Exercise when fasted

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jdesey 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I have read all about the increased fat burn when exercising in fasted state. The challenge for me is that I workout at 4:30pm and finish at 6:30. I do a 16/8 fast schedule so eating till 230 am doesn’t sound real good. Anyone got advice

Hello. I also do 16:8, but I do hiit workouts (high intensity intervals) instead of long steady state workouts like I used to. They are much shorter (about 20-30 minutes) and more effective.

A lot of people eat shortly after their workouts. Here is my schedule, if it helps. Also, check out the Lean Gains site..he has a feeding/exercise schedule posted.

Dinner 4 pm (protein/fat)
    7 am 20 minute workout, hiit cardio then weights
    8am breakfast (2 deviled eggs)
    12 noon lunch (meat with sour cream or sauce)
    4 pm dinner
    5 pm 2 days a week, hiit workout if I feel like it.

I have lost 23 lbs since the middle of April, although I just started very low carb 2 weeks ago.

I do HIIT as well,,, and then some. I am a Crossfit athlete so the workouts are very intense.
    I guess the best alternative would be to do as few calories as possible between my fast brake and the workout. then load up until my feeding window is over. Like 500 calories from 1:00 – 4:30 then my remaining 1500 from 6:30 till 9:00. I wont be 100% fasted for workout, but it will have to work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.