Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,910 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 5 hours, 28 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,101 through 9,150 (of 35,397 total)

• Quick question to you all if i may……

At what week did you notice a slow down and by how much did it slow down…..

Secondary to that is plateauing…has anyone experienced that and what did you do to overcome it?

Cookie x

Hi cookies,

I think my weight loss slowed down after 4 weeks to about 1.5 lb a week… never really hit a plateau but did stop fasting and gained an awful lot of weight back 😟😒.. when I get back into fasting properly, when I am well I do 5 3 rather than 5 2 as it fits better into ians shift pattern and also try to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day…even if it’s just a brisk walk on my treadmil..

Hope this helps
    Audrey xx

Morning all!

Completed my first week & lost 3lb so really pleased with that! 3rd fast day today and the first time I have managed without breakfast, made an effort to go more protein than carbs for tea last night so I hopefully wouldn’t be starving this morning and it seemed to work.
    I do find fasting tough when I work in an office and everyone talks about food all day long but I’ll manage.

Hope everyone has a great day, I’ll try and check in later

Clare x

Clare….well done on your 3 lbs off…and doing without breakfast…πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Cookie…Steve has gone 8 weeks without againing or loosing and I have gone 5 weeks just before Christmas the same.

You have to do 4 weeks before you call it a plateau….then really do what Audrey does which is 3 fast days a week….or a couple of full water fasts….we sometimes go out for haddock and chips with bread and butter at out favourite restaurant that sometimes kick starts it…a good blow out..lol..it does work.

Mix your food about make sure you are not always eating the same food…cut out potatoes, pasta, rice and bread, or eat less…NO SUGAR!

We all hit it at some times just continue it does go down eventually πŸ˜€πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

Jean x

Hi everybody how are my fellow fasters doing? I am still holding strong on liquid only so far but, beginning to get hungry now..

Clare, 3lb loss is excellent I will do a happy dance for you, congratulations….

Back later once Ian has left for work, stay strong everyone

Audrey ❀❀

We are OK in our corner….we had our usual breakfast, I had berries and melon…

Tonight we have decided on a two egg omelette with salad, a bit of hot food this cold weather.

We have been to daughters to do a small job on two drain pipes to pass the time and called to check the caravan before we go away, moved it slightly for the wheels get a bit flat in one place if you don’t.

Had a Audrey and Hemmy oxo instead of a cuppa…

Another 3 hours to wait on dinner….umm..ok at moment..how is everybody else doing??

Keep strong

Jean x

Hi my lovelies,

And very warm welcome to Clare, well done on yr 3lbs weight loss. Fab fab fab 😊😊, and anyone else I have missed 😊😊. I’m not normally forgetful but have just been a bit pre occupied with maintaining my weight 😊. It’s lovely on here and I have made some lovely friends with a wealth of knowledge and advice πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—.

Anyway, I’ve had a epiphany this morning lol πŸ˜‚. I’ve not been myself since I started maintaining, I feel like it’s taken over for some strange reason. I really have been over thinking this maintaince thing. So, I’m not going to do that anymore. 2 fasts a week, stick to TDEE eat healthy and if I loose so be it and if I gain I’ll add in another fast. I’m keeping it simple and not going to get to hung up on it. If I hit 9 stone 7lbs, then it’s time to be weight loss focused for a short time.

Apologies for not being myself and thank you for listening to me and supporting me. I really do appreciate you all and every bit of advice you all give.

Looking forward to now being my bouncy old self πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ€—πŸ€— love Louise xxxxx

Louise..
    A plan…don’t get hung up about it…follow your plan…try and keep to 9.7 as near as you can…πŸ˜€πŸ˜€you can do it…we are behind you…πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ€žπŸ€ž

Jean x

Good afternoon FB Brits. Hope all is well with you and yours Xx

What a damp ole day once again.. still lucky to be able to get around.

Kay hope all goes smoothly for the move today. Hopefully not too tiring. Xx

Fasting with the mass today. Lolol Going to stick with my trusted omelette later. … a little cheese to taste but mainly veg left from yesterday.

Seems to feel more substantial than soup for me somehow.

Vi hope you feel better soon… have a good FD. Xx

Well done Clare on your 3lbs loss. Yay Yay. Xx

Have a good day all you Brit Lovelies …

β€œWhen it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump. Otherwise you end up staying in the same place your entire life.”

Lets make sure we all do that jump together. Xx

Cookies – I’m regularly plateau-ing and call this the slowest diet ever rather than the fast diet! But I’m really happy to take it slow in the hope that I’ll be making more permanent changes, and I don’t really want people noticing as I go! (Also need to learn patience, so a slow diet is good for my soul!)

Sorry everyone that I didn’t manage to check in later last night, as the mass fast might hav changed my mind about today. But I decided to stick with my original plan of Tues and Thursday even after Sunday’s failure as my evenings will hopefully work better for me…how’s it all going for everyone, though? Brilliantly, I hope.

Lovely to see you back in print, Vi. Haven’t read the Book you mentioned (although considered it at Christmas, but will think twice following your comments). I know we share a love of children’s literature, so I’ll bring you up to date on the reading the boy and I are currently enjoying – together, we’re reading the Hobbit – FAB…just as good this time as 40 (!) years ago. And I’ve just discovered that at school during milk time (yes, they still do that here!) the teacher is reading the first Harry Potter to them! I had decided that this would be the year I’d let him start the first one or two books, so that’s fine…I’m just a little bit disappointed I’M not the one getting to read it with him! I’ll get over it. At least he’s loving it. BTW did you ever read the dragon training books – very different from the movies, which we loved – and they still fuel half the imagination games the boy plays!

MX

Louise

You can do this if 5 2 is too much and you keep losing swap to 6 1….

Audrey x

Afternoon all

Kay hope the move is going well

I am with the mass today, but have to say have been really hungry, rumbly tummy and all that, but have stayed strong, I have a low cal spaghetti bolognese for tea, really looking forward to it, I have realised that, my fasts aren’t as good as can be, I still tend to have carbs, but have decided that until I plateau then I won’t change things, at the minute it is working.

Take care speak later

Tammy xxx

Well If that was tea, roll on breakfast πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ xxx

Oh dear…I am just going to start on mine….it’s getting very nippy now must be cold outside..❄️❄️Heating going up a notch or two..lol

Jean x

Hi Minols

No, I haven’t read the how to train your dragon book, I really have no love for overly large scalely creatures, but boys will be boys =) Glad you guys are enjoying the Hobbit. You could also try “His Dark Materials”. Though, it might be a little dark for the boy. It’s a very involved and compelling story

Hey Louise

I agree with Kay, why don’t you just try 6:1, and see how you go from there. That’s what MM did..

Will catch up with all of you later
    Have a good night
    x
    I just finished my soup, it was very good.

Hi all

Well done Clare – great start

Posting on train back from London. Had to wait for a while at Victoria smelling those food smells and although i noted them I wasn’t driven to distraction in the way that I would have been 3 months ago. Fasting liquid only and feeling strong and determined. I have to accept though the weekend wasn’t great. Nothing horribly catastrophic but too much wine and too many carbs! I need to make up for that.

Cookies, you’ve been given good advice already. I particularly like Tammy’s, don’t worry too much or try to adjust unless you feel it is not working so well. Depends how much you have to lose but this has to be about re educating your palate and appetite and it is not a quick fix.

I think a slow down depends again on how much weight you have to lose and what you are eating. Jean is quite right, unless you’ve stopped losing for about a month than it isn’t necessarily a plateau. I am halfway through my journey. 23 pounds to go. I have lost differing amounts each week from 4lbs to nothing but mostly, if I am honest with myself, I know what has caused the slow progress weeks. What you eat is crucial and if you eat carbs and/or sugar in any form it will slow or stop progress. If you want to kickstart it just avoid both of those things for as many days as you can even if you can’t do it completely (I can’t or haven’t yet). Ie put it like this if you hit the toast and jam too regularly then you aren’t going to lose very well.

Just as a side issue for post menopausal women it becomes a whole lot more difficult because of the hormonal reductions.

I remember Hemmy said a week or so ago that carbs are like hungry pils…well yes…..and the more you have of them the more you want. The less you have the less you need/want.

Stay strong fasters, just the tricky dinner time bit to get through and we are almost there.

Hope it is going well Kay, not too exhausting and that this move ends up being a very positive one for you x

Afternoon all

Well done Clare 3lb that’s fab.

Just been to hospital about my bunion it’s hurting when I walk so a op is planned for me 1st of Feb.

Have had a good FD 346 cals so I can have Greek yogurt later if I need it..
    Lynda x

Hi all

Its sounds like we are all doing well.

I have just eaten am on 380 kcals for the day…

Now is the danger time for me, when Ian leaves for work is when I am tempted…

Back later

Audrey

Hi All…

Just finished dinner, enjoyed my omelette…I think I am getting better at cooking them…I try and remember how they cook them in hotels on holiday….I think I am nearly there…lol..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Finished the day at 468 calories…strange not been hungry today..last Thursday rumbling all afternoon…

Audrey…no temptation when Ian gets home….🀞

Sarah…must be so much harder when you are working, keeping off food and today when travelling..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Vi…glad the soup went down well…

Lynda… good luck on the bunion, will you be in plaster or with wires stuck out your feet?? I had one done god it must be 30 years ago…it depends on your surgeon which op they do I think there’s about 4 different ways…I was in bed 5 days to keep my foot clean and away from infection….when I had my plaster off I wore daughters pixi boots ( flat) size 8 I was only a 6 but foot was still swollen.

Hemmy, Clare, Angela and Minols…hope you are both OK…nearly finished

Everybody looks as if they have had a good day…keep strong this evening…πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡..I feel as if I have missed somebody…sorry

Jean x

Evening all.
    FD nearly done. Had crustless quiche and homemade tomato soup for dinner. Next to no carbs as I’m finding Im doing better since I cut them right down.
    Cookies13
    You mentioned plateauing. I was doing really well on the 5:2 and lost nearly 3 st then it all seemed to stop. I’ve been trying for weeks to lose but it wasn’t coming off then Christmas came and I gained. I’ve now lowered my carbs and it’s all started to come off again so for me that was the answer.
    Clare
    Weldone on your weight loss. You must be so pleased.
    Blankspacebaby
    You’ve done very well on your first week, keep going.
    Kay
    Hope your move goes well.
    Vik
    Welcome back. Sorry your still suffering.

Making nursary curtains tonight for my youngest grandchild. Been awhile since I’ve had the sewing machine out.
    Have a good evening all.

Evening,

Glad everyone has had a gud fasting day 😊.

I’ve had a healthy NFD 😊, 2 gym sessions and 12,000 steps. My app to,d me this morning that had walked 41 miles last week lol πŸ˜‚.

Anyway, I’m on a FD tomorrow. Is anyone joining me? 😊.

Speak later or tomorrow if my bed starts to call 😊.

Love Louise πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜˜πŸ’—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—xxxx

Carol..
    Sorry I missed you…glad your days gone well…I think you are right it’s the carbs. We have some but not every day…I try and work my menus around them then Steve doesn’t miss them…lol

Have a lovely sewing night I find it relaxing….

Louise..
    Glad your plan is working, have a lovely evening up or in bed…lol

Jean x

Hi jean

I had my other foot done about 20mths ago in bed for 3 days no plaster just heavily bandaged and a funny looking sandle/shoe with no give I had to wear for 4 weeks took about 6weeks until I felt OK to return to work.

Lynda x

Lynda…
    Sounds much better than I had….improvements are happening all the time…my plaster was on 4 weeks!..not good pre Christmas …lol

Jean x

Hey all

I am staying strong….am going to have an early bath, facepack do my legs etc then have an early night..hope all my fellow fasters are staying strong too.. back tomorrow

Thanks for your company mass fasters

Lynda hope foot is OK…. bless you are in the wars…😷😷❀❀

Audrey x

Good for you Audrey. I agree it is harder for me when OH out at night. Goodness knows why. He is in the kitchen at the mo tucking into something which smells nice. I won’t go anywhere near. Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Lynda, sorry to hear that, spunds quite dramatic (hope you’re not googling about it like me lol!)

Louise, you are sounding much less strained about maintenance. You will work it out with a bit of trial and error.

Jean, it is actually easier being at work than being at home with easy access to shops, kitchen etc

Carol, you are sounding really good and strong. Great.

Vi, lovely to hear from you. Hope you start to improve soon.

Carol, Jean and anyone who has mentioned sewing, sounds so nice and creative. I can just about put a button on. The idea of making curtains and the like sounds very difficult.

Have a good night all. X

Hi all, just a quick check in as I’ve just got in from work. About to have my tea. On track for a good fast day.

Clare, well done on the 3lbs. You’re on your way.

Audrey, that sounds like a good way to fill the time and treat yourself instead of eating.

Sarah, I don’t fast when travelling as I find it so hard; especially when you’re sat there and not kept so occupied.

Hope you’re all having a good day and Kay, hope the move is going OK.
    Dinner, pack, bath and bed for me. I can’t wait to have a normal week at home next week! πŸ˜‚

Oh,while I have you all, think I should confess my scales showed a blip yesterday morning with 3lb back on, 1.5lb gone again tonight and it is my cycle time, but I really wasn’t too bad over the weekend so I truly hope it’s cycle related. I don’t want to take pebbles from the jar. I will weigh Saturday morning again this week after my 2nd fast. 😣 xx

started this diet last week and was doing really well no junk food or overeating but I ate 2 slices of cake and had crisps today have I ruined all the effort from last week??? I feel so bad now. Help

Ria..
    Welcome to the 5.2 way of eating…if it’s a non fast day fine..it’s best not to..just continue with your fast days as usual …it’s a way of life not a diet…it does get easier…
    X

Hi Road and welcome,

1st thing is not to beat yourself up about a bad day. We all have them, the trick is to move past it and get straight back on the diet.
    Cake and crisps are not off the menu in moderation. I guess something in you craved them today and the trick with any successful diet is to understand your body’s needs and your triggers and find a way to manage them.

How did you do last week? Did you deny yourself everything? Did you stick to your TDEE on your no fast days?

Don’t worry, we’re here to support. Xx

Sorry, Ria not road.. predictive text! πŸ˜‚

Hi gottotrysomething

Thank you for responding I did really well last week I did 3 day fast and I only had boiled eggs, oats in water and lentals only chocolate I had was a bar of special k on non fast days. But I don’t no what happened today I had boiled eggs and fruit and then I saw the cake and couldn’t help myself and then I had crisps but I feel so sick now.. my biggest trigger is bread but I’ve toattly managed to avoid it. Does it get easier? Any tips? Will this effect my weight loss I lost 3 pounds when I checked this morning is the cake going to put it back on lol ???

Hi Ria,

I’m new to this diet myself and am only on week 3 with the help of these lovely ladies. What I have found is that you the 3 steps forward and 1 step back with the weight on this diet, but net effect is still forwards.
    I losthink 3.5lbs week 1 and (as long as my weight yesterday morning was only a blip) then 3lbs in week 2.
    On my fast days I stick to 2 M&S balanced for you meals coming in less than 250 cals per meal, and I try to stick to my TDEE on non fast days, but I haven’t always been successful and I’ve had chocolate and crisps etc.
    So in truth, you might weigh a little more tomorrow but less again the day after, so don’t worry too much.
    When are your fast days this week? What day are you weighing? Xx

Gottotrysomething
    My fast days are normally Monday Wednesday and Friday but will change to Tuesday Wednesday and Friday because of today I weigh my self on Monday mornings. I weigh 9st 10 at 5ft 4 I’d like to be 9st, my stomach and my boobs are a serious problem πŸ˜‚ Do you exercise I’m thinking of adding half hour brisk walk on high incline on treadmill 5 days a week. Xxx

If you’re doing 3 fast days the weight should come off. You have alot less to lose than me so mine probably will come off faster… I’m 5ft 3 and I dream of getting to 9st 10! πŸ˜‚
    At the moment I’m not exercising, but I want to. I’ll add that in when a) I can actually get home from work at a decent time and b) when I plateau to help me push forward again.
    I started this journey weighing 12st though so I have quite a way to go. My target is to get to 10st 7lb or below for my holiday in May. I chose this diet as I want to live my life whilst doing it x

Gottotrysomething

Thank you so much for your advice. Good luck I hope u reach your goal xxx

How’s the fasting gang doing?? All going well…a few hours to go…πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. Keep strong and resist..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

Doing OK Jean. Just had a fat free jelly to deal with a sweet craving but I’m done for the day now. Finished at 471 cals. Now for bath and bed while hubby sits and munches his way through sweets, chocolate and peanuts! πŸ˜‚ xx

Welcome Ria ..good luck with this way of life. Lots of support here. Xx

Sym … Had a good FD like yourselves .. had an omelette seems to be the most filling for me.

I was just looking at all the other diets out there or way of life. I am just wondering if its going off track of 5-2 worrying so much about low carbs/ no carbs hardly. Its makes it sound like the Atkins diet which didn’t suit me at all.
    When I started I just ate anything … fried egg sandwich on fds.. lol just upto 500 cals .

As its for life basically … think I am going to stop being obsessed about carbs.
    Think it just portion control really. Xx

Hemmy…
    It’s a way of life so it has to be do able…we just want to do it slowly, cutting back here and there on the carbs but still eating them.

Hoping over the next year get Steve down more and me to goal and maintain. I like the odd cake and wine, life’s too short to cut everything out..

We will keep going Hemmy I think we have got it right…cheers to a Merlot on Friday…lol

Night night

Jean x

Hi Hemmy,

I don’t believe that carbs are evil and in fact sometimes you just know when you need them, your body tells you. Carbs typically have more calories than proteins though so that’s why low carbs can help you lose weight, plus the fact your body burns them 1st to produce energy, then fats, then proteins, so if you’re in a carb deficit theoretically your body will move to burning fats.
    I think we each have to find what works. I believe my body enjoys one day per week of no restrictions, it seems to push it forward again. I hope that continues on this diet too! πŸ˜‚

Hubby just weighed… he’s dropped 2lbs and he’s done nothing to deserve it😒 I no longer weigh less than him 😭😭😀 life is just unfair sometimes!! Xx

Sym … Yes… slow but sure. Of course it gets harder the nearer we get to goal. I am finding my weight is pretty stable now after Non F days… in the beginning all over the place.

Hope Steve does well this year he is doing so well and obviously you are a very good cook so its not easy. Lol Anyway just going to carry on how I started. It is forever really. Xx

Gotto Hi, Sods law Lol … hubby losing that weight without trying too hard. Lol

Yes, I agree with listening to the body .. its our very best guide. Sleep well. Xx

Morning all. First weigh in today shows an 8lb loss….whilst that’s amazing, I am worried about a false sense of security. Fast day yesterday and another Wednesday means I won’t be fasting until the following Monday so I guess I need to be really careful. Have tried to have just 2000 cals on NFD which I think is paying off but don’t want to put any back on … still happy though, thanks for being my ears xx

Morning all and welcome Ria

Managed through yesterday. Hope it wemt well for everyone else on the mass fast. Strange I thought i would have found it harder after overdoing it at the weekend but in the end it was all quite straightforward, Pleased is a NFD today!

Jean and Hemmy, whatever you have done it has certainly worked as it has got you to goal or very close.

Have a good day everyone and sendingpositive thoughts to anyone fasting today x

Cookies, fabulous! Really great to hear that. As the weeks go by you will feel more secure and confident in this WOL. I felt it was quite tenuous to start with. it is partly accepting that it is a new way of eating rather than a weight loss diet per se and even when you have reached target you need to continue in some modified form. Well done and good luck this week.

Morning all

Cookies well done..

I can’t decide what to eat today, usually I am craving something after a fast day but today I don’t feel hungry… very unusual for me…

I will get, my recipe book out and see what inspires me!

Good luck you any Tuesday fasters, off now back later

Audrey x

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Cookie… Wow Wow that’s brilliant 8lbs .. so very thrilled for you. You will soon relax and go with the flow. All pans out in the end just keep doing what you have just done. Yay Xx

Sarah .. It just becomes a way of life and I think we get used to the pattern.

A sort of relief sets in that we are now in control after many years. A good feeling in its self. Xx

Aud … Enjoy your day and looking out your recipes. I have 2 more bloody blinds to clean … Lol Good feeling when done though. Xx

Well peeps … just weighed and have lost 1 pound. So back to pre Xmas weight. Onwards and downwards and its only Jan. Lol

Brit lovelies … and anyone thinking of joining us…..

Two little words that can make all the difference: Xx START NOW Xx

Good Morning Everyone,

A dark start today for us…

A very grumbling stomach this morning so I had a bowl of porridge for a change but it does up the calories…

A bit of a shopping day for us, a few holiday bits e.g. Birthdays, Anniversary and valentines cards..lol..while away…a coffee out and off to Lidl.

Cookie…your weight loss is amazing…big number..well done..

Hemmy…another pound off…a little number..but still a well done…still a big achievement when we are fighting at the end…..lol…don’t I know it!..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€..good luck on finishing the blinds..

I am getting very stable now I don’t know if I am ‘here’ yet…5 weeks the same before Christmas …I don’t want any arguments with my body..lol

Audrey…hope you get inspiration today a change of menu…I love looking at menus and baking….even if it has to be in my head…lol

Sarah..have a good NFD that’s what it’s all about.

Angela..you have to find what works for you, just a different way of life…..is hubby competing with you..lol

Jean x

I have decided what I fancy…. drum roll please

PASTA… so I have made a quick tomato sauce, using tinned tomatoes, onion garlic and herbs, I have got 2 heck sausage out of the freezer…add it to penne pasta and it’s a low calorie meal for me and cost nothing…πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Smells lovely

Audrey xx

Morning all.
    7 lbs loss for me this week πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‡πŸŽ†
    Low carbs and 2 FD have pain off.
    Cookie
    You to have reasons to celebrate. Well done.
    Hemmy
    Another weight loss for you. Well done.
    Ria
    First of all, welcome to our little group.
    Dont worry about a couple of pieces of cake, it’s the 5:2, little treats are allowed. I had a cheese burger last week but still lost 7lbs. It’s what we lose in the longer term that counts.
    Gototrysomething
    Your right, carb s arnt evil but we do eat way to much unrefined carbs as a nation. They are delicious and satisfying but for me I’ve noticed if I reduce them I lose weight better. As I have Coeliacs, I don’t eats lots of carbs anyway and gluten free bread etc is higher in sugar and Cal’s. I do like rice which what I enjoy most.
    Well done to your hubby on his 2lb loss.

I’ll have to be very strict during the week as its our 40 th wedding anniversary on Sunday and were going out with the family. Feels strange given my relationship with my IH but having my family is something to celebrate. Then birthday next week also.

Have to go, OH is on a rampage as he can’t find his coat. 😡
    X

Viewing 50 posts - 9,101 through 9,150 (of 35,397 total)

You must be logged in to reply.