad Denise is alright – and not a bad game of bowls.

Jean a worry for you with the neighbours you really don’t need that at the moment. I echo Dave’s comments but it’s easier said than done.

Welcome to you Cheshire a great bunch of people on here.

Hope everyone has had a good day.

Nanax

Hi all

Jean – you really don’t need a boundary dispute just now. The paperwork will sort it all out – hope your neighbours manage to be decent. We had a dispute years ago – the husband was down to earth but the wife was horrible. Seemed a big deal at the time but in the scheme of everything else (I had a miscarriage that week, she left him for another man later that year…) it really was not the most important thing. In the end the drawings showed what they showed and she should never have got personal about it.

Easy to say now, of course… Makes you feel sick at the time. But you have a lot on just now with Steve that is so much more important. Just hope the neighbours find a way not to tie you all up in knots about it.

Mx

Evening everyone

Another quick post, been a busy few days and don’t know where the time has gone.

Hannah graduated yesterday, a lovely day with a tinge of sadness and I managed to catch myself so no big upset. Even managed to get Bec in a dress and heels, though still chasing around for her outfit at the 11th hour and causing un-necessary stress.

Legs are still aching from 15,000 steps in heels (I’m a lover of a comfy shoe), on top of an impromptu walk up Pen y Fan on Sunday which my fitbit tells me was the equivalent of 157 floors, 18,000 steps on a steep gradient. Aim is to build stamina ahead of New York in October, but I think it’s just Hannah honing her physio skills -resistance is futile.

Hoping to get back on track now for holiday.

One final comment. Jean, hope everything goes well on Friday and Steve gets his haddock. I know the dispute with your neighbours is upsetting, but in the grand scheme of things it’s not important and hopefully things will calm down. If it’s something you need to ‘fight’ then so be it, but that’s a battle for another day, put it to one side for now and focus on getting Steve sorted. Thinking of you both.

Take care

Lynne x

Morning All..
    A lovely day before the rain comes tomorrow…thought I would get the bedding washed..

Hair colour this morning after walk….Charlie was naughty he had a real nasty go at another dog totally out of character, also a bit snappy the day before at a dog he knows but nearly likes…wondering if he is pain around his legs, although he’s eaten his breakfast he has been off his food…don’t want that starting!

Thanks for the support on dispute, I really can’t be bothered, it depends how much more she decides to have a go at.

My builder said he will sort it out…

I am fasting today…anyone else?

Nana..
    It sounds a lovely day catching up with your soldier grandson too…good idea on puppy training, we were too late for Charlie as he was three when we got him, he got too bored encroaching on his sleep time 😂

Minols..
    It’s all a very iffy grey area, some deeds are different, but should be the same, house plots are not measured just shows a heavy red line, land Registry can’t help at all. A lot should be sorted between yourselves but you need someone to talk to not scream. In England you have to put the case forward to a high court judge he decides and it costs thousands…so it’s not worth it. Just upsetting but feel better today and I slept last night.
    Life is more important more things to think about..
    Hope you are enjoying yourself with the boys and doing exciting things….still managing to get your runs in.

Lynne..
    Your day sounded lovely you must be so proud…a bit of sadness but Phil would have been with you all. Bec sounds so like my younger daughter (USA) going in every shop to buy things and 4 hours later going back to the first shop to buy!!…45 now and she still hasn’t changed, Steve refuses to go shopping with her 😂

Hannah getting you moving brought a smile….New York something to work and look forward too….are you all going?…I seem to be in dog walking shoes all the time now, and hairs!, I never seem to be tidy..I get my heels on and my feet know about it when I try and be smarter…

Hedgehog..
    Hope all is well and you are enjoying yourselves..

Jean x

Hi all just a quick post. Dont know where the days have gone!

Not been fasting this week but trying to keep things in check.

Jean, hope the biposy is straight forward for Steve tomorrow. Then another waiting game. Ignore the boundary saga for now. These things have a habit of working themselves out. You dont need it though.

Lynne, glad that the graduation went ok, in spite of the mixed emotions it will have evoked.

Catch up later properly x

Think it’s going to be a low day today,had a sandwich at dinner time and homemade cottage pie tonight.Car washed dog walked, waiting for the rain to come.

Getting hungry a bit but ok…another 2 hours to wait before food…hoping scales are kind tomorrow..although Steve hadn’t really fasted he is keeping an eye on his weight…

Tomorrow we are up at 6 am or a bit before for me..taking Charlie with us and I will take him to the park near the hospital before I head home and wait for the call for pick up…thinking about 4 or 5 hours, he is having a local injection, so he’s awake but the doctor is going through his rib cage into his lungs..hoping he doesn’t touch any blood vessels or lung deflates, or he will be in overnight.

No fasting Kay, too busy or have you been away?….or just not happened.

I think the weather will hit us tomorrow Dave, thunder and lightning about 8 pm, hoping I am here the boy is really frightened of it…

Jean x

hi Everyone , i’m new to using forums and these kinds of things , but i feel like having support from people who are going through the same while trying to lose weight is very important.
    i came across a couple of things that i thought looked quite interesting , can i get peoples opinions about these things as i dont know very much about it, please see the links below

https://pgmpublishing.wordpress.com/2019/07/18/22lbs-gone-in-13-days-with-this-strange-carb-pairing-trick/

https://www.ndtv.com/health/weight-loss-ditch-protein-supplements-try-these-natural-sources-of-protein-for-healthy-weight-loss-a-2070301?ndtv_related

Hope you can let me know your thoughs about them
    thanks

Hi Yoyo the article above is just healthy food,on here just work out your TDEE then eat as healthy as you can for five days and have two fast days where you eat either 800 calories or 600.

Hi everyone, quick check in. First and most important, good luck tomorrow Jean and Steve. Hope it all goes well and Steve gets home. Not a FD today, had hummus, oatcakes and two falafels for lunch, and off for a meal out tonight. Took the pooch to the seaside for a good two hour walk so worked up a good appetite. Will eat mindfully but really fancy a pud tonight. Will see how it goes!

Evening everyone

Firstly Jean hope everything goes well tomorrow for both of you 💗

Dave well done on a low fat and hope cottage pie hit the spot.

We’ve just got back home from lunch with our friend who has given us a large dog cage she no longer had use for for our grand puppy as she’s only been in a small one up until now but she is growing fast.

Had most definitely not been a controlled day today eating wise. Must be good tomorrow although a couple of 🍷and a chicken kebab are being had in the evening.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

Nana x

Mel..
    That’s a good walk and lovely on a beach too..enjoy your meal out tonight…

Nana..
    Lovely to be given a cage for your grandpuppy they soon grow up quick…enjoy your lovely meal tomorrow night…

Thanks for your kind wishes it does help…Steve has to have 2 hours of tests and scans before his biopsy at 10am 🤞..just hope he doesn’t bleed too much..

Jean x

I hope he has haddock and chips tomorrow.xx

Thanks Dave if he eats his haddock and chips that means everything has gone well 😀
    X

Just had a power cut…going to be off for two hours…so early to bed!

X

Hello lovely Brits and lovely Friday

Best wishes to Steve today, thinking of you both Jean and the journey to haddock and chips.

Chicken kebab sounds tasty NanaF, and chicken is lean, isn’t it!

2hour walk on the beach with pooch Mel, how lovely. Does your dog go swimming? Mine loves the water. We got him groomed last week, proper bath and brush and he still smells soft and lovely.

Is it cobs today Dave?

Hh – hope you’re having a lovely time in Somerset and come home to tidyish house. Think you much be getting some lovely warm weather. Forecast is beautiful for next week, not that I get to see too much of it during the week, but lovely and uplifting on a warm morning walk with Woof.

Hello Kay, Minols and Lynne too, hope all well.

It’s 5:04 and I’m up as couldn’t sleep so thought I might as well make some tea. Hope this isn’t going to turn into a habit. No doubt will go deeply back off just as the alarm goes off.

Controlled day today, no actual plans for food at all, maybe keep going until an omelette for tea later. Running tonight and actually looking forward to it. Pilates teacher says that now we can run for 30 mins, if we get into the habit of 3x per week the weight will drop off. Hope he’s right! But know I’ll also have to watch the calorie intake.

Off to the Midlands tomorrow for the weekend to visit the girls, taking Mum, Dad and Woof.

Right am going back to bed.

CW

Morning all… And especially Jean and Steve. You’ll be on your way already. Hope you had a peaceful night and you remember you’re in our thoughts and prayers today.

Our last day here – finishing off the things we haven’t seen. ‘suffered’ from having too good weather! Haven’t really done many of the inside things. Only bought one pair of ear-rings, but had a necklace fixed and a ring re-shaped.

We’ll take the weekend to travel home with ‘War of the Worlds’ Audiobooks to keep us occupied.

Hope you all finish your week’s well.

Mx

Jean hope all goes well for Steve and your both at the chippy tonight.Minols put war of the world’s music CD on,uulllaaarrrr.Thats a Great show war of the world’s, been to see it twice ,miserable weather here raining so I might need to put on my herr Flick coat when I take Heidi out.No chocolate diet this week but I did lose a pound.Not sure about cobs, will see what they look like.

Morning All..
    Raining here now…

Took Steve he’s a bit nervous on the procedure this morning and then to the park…naughty Charlie wouldn’t recall, first time in about 10 weeks, he wanted to do his own thing not good when I needed the loo!..unfortunately for him he got a bum smack when a lady took hold of his collar…he is quiet now knowing he was in the wrong.

I have another pound off this week Steve is maintaining, good considering he isn’t fasting or shall we say he is fasting in a fashion…if I eat low meals he does too..but he is trying to walk more and it takes more out of him so he burns the calories…but my low heartbeat takes a lot more effort to get in a burning mode..

Minols..
    Have a lovely drive home over the weekend…great to be outdoors when you get the good weather, especially you when your weather isn’t always the best. Safe travels…

Dave..
    Hope it’s not too rainy, although I put my wet weather gear on this morning it wasn’t too bad for me….he is sending me to chippy tonight 🤞well done on your pound off, a pound like me..

Cakey..
    What an early wake up..hope you got back to sleep. A lovely controlled day and a planned meal tonight..let’s hope the teacher is right and the weight falls off you…although the food intake has a lot to do with it…enjoy your family visit to the girls have a lovely time..

Hedgehog…
    Hope your breaks going well, safe journey home tomorrow…

Have a great weekend all…

Jean x

Back from shopping,no cobs😂. It’s absolutely pouring down, Heidi will have to wait.Haddock and chips plus mushy peas tonight 😛😋🤪.And Vegan chocolate ice cream for dessert,definitely no bowling today,the bowl would just stick and not move.

Update..
    Steve’s had his procedure, back on the ward, the specialist has just been and taken him off his oxygen. He’s been monitored for his slight bleeding, bed rest for three hours then another CT scan before he comes home..looking at 5pm to 6 pm before I can collect him…if all stays ok…

I feel lost without him..just had some lunch then must find something to do….take Charlie out before I go back to collect Steve.

Dave..
    You are kicking your heels too..enjoy your ice cream…

Jean x

Hi everyone, enjoyed my meal last night, chose wisely and didn’t have pudding after all. BUT drank way too much red wine. MFD again so should get it out of my system! Cakey, Jodie hates the water – she tiptoes round puddles too and avoids muddy bits on walks. What a diva! The rain hasn’t started here yet but gave the diva a good walk already in case it does. Dave loved the thought of your Herr Flic coat! Made me smile 😀. Jean, I wonder if Charlie is acting up a bit because he is picking up that things aren’t quite right at the moment? Just a thought. Let us know about Steve won’t you. Hopefully home not too late this afternoon. Hi to everyone else as well.

Think I will get wet and take Heidi out,she loves being rubbed down with her towel.Looking good for Steve then, finger’s crossed he stops bleeding, I know what it’s like when I get a tiny cut it goes on for ages🙄

Jean, our posts crossed. Glad you have heard from the hospital. The afternoon will pass and he will be home with you again. Have a nice walk with your little boy. Tell him from me to behave!

Mel..
    I think you could be right with Charlie, he seemed a bit all over Steve licking him and resting his head on him in the car…he wouldn’t normally do that…I think he knows he is ill……he has been through illness with his last owner I wonder if he can smell anything or hospitals…I can’t have him misbehaving as we were getting nearer to where the road is…he is usually very good.

X

Well I put my herr Flick coat on and Denise was giving me the Hitler salute.She said I need a walking stick.It was absolutely bouncing down but I stayed dry,got revenge on Denise, Heidi shook herself in front of Denise and she got soaked 😀😃😁.Hope it’s dry on Sunday, going to Old Trafford for cricket,think they play Durham.

Jean, hopefully not long before you can pick Steve up from hospital and fish and chips later x
    I agree with Mel about Charlie, he’s probably picking up on anxiety vibes.

Dave, I bet Denise wasnt impressed about having a Heidi shower!

Very damp here but still warm so front door is open.
    Day off but apart from a bit of tidying up and cleaning, nothing else planned.
    Fast day today, and weigh in tomorrow morning.
    We went out on the body boards yesterday afternoon although Im not sure it does my back any good! The waves were ‘2 ft and messsy’ which we discovered was hard work…lol…good fun though.

Evening All…
    Home now, Steve’s feeling sore but fine…a long day with lots of nurses fiddling about with him, he had 5 CT scans…we have had our haddock and chips really went down well…
    Specialist is hoping to get him in by the end of week, depending on beds….just waiting for biopsy results. Good news on one thing, the doctor doing the biopsy said it was hard getting two samples as it was very small.

Kay..
    Charlie’s been upset all day, he likes us all together, I dropped Steve off and left him!..he should of been in the car with us!..all fussy now…
    Your backs been bad for a while, I wouldn’t think body boarding would help the pain..heavy rain here.

Have a good weekend..

Jean x

Jean, yay he’s home and full of haddock and chips! Charlie happy cos all together again.

Evening everyone
    Jean am so pleased Steve is home and enjoyed his fish & Chips encouraging that it was a small tumour.

Cakey just finished my chicken kebab but couldn’t manage it all so will have the left over chicken in a sandwich tomorrow for lunch.still managing some more 🍷 though 😕

Minols safe journey back home.

Dave love War of The Worlds really envy you seeing the show. I’ve got the DVD of the show with Justin Hayward and Russell Watson also got the CD. Would love to see you in the Her Filck coat 😃.

Congratulations everyone on your weight losses.

Hope everyone has had a good day

Nanax

Morning All..
    Sunny at the moment..

A quiet weekend for us. We all had a good nights sleep with no mishaps..Charlie was tired he went up to bed at 8.30 with us following at 9.30…

I am going to try to have a low food day today….nothing really planned..pile of washing to go it….Steve just resting up for two days, no driving….he is ok better than we both thought, a bigger and deeper biopsy then the first one.

Hedgehog..
    Safe journey home and back to a signal….

Have a good weekend all…

Jean x

No weight loss this week, but didnt expect any…

Jean, glad that Steve is back home and the pack is back together x

Off to work in a bit then got a walk planned for this afternoon and a quiet evening.

We have submitted an application to be adopters at Shar-pei rescue organisation….not seen any we have clicked with yet, but wanted to get the forms in so we can get the formality done (hopefully) and then wait….excited but also feeling guilty and anxious…

Nana it was great to see Justin Hayward, I am a big Moody blues fan,the second time I seen war of the world’s it was Jason Donovan.I have the CD and also have it on vinyl,plus Amazon music and must see if it’s on Spotify 😄, still very wet here,the roads were like rivers yesterday and thunderstorms predicted later.Goung to cricket tomorrow so hope it dries out quickly at Old Trafford.Lemon chicken and Jersey potatoes for tea😋😋😋,seen this recipe on TV, Davina McCall did it.Pleased that Steve is doing ok.

Kay..
    How exciting to get on a list to adopt, don’t feel guilty when you are going to help a woofy…I think it’s really lovely…hope work goes well and a lovely walk later..

Dave..
    Your weather was really bad yesterday hope all the flooded places have dried now …..

Jean x

Going to have a new doggy on the posts then Kay? Lovely, but don’t understand what you feel guilty about? Dave I too like War Of the Worlds and saw Justin Hayward in it in London. I had my FD yesterday but went to bed with a bad headache, like someone was drilling behind my right eye! Today I feel like I am running on empty so am going to eat a bit more than I would have, think my body is saying it needs more.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,801 through 22,850 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.