Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 1 hour, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 35,400 total)

• Hi Celtic

Well done on your fast day. Good idea to leave the shopping. Normally on a fast day though I don’t get tempted, today was different.

I would be interested to see how you get on with psyllium husks as these are similar to Glucomanan.

Are you going to use it in cooking or as a drink?

I am going to use my when it comes in soups to start with and I will see how successful it is. I have never tried a product like this. They are both from natural sources. Psyllium husks like Glucomannan is taken as a mild laxative, so start slowly to get your body used to it. I know when I eat bare naked noodles they make me go within about three hours. Thankfully not with any urgency but I would not want to be out shopping either.

Ginette

The plan with the psyllium husk is a mix of drink and cooking. Apparently it can me good addition to porridge and muesli. I also like the idea of using it as thickner in soups and stews. Hadnt heard of glucomannan until now. The psyllium husk was £10 for a 1 kg bag and its particularly fine ground.

Question for everyone: apart from the obvious things like health benefits and improved self confidence. What are peoples anticipated positive outcomss from weight loss.?

One of mine is being able to bin all the hipster/low rise jeans that I’ve accumulated because I couldnt get anything else and get back to wearing the normal higher waist ones ive got stashed away. I loathe low rise jeans beyond words….they just dont fit !

Hi F Friends x

Hi Ginette Glad you had a nice lunch.
    Regarding the continued eating later.. it must have been one of those days yesterday. Something in the water or air.
    I had lunch out too and likewise just couldn’t leave it there. It was one of my worst nights since starting. Again triggered by wine. Today I feel rubbish and wanted to do so many things in house and garden.
    Back on fast day today thank goodness. It feels like a relief really… eating taken out of my hands. x

Hi Celtic Crow. Sounds like you made up for us yesterday with a successful fast. It will be interesting to see how you go with the physillium husk powder.

Enjoy your shopping day today. x

Have a good day everyone fasting or feasting. x

Hi Celtic

Below are some of the articles I have looked up. I hadn’t heard about it before about a month ago when I saw a programme on it. I found it was so interesting that I had to look it up. I looked at many clinical trials and then realised that I had been having this from time to time in bare naked noodles, also it is in slim noodles, rice, pasta and in Miracle noodles, rice etc. They also make a diet pill with this called skinny fibre but they cost an arm and a leg and I think they suggest taking more than the reccomended amounts that are in the trials.

I don’t want a quick fix, but I would rather not be constipated, retain water and lower cholesterol. If I happen to lose another 1lb a month I won’t be complaining either!!

I can’t work due to my blood pressure, this was triggered by an event about a year ago and it seems that although I don’t feel stressed, both the doctor and consultant thinks I am suffering from underlying stress. This will resolve itself eventually but I have been through a short period of this when losing someone close to me. this is the reason I thought I must lose weight and the consultant said that that is the one thing that will really help. I have to be careful what blood pressure medications I take as they interfere with other medications I am on.

Hi Hemmy

Well you and me both then, I don’t know why or where this came from really but I do get odd days like this, I am getting more recently. This is the reason I am doing 4:3 at the moment. It is to counteract any weight gain. I don’t want to find myself going down the same path as I used to.

So we are both fasting today and in a way it is good that we can’t eat foods we shouldn’t eat.

Here are the articles there are many more to be found.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/06/28/the-super-fiber-that-controls-your-appetite-and-blood-sugar-2/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/490435-glucomannan-vs-psyllium/

http://www.dietpillswatchdog.com/glucomannan-for-fat-loss-is-it-any-good/

Ginette

Hi All

thanks for the good wishes

Hemmy hi, what a nice thing to say – though was wondering if perhaps I am suffering from the equivalent of verbal diarrhoea!

Talking of which – I’ve been told to increase fibre – would the physillium husk be helpful at all, or gentle enough – already suffering from the side effects of no gall bladder, apparently no stopper on bile can cause bowel problems – on the bright side, anything that helps weight loss is a bright side!

Audrey – just noticed you mentioned you are 58 – just a few months behind me, I turn 59 just before christmas. Getting a pension next year – tiny but instead of worrying I am looking forward to finding ways to make it grow!

I’m off to Surrey for a week in October – three separate weeks before Christmas actually, on another cat sit – if anyone lives in or near that county, get in tough if you want to meet for a coffee!

Hi all,

It seems we are all suffering from bowel problems in one way or another.

As I suffer from IBS as well as other problems I have to be careful what I take, the Dr has prescribed me Normacol. It’s granular and I mix it up with a little yogurt and then drink lots! It definitely works for me, may be worth looking at if the husks don’t work.

Milena it’s great to hear from you, hope you are on the mend, sorry I live in Cheshire so nowhere near surrey. It would have been great to meet up…..

Hemmy and ginnette hope you are both on track for a great fast day today, good luck to you both

Keep in touch

Audrey

Hi All, I started my first week on the 5:2 on Monday. First day I skipped breakfast and had herbal teas and then soup at 1.30pm. Bad move. Serious head ache until I had chicken salad dinner at 6pm. Paracetamols didn’t even touch it. Next day I felt ok. Then did my next fast on Thursday. Started with 30g muesli breakfast and then had some weight watchers soup at 1pm, then an omelette at 6pm. Much better day. Learnt my lesson. I will never start a fast day without any breakfast ever again. I’ll weigh in on Monday am and see if there are any changes. I think my stomach may have gone down slightly, but this could be wishful thinking. Also, I’m not changing my eating patterns on other days. I want to see how the first month pans out and then make changes if I don’t see any improvements. One day at a time.

Welcome nanny j and congratulations on doing your first week.

I do believe it gets easier once you get a few fasts under your belt so to speak.

Let us know how the weigh in goes

Audrey

Thank you.
    Will do.

Hi Hemmy

I hope your fast day went well. I did half a fast day! I got to my stepmothers to find her dishing out a dinner for me so I didn’t have the heart to remind her that I was fasting. So chips, pork chop and Heinz spaghetti it was, a strange dinner at that. How could I be so ungrateful to say I couldn’t eat it. Maybe I need to change the Friday fast to a Thursday, or Saturday fast as this isn’t the first time she has scuppered me.

So fast day tomorrow………..

Hi Nannyj

Your headache I would imagine was nothing to do with no breakfast, if you are a tea or coffee drinker and go without then it would probably be the caffeine withdrawal. I did a detox once and I was so ill after a few hours that I went to lay on settee. I also felt really sick and had a stinking headache. I had changed to de caffeinated tea. Someone made me a cup of tea forgetting that I was not drinking ordinary tea, I drank it anyway and after about 15 mins headache and sickness had all disappeared. It really was a lightbulb moment.

I suggest that if you want to try it again Mage sure you allow yourself some milk to have in your drinks and start the day with whatever you normally drink. Just cut down the amount. I for example normally drink about 8 cups of tea, on fast days I have 5/6 but in a larger cup. I don’t get affected by caffeine withdrawal and it helps to keep me full. I also drink 2/3 pints of water a day as you need to drink more on fast days.

This is a brilliant WOL when you get used to it, I think you may just be having a few teething troubles, it takes a while to settle in to a pattern.

I hope this helps.

Ginette

Hi all,

Think there must be something in the air this week, I too had a disastrous day yesterday, went way over my tdee.

Have had porridge for breakfast this morning, going to skip lunch and have a low calorie meal tonight before ian goes work. We are having paella from Iceland it’s very tasty and works out at 500 kcal per portion, although it does say to add oil to pan but I just add a drop of water! Am hoping this makes up for the excess yesterday.

Nannyj I too used to suffer from headaches on fast days I find that salt helps me so I always drink an oxo cube very tasty and low calorie, that seems to sort me out, may be worth a try next time you get one.

Good luck ginnette on your fast day AGAIN HeheHe mums are good at scuppering out best laid plans.

Hemmy hope you are doing ok.

Milena hope you are starting to feel better.

Audrey

Hi all

Sorry to hear about your blips..these things do happen. Life just gets in the way sometimes and you just have to go with it then get back on track when you can. Stay positive 🙂

Have had a very good week with a 1.2 kg loss so really pleased with progress 🙂 🙂

This will be my last post for a few days. Off to visit my mum in the UK for the long w/e, so no wifi. She’s 89 and pretty frail so I shall do my best to encourage her to eat calorie dense foods whilst trying to stay mindful and keep on track myself.

Have a lovely weekend all x hope the rain stays away.

Karen
    Xx

Hi F Friends x

Hi Ginette … Its hard when we are faced with family and friends good intentions. But hey that is life and we have to enjoy those times while they are there. Semi fast is good though in control. Have a good day today.
    Thinking… after this week may change weigh day to Tuesday instead of Monday. It would be nice to do the weigh then have a normal day. .. also Sunday roast is hard the day before. Lol Enjoy your day.x

Welcome Nanny hope your journey is enjoyable… a good start this week for you well done.x

Hi Audrey the paella sounds good will try that. Interesting to see you work on a lower weight calories. I have noticed lots on the forum work on 1200 might try that next week. Would give me leeway for bad days. x

Hi Milena hope you are doing okay. Please come in and see us when you can. Take care. x

Celtic .. Hope all is well with you both and Stu is feeling better. I was wondering if the husks had arrived and any noticeable difference yet. x

Karen and Lynda how are you this week hope you never caught the “want to eat bug” that was in the water this week. Lol x

Had a good day fasting yesterday but off with daughter shopping and stopping at McDonalds today. Not panicking now as I did at first suggestion because I have worked out my day. ( well I have in theory )Lolol. Have good one friends Xx.

Hi Karen x Just saw your post. Well done you on a good loss. Glad you never caught that bug. Lol
    Have lovely time with your Mum. Mines 88 and I know what you mean about making sure she eats the calorie food. Just love their company though .. such wise heads. Have a lovely time. x

The husks haven’t arrived yet..the post office seems to have mislaid two parcels. Fingers crossed for Tuesday. Weighed in yesterday…14 St 0.6lb can’t wait to be in the 13 bracket. Probably going to do another bulk FD cooking session and then freeze it. Last one did us 10 one person portions.

Hi All

I did start writing a post earlier, the phone went, I fed the cats, completely forgot about the post and here I am again!!

Hi Audrey

You too!

Well let’s hope we all pull ourselves together next week. I am fasting today after yesterday’s unplanned meal. Enjoy your Paella.

Hi Karen

Well done on your loss. At least you are on track not like the rest of us. Maybe it is the change in weather, I feel the need to eat more filling foods in the winter. One of the best calorie dense foods there are is the small packets of noodles, I gave them to mu Mum for the same reason. Now I think if she were alive I would do the sane but by adding them to soup and blending them into it. A strange food for older people to eat. My Mum loved pasta so this was similar. They are really high in calories for a little packet.

Also I’m not sure if they still sell them but the rolo pots are tiny and again ridiculously high, these won’t provide nutrients but they will provide calories. Some yoghurts which are easy to eat especially the creamy ones and high in calories.

Enjoy the visit, I’m sure you mum looks forward to seeing you, my my lived with me for 5 years.

Hi Hemmy

Well I hope we both do better next week. Be strong today, or am I too late! 🙂

Hi Celtic

I hope Stu is feeling recovered now. I received my Glucomannan the day after I ordered it, it was through a friend who has Amazon Prime.

I have made a soup today and added three times the liquid in it. I put 4 scoop s of it in there, so only about 3g it certainly thickened. I didn’t want to use too much as it is my first time of trying it. The phone rang again in between me mixing it and putting it in the soup and it was very gloopy, a bit like wallpaper paste, this was ok as I was adding it to the soup. The delay in pouring it is made it thicken too much and it turned lumpy. I soon got my hand bender in and whizzed those lumps out.

The soup wasn’t very tasty as I had watered it down from one pint to three pints. Obviously I should have put a chicken stock cube in there at the very least, when I looked in the cupboard I had lamb, beef and ham but know chicken or vegetable. Ah well a learning process…..

I must say I had about half a pint followed by half a pint of water and it did make me feel full. So I bit of a success of course I have so much soup left now that I shall be eating it for days!! It was quite high calorie so I think that I wanted it to be lower as I prefer a meal later. I know you need to use more of the psyllium to thicken but it should have a similar effect.

I shall go and buy some stock cubes and this will flavour the soup.

I hope you will be in the 13s next week.

While I was thinking of soups I looked up some recipes for low calorie soups. They look interesting especially one of the vegetable ones this will be filling as well. Link below

http://www.fatsecret.com/recipes/collections/nutrition/low-calorie/under-100-calorie/Soups.aspx

Let me know if you make any and I will as well.

I also looked at the glorious range of soups, the sell in all of the supermarkets in the UK. The skinny luscious San Antonio one looks good and only 99calorues for half a tub, 300gms it is also fully of fibre about 5g so it should help us feel full and not get constipated. It is about 1.99 a tub in the fresh section so 99p for a no fuss lunch seems really good.

Ginette

Here are

Hi F Friends. x

Yesterday turned out well. Went to McDonalds and enjoyed a big mac .. med fries and a diet coke. 920 cals. I would have normally included a strawberry milkshake instead of zero coke. Enjoyed it … then had a good day with 1500 cals in total so pleased. (and hey it was Sat and no wine) Lol.

Just need to get through to day which includes a roast dinner.. at least I am cooking so have control.

Thank you for the links Ginette. x

Hope everyone is having a good week-end mindful but enjoyable.x

Hi all,

I have had a couple of really bad days, have eaten lots of rubbish and am now back to where I started at beginning of laSt week!

Ian was back in work last night so it’s a liquid only day for me today to see if I can gain back some control!

Hope you are all doing ok,

Audrey

Hi F Friends x

Hi Audrey hope today went well for you..x

Awful weather here such a shame for bank holiday week-end.

Had a pretty good day myself. No breakfast then a roast chicken dinner around 4pm. Saving the lemon cheesecake till tomorrow. That was easy as I felt very full. Just had a peach this evening plenty of water. My system seems to have really cleared today too … so good news.

AND No WINE at all Sat/Sun so pleased as it is my downfall as you know.

Hopefully will be good news tomorrow … I will get up later to help it out. Lol.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the holiday.

Best wishes F Friends. x

Good morning friends. Hope all is well with you. x

What an awful rainy start to the day here.

Well, got up later and weighed in at 2 oz short of a lb loss. So going to record a lb for this week as I have been good and over the lb other weeks. lol

Yippeee… 4 bags of sugar unloaded of my body at the start of this week.” after 5 weeks. Yay. No usual Monday FD today … need to mindfully eat up the remains of yesterday.

This week-end has made me realise just how greedy I had become over the last few years. Until I started here I would have eaten crisps and chocs plus loads of wine to accompany the treat meals.

After losing my partner and after initially losing lots of weight quickly I then turned to food and wine for comfort. Those days are well and truly over and I feel so well again and sort of excited.

Sorry for the ramble but its like a bulb has lit up inside me. lol
    Big massive thanks to you all for your tips .. and sharing your journeys.

Have a lovely day all whatever you are doing. Xx

Hemmy

Thanks for sharing some of your past with us. I am glad you have had the “lightbulb”moment.

You are losing weight at a good pace so you are obviously in control of your diet again.

I didn’t manage a liquid day yesterday but came in just over 500 kcal so a good day for me. Ian is working so am planning on scrambled eggs for lunch, then pea and ham soup for main meal followed by fruit around 1000 kcals for the day. Hopefully this will undo my lapse earlier this week!

Have a great bank holiday everybody.

Audrey

Hi All

Hemmy well done for your wine free weekend and your loss.

Audrey, commiserations on your struggle.

I am sorry to say that I have put on 1lb for the first time ever on 5:2. I have changed what I was eating so now I am going back to the basics and back to the food I was eating. I have been eating far less vegetables, Due to it being summer and that I was getting constipated and my health trainer said that I should have drunk far more water as the fibre in vegetables was blocking me up. It seems that there are two types of fibre soluble and insoluble. The soluble is the one that makes your system expel waste as I understand.

Ah well, on to September and I must do better!!

What a wash out bank holiday for people, such a shame.

Ginette

Hi all

well, we had a dry bank holiday, but spent most of the day in hospital, son was in for his pre-op – he is getting the op on Friday.

Had a week of ice-cream, digestive biscuits and not much else. Everything else tastes terrible – and everything is going through me – so I think its time to get back in harness, new month and starting tomorrow. Having pulled pork and caramilised onion on ciabatta bread, which coronation coleslaw – love it but I KNOW it is going to be a big mistake.

What is the update and the various fibre supplements – I suspect they might help.

So, having made no significant losses in the past three months, I think I have lost the same 5 lbs 5 times!! – a bit of determination is needed to get a significan loss before Christmas. Surely a stone in 16 weeks is doable – so going for two – that way if I fail I have a great chance of losing that stone! I really need a dress size down before Christmas!!!! Anyone else?

Milena,

I am with you on the challenge I think we are passing the weight between us and now it’s time to kick it out of our lives for good.

Hope all goes well at the hospital, keep in touch when you can and good luck for September I think ginette may like to join us too as I think she has been struggling!

Audrey

Good evening friends. x

Oh Ah lovely to see you all. x

Audrey hope your planned meals went well today. Don’t think I could do a liquid day I would get a headache I reckon. x

Ginette Our inspiration. You have done fantastically well over these many months. I was only thinking today while walking Pip how wonderful that you have managed to keep such enthusiasm lucky for the rest of us new bods. x

Milena how very inspiring that after being really not well you still come here with new goals. Good on you… You have my great admiration. x

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Rained cats and dogs here on the Oxon / Northants border. Hopefully a better day tomorrow.

Yay.. Milena let all us true grit Brits get a goal to reach by hook or by crook by Christmas. Yay. I am in. x

Hi Milena,
    I’m with you for the challenge as have only managed to maintain for the past 6 weeks while I’ve been on school holiday so need to kick start the weight loss again now, I’m having a FD tomorrow and another on Thursday this week.

I can’t complain too much as I have had a good summer break and over eaten quite a bit so am happy with the maintaining.

Good luck everyone else. Xx

Hi Friends x

How is everyone. Sick of this awful rain … need some dry.

Hi Norlandlass Good luck with your FD today. x

Fast day today for me too. Just my toast and cheese … oxo loads of water. Probably not the best choice but it seems to work for me. lol

Anyone else fasting today. x

Hi all,

New month for us all, fast day for me too! I have a chilli con carne and bare naked rice ready for my evening meal. Not to keen on the naked rice or noodles but they are filling and almost calorie free.

Good luck to all fast or feast.

Audrey

Hello all

I’m new to this forum but have been doing a 5:2 since April, as husband and I needed to lose weight for my daughter’s wedding. I hope my story will provide a bit of a boost for those starting out. I lost a stone and my husband lost 2 stone!

The wedding was in July and I feared that our 2 week holiday afterwards would undo all our good work. I did put on a few pounds but I think this diet has taught me better eating habits, especially with sweet stuff so not too much damage was done. We have both got right back into our 5:2 routine and I’m now under my pre-holiday weight.

I have some health issues (underactive thyroid and heart damage after a heart attack) and anything more than gentle exercise is out, so diet is all I have to keep my weight on track. I do fear losing motivation so have been looking for some friendly 5:2 support. I’d like to lose another half a stone and then maintain.

I’m interested in finding great fast day recipes and quick lunch ideas. I’m bored with most of my tried and true items, so would welcome some new ideas.

Hi Audrey

If you don’t like the bare naked rice (don’t know what that is!!) or noodles why not try cauliflower mash. It is really easy and very tasty. You don’t much either as it is very filling 🙂

Hi JFitzy

Bare naked rice and noodles are made of kanjac flour they have zero fat and 8 kcal per pkt also a good source of fibre.

You can get them at morrisons or holland and barrett. Very good for fast days but unless you give them a really good rinse they have a funny taste!

Thanks for idea of cauliflower mash though not thought of it x

Audrey

Good morning Friends.. Hope all is well with you.x

Had a good F day yesterday but need to shake F days up a bit with something different.
    I have for the last 5 weeks stuck to eggs toast and cheese but feel bored with it now, although it works. Going to give M&S “Count On Us” a go I think.

JFitzy.. thank you for suggesting the cauliflower mash never thought of that … would be good on cottage pie .. fish pie etc. x

Welcome Priscilla55 good luck with your last half a stone. I am sure there will be lots of suggestions and help for you here. x

Audrey … Hope yesterday went okay for you. I kept thinking about your chilli … could almost taste it. Lol x

Onwards and downwards. Have a good day all whatever you are doing. x

Hi hemmy, the chilli I make is a slow cooker recipe it’s really easy to do and VERY LOW calorie. It’s basically turkey mince, onion, 2 stalks celery, 1 pepper, mushrooms all diced 1 jar passata 1 tin kidney beans, 1 tin barlotti beans and 1 tin mixed beans half tsp of chilli powder I use hot then salt, garlic, and a pinch of oregano and black pepper.
    Fry your mince in 1 cal , put into slow cooker,mix in all other ingredients with the juice from 2 of the tins of beans. Cook on low for 8 hrs.

It makes loads, i added all the calories together then divided into portions mine comes to 200 kcal per portion. Very tasty and good for fast days as it is full of fibre with all the beans hehe!

Hope you make it

Audrey

Hi All

Welcome Pricilla

You will probably see recipe ideas pop up. I like something quick and easy on fast days, I sometimes shop at farm foods as they have a delicious spicy chicken and barbecue chicken, I like to have this with about 300 gram of mixed vegetables. I get everything out of the freezer and then the following day cook the veg and pop the chicken in the microwave. All ready in about 10 minutes and not spending too much time in the kitchen near other temptations.

As I have understood those last few pounds are the difficult ones to lose, but stick with it.

Not much nice weather but I can see some sun today and there was some yesterday and I am grateful for that. Even ten miles away there wasn’t much yesterday so I must just have been lucky. I have seen thunder forecast in the midlands not so good!!

Well I started on fibre supplement two days ago, the first day I did half measures, yesterday I did 3/4 measures. As I don’t eat breakfast I will never be doing full measures. Put it this way, I am not constipate for once! I use one that I mix with water and then drink a glass of water afterwards. My weight might be a way of knowing although I am going back to what I used to eat, salads don’t seem to help me.

Audrey, I have never used Turkey mince but will give this a go when I fancy a change, yes I think you are getting your fair share of fibre.

Hemmy

Yes you need to try and include more vegetables. I have heard some good reports on M&S foods. I hope you enjoy the change.

Ginette

Hi all and welcome new people 🙂

Hemmy..well done on your loss.

Hope this week is going well for all. As we are now slipping into Autumn I am looking forward to soups. Ginette..I shall have a look at the recipes you recommended.

Audrey..that chilli sounds fab! Chilli is my absolute favourite food..if it’s on the menu I have to order it!!

I have tried cauliflower mash and it’s really tasty. Usually use it as a cottage pie topping.

I am going to attempt B2B FDs this week. Today and tomorrow. Trying to limit damage done during indulgent weekend! I did count and log cals but know I slightly went over tdee a few times. Still it was worth it and had a lovely time with my mum 🙂

Stay focused all 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Thank you so much Audrey, that recipe sounds very tasty.
    Like Ginette I haven’t tried turkey mince will give that a go.

Wow Ginette a nice clean system, bet you are feeling a whole lot better too.
    Yes, need more veg on 500 days. Think I just avoided making stuff as I thought I may be too tempted to eat too much. Lol

OMG. Just arrived back with my daughter Kristy from a garden centre lunch.

We haven’t been there for a few weeks and the food is lovely all freshly cooked. Today… after yesterdays fast made the mistake of ordering their 6oz homemade burger in a bun with golden chips and salad. WELL, my stomach has truly shrunk over these weeks. I felt absolutely full to the brim and quite ill for a while after. Will really be careful now in future when eating out… order much smaller portions. Lol

Good news was I wore a pair of white jeans, the first time for a few years and felt really good in them.

Nothing else for me today. Hahaha.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day as the sun is shining at last.

Karen once again just saw your post. lol

So glad you had a nice time with your mum. Good luck with your B2B it will be interesting to see how that goes for you. Have you done it before?
    Look forward to hearing how it went. x

Hi Hemmy

No not tried it before..usually do Mon and Thurs and those days work really well for me but playing catch up this week.

B2B a bit of an unknown scary prospect especially as I have my weekly Nordic group walk tonight..hope there aren’t too many hills tonight!!

Feeling OK at the mo so I’ll let you know how it goes.

Has anyone else done it?

Any experience/tips gratefully received 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Hi all,

Look at me posting from the caravan! I have never succeeded in B2B fasts. I have tried but failed twice! Let us know how you get on.

If anyone else has any recipe ideas perhaps post them here?

I have had pasta and meatballs for my tea today, well when I say meatballs I actually mean tesco healthy living sausage cut up to look like meat balls then grilled!came to 476 kcals and very tasty a quick tea. 6 meatballs are about 260 kcal my 2 sausage were 149!

Think this wol makes you think more about the quantity and quality of food you eat. I have found I don’t like anything greasy anymore so no more burgers for me….

Have a good evening everyone I am off to look at my garden at the van!

Audrey

Hi Karen Hope your walk goes well this evening and your not too tired..
    Good luck tomorrow with BtoB cant wait to see how it goes. Sounds like a bit of a tough one x

Hi Audrey after today I think I am with you on burgers .. chips etc. lol At least I redeemed myself hedge cutting early evening. Hope all was well in your caravan garden. x

Good day to all for tomorrow whether fasting or feasting x

Hi All

Spurred on by Audrey’s mince I made vegetarian mince with what was meant to be a bit of Chilli, the top came off and it was rather a lot. It was for the end of the week so I shall taste it tomorrow. I think it was far too much so I will just have to have smaller portions.

I still like a nice burger but not the cheaper ones as they are full of fat. Aldi do a nice burger. Burger isn’t something I normally make at home as I save it for a treat when I am out.

I am glad to see you can post from the caravan. You don’t need to miss out now. Well done on the fasts.

Karen I hope your walk went well.

Hemmy, I found this as well when I first started 5:2 stomach does shrink and I still forget once in a while. Then I am completely stuffed full and unable to move.

Ginette

Hi Ginette

if too much for you, put beans in – more kidney beans of course if you wish, but I add Heinz beans to my chilli, it works well, and it will tone down the heat. You can put in any beans, and calorie wise, rinse the tomato sauce off. Makes it a little healthier too.

How did the B2B go Karen, been with you, as I restarted Tuesday instead of my usual Monday, its a fast day tomorrow, so will try for a third. I need to as I’m finding even a short walk difficult, just a slow pace around the shopping centre today, didn’t get to 2000 steps, but better than the other day, parked in the car park right next to M&S.

Anyone seen the new seasons clothes there, btw – I’m a jeans and tops person, how is it so difficult to find a tee shirt in M&S, and jumpers, tops and nice cardis – not one! At least I didn’t have to brave the changing room – the daily mail did an article re shop changing rooms, M&S were one of the worst – and most of them were awful, we actually don’t really look as bad as those horrid mirrors suggest. Thank goodness, cos if we dare to smile about our weight loss, as we saunter into those rooms with a top or trousers two or three sizes smaller than the last time – and we just know that smile will be wider that the entrance – 5 minutes in one of those changing rooms will make us throw in the towel, and order the afternoon tea for two with full fat large lattes – and eat it all ourselves!!!

Hemmy have you tried the Waitrose LoveLife range?They do some brilliant ready meals that are tasty and come in under 350. We especially like the butternut squash risotto, the mushroom risotto and the vegetable lasagne. I cant vouch for the meat or fish dishs but if the veggie ones are anything to go by then they will be great with no nasty additives. They also do several really good muesli. Ive spent 30 years in persuit of the perfect muesli (got to be salt and sugar free, with no dates) and we finally found it a 50:50 mix of the love life bircher and LoveLife Swiss style berry and finally a generous handfull of flax seeds.

Milena, have you tried Sainsburys for clothes? Last year befor the wediing i got super stressed out with other peoples ideas of what I “should” wear , after a couple of awful sessions of being dragged round shops by mates I went off on my own. I ended up buying trousers and top from Sainsburys. Linen cotton trousers in a milky coffee colour and a white broderie anglaise vest top (and a spare just in case plain white cotton shirt. The whole lot came in under £60. I was determined to have clothes that I’d wear more than once. We have also bought a lot of their clothes for Stu and found them really good. My only grumble is not being able to order online.

Looking forward to starting a FD, feeling slightly off track due to PMT. Have held firm and stuck to only weighing on a Friday or Saturday. I can already tell body shape/weight has done the usual pmt lurch. I said to Stu the otherday I can tell Ive got PMT because…. and he interjected with “because you are breathing” I had been about say because of the compulsion to spend money.

Hi Friends hope all is well with you. x

Hi Ginette that chilli sounds very spicy … could make you hot to trot. iykwim Lol
    Yes, I too like a nice meaty homemade beef burger. I chose that yesterday because Kristy doesn’t eat red meat …its a nice treat when out. Now and again my body seems to need it. ( well it feels like That.) x

Milena I agree with you, those changing rooms are horrendous I hate them.

Good luck with your walking. Little extra every day and that should really make it more comfortable. You are much to be admired with your determination doing the b2b as well. Good on you, hope you get good results. x

Celtic C You did make me chuckle first thing nearly spat my toast out. I could just imagine your face after that priceless sentence from Stu. Men. Lol

I like Waitrose so will try their meals as well as Sainsbury’s.
    I agree on Sainsbury’s clothes. Kristy bought their long shirts with top pockets. Beige and kaki… good fit .. wash excellently. Think they were about £16 each, good mix and match for the wardrobe.
    How is it going with the husks.?x

Hope everyone is doing well … have a good day whatever you are doing. x

Morning all!

Audrey..hope you’re having a lovely relaxing time at your caravan x those sausages sound worth a try.

One FD down, one to go! Not feeling too bad although maybe I’ll hit a wall later?! Walk was great last night..a few hills and some steps on the cliff path but my body coped well. I was happy with how it went as I’ve not done a FD on a Nordic day before. I thought it would be too much but was pleasantly surprised 🙂

Made soup for evening meal. Very green (kale, rocket etc) but really filling for not many cals. Will probably make same tonight.

Hope you are all having a good day, whether fast or feast 🙂

Karen
    Xx

BTW..agree with comments re M&S changing rooms. Haven’t bought anything from there for years. I buy quite a bit online from Next. Delivery really speedy then can return to local shop if not right. Works for me!

K
    Xx

Hemmy, still havent got the husks…Royal Mail has lost at least two parcels. So much for my amazon prime subscription. Have rearranged the delivery three times now. Very frustrating .

Wow what a busy forum this is…..
    Ginette hope the chilli is edible
    CelticCrow hope your parcels arrive soon
    Karen, good luck for next fast
    Milena, baby steps for you but hope you get better soon
    Hemmy,thanks for all your support you are like our very own cheerleader lol
    If I have missed anyone out apologies

Caravan garden is lovely still full of flowers but does need a good weed so that’s on the itinerary for this afternoon.

Have a lovely day everyone

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 1,001 through 1,050 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.