Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,909 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 10 hours, 49 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,251 through 20,300 (of 35,396 total)

• Yesterdays fast failed, I bought mince pies on the way home and went crazy on them – I love them! Can’t stand Christmas pudding though, eurgh.

I always find home made mince pies have too much pastry, but maybe those are just the ones I’ve sampled. Lidl did really nice ones last year that had brandy cream icing on top instead of the pastry, mmmmm.

I saw an ad for Rum Chata. Has anyone tried it? Sounds nice, but I’m wondering if it’s just the same as Baileys…?

HH, hope today goes calmly for you all. I agree with Lynne, at least the horrible limbo stage finishes today and you can concentrate more on the lovely memories rather than what needs to be done. Well apart from the financial side…
    Kx

Mmmm….mince pies….I do like a good mince pie, but not if they are all dry pastry and very little filling.

Jean, Im going to try the stork and egg tips! I have used SR flour before, I think…lol cant remember as its years since I made some! Think Ive used butter…
    This is the first year in a while we’ve not been moving house at this time of year with things packed away!

Rum Chatta is nice 🙂
    Obviously a cream liqueur so on the lines of baileys but thinner and less sweet. I bought some a couple of years ago and it didnt last long!

Im going to have to brave the weather and leave Ellie on her own for an hour or 2 whilst I go and get some dog food and maybe something LARGE to wear tomorrow night!

Im going to fast again today. Yesterday wasnt too bad. A few more cals than I should have but if I do the same today, it will work out fine. Lets see if the scales agree!

Im considering getting an appt with the GP as Im not coping too well at the moment and Im wondering if its my tablets. Ive had a different brand this time and it could be coincidence or it could be the reason.
    Ill have to check and see how many I have left. Oh and google them…

Now do I wait for the delivery that’s due or risk going out..

Kx

Kindred spirit, Dave… Never liked minced pies!

FD not too bad so far, but I have to speak at a contentious meeting so need to just watch how I feel if I’m not going to get snarky! Forgot to take souk out of the freezer so will have to try and de-frist in the micro.

How’s today gone, HH? You’ll be shattered so I really hope you have somethings calm and gentle planned for the next few days.

Right – dog to walk before it’s too dark.

Mx

We have had a good fast day…a bit hungry but fine….all finished for the day now..

Update on SIL…11 stitches on his hand and 27 on his knee…ouch!…he lost a lot of clear oozing water from his knee stitches today, he was a bit worried but swelling gone down and it looks quite tidy..

Hope all is going well for everyone…All is quiet on here…. all busy?

Jean

Don’t think today’s FD will work either, too stressed which erupted into full blown rage towards the end of the day – was so angry I started getting chest pains, can’t be a good sign. Got in and immediately devoured one of the remaining mince pies.

Hope todays been as ok as it can be, HH.

Pseu..
    Don’t get stressed you can’t change what you can’t change….go with the flow, relax in a bath and have you time..

Xx

Just got home from Warrington,fast day gone well not been hungry at all.Traffic murder on motorway but got home safe and sound.Got an email from the euro lottery,I have won it came last night but not checked it yet, probably be one or two pounds 😁.It goes dark so early these days, going to be a late night tonight, hockey starts at midnight.

Jean, I know I tell myself that but it doesn’t work. 🙁

Broadband is quicker tonight 211 meg download speed.

Not quite the FD in the end but under 1000, so a low one.

In work tomorrow afternoon from 1 til 5 so going to keep up with fluids and maybe have some porridge for lunch!
    My first shift by myself in the office in charge of the site, with 3 arrivals to check in! Im sure it will be fine but there is a lot of paper work!

A quick turn around at home as Im out for my meal at 7pm, well probably before that as I think thats what time we’re eating, or at least meeting up, so I dont want to completely fast during the day as 1 glass of wine and I’ll be either asleep or tipsy!

Just waiting for Neil to get home from work, then we will watch this evenings masterchef before going to bed. It makes it a late night but he cant go straight to bed so we chill for a bit.

Pseu, I hope you managed to relax a little bit. Its definitely not good for you to get so stressed/angry but I know what you mean about not being able to stop it. We need to help you try and find ways of dealing with the stuff you cant change…

Dave, a euromillions win..woohoo! I used to love those emails, then logging in to find Id won £3 or something! I dont do it any more.

Jean, well done on your fast. Ive nothing much planned after tomorrow, so Im going to plan at least 2 FDs next week, maybe Sunday even as Im working and Neils back on lates..

Yayy, hes home…I might be in bed before 12.30..lol

Kx

Phew, Friday at last!
    I don’t know if I’m going to fit another FD in this week, I keep intending to and then changing my mind half way through the day. Ah well, what will be will be.

Morning All..

Raining all day is forecast ..☹️…car is desperate for a clean could end up at the car washers…

First batch of pies being made for the freezer this morning…Steve moaned yesterday and told me not to bake on a FD……it doesn’t bother me…

Kay..
    Enjoy your night out tonight and hope you find something to wear…do you go to a big town near you, which is the closest ?…Rum Chatta I don’t know that one…hope you can sort your tablets out…

Lynne..
    Enjoy your night too and sniff of the apron…looks like Haddock and chips tonight at our restaurant we haven’t been for a while….feeling the need…

Pseu..
    Last day at work…have a lazy weekend and not to much uni work…have ‘you’ time..

Dave..
    Your speed is great…we only live in a small village, ours is quite good as on fibre but not like yours, other people near us not on fibre are a lot lower…….SIL has your sort of speed in Hull…

Hedgehog..
    Hope your day went as good as funerals go, it helps you all move forward and helps your Mum too…she will get terribly lonely and miss him in a different way to you…

Up date on our weight a pound off each……so pleased with that..going down slowly..😀

Have a good day..

Jean x

Out of curiosity, how many of you actually count on NFDs to stick to TDEE?

I think that might be where I’m going wrong, though not much point starting in the next few weeks.

Pseu…

I don’t count any more on FD or normal day…after three years I know roughly what it is….the only time I count again is if I am not loosing weight and I know I haven’t been naughty…

We are going for the push in the new year so may start counting again and up some excerise…

Steve needs to get his tummy off and now he is well we have to get a plan in place…

Jean x

You’re around maintaining weight though aren’t you Jean?

Pseu…
    I am 4 lbs off goal but aiming for 7 lbs off which is just a bit more…giving me wriggle room..

Steve could do with 13 lbs off…that’s what I would like for him..he says half a stone…he seems to be moving in weight after sitting about being unwell this last year…so that’s good…

We are away again for three weeks for our surprise visit plus Xmas so definitely will be counting when back…..we will never get totally maintaining but you have to live..it’s controlling it the best you can..

If we were not fasting we both could be up by 3 stone plus….put it in perspective so quite happy really..

Ps…my mince pies melt in your mouth…I had to have two to confirm this 😂..in freezer now ☹️

Jean x

All very true. Mmm, your mince pies sound lovely. I was a bit disappointed by the ones I bought… though I still scoffed them all! Did you buy a mince pie mix or make the filling from scratch too?

I always try to go 200 below TDEE on non fast days.I haven’t been counting lately but will see how I go next year.

Pseu…
    I agree with Dave, when counting I always keep under 200 cals of my tdee …except my day off Friday I may go to my full tdee then…

X

I took Heidi out and when i got outside the heavens opened.There was a little white dog right outside our house so Heidi went straight to it they played for a bit then the rain got very heavy so the little dog stood under Heidi to shelter from the rain,Heidi didnt move.

Busy day doing school visits, so ivve been fairly controlled for me after a fast. Soup yesterday was perfect!

Got a difficult meeting tonight so my chips will be late. And tomorrow I’m doing bacon rolls for the boy’s brigade wgo are prepping the church for Christmas. All go this weekend. And I think Sunday will have to be a fast as I’ve got lunch out on Monday.

Hope you ve all got relaxing plans for the weekend.

That’s the dog rolling and looking significantly from me to the door, so I’d better get him out.

Mx

Up at stupid o’clock….busy head and can’t settle….we went to bed early as Steve has picked up a throat bug and was feeling under the weather…

Sat having a hot milky drink see if that does the trick..

X

Morning All..
    Very windy but bright….

Both not ourselves today, Steve has sore throat, headache and cold sores …I am not %100 but ok…one is laid dying and one has jobs to do…😂..we both didn’t sleep much at all…

My head is busy, Christmas, visiting friends at Christmas and what am I taking food wise and holiday…not enough days left….lol….difficult on not telling anyone where we are going and to keep it a secret …with Facebook things get told too quick…

School mince pies to be done today at some stage…to be taken to daughters tomorrow…hope we are brighter…we have Great Grandma on SILs side also visiting she will be 94 ish I would hate to pass anything on….

I have missed breakfast not really bothered today which is unusual for me..All very quiet on here…

Have a good weekend…

Jean x

Your up and I had just gone to bed Jean😁just been out with Heidi,its fairly warm today, going to Blackburn tomorrow unless it snows, don’t think it will.Not had anything to eat myself today, will leave it until tonight I think unless I get really hungry.

Dave..
    Just had a scone…not good for weight but nice…bacon butties for tonight..

I have been gargling with whisky 😂…for my sore throat…

Snows not about is it?…enjoy your game…

Jean x

Still not had any food,nicy juicy steak later, will watch the football at 5-30 first then eat.No snow about but I don’t like driving in snow,so if it ever snows I will stay at home.Watching top of the pops from various years, Christmas songs.

Evening all sorry for being AWOL have got a stinking cold and it was myneighbours funeral today.

1lb off for me this week

Tabbby…
    Well done on your 1 lb off this week….

Never a good time for a funeral but I hope it went as good as they can go…

Hope you soon feel better …we have bugs at this end too….

Jean x

Morning All…

A lovely blue sky morning….

Going up to see daughter at 1 pm for lunch….taking my pies and made her two fruit loaves for next Saturdays School Fete….

Next 10 days free of appointments so the calm before the storm 😂

Hedgehog and Katie..
    Thinking of you both..keep your chins up..sending both of you ‘hugs’…we are here when you are ready to come back…

Have a good day…

Jean x

Good afternoon all

still got the lurgy and hubby coming down with it too was suppose to go to daughters for Sunday dinner but with her being due anytime soon have decided not to go as dont want her getting this cold.

Jean hope you enjoy your lunch with your daughter.

Hedgehog and Katie thinking of you both and sending you hugs

Tabby xx

Good afternoon,my son has gone to watch Manchester City women play football so I might pick him up because we are going to Blackburn later.The chocolates In the kitchen are getting harder and harder to resist but so far they remain unopened.Nice sunny day here too,if anyone has go BT sports put BT sport one on and you will see.Late night and it will be 9-30 before I eat tonight,just had sausages on toast.

Fasting today..just waiting for my veg burger to cook….

Fridays weigh in saw me up by 1lb and goodness knows what I am now, after meal out and alcohol on Friday night and a sluggish day yesterday!

Still waiting to see what is happening to the company who owns the holiday park where I work….KPMG doing an audit it seems and presenting options..
    Ho hum..

Delayed the mince pie making until tomorrow so Im not tempted!

Neil back on lates so Im home alone for 3 evenings, so need to stay strong!

I feel really annoyed with myself for putting the weight back on. Ive done it before and I will do it again, and get back down again, but its annoying and I really cant afford to let go over christmas as it will be even worse ;-(

1 stone needs to come off to get back to my lowest in last year or so and then another 4-7lbs to get to where I really want to get back to.
    Im going to have to find some other exercise to do now that we can’t go walking with Ellie.

Hope everyone is ok and has had a good weekend.

HH and Katie, thinking of you both.

Kx

If I was to be what they say my healthy weight should be I would need to lose about 7 stone😁that’s not going to happen ever.Wouldnt want to be that light.At Blackburn Ice rink,very cool here,pity it’s not a summer sport.

Evening All..
    We had a good couple of hours at daughters, a bit of more company joined us from the out laws but a change…a bit too much sort of buffet food so not good on calories, with cakes and mince pies…she is another baker never buys shop bought stuff…

Dave…
    That’s a lot to loose to be in a healthy range…as Steve says no way…I don’t mind snow but I won’t drive in fog….

Kay…
    Oooh that’s a lot you have put on…I think not posting sends you hay wire…you have lost before you can do it again…maybe a line drawn at the start of the new year…I think we will have to be stricter ourselves. I feel a bit podgy around my middle, I am not usually like that it’s after my holiday.

Tabbby..
    Hope you soon feel better…Steve is much better today…I am gargling with whiskey for my throat, I feel a bit rough..I might have a hot whiskey and lemonade later…I am fasting but it’s medicinal!

Jean x

Hello gorgeous ones

Thinking of everyone in the group as Christmas approaches, more than our fair share of sadness for some this year and Christmas can be a mix of poignant emotions.

I’ve got an early flight tomorrow, will need to be away by 5 am, back home late Wed then only one more trip before Christmas.

Had the most lovely shopping day with my youngest and enjoyed the day off on a Friday. Unfortunately I had to work most of today to keep on top of things but worth every minute to have the time together. Most of my shopping done so now I can enjoy the wrapping and baking which I enjoy. Although haven’t even started my Christmas cake yet and I have 3 to make. Mine never get time to be fed and improve. This year I’m only going to make half the size as last year H ended up eating it all, I don’t think i had a single piece.

Weight been up and down all week but had a controlled weekend so maintained. I’ll settle for that. Wondering if I can manage to fast tomorrow with an 18 hour day. In some ways it should be easier as no time to think about food, but still depends on that will power.

Hope you all have a good nights sleep and wake up refreshed for the week ahead.

CW

Hockey was good but my hands were very cold,it’s one of the coldest rinks I have been in.I don’t like Christmas cake or mince pies so that’s not a problem, chocolate is though,and may have a beer or two,then again I might go without,I will be 65 in January so possibly have a beer then.I must sort something out about exercises now rehab has finished,and I have two weeks to go for an assessment or they will stop it.

Lol Jean…thanks..yes I have!! 🤣

In fairness, its been a while since I was down to being a pound under 10 stone, most of this year I have been hovering between 10.8 and 10.12 so my current weight of 11 stone is 6lbs up.
    I told myself I wouldnt go up to the 11 mark again but here I am!

Anyway a successful FD today.
    I probably should count calories tomorrow and then Im going to fast again on Tuesday.

Jean, glad you had a nice afternoon with family.

Dave, that made my cold reading your post!

CW, hope your penultimate trip goes well and your willpower stays strong if you decide to fast.

Tabby, hope you arent too bad with the lurgy. A couple of people in work seem to have had a throat viral thing so Im just hoping I avoid it!

Kx

Kay it was cold,brrrrrr

Morning all! Thanks all of you for thinking of me…just been a bit busy over the weekend.
    Funeral went as well as they can, mum was distraught but kept it together, the boys were upset at seeing her like that. But she managed better than I thought at the wake, lots of people there.
    My aunt & uncle stayed for a few days supposedly to help, but as mum couldn’t cope with cooking we’ve had them for some meals, & had phone calls & chats about what they’re doing, so might as well have done it ourselves! Mum has been so forgetful & confused, my aunt was shocked & said she’s just the same as my nan was, so quite worrying…
    More forms to sort out today.
    Fasting today; I need to as I’ve been on a 4 day carb binge! Our friends from Holland came over at the weekend too & brought some lovely dutch Christmas goodies, which I’ve been munching on!!

Morning all, fairly short day in work for me today, just doing a half day, then I’m off to Cardiff with my mother, we’re going for an Indian and then we’ll watch War of the Worlds, looking forward to it.
    I fasted over the weekend, so I did get my extra days in – usually on Monday I feel like a slug, and I didn’t want to be feeling fat and bloated in my nice clothes. Tomorrow will probably be a fast to try to counteract the curry I’ll be chowing on later. 😀
    I would say I hope all are well… but it doesn’t sound like many of you are!

HH, glad the funeral went as well as it could. Definitely worrying about your mum, your nan had dementia?

CW, I don’t know how you do all this travelling, I’d curl up in a ball somewhere. Needs must I suppose.

Edit: Do you guys ever have trouble being blocked as a spam poster? It’s happened to me a couple of times, had to email admin this morning to be allowed back on.

Morning All….

Feeling very grotty, hacking cough, sore crackling chest, feeling sorry for myself..a duvet day or I will try and shake it off…😂 …Steve is improving but he’s finding it hard to breathe…

Cakey..
    You are so busy, safe flight to you today….you will be safe with flight food 🥵..lol

Lovely to have a girlie day shopping with your youngest, I think they are special days ….Xmas cakes I would knock on them on the head this year too close to Xmas..too many calories any way, I just can’t make them other years I have had a full stone has gone on 😬

Hedgehog..
    Your lovely friend from Holland with a basket of naughties uummm lovely…a big worry for you about your Mum hope she steadies out a bit as she settles into her new life…she is lucky to have you and your sister close…we would be in a pickle…

Pseu..
    Enjoy your half day off..lovely to be out with your mum enjoy your Indian meal and the War if the World.

Dave..
    You sounded so cold…brrrr….soon be chocolate time 😂

Kay..
    A stone isn’t too bad, put your thoughts to a new start after Christmas….you must try to find zero calorie drink what you like when you go on those wonderful walks to the coast and pub…hard I know…

We will have the push from about the 21st January just saying to Steve we must start some excerise and being more thoughtful on food…after all these years of 5.2 you lapse a bit..not on fasting for us but the bits inbetween….

We are here to help each other….we all need it at times….

We are fasting today…

Have a good day…

Jean x

Pushing on fasting…I feel so grotty…went shopping to see if it would clear me but not…a bit dizzy…spoke to my sister but had to put the phone down with the coughing…hey ho hope it soon goes…

Jean x

I have been blocked two times and had to email admin.Not had any food yet but bought a giant cream cake in Morrisons, it’s my son’s birthday today😁 walking past all the chocolate made me drool.I went in for Kirsty meals but it was full of Christmas junk jealous of you going to see War of the World’s,I have been twice to see it,I managedo get it free on Amazon music,so Denise is sick if hearing it😁I have it in CD and Vinyl.

My son had gone to the gym so the cake remains untouched.It is getting very hard to resist the choccy especially when in supermarkets but managed up to now, Denise bought a big Ferrero Rocher, hopefully it will be mine😍😍😍, still had no food so doing well.

Good luck with the cake Dave….x

Still untouched 😍😍😍😍😍

😇😇😇😇😇😇😇

Yes I am 😇😇😇

Evening everyone

Pseudo, hope you enjoy WOTW. Got the house to myself this evening, so have joined you ‘virtually’ and had it playing in the background as I did some work. Love the narration and the music.

Dave, so much temptation, well done for resisting.

HH, hope things settle with Mum. Hard to differentiate what’s the result of big changes and what is potentially more long term.

Jean, hope you’re both feeling better soon. Great to have a ‘secret holiday’ to look forward to.

Kay, I’ve put on about a stone since holiday, and want to loose 7-10lb on top of that. Damage limitation for me until after Christmas.

Cakey, I seriously don’t know how you do it. I’ve had what I consider a long day and it’s nothing to compared to what you work.

Tabby, hope the lurgy soon clears, lots about at this time of the year.

Minols, how were the bacon rolls?

Weight holding steady, but on a course now for a few days with lots of temptations – Quality Street and too many food outlets in the city centre. Also lots of work to do, a bit old for homework, but an exam on Wednesday afternoon so needs must.

Hectic week this week. Need to try to work from home on Friday as Hannah comes back from placement down west on Thursday and goes skiing on Friday and needs a lift at lunchtime to catch her coach. She could make her own way, but I’d like to see her off. She gets back on 22nd, so the day after I break up for Christmas.

Dave just copied you and downloaded WOTW on Amazon, so that’s my bus journey sorted for the morning.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Lynne x

Viewing 50 posts - 20,251 through 20,300 (of 35,396 total)

You must be logged in to reply.