Fast Day Check-ins

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  knittinghippiemom 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Feel free to join in here, especially if you’re newer to 5:2 (like me!). 🙂
    Today is my second fast day, first week of 5:2. After a summer of not weighing myself as a form of serious denial (Oh, it’s just a couple lbs) my first mini-goal is to lose the 10lbs I’ve put on since turning 30 9 months ago.
    This is the first time in 11 years that I am putting serious effort into combining both exercise and calorie awareness (I dislike thinking of it as “restriction”) and it actually feels astonishingly good. So far. 🙂
    I typically do 10 minutes of yoga every morning, as well as planks and jumping jacks. I read somewhere that if you can hold plank position for 2 minutes, that’s considered a good benchmark for fitness. I’ve been practicing that for 45 days and I’m at 1:10. :-/ To make sure I’m strengthening my lower half too, I’m adding Tai Chi ‘horse stance’ (http://www.wikihow.com/Do-Tai-Chi%27s-Horse-Stance). Yesterday I did it for 4 minutes and my legs were burning and shaky at the end – a good sign. Try it!!
    Hope everyone is having a great day!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply.