Fast 800 exercise query

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Fast 800 exercise query

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr Data 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all

I’ve been dieting for a while and 3 stone down. My weight has hit a plateau now so will be starting the fast 800 to give it a boost. I’m still 5 stone overweight but I have an event in 12 weeks and I’d love to lose a minimum of 1.5 stone by then.

I’ve recently started adding exercise. Mainly walking as I suffer with a curved spine, disc problems and sciatica. I burn anywhere between 300-500 calories per day on my walks.

I’m going to give the fast 800 diet a try and was wondering about exercise calories. I’ve done a lot of research on the diet and some people eat back their exercise calories but others say don’t and stick to 800 a day.

Any advice on what is correct?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I would recommend sticking to the 800 a day but ensure you have a decent amount of protein in whatever you eat on your fast days (to maintain muscles) and also drink plenty of fluids like water or black coffee/tea, green tea etc.

Exercise in isolation doesn’t burn an awful lot of extra calories in daily %age terms, compared to what you burn every day simply by existing. Over a long time it obviously has a cumulative effect and should also keep you healthier in many other ways but it isn’t great as a means of weight loss in its own right.

1.5 stone in 12 weeks may be a little bit ambitious. My fastest weight loss was in my first 6 months when I lost about 1 stone 4 lbs in 13 weeks.

Best of luck with it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.