Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 2 hours, 54 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,801 through 12,850 (of 35,400 total)

• Rowena..
    It will be water retention…you were very strong to give the buffet a miss…you would be feeling worse if you had eaten it…lol

Long day and you are tired…feel better tomorrow…

MJ..
    Lovely to have you back off your holiday…hope you had a lovely time…

Jean x

Wow Kay yours are much further in than mine tomatoes have nit all fruited yet have flowers in aubergine but not peppers did you siw them really early?

MJ giad you had a lovely holiday I di FDs on my day off a lot it’s not too bad if you are anything like me you will be busy at home too. Also tomo is meant to be super hot so that helps diminish hunger.

Audrey enjoy the cider we still have nadal?

One thing has crept in with me only on FDs in this hot weather I have been having just one Diet Coke, I normally don’t even like the stuff. It reminds me of uni and early twenties when I kept to a size 8 by Diet Coke and cigarettes! I generally swerve any artificial sweeteners. But it dies surprise my appetite and I suppose one twice or three times a week when fasting doesn’t do any harm. Just surprised that’s all and on NFDs I wouldn’t thank you for one.
    Jean giad you are feeling better
    Minols hope today goes ok
    Ellie I got a Desmond my partying was legendary so surprised I managed that but I went to uni in 1988 any degree was deemed good back then. I take exams and qualifications so seriously now.
    Hemjy lovely thought today
    DF you can retain water in hot weather have just written a blog on the effects if heat on the body when it’s up I will post a link.
    Sorry fir missing people out
    Have nit eaten yet have chicken salad and cottage cheese waiting for me just waiting for mr o to get back, he told me 7pm he is ALWAYS late. Am ok today as not really hungry. X

I meant Diet Coke surpresses my appetite but it may well surprise it!

Jean, Im not sure about chia ham, but I like the chia jam! 😂

I only made a small amount this time as it only lasts a week in the fridge and I dont eat it every day..

Lol..lol..glad you like it….going well here….

Xx

Room for thought….

Daughter was telling me yesterday in her class of 5 year olds coming into school….30 degrees outside..

One child…Vest, tee shirt, polo neck jumper, cardigan, coat, woolly tights…one of many foreign children she has so wrapped up..

She stripped them down to basic tee shirt and skirt/shorts as they came into the class…she had some of them asleep on the floor as too hot! Drinking water on the hour every hour…

Bless…

Morning all – up early doing some stretches from the physio I finally went to see yesterday. Been nursing a shoulder twinge since Feb, and as it’s not easing decided to get it looked at. I’ve been too soft on it. Anyway, the stretches I did in the clinic seemed reasonably straightforward – tough at first, but by the end I was thinking – this is too easy, this will not do any good, such little movements, so few times a day. Ha! Just done my first full set by myself, and I have to take the positions to ‘discomfort’ level…there are definitely a couple I couldn’t do until I’d done the others to loosen things up – REALLY hard work, even if they look like nothing!

Boy just got up – back later…hello to newbies – talk soon.Mx

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Looks like another very warm one today. Hard I am sure if you are working. Stay cool with cotton wear and drink lots of water. Xx

Minois… hope your exercises help your shoulder. I niggling pain wears you down. Take care. Xx

MJ… welcome back to the group. Xx

Welcome new friends.. Ally and Sue.. a lovely group of encouraging people here at all stages but going the same way … Look forward to hearing about your journey… Best wishes and good luck Xx

Early out walking … fortunately Mr Pips only walks on grass. Must been awful for some animals this weather.

Loving 16.8 well more like 18.6 most days.

Take care all … Good luck fasters. . Water … Water .. Water.

Brit lovelies
    There’s a beauty about a woman whose confidence comes from experiences. Who knows she can fall, pick herself up, and go on Xx

Morning awful night just night could not sleep was so hungry but managed to fall asleep this morning after the alarm went off!

Minols coincidentally Mr O is going to my physio later with his shoulder a good one will really help.

NFD for he today already had breakfast of half grapefruit, oatbran pancake natural yoghurt and banana enjoying coffee with milk mmmm
    Last days if the heatwave stay cool as the Fonz used to say …his old am I ? X

Morning all

Have woken up to a much fresher day and the pitter patter of rain…

Had awful dreams last night woke up crying twice!!…

Going to walk dogs now in case it gets hot again… Back later have a good day everyone

Good luck to all our fasters today..

Audrey x

Morning my lovely Brits 🙂

Audrey – *hugs* bad dreams are not good, wonder what all that was about xx

Minols – Hope the physio helps. I’ve heard it can be tough, so glad you found it easier as it went on 🙂 xx

Mrs O – Have a good day, I think I have been retaining water, I’ve felt so heavy this week .. it will soon ease hopefully xx

Jean – My sister is a primary school teacher too 🙂 Its been so warm for the little ones, sports day the other night had them drinking constantly! xx

Hemmy – Hope your ok, it is lovely and warm again today 🙂 Have a great day (ps. I’m still reading the anxiety blog you recommended, its such a help, so thank you again) xx

Sorry if I missed anyone, have a lovely day one and all xx

NFD for me, although no appetite at all this week. Water is my best friend 🙂

DF…. so glad you are enjoying that blog.Xx Since reading his say it as it is book … touch wood I haven’t looked back.

Wish I had read of him years ago.

Not fancying much food this weather either… fruit a bit of protein and salad but of course plenty of icy Cider. Lolol.

Have a good day. Xx

Morning All..

A bit fresher this morning, slept quite well..feeling more my self and Steve getting there…

My daughter is half way to Dubai 8 hours down and 8 hours to go…daughter sat with Charlotte 3 years and the two boys 8 and 10 sat further back on their own…they were 11 rows behind her but she managed to get them closer but not together..unless anybody was kind enough to swap. She arrives in Manchester Sunday and to me on Wednesday. So I am getting excited and looking forward to seeing them all.

Half the house cleaned yesterday, some more today.

Hemmy..
    Enjoy your garden while it’s nice and the ice cold cider…

Audrey..
    Still watching the tennis or is it all over?? You know me no idea…enjoy your holiday…

Minols..
    Hope your shoulder improves with the excerise..it’s hard going…

Mrs O..
    It’s hard to sleep hope you feel better after your breakfast…

DF..
    Have a good day…hope the office is breezy with windows open…not A/C freezing I used to hate it…

Ally and Sue..
    Enjoy your FD and shout and pop by if you need help…

Kay…
    Hope Ellie is fine in this hot weather..

Lynne..
    You back off holiday yet?…hope all OK

Ellie..
    What you up to?….now nothing to do…lol

Jean x

Morning. Nfd for me. But ill do 16.8

Little sleep again. A strange thing happened too. I woke up throughout the night and every time needed a wee. At least 7 times!!! By morning my clothes fit that didn’t last night. So why am I holding onto water? Drank loads yesterday and thought that helped with retention?

Rowena…
    That’s good news…hoping it happens to us all…lol

We will get back to normal when the weather breaks…glad the clothes fit better…have a good day..

Xx

morning everyone.
    first FD today, had a lie in so i wouldnt be tempted by the smell of my sons toast!
    having a cup of tea now just to take the edge off. then a nice cup of soup later when i feel the need. spoke to my mum (cooreygirl) this morning to pep each other up. so feeling positive right now, we will see how it goes. all those on a FD today good luck, and wishing everyone a great day.
    Ally

Ally..
    Good luck to your first FD…keep drinking…

What are you eating tonight?…. is it all planned…we use MyFitnessPal app on the phone to count calories…if that helps, you might already be using it..

Have a good day..

Jean x

Morning everyone!

MJ – welcome back from holiday and hope you had a fabulous time. I’m fasting with you today.

Rowena – don’t be disheartened. It took a lot of willpower to resist the buffet but you did it! The loss will happen with time. Sounds like you had a whoosh! I bet if you weighed yourself you’d be pounds down. I read an article about fat loss, and simply put, when you lose fat, the fat cells temporarily fill with water instead which you hang onto… and then something happens to trigger the whoosh (perhaps drinking a lot of water, often a big carby meal) and all those watery fat cells are flushed away in one go! So really it all comes from effort you’ve put in days and weeks ago. Maybe I got some of that a bit wrong but that’s roughly how I understood it.

Minols – my mum’s been doing the same for her ankle. I’m always nagging at her to keep up with her stretches because she always convinces herself they don’t do much, but as soon as I (gently) force her to get on with it, it feels so much better. Stick with them and I hope they ease things up for you.

Audrey – I’m sorry about your bad dreams. It always shakes you so much.

Jean – I’m laughing a lot at the thought of you stashing away the chocolate into hiding! I bet you’re so excited about Wednesday! And glad you’re feeling a bit better. I’m taking things pretty easy at the moment. I work for a promotional company so I’m doing the odd job with them, including later today at a fancy event. On my in between days, I’m working on my CVs, my Linked In, clearing out old stuff, browsing job websites… In July I’m working at Wimbledon and I’m super duper excited (Mrs O and Aubrey, are you jealous haha?) and then it’s grad week. By August I hope I’ll have some plans firmed up for the coming months.

Ally and Sue – I’m fasting with you today. We can do this! There will be canapes at work later so I’m just going to hold out til then and nibble on a few (not too many!) for today’s food.
    x

Hemmy could you te post the link to the blog I would like to read it.
    Ally stick with it FDs do get easier x

hi jean,
    i`m just having cup-a-soups today, one for lunch and one for tea and having a small bread roll with that one. had a brew this morning and will have one before bed, and plenty of water obviously. i used to have that APP but deleted it to make room for games lol. will be getting it again though to keep track of my calories.
    x

Sym… how exciting for you. Be careful with the preparing though … don’t go over the top with cleaning. You haven’t been well .. just picking up and want to be your best… energy wise.

I know its what we do … but you know they just like to be home really.

Lol I should tell myself this when Kristys coming home … she never notices anything I have done anyway. Its all soon cluttered up with her stuff left everywhere. Lolol.

Hope the weather will be good for them to get about.

Just had beans and cheese on toast for lunch … getting later each day. Going this longer time seems to make me less hungry. Although when I do a fast … starving by 11am. Lol What are we like. Just love the Aldi Vintage cider … got that lovey dry kick I like. Not at all bothered by wine… Xx

Ende … Ally and Sue… hope your fasting is going well … you can do this… lots of water … a bit of salad … or omelette …cold meat… Yay together you will be stronger. Xx

Thanks hemmy x

Hemmy..

Been busy this last 4 hours…cleaned the down stairs loo, utility and kitchen…done all the inside and outside of cupboards, two ovens…floors….a bit shattered now….just my sink to do a bit of a pain, after washing it with plain soapy water …I then oil it!

I should of picked up what you said before I started Hemmy….lol….I try and do it once a month properly…Steve helps but he doesn’t do it like me, he’s faffing with his bike so I thought I would push on…

Just looked on the plane status she is about another hour to Dubai…she is staying at a hotel on the airport to get the children sleeping over night…her friend is up at 6 am to get the children to school…they won’t want to go if all the little friends get together. She will be staying with them for the few nights in Dubai.

Who ever comes I like it clean..as you say nobody notices…when she arrives it will be cluttered up ..children with lego everywhere…and the rest of stuff…

Very clammy here, it started to rain and stopped….rain is on its way….hoping it’s a reasonable month for her she doesn’t do cold…if we can get to the beach it would be nice…we are sharing her about with the family and she is catching up with uni friends who are scattered about…so hoping to get the fasting in when we can..

I am really glad we have picked up its nearly been three weeks each…not a nice bug…

Have a lovely day, making the most of your garden

Jean x

Hi all

Jean you have done too much sit down before you fall down.hehe lol 😉

It’s is so close here the rain disappeared then it got hot very hot!!
    We have showered both dogs so they are sulking but at least it’s cool for them. The clouds are forming again I hope it rains soon .. the garden really needs a good soaking.

Back tomorrow oh I almost forgot had fruit for lunch and have chicken salad for tea so it’s a fast day for me…

Audrey x

Audrey…
    Looks like a good FD..

I have finished for the day…coffee or G and T….G and T has won…well deserved…lol

We had a touch rain but so hot and humid now…rain is needed…

Your poor dogs they won’t know what to do for the best…

Enjoy your chicken salad….we are having a chicken baguette with salad and bits and pieces…a nice easy tea…

Made more of my granola this morning just lasted the month with me eating it..

FD for us tomorrow…

Jean x

Ally and Sue…

How’s it going? Are you holding it together? Keep popping by it helps…

Jean x

Hi Jean you deserve a g&t…

The poor dogs are very hot. Lucy is struggling bless her. It’s the only time I have wished the van had air con… We have every window sky light and vent open… no breeze at all..

It keeps clouding over but no rain again as yet.. .

Back tomorrow off to do my rain dance Lolo… Happy solstice everyone..

Audrey x

Good Afternoon all!

I’m Josh, 19 from Yorkshire. So far I’ve lost about 5st over the course of two years, I used to be a whopping 28st now I’m somewhere around 23/22. I’m so glad I took this diet, though the cravings hit you hard when you’re fasting.

Keep up the great work everyone!

J x

Josh…
    What an amazing loss 5 stone…you must be so pleased with yourself…..keep going to your goal and pop by and join in or pop by and tell us were you are up to.

It’s a great way of life a few of us are maintaining and agree with you…the penny clicks and the change of life is great…we have ups and downs but reasonably stable.

Good luck to your goal weight, a really well done..

Jean x

My daughters landed in Dubai I always worry when they travel…leaving behind a hurricane in her wake in Louisiana ..everybody is sandbanking their houses for it to hit tonight….it’s a worry hoping hubby can manage on his own…the street rallies around everybody hoping for tomorrow when it’s passed…🤞🤞

X

Hi All…
    We are fasting tomorrow anybody joining us?

The rain is coming in spits and spots..and disappearing ….so very humid..anther heavy night.

Jean x

Me I am joining you
    Still super hot here not comfortable at all. Am sure your daughter will be fine on her journey x

Hi all

Its cooler here now I will send it your way…. I have had a good day today, out for lunch I think tomorrow..

How have you managed Ally and Sue? Hope today went well for you both.

Off to bed now good night all

Audrey x

Phew still warm…and no rain yet…bet it is starting to cool…

Ally and Sue, how did you get on today?

Welcome Josh, well done on the weight loss so far, thats amazing!

Jean, your daughter will soon be in the country and then with you 🙂

I think I might join the fasters tomorrow.

Aud, enjoy your lunch tomorrow.

Minols, how are you finding the 16:8 do far?

Morning.
    Managed to get a bit more sleep thank goodness.
    FD for me. oh and dog back later.

Have a good day!

Morning everyone!

I’m joining the fasters today, lets make it a good one 🙂

Hi Josh 🙂 you’ve done so well! Hope you post again here soon :)x

Ally, Sue – hope your FD went well yesterday 🙂 They do get easier x

Shera – glad you managed to sleep better, its been so uncomfortable this week x

Audrey – enjoy your lunch today 🙂 x

Jean – I understand the worry when your daughter travels, I’m a terrible worrier when it comes to my son too. I’m sure I drive him mad lol xx

Have a lovely day everyone, its so muggy, we definitely need a good thunder storm to clear the air a bit.

Hugs to all x

Morning

Non fast day for me, it’s raining here and cooler so off to the shops lol..

Have a good day, fast or non fast, and remember that together we are stronger

Audrey xx

Morning All…

Still humid here…expected the rain and none has come…very dull I think it’s on it’s way…

Colouring my hair this morning…I hate it, a wasted 2 hours…but it has to be done…lol

Daughter had a good flight and the children were good…they sat altogether in the end some kind person offered to move. Charlotte can be a tinker a very lively three year old tom boy! A long 16 hour flight..

A few of us fasting today..Mrs O, DF, Rowena, Kay and both of us…anyone else…

Audrey…
    Enjoy your lunch today…always nice after a FD…

Rowena…
    Lovely to have your dog back…hubby back soon…

Have a good day all…

Jean x

HI all – still just doing the 16:8 and finding the control a good discipline. Hoping to keep the ‘8’ pretty light today.

Sorry you’ve all been suffering in the heat…never so bad here! And certainly never for more than a day, it seems. They were talking about ’76 this morning on the news…We went to the campsite above Whitby that year, and I remember living in my lime/green striped swimming cozy…I was a little girl, so it was alright to run around like that then!

Jean – glad your daughter is safely landed in Dubai – any word on the house and hubby back home? HOpe the storm missed their street.

How did the new fasters do yesterday…sounded like you had it all under control?

I’ve got a load of visits and screeds of writing to do today…so I think it may be a long one…oh well, just 2 and a half weeks till we’re away.

Mx

Sheera – I hope your first week back at work has gone ok, horrible to be feeling so anxious but also normal after being off a while. Hopefully you’re feeling like you’re back in the swing of things…

Jean – I’m with you on struggling to fast in the heat. I’m not a big ice cream fan in general, but white Magnums and Mochi ice cream are my major downfalls, and pretty much all I want to eat when it’s hot… I’m waiting for the day when I become one of those people who just fancies a salad! Sorry to hear you’re still a bit under the weather – really hope the throat clears up soon, sounds not at all fun.

Ellie – So sorry to hear about your break up, that is really tough. But it sounds like it was amicable, and all for the right reasons – distance is so tough (I did it for the first two years of my relationship with my husband, cross-Atlantic, so can hugely sympathise). As for your degree – MAJOR congratulations!! That is such an amazing achievement, and one that will really stay with you for a long long time. You should be so proud of yourself, firsts are not easy to come by and you worked so hard for it – you absolutely deserve it and I hope you are finding ways to celebrate and generally be super smug!! And congrats on the weight loss too – really amazing considering you’re just back from holiday

I’m a big fan of banana nice-cream (I’m vegetarian but lean heavily vegan) but I’ve never tried it with cherries – definitely up next, though I’ve also been thinking it could be good with some of the chia jam everyone has been loving here!

MrsO – sounds like you may be based in Hampstead? Or perhaps I’m being one of those dreadful London-centric people and overlooking the fact that there are many ponds all over the country!?! But if you are in Hampstead then I’m near you, just down the road in Primrose Hill. We go to the Hampstead creperie almost every weekend (and I wonder why my weight loss is so slow!), and to walk our dog on the Heath, but I’ve never been brave enough to try the ponds.

Audrey – the walk on the beach sounds like the perfect way to start the day. I grew up near a beach (up north – so not a sunny beach!) and I really miss living near the water. Off to Rye next weekend so planning some trips to Camber Sands for a morning stroll…

Minols – Might it be that you are just missing breakfast foods, rather than breakfast? I LOVE breakfast foods, but when I’m doing 16:8 I try to have them more around brunch, and then an early dinner. I was just in Lisbon and there I had brunch around 11 or 12 and then dinner around 7ish, which is the pattern I keep at weekends. I also know others who have breakfast foods at dinner time, if that makes sense. Certainly I would feel deprived if I couldn’t have my granola or pancakes or porridge!

Ally and Sue – I hope your first FD went well. Either way, it definitely gets easier over time.

Josh – welcome and congrats on your success so far!

As for me: Lisbon was AMAZING, I would highly recommend it. I stuck to 18:6 when there, but didn’t restrict much of what I ate beyond that. No snacking, but I thoroughly enjoyed my two meals each day! Yesterday was my first FD since returning, and I actually decided to do a water fast. At home. And thankfully it wasn’t nearly as tough as I was expecting!! I’m extending the fast into today as I will not be able to do another full FD this week thanks to social commitments, so trying to have semi-FDs today and tomorrow. My weight is up a couple of lbs since my last weigh-in, but I’m not too worried as that was a weigh-in after two consecutive days of liquid fasting so was not expecting it to be ‘real’. The trend is downwards so that’s what I’m focussing on!

And two confessions, please don’t kick me out…
    a) I just love the heat, I’m so so happy in this weather whilst everyone else is melting!
    b) Despite being Scottish, I’m not a tennis/Andy Murray fan, I didn’t even know something tennis-y was happening…

Good luck to all those fasting today, and to all those who had FDs yesterday, I hope they were successful! xxx

Hi Josh – welcome and a massive well done!

Jean – not too much longer to wait now.

MJ – I’m so impressed you managed across the atlantic… that must have been so tough, but worth it in the end. Thank you for your congratulations! Definitely very very pleased about it! So glad you liked Lisbon too – did you try any of their gorgeous custard tarts… They are to DIE for.

Good luck fasters. x

Ellie – I tried WAY TOO MANY custard tarts! We went to Belem to get the originals, and then of course were obliged to try all the others Lisbon had on offer in order to compare! And yes, cross-Atlantic was tough, but even tougher was moving in to a tiny studio apartment in Manhattan and starting our first jobs together ofter two years of living so far apart, with lots of personal space! That first year in New York was a toughie, luckily we adopted a dog who acted as mediator, and we all got through it allive (ish!)

MJ I woukd love to live in Hampstead but cannot afford property there we are in Finchley so yes was in the ladies pond. I love the Heath we are only 10 mins drive away which is fab. You should try I can’t believe that after living in north London since 1992 I went for the first time last year they are lovely to swim in when it’s hot I don’t venture in cold weather. I LOVE ice cream when I allow myself sugar that’s the sugar of choice, have you ever tried the home made ice cream in Golders Hill park? It’s fabulous

Am struggling today probably because I drank half a bottle of ice cold rose after boxing last night alcohol always makes me hungry the next day it did give me a decent sleep though. I am just about to bake a banana cake for a picnic tomo in Regent’s Park a group of us are going to see On The Town in the open air theatre. I need to shop fir that then have a mani and pedi booked (my nails and feet are shocking) then rehearsal for P&P tonight. So enough going on to keep my mind off food. Was planning to work out this morning but it makes me super hungry on a FD
    Hope everyone is doing ok xx

MJ – you are absolutely right…just came in for ‘lunch’ and demolished a plate of toast and honey – my favourite ‘breakfast’!

Also thoroughly agree on the importance of a dog in keeping a relationship working when you’re not used to loss of personal space. The old dog has been crucial, the Wee S(hite) – less so! In fact, he so brings out the worst in my ‘male folk’ that I’d be tempted to divorce sometimes, if it weren’t for the fact that i’d lose custody of the old dog, but have to take the Wee S* – and much as I love him, he really is a Wee S*!

Mx

That’s us finished …a good day for us both…pork chop with salad..out and about this afternoon, a quick job we had to do…

Hoping everyone else is having a good day..

An hour of rain now beautiful blue sky…feels much better..

Jean x

MJ thanks, the week has gone well. Very busy but positive.
    Successfully fasted today. Will be interesting to see if 2 FDS and 3 16.8 have helped me lose any weight. Really hope so.
    Electrician here at the mo. Oh is back and think he’s off work tomorrow to work on the kitchen. I can’t wait til it’s done. Driving me insane!!!

really struggling
    still eating lchf- only cheat has been a few squares of dark chocolate
    but not fasting
    putting weight on, bloated and tired so dr sending me for screening which is totally stressing me out
    also water has come through from upstairs flat, through my fuse box – 3 times in last 12 days
    housing cant send anyone until Tuesday
    mental health has deteriorated considerably
    rationality is on its way out of the window!!

(thank God it is cooler!!)

MJ – another breakfast for dinner – bacon roll. Feel like I’m having all this week’s breakfasts in one day!

Good luck with the kitchen, Rowena…hope it all works out.

Mx

Viewing 50 posts - 12,801 through 12,850 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.