Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,910 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 23 seconds ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,851 through 17,900 (of 35,397 total)

• Evening everyone,

Quick one from me tonight.

CW, great news about your daughter, you must be bursting with pride and she must be elated.

FD went well yesterday, but had a bit of a blow out tonight, beer, magnum and cashews. Probably not too bad, but definitely a touch of self indulgence. I was expecting this to be a tough week and have had another bit of bad news today. This afternoon I was called to a meeting with around 180 colleagues to be told we’re being made redundant, probably effective from January 2019.

I’m in work tomorrow and off Thursday and Friday, so may try to fast tomorrow and then finally get on with the glossing when I’m off. But the way things are at the moment, anything could happen.

Enough of the moaning, I’ve had a few good weeks of losses and don’t want to throw it all away with comfort eating, but really miss having someone to share my feelings with. The girls are great, but really missing Phil tonight.

Sorry for the downer, another day tomorrow.

Lynne x

Lynne, sending you hugs xx
    A tough week just made even tougher 🙁
    Glad the girls are with you, even if it’s not the same.
    Don’t plan, take the days as they come. If you feel like fasting, then do so but if you don’t, don’t beat yourself up. You’ve been doing really well and a few off track times aren’t going to sabotage things.

You know where we are if you need more ears..

Oooo still got the glossing to look forward to. It’s not all bad then 😉 x

Lynne.. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just take it easy… just read your message and I am there with you.

Its not an easy road to walk . you think you have got it all together than bang something hits you.

That’s the really hard bit when you need that special someone that has shared your hopes dreams and fears for so many years. Just to run stuff by them.

It doesn’t matter how good anyone is to you they just cant get in there with you.

Take care Dear Lynne as Kay says we are always here for you .. have a good moan to us… I am sure you also have the added pressure of staying cool for your girls.

Life is a B at times. Xxxx

Lynne- really sorry to hear about your job, such a shame when they’d been so understanding with you… Sending you a very big bear hug… Please do moan- you should do more moaning! I can understand you not wanting to undo the good work you’ve done, but it’s hard to fast when you’re having a difficult time. Thinking of you xxxx

Hedge…oh the statues in the garden! Just thought you must be v.grand lol😀
    Hemmy, I’m a feeder, daughters not, learning lessons from her- never thought I would say that- especially with our 6yr old grandson, I have to always think twice, over feeding and giving treats, is my default,and I accept I’m not doing anyone any favours.
    Jean….That’s cats for you…I think it just used up a life
    Brads.. Are you fasting today?
    I’ve stopped doing crazy maths, 3,500 =1lb gone out of my memory.
    FD today will try fluid all day and a salad tonight, just veg.
    I’m getting quite good on M F B and finding it useful- hence yesterday’s obsession with calories.😊
    Have a good day all

CW -Amazing results for your daughter- you don’t get that result without a huge amount of hard work-respect 👍🏻
    Lynn- sending you positive vibes, keep with it, at least it’s something you can have control over X

Good morning Hedgehogs .. Goosey and all. Xx

Well a cloudy start here but very warm… our local forecast gives sunshine and high temps from tomorrow for a while. Yay.

Cakey .. you must be a so very proud Mum.. well done to your girl for brilliant results .. . lots of hard work must have gone on for the achievement. Xx

Hedgehogs.. enjoy your day .. is it a mindful eating day for you. Was it easy to get back to keto after your week-end break. Xx

Goosey Yes.. it is so easy to think you must feed the world… especially if you are from a family where you must ” always have a pkt of biscuits in for guests.” well no more for me now .. there are no crisps .. biscuits .. chocolate in any tucked away position in this cottage. Lolol. Have a good day. Xx

A good FD yesterday .. back to half a pound below best weight will be careful today. .. FD tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone in our little corner …

Brit lovelies… Time is more valuable than money… You can get more money but you cant get more time. Spend it wisely Xx

Morning All..
    An early start traffic not to bad.. on the wait now for 12.45. flight…

Lynne..
    So sorry to hear your news not very good.. you are just getting back in the swing again… moan as much as you want too it helps to get it off your chest.. I have been through it twice it’s not nice.. sometimes it can continue on past the date they have given. Hugs to you..

Goosey..
    I think all us mums feed the clan .. grandchildren too, my daughter was don’t give this and don’t give that on her first, now she says when it’s gone it’s gone, still three children now.

Hemmy..
    I do like what you say and it’s right…I don’t think I could not have anything in to give…well done on the downward trend.. coffees working, may take that on board at daughters.. if I can..

Have a good day all…

Jean x

I know what it’s like being made redundant, happened to me twice,but you always bounce back, so not the end of the world, even though it sometimes gets like it. No fast day today, tomorrow is my fast day, going to see Denise’s mum then.

Morning everyone.

Lynne, I’m so sorry to hear about the job. I hope you’re feeling a bit better about things this morning, a tough one. xx

Jean, I thought you were going to say the suitcase was heavy and somehow the cat was inside! 😀 I’ve lost my cats numerous times and found them shut in a cupboard or somehow in the spare bedroom – where I only open the door about once a month. I had kittens once that used to go under the chest of drawers, climb up the inside and curl into a nest at the back of the drawer. They took some finding! Hope the trip goes quickly!

CW, well done to your daughter, that’s a brilliant result!

I’ve changed things up a bit. At the beginning of June I knew I’d put on weight since things were getting tight, and just couldn’t seem to control myself on my days off. Now that my birthday and the walking festival are out of the way I’ve changed over onto keto, just over a week in, I’m not finding it that hard. I’m not a big carb eater anyway, but I do find it annoying not throwing in all the veggies I like because it takes the carb levels too high.
    I don’t know if I’ve lost much weight yet, not got around to checking. I’m normally bloated this time of the month anyway so it’s a bit hard to get a definite result from measurements – which I want to judge by more than the scales. Most of the videos I’ve watched said keto works best with intermittent fasting, but the fasting they do seems to be just not eating in the day, and then having a normal dinner – I normally do that anyway since I don’t like eating in the day… so that’s the type of fasting I’m doing at the moment – does that mean I’m still allowed on here?
    I might bring in one day a week of full fasting eventually, but I’m holding off on that until I’m sure I’m fully in the keto swing and know exactly what I’m doing. HH, hows it going with your keto?

HI all

Lynne – sorry this week is so rough. Sounds like a major thing at your work for everybody, and a difficult 6 months ahead. Really hope it turns into an opportunity in the long run, but in the meantime, you know where we are for all moaning purposes!

CW – well done, your girl.

The ‘new’ car is an old sirocco – beautiful and sleek and named ‘Windy’! The OH is not allowed to take anything off it or tinker with it in any way until the car that disappeared whole into the garage he built at the back comes back out whole (I know it’s in pieces in there!)!

The double de-clutching thing, is when you depress the clutch and pop the gear lever into neutral, raise the clutch, lower it again instantly and pop the gear lever into the lower gear. Things were grinding a little yesterday when the car got thororoughly warm on the motorway so my clever OH donned his overalls last night, went underneath the back end and did something with the clutch/gear box, and so far today all is as smooth as. Remarkable!

Jean – hope you’ve had a good journey, and are loving being with the family. When you surface, I want to pick your brains on inulin – how you take it.

Hemmy – I may have two weeks to weigh in, but I’m not expecting much. I’m in the entirely static phase, similar to what Steve went through last year, I think…but for totally different reasons – I’m blaming the hormones! But like Steve, I’m determined to look on the ‘bright’ side and think of what I would weigh if I were not controlling things with fasting! It’s a bit of a shame, really, because I was so close to target when I went trekking last autumn. Oh well.

Right, I must get two things written before my lovely big tub of skyr. NFD for me today.

Mx

Brads,,, My friend lost loads of weight on doing 16-8… started breakfast whatever she fancied at 8am .. had a cooked lunch at midday .. sandwich and cake 4pm teatime.

Found it very easy … that timing suited them. Xx

Hemmy – it makes for a long evening! If it’s possible to have a later breakfast, that would probably be my preference…but not practical for everyone.

I know a lot of people on here go through times when they shorten the eating window – another good discipline, and anything that helps keep us in control is a good thing!

Mx

Hi All
    F.D today tea, coffee,water,
    Vegetable salad, 2 tbsp pumpkin seed + 1 tbsp French dressing = 340 Cals,
    Would never have guessed pumpkin seed and French dressing sooo high in Cals- thanks FBP

That should be thanks MFP, I keep calling it Fitbit pal😊

Hemmy- well done on the weight! Going well for you…
    Pseudo- glad you’re back on, & giving keto a go might help you! I’m loving it, TBH, having lots of cheese, which I’ve avoided for a long time because of the calories! I’m trying to up the veg & use up most of the carbs for that- there’s a lot of people on the keto forum I go on who just have pretty much meat, so zero carb, but then others who relax a little & go over 20g if it’s for veg. Don’t worry too much about fasting on keto to start with if you’re hungry, your body has to get used to the keto, then later fasting isn’t as hard.(Hemmy, I didn’t find it hard getting back to keto, I don’t seem to have the cravings for the sweet stuff now, thankfully.)
    Goosey- well done for your FD- it is surprising sometimes how little things can add up the calories! We are definitely not grand- statue is more of an ornament really, a column with a ball thing on the top. Only a small garden & it’s never really looked great, keep doing little bits here & there, so it never really all fits together properly! I’ve always had ideas for it, but they usually get vetoed!
    Dave- how’s Denise’s Mum getting on?
    Minols- a sirocco, ooh I’m jealous! I’d rather skip the breakfast & eat in the evening too…
    Jean- hope that you have a good flight!
    Kay- hope you’ve had a good day?
    Hand up, guilty, I’m a feeder too!
    Well, we are knackered- got the gravel done round the patio & back of the house- it’s an 8″ wide strip, had to dig loads out to get the board in, even filling it all back in & putting the slate down we still have about 10 sacks of turf to take to the tip tomorrow! It does look nice though, thankfully! Hubby has said no more garden projects please- I secretly agree, I ache too much! I also have bad sunburn- a downside of losing weight is that my old trousers were a bit loose, slipped down so I have a very sore strip of red just above the builders bum…Hopefully we’ll be able to sit & enjoy it all soon…
    How many are fasting tomorrow? FD for me.

Going to see Denise’s mum tomorrow.Its my old neighbours funeral on the 4th of July, so we will go, don’t know if anyone else will be there.

HH, I think I might have messed it up and have been eating too many calories. How you are meant to eat loads of fat but not loads of calories stumps me.

Morning all.
    Woke up up a while ago… First thought – it’s a FD. Second thought… Oh, but I’m actually hungry this morning! Don’t know how this is going to go! But I’ve got two major meetings today and about an hour’s drive between them which I’m hoping to be brave anougj to do on the moped… Can’t eat and ride, I figure!

Anyone else fasting?

Mx

Morning all!
    Minols- I’ve had those hungry thoughts too on FDs! Hope there won’t be any goodies at your meeting?! Stay strong, & I’m fasting too today…
    Pseudo- you don’t have to worry about calories, eat til your satiated (I was constantly hungry the first 3 weeks!) You count carbs, & keep an eye on protein, but I think for vegetarians we probably have less protein than most people, so I don’t tend to count mine. But if you restrict calories then you can slow down your body’s adjustment to burning fat as it’ll slow the metabolic rate. There’s lots of good info & podcasts by the 2 Keto dudes
    ( https://www.ketogenicforums.com/ ), & Jason Fung has done lots of talks, not had time to listen to much myself though, but I do read a lot on the forum!

That’s what I originally thought, but when I looked up why nothing seemed to be happening it said to check my calories since that still affects you, and I was way over what I’d normally be eating. :S
    Fung seems to focus mainly on intermittent fasting from what I can tell. I’ll have a look on that forum and see what people on there say… the thing is, I’ve been watching loads of videos/reading loads of stuff and the general consensus seems to be that you also need to cut calories. Part of the reason I liked the look of keto is that I thought there would be less calorie counting… I think it’s making me moody too, but maybe it’s because I’m not that far in yet.

Good morning Pseu… Hedgehogs .. Mino. and all Xx

A fresher day with blue sky and sun.. so will take that. Lol

I am joining the Fasters today… Just doing the coffee again .. its so easy and no cooking or fiddling around in the kitchen.. We are all different though and have to do what suits us..

Decided on a little trip into Buckingham… its a pretty little town and easy journey cheap parking.

Charity shops here I come.. get your size 12 tops out. Lol

Enjoy the day everyone whatever you are doing…

Brit lovelies… Don’t ever save anything for a special occasion.. being alive is a special occasion. xx

Thanks for that forum link HH, it has cleared things up a bit. 🙂

Good luck to everyone fasting today.

How are you feeling Lynne?

Morning All…

Flight good and car journey good.. ordered a very small car they upgraded to a truck!! A play thing for Steve !!

Heavy security at Manchester we were searched twice, swabbed, we l must look like drug users 😂

I woke up to 25 emails ..😬.. and awake at 4am, time zones…

Going shopping and Steve staying with the children, they don’t like shopping 😂!!

Minols..
    The inulin.. a teaspoon in tea or coffee twice a day..put in before the boiling water..then it doesn’t clog up..does make you windy the first couple of weeks..it feeds the gut.. fibre ..

Have a good FD everyone

Jean x

At mother in law’s house now,she is ok, eating well today but is worried because she has dropped three dress sizes, worried about cancer.

Jean, glad you both arrived safely. Swabbed in airport security 😯 must have definitely looked dodgy. Hope the shopping was good!

HH, glad your statue is in place, even if you arent too sure about it now! I did chuckle about the description of you filling it up though! You have a partner, Pseu, on the keto now.

Dave, hopefully Denises mum has just lost weight from being poorly recently. If appetite is good then thats a start.

Goosey, you seem to be doing well with counting the cals on MFP. It certainly shows how easy it is to have a mouthful of extra cals very easily.

Minols, did you use your moped to get from 1 to thed other?

Pseu, good luck with the keto approach, hope it works for you.

Hemmy, keep up the coffees! Im enjoying the weather too.

CW, how fantastic about your daughters results! Whats her plans?

Lynne, hope work today is ok given the news the other day. There will be lots of unhappy and worried people I guess. When I had the chance to take voluntary redundancy, I took it and never regretted it. So hopefully it will lead to different opportunities for you. Will be thinking about you tomorrow x

Ive tried to keep on top of food intake these last 2 days, but my heads not in right place. Im worried about ellie and Ive been doing a bit of comfort eating…annoyingly! Trying to hold back a bit today.

Looks like the weather has changed again and we are heading for another heatwave. Glad about that as it compensates that we have already reached the longest day today!

I have managed to avoid the football so far!!! F1 on at the weekend and Im working Friday and Saturday so a few distractions.

Hope everyone ok x

Evening!
    Hemmy & Jean- hope that the shopping is successful!!
    Hemmy- another good FD, love your positive sayings for the day!
    Pseudo- the first 2-3 weeks were hard, but it does get easier. You’re probably less of a carb eater than me, I was terrible before I started keto!
    Kay- thinking of you, being worried about Ellie…Ugh, had forgotten today was the longest day, thanks for the reminder 🙁 Dry but chillier here…
    Dave- hope that your MIL is okay, it’s a worry when someone loses that much weight….
    Minols- hope that your FD was successful.
    Goosey- when’s your next FD? Were you fasting today?
    Cakey- hope that your week’s not been too hectic!
    Lynne- thinking of you xx
    Typhoo- hope you’re still with us; fasting tomorrow?
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone?
    Getting a bit hungry now, been okay through the day. More time in the garden- hubby agreed that we needed some sort of screening behind the ornament thing, so after the tip run went & bought some bamboo screening, & we put that up… looks way better now & shows of the statue/ ornament off much better! I am not allowed to think of anything else to do in the garden, but hubby has organised someone to come round next week for a quote to change the old storage heaters- which will mean redecorating probably as they won’t be the same size…!
    Off to cook hubby’s dinner now- it’s all 3 at different times again tonight!

Just got home in time for football 😁 only had two cups of tea and one coffee up to now.But feeling hungry.

Afternoon All..
    Taking it slowly .. Steve having a nap..jet lag hits you more when older..

Only food shopping, garden loungers and mugs needed.. daughter is trying to get the house ready for holiday let’s so lots to do.. her garden and outside area is really lovely lots of hard work paid off..

Dave..
    Sorry to hear MIL not too good, wrong weight loss is always a worry..

Kay..
    Such a worry with Ellie too.. hope she picks up a bit..
    Thanks for the reminder of F1 may be able to pick it up from here..

Hedgehog..
    One job always leads to another.. story of my life.. glad the gardens finished and looks nice..

Hemmy..
    Is it Mums shopping day? Have a good one..

Have a good fasting day..

Jean x

Hi FB Brits. Xx

FD going well just having my last coffee.. not too bad at all .

Had a nice day… got 2 new size 12 tops… a bit different to my usual quite plain style… … One which sort of has a ruched bit down the side to the waist… very flattering . Then a pretty turquoise t shirt with a floral print down the front… both quit jazzy for me but I thought well the hell… go for it. Lolol.

Pseu… think you just have to keep on working it tweaking it till you come up with something that suits you and doable for life… don’t think diet think a forever lifestyle… that you can do. Xx

Sym… Oh so glad you arrived safe and sound… enjoy the time with your family .. bet they are so pleased to see you and you them. Xx

Brads .. always a worry when weight is dropped without dieting… if she is eating though that is the main thing. Xx

Kay … I bet you are worried about your darling Ellie … If she is not in pain… eating .. drinking .. I don’t have to tell you though Kay .. you are a wonderful Mum to her … I do keep thinking about you Kay. All my very best wishes are with you both. Xx

Hedgehogs… You and hubby sound like you have been busy in the garden.. all worth it though…. best to do those heaters now in the summer months if you also have too… decorate too. Enjoy your evening. Xx

Lynne … Hope you are ok… They do say… One door closes another one opens… I am sure you didn’t need that work news just now… but you are a very strong lady and it will all turn out well for you . xx

Hope everyone else in our little gang is having a good day. Xx

Sending love and thoughts Lynne – we are always here for you. Life is so cruel and wish I could make things better and ease the pain xx

Well half packed and starting to think the hols are nearly here. Leaving as soon as finish work tomorrow

Hem – new clothes sound so lovely and with a heatwave around the corner, enjoy feeling so lovely

Glad you arrived safe Jean, your daughters house and garden sound as pretty as a picture. Enjoy your family time.

Hh 3 different meals again, you are so good. We had a holiday takeaway. Partly because I’ve been rubbing trg fridge down and mainly because it was an easy tasty naughty treat

Sad to hear Ellie really isn’t well Kay, we have more than our fair share of furry sadness on this thread.

You sound really determined about the keto pseu – interested to see how it works for you.

Did the moped make the long journey Minols? Hope you’ve had a good one.

Thinking about Denise’s mum Dave – losing weight at grand old age isn’t ideal. My MIL is similar, she’ll be 90 next year.

Hello everyone else xx

MIL will be 89 next, still bright as a button but the body not as much.

Evening All…
    We have had a lovely day.. children playing in the pool .. we having the wine and catchup .. really hot weather then a storm arrived about 5 pm.. a lovely cracking one thunder and lightening.. out tonight invited to a party with a neighbour open bar and food really lovely…ready for bed at 9.30..feeling quite tired.. up early for the beach 6am ish.. before the heat..

A very different sort of life..

Hemmy..
    Size 12 tops brilliant.. you are definetly going down .. I have missed fasting so difficult here..lovely to go against what you normally buy..

Carey Wakey..
    Have a lovely holiday.. forget fasting and enjoy yourself.. we will hold hands when back 😂😂

Dave..
    Hope MIL is feeling better…

Kay..
    Thinking of Ellie .. keep a strong it’s a hard road to know what to do 💕💕

Night night

Jean x

Cakey- where are you going on hols? Have a fantastic time,
    Jean- glad you have arrived safe and sound, you must be thrilled to see your family. I love a good thunderstorm 😊
    Hemmy- New tops- whoop, whoop! I went into Newcastle yesterday, the sales are on! Was very tempted!
    Hedgehog- Enjoy your garden while the weathers lovely, we have spent the last two years doing up an old house and garden,the only thing left to do is the glossing – my job, but can’t bring myself to work in the house while it’s lovely outside.
    Dave- hope MIL feeling o.k – it’s a such a worry having a poorly aged parent, but she is fortunate to have caring family.
    Lynne- keep your chin up, positive vibes to you X
    Weigh day today -1lb, I’ll be happy with that after the blunder of last weekend. So the plan is,-
    Fast all day today, have a light dinner,- mainly veg this evening and a glass of wine 😄

Good morning

Goosey we must live in the same part of the country as noticed you’d been to Newcastle. We are in Durham. But off to Hedgehogs part of the world for a week in Suffolk and a week in Norfolk. I’m as dizzy as if I was off on a world cruise; so looking forward to it. Taking the Woof too, he’s packed his bucket and spade.

Jean – I’ll be mindful on hols and because I have a super healthy husband I’ll probably do better whilst away rather than left to my own sugary devices but we can properly grab that baton when we are back.

Have a good day xx

Morning all!
    Lynne- xxxx & hugs to you…
    Cakey- have a great holiday, hope the weather stays good for you!
    Goosey- sounds like a plan & well done on the 1lb down!
    Hemmy- good to get some new clothes. Wise words about a diet being something you can stick to & doable for life!
    Jean- sounds like you’re having a lovely time, early start on the beach sounds like a great idea!
    Dave- MIL is a good age, & still living independently? that’s great!
    Kay- hope you get the cottages cleaned quickly, hope they’ve not been left in a mess! (I had a spell of cleaning holiday lets, amazing how some people leave them…)
    Minols- hope the moped riding went well, & the FD & meetings too…
    Still fasting until later, but I have a dilemma- I’m meeting a friend in a café this afternoon, normally would happily just have a cuppa & say I’m not eating cakes at the mo, but friend’s daughter has been very ill with anorexia for 5 years now, so food is a major issue in their house- it all has to be weighed out, & she has to be supervised eating, so I’m sure my friend won’t want me to say I don’t want to eat anything!! Mmm, to cake or not to cake?
    Have a good day everyone!

Good morning FB Brits. Xx

A lovely one it is too.

Well done Goosey on your 1lb loss. Xx

Just off walking will be a 2 hour one today as picking up Mum for the week-end. And having a bit of lunch at the bakery. look around the shops with her so Pips will be here a couple of hours home alone… so he must have a good extra run.. its his day too. Lol

Pleased to say I am 1lb less this week… was thinking really I am only eating solid food for about 6 hrs a day … 1pm-6pm so probably why I am keeping a stable weight.

Have a good day everyone see you later.. xx

Brit lovelies… The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead. Xx

Morning everyone

Thanks everyone for your kind message. Today is my last day of emotional self indulgence, so I promise to be more positive tomorrow.

Hemmy, your post had me in tears, you absolutely hit the nail on the head. Sadly spoken by someone who’s been there.

I’ve been made redundant before, I know it’ll be alright, but it was just having something big happen and not being able to speak to Phil about it that got to me. This is the first time I’ve really felt I needed, rather than wanted, to speak to him since he died.

I’ll know more about my redundancy package in November, but I’m expecting to be finishing in January with 3 months gardening leave after that and as I’ve been with the company for 15 years I’ll get a decent pay out.

Going back to work in April was tough. I didn’t know if I could do it, but I’ve really enjoyed it and that’s making the redundancy thing even more annoying. At work I knew people, they knew my situation and at a different place I wouldn’t have that.

Fasting went well on Wednesday, but weight didn’t drop as it usually does aft a FD. Damn those hormones! We won’t mention the take away last night.

Did some glossing finally yesterday, but a lot still tacky so can’t really push on today, and the smell is really affecting my rhinitis. Not stopped sneezing this morning. Plan for today was to take the doors off and paint them in garden, but then I remembered the man is due to cut the grass today and I don’t fancy green flecks in the gloss.

So day may need to be a day out of the house to calm the nose, and may need to try again tomorrow to do a bit more. Or buy some paint that dries quicker.

Thanks everyone for being there.

Lynne x

When I go on holiday later this year I will be looking to gain half a stone minimum, probably a lot more,that’s what holidays are for🥩🥩🥩🍺🍺🍺🍔🍔🍔🍟🍟🍟🍕🍕🍕🍞🍞🍞🍞

Lynne- At least you’ll have time to look around for something good with a decent payout, but it will be hard starting again, like you say. The timing for you is rubbish… But I do think green flecked doors could be a talking point, new career as a painter/ decorator maybe?! I’m with you & Minols & the hormones this week, I’m still 2lbs up from before last weekend!
    Dave- what are you like! I’ve always felt the same about holidays, but it’s getting harder & harder to lose as I get older (or mess up my metabolism?!) so I’m wanting to contain things a bit now…
    Hemmy- have a lovely walk & a good time with your Mum…

Hedgehogs,I won’t be holding back,not quiet an old age perisher yet, I will get the state pension next year, so another reason to celebrate, will have more money to spend then. Just bought two bottles of kefir,one is honey and mint(small bottle) add the other coconut and something else(forgot), which is a larger one, finished the first bottle today,been putting it on my shredded wheat.

Afternoon everyone. I am bored to the point of catatonia. Roll on 6 o’clock.

Shall I give you a countdown 😜😀😎

35 minutes to go Pseudo😜

Well the holiday started with a little bit of a stony silence.

As I’m finishing up work emails and phone calls, desperately hoping nothing big lands in the last hour, my husband gets back in good time.

I rush around as you do, packing the cases, emptying all the bins, the fridge, the fruit bowl, the veg rack, the teapot, changing the beds so they are fresh to come home to, watering the plants inside and out, pouring bleach down the sink and in the toilets, walking the dog etc I catch H first having a nice cuppa in the sunshine, then watching the football. I did point out that if he helped we could get away sooner, but he said he had a plan. If I set off walking with the dog he would finish the jobs and packing up the car and pick me up along the way. If I’d followed his plan me and the Woof could have probably walked all 266 miles before he caught us up.

Then I read your message Lynne and it puts everything in perspective. So we made up, had a mint imperial and now on the road. Dog in the back much to his disgust.

Much love to you lovely people
    CW

Thanks Dave, the end is approaching, finally!

CW – Uh oh, I think that would have sent most people into a bit of an argument! Have a nice holiday. 🙂

At the speedway, so no football.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,851 through 17,900 (of 35,397 total)

You must be logged in to reply.