Fasting and TV

This topic contains -1 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bronx 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello everyone. Along with this special group fast I have decided to also drop watching TV for this month. Fortunately, we have a PVR and can record programs and watch them later. My husband and I watch TV together pretty much every night. There are so many other things I want and need to get done for both work and pleasure. I always end up feeling bad for not doing the things I promised myself I would do. I procrastinate and it’s so easy to flop onto the couch at the end of the day. Wish me luck! If anyone else wants to give it a go, I wish you luck as well.

Hi Bethel,

Turning the TV off is certainly laudable, but difficult to achieve. Those boxes seem to call out our names and whisper, “Turn me on and watch me”.

I turned off my TV for several years, and went back to watching in 2010 when I broke my clavicle and got sick of reading after a while. My doctor wouldn’t let me play my guitar or do a lot of activities before the bone fully healed so the TV went back on. I mostly watch old movies (TCM is a Godsend) and political oriented shows now, but do succumb to mindless programs once in a while. I can get into an episode of Food Factory and My 600 Pound Life on occasion, and I’m currently involved in the series Deadwood on Amazon video. Now that I’ve started watching Deadwood I have to see the whole series.

I hope you are more successful than I at keeping the TV turned off. Good luck in your quest.

Bronx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.