Fast days – does it matter when I eat?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fast days – does it matter when I eat?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lee Barnes 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi everyone,

I’ve been on the 5:2 diet for 4 weeks now and have lost an entire stone – am thrilled! (I know some of this weight will be water but it’s great to see the scales drop each week!). I’m eating less than 500 cals on fast days and limiting my calories to 1200 on non-fast days which I think is helping the weight drop off. The myfitnesspal app is my best friend!

I had a question about my fast days – does it matter when I eat? I read that keeping your body in a fasting state without food for as long as possible is best for losing weight however I’ve been eating a rice cracker for breakfast, soup for lunch and dinner and grazing on fruit during the day but always keeping within my 500 cals and never above. I’m finding it easy doing my fast days that way but I’m conscious my weight loss will start to slow after this first stone has dropped. So I’m wondering whether I need to tighten up my eating on fast days to really reap the benefits of weight loss on this programme. I’ve also read that as long as you reduce your calorie intake by 7000 cals a week, you should be on track to lose 2lbs a week regardless.

Love the weight loss I’m getting from this diet – wish i’d discovered it years ago!

I posted a similar query. I lost a stone the first month and ten pounds in the following three months (collectively) I think this is the healthy way to lose, a pound or two a week. Admittedly my first four weeks were FAR more strict. I noirmally eat an apple at about ten, one at two or three and a quorn ready meal in the evening.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.