Exercising on up days

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Maybe this is a stupid question, but I was wondering, since I’m trying to keep it to 2,000 calories on my regular days, (i know some people don’t count but I want to be careful not to go overboard!!) does it make sense to factor in calories burned by exercise? can I adjust the number of calories I take on a “feast” day? I’m very new to the diet so I’m not sure how that works…

Hi there,

first of all try not to think of them as feast days but as normal eating days.
    If you haven’t already done so click on the how it works link at the top of thepage and calculate your TDEE, include your exercise in the calculation but don’t over estimate the amount you do and then stick to just below the number it gives you on you non fast days. I say just below as it is an estimate not a fact and as we are all trying to lose weight it is better to err on the side of caution.

Good luck 🙂

thanks for the help!! Just curious, I walk to work and back almost every day, which ends up being about 2-2.5 hours of walking. Would that be considered moderate exercise level, or is that still light? I walk at least four days a week, some weeks 5-6.

I have to be honest and say that I would consider that to be sedentary.
    I work out for an hour plus a 15-30 minute swim afterwards, three times a week and I call that moderate.

What you need to know and remember is that to lose 1lb you need to burn 2700 calories more than your body needs. I burn up 500 calories working hard for an hour on a combination of rowing machine, treadmill and exercise bike so would have to do that for over 7 hours to burn 3700.
    Exercise is great for toning and fitness but calorie restriction is what causes weight loss.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.