Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,913 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 9 hours, 30 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,001 through 7,050 (of 35,400 total)

• Casp…

You will get it together it’s just a totally different way of life…it does get easier….honest..

Jean X

Evening Everyone,

I had a lovely wet morning of rugby with a winning score too 😊😊through to the 2nd round of the Yorkshire cup πŸ† Hoooraaaah 😊. No golf as too wet so a quick turnaround and home 😊. Had a lovely afternoon with my mum n dad (love them to bits). Made cake, tea cakes and crumpets for everyone and didn’t even want any myself (lots of sugar in them lol).

Made my courgetti spaghetti again could become addicted lol with left over bolognase.

So, it’s weigh day tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone fasting tomorrow.

Hang on in there. Louise 😊😊xx

Hi everone and welcome Casp. Vi well done to you. I have been on liquid only today. It has been hard but I am so pleased to have achieved it after not being on track last week.

Kay, new job and new car, very exciting. Jean you seem to have started well again after your holiday. You might have jet lag but no diet lag!

Tikvah and anyone else struggling (and don’t we all!) for me it is about getting in the zone and the thing that helps me do that is to have a liquid day which is probably under 60 cals for the day. It is no harder IMO than 500 cals which actually makes me hungrier. But it seems to reset something, makes me feel more powerful and in control, like my destiny is in my own hands (or mouth). That and telling our group about my intentions. I don’t want to fail then because it seems like I am disappointing my friends. I do struggle with NFDs and still working on that but again better after a no food day.

Go for it! It works and it will work for you if you let it!

Good luck to tomorrow’s fasters xx

Ps yorkshire pudding? Oh very yum!

I am being organised and have already weighed out my breakfast for tomorrow water porridge, like you Sarah57 I think I might cope better with a liquid fast as the first day i coped fine until I ate and that was when I started craving, I will see how tomorrow goes.

HI all
    Just scanned your posts to catch up on the weekend – it’s tough when the weather starts getting bad, isn’t it, and so much easier just to break the greyness with nice food! But you’re all still planning your FDs, so we can get back into the rhythm of this WOL! Or at least, everyone else can, and I’ll rejoin you when I’ve finished having a holiday next week – LOL!
    Yesterday we ran around like mad things in a roofed ruin – lots of ancient steps up and down, and because it’s survived 500 years of wear and tear, has no soft features left anywhere, Historic Scotland are not a bit precious about 7 year olds clambering up into empty window embrasures and flinging themselves down again having checked that the sill doesn’t contain a gradelou (we were counting the ‘facilities’ Mary Queen of Scots would have had at/for her disposal!) It was great fun – and hopefully will minimise the damage of all the cake I will be eating this week.
    Today’s trip takes us to the Eastern tip of Fife – I love St Andrew’s but haven’t done the ancient stone heaps of history since I took a school party there more than 20 years ago…really looking forward to scrambling about!
    Meanwhile, there will be a lightly guilty part of me thinking of you all as I choose today’s cakes…remember, if you are fasting, that you are doing a better, nobler thing, and I will receive my comeuppance on the scales next Sunday!
    Audrey – have a wonderful anniversary!
    Mx

Hi everyone, just caught up with reading the posts properly after my distracting week. Minols and Audrey enjoy your holidays and a bit of a break from the demands of normal life.

Jean, Enjoy your cordless dyson. I totally get the the excitement over that lol. We have a dyson animal to deal with our two cats and very fluffy dog.

Well done on all your resisting Louise. It feels so good to be in control. I love bolognese and often do a massive pot for freezer. But the spag element has been putting me off. I might try to spiralise courgette. Need to buy a gadget I guess but that must make it so much healthier.

Caspdexy, it is hard at first on the non FDs and I am not there yet with it but your body does it for you. Try listen to it. Try not to beat yourself up too much if NFDs are a bit of a challenge. I reckon if you are successful on the FDs it really NFDs too.

Feeling so much better after my FD yesterday, maybe 70 cals or so. Not hungry this morning. Away for a few days at a place we visit often so going to look forward to my dinner but feeling in control now and so expecting to choose wisely and love it! Everyone says this is a WOL and it is. We are all here because we are unhappy fat or worried about health issues. This WOL makes us happier and healthier.

I am so worried about my lovely and very overweight sister. She has some difficult things going on in her life as well as weight. She lost 3 stone, with lots more to go, on the cambridge diet but has fallen off now. I have told her about this WOL and the forum and she has the jason fung book. I just hope she joins us. Xx

Morning all

Quick post off out for our anniversary day… Ian already got lunch planned.. Lolo

Have a good day good luck to all our Monday fasters

Audrey

Morning all.

This will be my first FD for weeks after going haywire with my eating, then our 3 week holiday. We all seem to have ups and downs but now I’m determined to get back on track.

Been to physio with my knee after having the cortisone injection. I now have Bursitis in my hip. Its been very painful and walking is a problem but I have to keep going because things have to be done. Now my OH who now has a sore toe has taken to his chair and is giving out orders. Why can men be such wimps. Its going to take a lot of determination to get through today.
    Vikathy
    Mental button doesn’t work when he says look at me when I’m talking to you. Mostly in my head I’m blah, blah blah.
    Jean
    Sunday dinner with the family was nice. Hadn’t seen them for a month. With my youngest grandchildren being 4 months, 17 months and 2 yrs it was hectic but fun. Another due next April Ill need a bigger table.

Ah well, must keep busy. Have a good day all.

Carol X

Morning Everyone,

So, it was weigh in this morning 😊. I have now completed week 3 of the 8 weeks sugar diet.

I lost 3lbs today, which now brings my total to a loss of 18lbs in 3 weeks 😊😊😊. My weight loss is slowing down 😞. But it would be just crazy to loose weight at the rate I was going…I think.

Anyway on the positive only 5 weeks to go before I join you all on the 5:2 😊😊.

I hope everyone is well and anyone who is fasting I hope you have a good day.

Louise 😊😊xx

Morning All,

A very bright sunny blue sky morning here…it’s lovely. Grass needs cutting desperately hope it dries out for Steve to cut it…lol…no I will help with the edges!

FD day for us today, fruit breakfast and pork chop with salad this evening. Back on board.

A sneaky weigh in this morning 3 lb up which considering all the cxxp we have been eating not too bad…hoping to be 1 lb up on Friday..😬😬😬..Steve will not go near the scales although he said it’s about what he expected.

The Liquid day fasters…what do you have all day? No food at all? Milk? I would be interested and does it make it any better weight wise than a 500 day.

Casp..
    In the winter we have half milk and half water in our porridge it just tastes the same, if the water only does not taste so good. I always like lovely food if you are only having a bit!

FD’s are a bit boring but the good side, no thinking of what to eat, no cooking or pots to wash..πŸ˜€..or hardly.

Sarah…
    Re filling my freezer, 18 Yorkshires made yesterday always like them better than Auntie Bessie’s..lol

I think we all do very well here helping each other with our ups and downs. Shame about your sister maybe get her to join us here, maybe after reading Fung. Did you ever watch his utube lectures, if I remember there were 6….. 3 were more to fasting.

Minols..
    Have a lovely holiday…nice to have a theme. We started doing Royal things, Sanderingham, Blenheim Palace (with Tesco Vouchers) and HMS Britannia one year, then the next year Chatsworth and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard that over two days really large your boys would be interested ( cheap with Tesco vouchers).

Audrey..
    Have a lovely anniversary and your meal out. Have a bit of ‘you’ time…

Louise..
    You are doing really well on the sugar diet…18 lbs is really good loss. Are you finding it easy to find things with no sugar in or are you making things totally from scratch.

I am trying generally to cut sugar down but it’s in everything..visually you can…but it’s the hidden sugars.

Carol..
    Hope you are feeling better soon, your knee and hip ( Steve is a bit like you, limping along). Glad your family get together went well nice to see everyone after a month.

I have an idea…when your plus one arrives in April don’t buy a new table…you need to loose one!!! You will feel better. Xx

Vi..
    Hope your FD went well on Sunday.

We are with you today fasting, Carol and Casp, Steve and me…anyone else???

Debating whether to do some batch freezer cooking today…on a FD?..a bit of my ironing to finish…will let you know.

All have a good day and FD everyone.

Jean X

Jean
    I have thought about one less at the dinner table. Its on my mind daily but its really scary at my age. I would like a little bit of being looked after but even when I’m sick it never happens. I actually explained how I felt while on holiday but It was made clear he was never going to step up. My choice live in misery or destroy our family structure. Its a big decision.
    x

Hi jean,

I cook everything from scratch. As you are right sugar is in everything πŸ˜•.

Breakfast is either smoked salmon and scrambled eggs or Greek yoghurt with blueberries, strawberries and nuts.
    Lunch depending on how I’m feeling, Mediterranean salad, mozzarella cheese and tuna or flat mushrooms n cheesy beans. Ploughmans is nice just without bread 😊.
    Dinner bolognase, veg, steak, chicken, salmon.

There is lots of other things but these are my favourites at the moment.

The good thing about it is you are never hunger and because you have detoxed you don’t have cravings….well apart from spending a few minutes in the bread isle everyday lol.

Louise 😊😊xx

Hey Guys

Second FD of some blueberries and tomato-soup under my belt. Got my 45 min. of exercise in, too. Tomorrow I can have halve a salad with smoked salmon, and Wednesday I will have the other half. Looking forward to it, I must say.
    So I weighed myself yesterday… 61 kg. I lost 4 kgs since the beginnig of August That means I’m just 8 kilo removed from my ideal weight, I’, pleased as punch

Hey Carol,
    Wow, what a mess. Sorry! But at some point you have to start asking yourself, is this relationship still worth it? It’s always tough

Hey Jean,
    Only 3 pounds up, you must be pleased too, your meal sounds delicious!

Hey Audrey,
    Have a nice anniversary. Ian sounds like a good one.

Hey Louise
    Well done on your loss!

To anyone I missed, sorry!
    x

Hi all

Another quick post. Have been out most of the day had a lovely lunch and now a quick change because we are out again tonight apparently Lolo xxx Italian my favourite yummy ..

Talk tomorrow

Good luck all you fasters will definitely be joining you next week…

Audrey

Hi Vi,

Well done on your loss too 😊😊. That’s amazing going and I’m very sure you will hit goal soon. You’ve inspired me to keep going and plugging at it. As every loss adds up 😊😊.

Hi Audrey have a nice anniversary evening…I love Italian.

Hi carol, life is too short to live a miserable one. You only get one crack at it and you need to make it a good one for you with no regrets. Families are more resilient than you think. Thinking about you 😊😊.

Hi Sarah, as genetically I’m a Yorkshire girl, my favourite food is Sunday lunch with homemade Yorkshire puddings. Yours sound lovely yum yum πŸ‘… x

Apologies if I have missed anyone. Av a nice evening 😊😊xx

Hi all

Jean, you have done really well with only a slight gain on holiday. I would be delighted with that. 18 yorkshires wow. I really like cooking for us for family and friends and time depending do quite a bit. But I have never got yorkshires right. Always flat and puddingy no matter which recipe or how hot the oven or whatever I do. I also love them, not mine you understand but other people’s or even Auntie Bettie’s lol. Yes I watched the jason fung videos. Very nice looking as I sort of knew he would be. He is my total hero and taken over from Bowie and Rickman as hearthrob. It is always good for them to be alive I think.

On the liquid fasting, i just have a couple of cups of tea at start and end of day. I normally do it when I am at work when for some reason I have earl grey tea with no milk and black coffee which is different at home when I normally do have milk. And then I have just a cup of veg boillion. That is it. I seriously don’t feel worse than on 500 cals. I am not sure if it means you lose more. Somehow I doubt it, it is only 500 cals less after all. I was interested about the extra loss at the start but now I think it is worth it for its own sake because I feel so great, so in control after it. It was fung, bigbooty and Kay from this forum convinced me to try it. Previously I thought I might faint or start gnawing my arm off or something. Unfortunately I could probably live a good month or more off my fat hips and bum. Sorry if that is a really unpleasant image (it is actually yuk).

Carol, sorry to hear about your situation. ‘Look at me when I am talking to you’ sounds a bit coercive to me or at least quite rude. I don’t know how old you are and don’t want to talk out of turn but you’ve got a lot of living left to do haven’t you?

Vi, that is so well done! All of those FDs and strength of character are inspirational. I meant to say that sound cookies sound lovely, so granular amd vanilla is probably my favourite flavouring in anything.

Louise, well done that is brilliant weight loss. Great stuff. How much more do you need to lose? You must be moving quickly to your target.

Audrey, your day sounds lovely. Enjoy.

Casp and other fasters, hope you are going well.

Xx

Louise…
    Interesting what you eat, I don’t think I could cut sugar out totally. I am looking at my new cake stand..lol

Your weight loss is so good, it makes you think but I am nearly there so I will possibly just continue. I shall be watching you…lol

Carol..
    Life is too short, why be miserable for the rest of your life? My two daughters were a bit upset for 6 months then realised how much happier I am. They have their own lives now and tick over nicely…their Father still causes them misery but they have to stick up for their selves now…with me biting at the bit on the side lines! He’s still a pain in the bum!

Audrey…
    You sound as if you are having a lovely day enjoy your Italian tonight.

Vi…
    Well done on the 8 kilos off great going…nice that you managed the scales…all the hard work is paying off. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Sarah..
    Thanks for the infor what you do on a FD I will give it a bit of thought…maybe when I get on track again.

I am happy with the 3lbs on…I am hoping for 1 lb on for official weigh in day Friday…I will work hard this week πŸ˜‡

Ginette..
    Everything ok with you, we are missing you.

We have had a good FD today, I will be coming in at just under 400 calories so very pleased, Steve has done well today.. he has stated a very thoughtful food week so that’s good for both of us..πŸ˜€

Have a good evening

Jean x

Hi Sarah,

I have 23lbs to go to get to my target weight 😊😊. I’ll just keep plodding on lol. Feel good and am still focused n I only have 5 weeks to go. Then it’s 5:2 Mediterranean style lol πŸ˜‚.

😊😊xx

Had a really good fd, I am finding it easier than trying to control myself on a nfd, have returned to work after being on hols for 2 weeks and that definitely helped, hope your all doing well, there are so many people, am still trying to remember names.

HI All
    Great to read through and quickly catch up – brilliant loss, Vi…we’re all really chuffed for you.
    Had a lovely day climbing around the ruins, and a windy walk on the beach. Tomorrow we head away away for a couple of nights…at least one more castle (less ruined this time, but one of my all-time faves), more steps, and if it’s dry on Wednesday, a medium-sized hill. Meanwhile the cake and good food will continue!
    Catch you all in few days.
    Mx

Minols, your near my neck of the woods, don’t know if your touring round, but if I could suggest Dunnottar Castle, up the east coast, near Johnshaven, it is wonderful and a bit magical, I am not into castles but I love Dunnottar.

Louise, you’re racing not plodding! Really good going! Xx

Morning all

Had a lovely but caloric day yesterday…

Fast day today for me healthy living sausage, pasta and home made sauce…yummy…

Starting to slowly pack things away for the van. ..

Have a good day everybody

Audrey

Morning All,

Blue sky is coming morning after a misty start.

MEN…we love them to bits…….but then he jumps on the scales…..and he is the same weight as before the holiday!!!

Can we have a dance Audrey because he’s banging on about it, I don’t know if I can survive the day…lol..lol

I hate packing up the van, but you have had some lovely weeks away this year then getting ready for Xmas..and back on track!

Having a slow Wi Fi ..Steve ringing BT to complain it’s been like this well before holiday….so if testing no signal ☹️️ so have to go.

Jean X

Afternoon All,

We have had a drive out to Pickering, a small town. I had seen a handbag in the flea market in the summer, a small bag to go over your shoulder just for my phone and purse.

I had my doubts they would still be there but I got two! A blue to go with jeans and a neutral beige. I am fed up at carrying large bags. I usually go without as Steve pays…just like the Queen..lol

We had meat pie with chips and a cake, very nice but full now so not much later. We are now ‘dry’ until Xmas unless anyone takes us out for lunch then we will join them for a drink.

All very quiet on here…all busy

Audrey hope you are at home now safe and sound.

Jean X

Jean lol lol. The male metabolism is a thing of great annoyance….how very frustrating! Good for you planning on so many weeks of abstinence. I think I am an angel if I resist alcohol from Monday to Friday amd more often than not I don’t. Your lunch sounded good. We are in a hotel with lovely food until Thursday morning and i am indulging, trying hard not to go OTT. I am intending to fast from Thursday (post breakfast I am afraid) to Saturday morning, just seeing if I can do it for a bit more of an extended period.

Hope anyone fasting today is doing well.

Hi Sarah…
    Enjoy your break or is it work…which ever it sounds very nice…always lovely food and wine.

I suppose this is our downfall..lol

Having discussed with Steve about him staying the same weight….he went on lite beer because it was not so gassy…me having 7 large 2 litre bottles of Merlot sharing with daughter…and maybe more..lol

That is one reason of going ‘dry’…. it won’t hurt only on special days out with friends we may join them…social of course….

Steve has stopped his sugar ( sweeteners) in his tea and coffee..I have been chasing him on this for ages…Booty are you listening..lol..lol

Jean x

Hi Jean

We are at the van until next Monday. .. just getting it ready to put to bed and friends are coming at the weekend to pack their caravan up also…
    Had a quiet day today about 700 kcals so not a fast but still pretty good…

Off now will be back tomorrow

Night all

Audrey

Have been quite good today, had breakfast skipped lunch and just had tea , fish fingers but am feeling really really bloated today after my fast yesterday, it’s not like me. πŸ˜• hope your all well.

Evening all.
    Had a good fast day yesterday. First one for ages and it wasn’t bad at all.
    Might try and get three in this week just to get me going again. Been comfort eating a lot which I do when Im angry and P****t off.

Jean
    I love Pickering. My ex sister in-law lives there. It has some lovely little shops. Its a lovely area.

OH out tonight. PEACEEEEE

Audrey…
    Sorry putting you at home before the holiday finished..lol.I thought you ment you were closing down today. Does the site close for the winter?

Good day at 700 calories…..I am in at 1047 calls so not too bad.

Casp..
    Well done on your day….looks like we are all doing well.

Carol..
    Enjoy your evening tonight..

Glad your FD went well yesterday ..hope you get your three in. I find it hard after holidays but not so bad this time.

Pickering was lovely today, bright and sunny the rain came when travelling back.

Jean x

Hi all…Im still here!

Just coming to the end of a FD and the only thing Ive had is a splash of milk in my coffee an hour ago πŸ™‚

Well done on weigh ins and fasting etc

Will catch up properly soon….

Kay

Kay..
    You lead the way in fasting…well done as always

X

@symba7 way to go on the wine and well done to OH on the fake sugar. πŸ™‚ It will pay dividends.

Well done carol, casp and caspers.

Good on you Kay, still following your lead on liquid fasts. Next one is Thurs and friday too I hope, if I can manage it. Have you ever done 2 days as liquid only?? Any tips on this would be great. Hope you are enjoying new job.

Jean, away for a break this time. It is lovely and doing a lot of walking etc. But am enjoying it less than normal as anxious about what I am eating. I guess this is what I should have done before! After this I shouldn’t be away for either work or fun until after Christmas so I should get a good run at it.

There was some talk about us doing a special November challenge. Shall we give it a go to do something a bit more next month? Possibly we could set ourselves a November target?

Hey Vi, how are you doing? Busy today maybe? X

Morning All,

A grey day for us…still waiting to get this grass cut…too wet!

Cooking day for me..off to the butchers to see what he’s got to re stock the freezer.

Bigbooty..
    My wine was while I was holiday in the States and with daughter, I only see her twice a year….lots of chatting to be done….Dry now till Xmas….πŸ˜‡…that was far to much I know.

Sarah…
    Enjoy your break and walking, it’s lovely to be looked after ….but I know what you mean my thoughts while away was on the large portions of calories I was eating and drinking. We do need some time off and a break, I have come back feeling quite positive.

I think November is a great idea..what date 1st ?…some more 800 calorie days, liquid only for you strong ones..lol…. come on Ginette lets have you back it was your idea…πŸ˜€ ..anybody else fancy it….

I think I will do my 2 x 500 with a 1 x 800 day but more thoughtful on food all around….less sugar for bigbooty..lol..I will try.

Vi…
    How are you doing, you are a bit quiet, hope you are well..x

Jean x

Jean, yes that sounds like the sort of thing starting on 1st. My plan would be carry on with two liquid fasts, hope to have just one meal a day on another one or two days and be much more careful on other NFDs.

Targets aren’t for everyone but those of us who want to could post our loss target for the month. I am thinking 6lbs might be achieveable for me. I would like to say 8 but think that would be a big stretch.

Vi, you were keen on a November challenge I think? Hope you are feeling ok.

Off for a lovely walk with OH and dog on the sunny but breezy Suffolk coast.
    Good luck to today’s fasters.

Xx

Sarah..
    I am with you.

Any downward loss would be good…anything more than a pound a week would be great…

I am a pound a week girl!!

I will post at the end of the month….hoping for a 4 lb loss for me…..6 lb would be very nice….nearing my goal so I am slowing down.

Have a lovely walk, wrapped up along the coast sounds lovely.

X

Hi Everyone, I’m in on your November challenge 😊😊.

I’ll still be on the 8 week sugar diet till 18 Nov if that’s ok, which is 800 calories a day. But will then transfer to the 5:2.

Need to keep focused and this challenge will hopefully do the trick.

I hope everyone on their holidays is having a nice time …Sarah, jean and audrey 😊😊xx

Good luck to those fasting today 😊

Louise 😊😊xx

Morning all

I think the November challenge was my idea originally so of course I will be joining you all just need to decide what i am going to do…

Sorry I am quiet but I am reading all your posts just extremely busy sorting out the van and the pitch..

Have a good day all fast or non fast

Audrey

Hey Guys,

Sometimes I’m in a bad place pain-wise, if I have nothing contsructive to post, I tend not to post at all. My FD yesterday went well. Think about 350 cal. And 45 Min of exercise. I always read all your posts, even if I don’t post myself.

I like the idea of a November Challenge, but it’s not a good month for me. It’s my birthday on the 17th. And this year I’m not having one, but two dinners. Do you guys think it’s worth it for me to take part?
    How will we do it? Posting our starting weight, and our goal, and our end weight

My aunt and uncle were here today, it was fun, but I have extended all my energy, so no bike today

Well done all you fasters yesterday

x

Vi and Louise..

In our past challenges everybody does what they can do and which way they want to do it…as we all do different. We will all have social commitments/ birthdays/ holidays so we will have to try and work around them.

I think really it is to get us back focussed, pull the reins in, maybe counting the calories again, getting back to basics. A bit of excerise if we can…off the cakes, sugar and drink…we all know were we fall down.

It’s re thinking it through again, no race, no competition just against yourself….say what you want to loose or not…nobody will beat you up..lol

Audrey..
    Hope you are getting to the end of the cleaning…lol

Vi..
    Hope you soon feel better.

We will see the end of the week who else is joining the challenge.

Jean x

Hi Jean,

That sounds good to me 😊.

I’ll av a think about how much I would like to loose in the month of November and advise.

I’ve joined a gym lol and I start on Monday. Thought I would step it up a notch πŸ™‚ now I’m nearly half way through my sugar diet. Not sure how long it will last but I really need to change my lifestyle and get healthy for me, my children and my Hubbie. Would like to grow old, happy and healthy 😊.

Louise 😊😊xx

Louise..

You sound as if you have it all in hand.

Very positive..the sugar diet is working well with you…after the 8 weeks then joining us on the 5.2 for awhile…after Xmas if you need a boost go back on the sugar for a few weeks unless you are very good and keep the non sugar side going.

Really good luck it’s working well and good luck at the gym.

Jean x

Hi all

It’s a funny day here the sun comes out so out we go to garden 5 or 10 mins later it’s raining. .. this has gone on all day in and out like I don’t know what lol 😊…

Ah well I have got a lot of steps in, I am aiming for 3 fasts a week in November with possibly alternate days whilst ian is working also get the treadmill back out. .

Hope you are all ok

Audrey

Hi all

I completely agree. We all do different things, even if we are doing 5/2 we do it slightly differently 500 cals or less or just liquid or blood sugar diet or whatever. For me the point of a challenge is just an extra bit of focus and oomph as we continue our journeys separately but stronger together as Audrey says.

Vi, you know it is going to be tricky month so possibly even more reason to do it if you want to while accommodating your dinners by factoring them in if you set a target. This is real life after all. Or what passes for it in my case!

Didn’t mean to hound you Vi and hope if you are in bad place pain wise, it subsides fast.

S

Hi All,

Had a busy day cooking, a batch of beef, onions and mushrooms in gravy …the matching lamb, onions and mushrooms in gravy….it’s smells lovely…just waiting to cool to box up for the freezer…possibly 10 double portions.

It’s handy for the caravan as the BBQ is now away for the winter.

I have bought 4 short beef ribs, never cooked these before…slow cooking for 4 hours..garlic, onions, a can of Guinness and ribs supposed to be very flavoursum…they look like small joints!

Looks like I am cooking the family Xmas dinner, it’s awhile since I did, my daughter who lives 40 miles away, son in law and the two boys have decided up come…I did ask but was waiting an answer. Something to look forward to…I think I will ask Carol to come over she likes cooking for loads…lol…lol..I am a bit rusty..

Jean x

Evening all.
    It seems everyone is doing well keeping on track. This is my 2nd FD this week so far. Day gone very well up to now. Really need to walk more but according to my physio I now have Bursitis in my hip. It’s very painful and I’m restricted in what I can do but I’m relieved it’s not my hip joint. Been told I need a cortisone injection in my hip now. What next I wonder. Shoulder, knee, hip, I’m going to pieces.
    I think a bath and an early night is in order.

Evening, that’s my second fd this week done, it went well, am going to weigh in tomorrow, feeling a bit of excited nervousness about it, would love to join in the November challenge, don’t know whether to go for 3 fd or 2 fd and 1 liquid fd, I will decide later, am thinking maybe do a fd on Friday, am in the zone, I should make the most if it, and I did finally manage to cut my grass today,hopefully that’s the last one, hope your all good, will let you know my result tomorrow x

Viewing 50 posts - 7,001 through 7,050 (of 35,400 total)

You must be logged in to reply.