Faith

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fatty85 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi All,

Not posted on here for a while, but thought I’d give a little update 🙂

I have been on the 5:2 plan since the 16th December, 2014. 5-6 weeks ago I was losing weight at a steady 1lb per week rate – this was brilliant and I thought I’d be reaching my goal weight before I knew it. Then…I hit a plateau and for the past 5-6 weeks I have remained the same weight – 12 stone 5 – definitely nowhere near my goal weight!

Obviously, I had told a few people that I was doing 5:2 and so they were asking week in week out what my weight loss was, which was great when I was losing a lb a week, but when you dont lose anything for even a week, people automatically jump on the band wagon of “well its just not for you”, “perhaps you should try doing this instead”, “what about doing the cabbage soup diet” – nothing like a bit of support from people is there 🙂

Anyway, I perservered, knowing that although I wasnt losing weight, I also wasnt putting it on and I was still 11lbs away from my starting point – definite bonus. The 5:2 plan makes sense – you reduce your calories you lose weight – its just sometimes your body wants to make it difficult for you.

This morning, I jumped on the scales to find that I’m moving again – 1lb off, taking me to 12lbs off 🙂 I’m not moving at a record pace, but a lb is a lb and it took me several months/years to put on the weight, so it figures that its going to take several months/years to lose the weight 🙂

The reason I wanted to share is that I have read sooo many stories of people on here losing faith because they lost a lot initially but then stopped and you can sense from their messages that they are giving up – PLEASE DONT! This works, it can take a while, but it is not healthy to lose weight super fast constantly – initially its great but in the long run, fast weight loss does not mean long term weight loss.

The likelihood is that next week I will probably stay the same… I may even put on, or if its a really good week, I may lose 🙂 your body will decide what it wants to do, you just need to talk it around to your way of thinking by being stubborn 🙂

I would like to note that last week, I did partially give up – I was having an extremely tiring week and not really in the mood for anything. So I tried fasting, but only managed one day of eating 800 calories and the rest of week, I kinda gave up – it would seem it boosted my metabolism.

So much like people have said in the past, just because you have a bad week or bad day, doesnt mean its the end of the world – sometimes its just what the body asked for :)a bit of break, so that it can get back on the horse and try again.

Its not a sprint, its a marathon, so please dont give up 🙂

Jilly

Hi Jilly

thank you for sharing, your post is so encouraging!! going to bump it so more can read it, it makes so much sense 🙂

have a lovely day xx

Hi Jilly,

I have experienced exactly the same thing. It took about 2 months for me to even begin seeing results. Eventually the reading on the scales got gradually lower before hitting a plateau for a few months. The loss has started again now but if I reach a plateau again I know not to panic and just keep going!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.