Encouragement to those with a small amount to lose

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Encouragement to those with a small amount to lose

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  massive 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• As I only want to lose around 4kg I was sceptical 5:2 would work for me. However, I’ve been pleasantly surprised and after 2 weeks I’ve lost the average 500g per week (total 1kg) and it’s come off the right places! My middle isn’t bloated and my love handles have almost disappeared. Have found fast days ok, I thought my preference was leaving full calorie allocation for evening meal but I think it changes from day to day, how you’re feeling etc.

Hopefully will be on maintenance in a months time!

Hi and welcome:

If you have an accurate TDEE, and don’t eat above it on your non-diet days, and if you eat 500 calories or below on your diet days, you have to lose weight. The rate of loss depends on your TDEE.

Where the fat disappears cannot be predicted, but it sounds like it is going well for you.

Good Luck!

hi Massive and welcome!

I think you may have to change your forum name lol!! as you’ll be anything but massive 🙂

I am with you on this as I am trying, to get rid of 5 kilos, but if I don’t then its ok as I am quite healthy anyway and will carry on with 5.2 as its a way of life for me now!

good luck!

I agree, I’m only looking to lose between 4-5kg (10-12lbs) and have struggled on previous diets to lose such a small amount but 4 weeks after my first fast day I’m 1.8kg down (4lbs) and have lost 2 inches off my waist and 2.5 inches off my hips. My face looks much slimmer too, I’ve never been on a diet that has made such a difference in such a short space of time before. Pleased doesn’t even begin to cover it!

Haha Angie you’re right, my name is an old nickname based on my surname, probably gives the wrong idea! Not sure how long you’ve been going but keep it up, it really does work!

Exactly Lilyb, it’s not a lot of weight really and I don’t “do” diets, but ate very healthily and in moderation, exercising regularly but it just crept on! Must be at that age haha. As a food lover I really thought I’d struggle but knowing I can eat normally (and some) the following day makes it more my kind of WOL. The fast days aren’t a walk in the park though, keeping busy and soda with lime juice are a must.

Happy fasting everyone!

hi massive, that is encouraging to hear. i’ve done 3 weeks of 5:2 now. the first two have not been strict enough. mostly trying to figure out what works and what doesn’t. news flash! not being strict enough DOES NOT work 😀

so here i am after 1 week of following the guidelines to a T. but much to my disappointment i have not lost a single gram. in fact, i put on 100g compare to last monday. i too only have about 3kg to lose. i put a couple on over xmas and now my clothes don’t fit or are just too tight for comfort. i’m 62.5kg and only 5’4 (163cm) so 2kg mean 1 clothes size up for me – in trousers particularly.

i am feeling a little discouraged but hoping my body will stop being stubborn and start letting go of the fat! 🙂

in a strange way i am enjoying my fast days. i feel a great sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.

however, things are a bit more difficult at the moment as i have a good friend staying with me for 6 weeks. not sure how long she will remain in the group of ‘good friends’ as she is totally sabotaging my efforts. i explained to her why and what i am doing. the health benefits, the tight clothes… she herself is skinny and enjoys healthy eating… but somehow she keeps giving me a hard time…. “why aren’t you having any breakfast?”, “here, taste this chocolate, it’s lovely!”, “i’m going to get us coffees. do you want large or small cappuccino?” aaaaaargh!!!!!!
    i am enjoying saying NO to her temptations but it is hard. but i’m afraid soon i will say more to her than just ‘no’. 😉 people can have strange reactions to the 5:2 diet, that’s why i keep it to myself most of the time. it’s just easier.

good luck everyone and please share more ‘little to lose’ stories!
    thank you for reading my rant 😀

Hi:

This might help you understand to expect for weight loss with 5:2 (if you do it strictly): http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Good Luck!

simcoeluv, THANK YOU so much for your post! that is exactly what i needed to read. and it made me laugh out loud – as if you read my mind. The bit about being on knees praying before getting on the scales….. PRICELESS! Keep writing!!! Thanks again.

Hello everyone,

I have about 6 kilos to lose, I started 5:2 January 6 2014, I have not managed to lose any weight on the scale, my clothers are a bit looser, my watch is much looser :))). I go without breakfast or lunch and have a strawberry Fage greek yoghurt around 4pm, then about a 400 calory dinner at 7.30pm, then realised there’s a lot of sugar in the yoghurt, so got to wondering, is it the sugar in the yoghurt???

Today is fast day, I have carried with me a small cauliflower soup to replace the yoghurt and will continue on this trend of small soups to “break” the fast at 4 and see if this will jolt the scales!

After reading the posts on here, I am encouraged, thanks guys!!

hi Lucille and welcome to the forum!!

well done on your progress so far, sounds like you have it all sussed lol!
    soup is great on fast days, but I do enjoy yogurts too as they feel like a “treat” 🙂 as for their sugar content, I guess its always best to read the ingredients and see how much?
    I love greek yogurt 🙂

anyway good luck on your fast today, hope it goes super quick for you 🙂

Hi Angie,

Thanks! So far so good, drinking loads of warm water! thanks for the tip on reading the ingredients, will keep in mind.

Onwards and downwards!

Hi Lucille, I suspect that as you’ve said, something sugary isn’t the best thing to break your fast with as your body will use that for energy first, soup will probably work better. I tend to wait for my dinner to break my fast but if I’m desperate I snack on celery or radishes. Why not eat the yogurt for dessert after your evening meal? I usually have enough calories for a hartleys 10cal jelly and a small dairy milk chocolate bar (112 cals) which I have before bed, feels like a treat and because I have it after my evening meal it’s not getting in the way of the fast.

Nearly 3lbs (1.3kgs) off for me this week! I nearly fell off the scales in shock this morning as I’d been out for dinner on Saturday night and hadn’t held back (although I didn’t eat everything on my plates which is shocking for me, I got full really quickly and couldn’t even contemplate any dessert) so I thought any loss would be small but clearly a bit of a blowout did my metabolism the world of good 🙂 So I’m now 7lbs, half a stone down after 5 weeks 🙂 (3kg)

Hi All – I am another with ‘not much to lose’. At last weigh-in I was 3 1/4 lb away from goal of 9 stone (sorry don’t know what that is in kg). However I don’t feel I look any different, maybe 4 lb just isn’t very visible. I will carry on with the diet until I feel it has made a difference (though obviously not too much!)

I find it surprising just how little food we small people (5ft 4) actually need – my fast day allowance is 420 kc, compared with my husband’s which is about 700 – I feel rather deprived as he can have breakfast, lunch and dinner, while I can have virtually nothing for breakfast and a very small dinner 🙁 we also have to sit at the table with two tall, skinny teenage boys with plates piled high!

BTW I love plain yogurt – Yeo Valley full fat greek style is the best!

Hi Everyone! I’ve just completed my first week on 5:2. I started at 150lbs and want to get down to 136lbs, so a stone to lose (just over 6kg). Weighed myself this morning on Day 8, and I have lost 4.4lbs (2kg)so am pleased how it’s going. I feel so much better, have more energy, and am finding the fast days easy to manage through and am curious about how fearful I was of feeling hungry. It’s not such a bad sensation after all. I’m actually more interested in the effect on blood lipid levels as there is a lot of heart disease in the family. I’m planning on getting my lipid levels re-done after I’ve done a couple of months on this (5:2 then 6:1 maintenance). Hopefully there will be an improvement. My triglycerides are very good anyway (0.6) and my LDL/HDL ratio (3.2). Total cholesterol though is 5.7 so would like to see that improve. Ever onwards!

I’m so glad I found this post. Lovely to read of StraR,rhaas66 and lilyb successes! I am also small 5’3″ with not a lot to lose but enough to change my size and fit into all my clothes again. This is only my 3rd fast day. My first week I caved and only completed one fast so this is my first full week. I’m happiest and fittest at 50-51 kg (8st) but I haven’t weighed myself since I started Feb 17th at ~57kg (8 st 13). I figure it took me more than 2 weeks to put it on and I managed to avoid the scale then, plus I don’t want to be discouraged if there hasn’t been a change yet. Like hroshik I do feel a great sense of accomplishment fasting although I wouldn’t exactly say I enjoy it. At the moment the way I feel after fast days is helping me to stay disciplined. It would be good to have a permanent attitude change around food. Do any of you feel that although you may not have major weight problems by objective measures you still have a conflicted relationship with food? I do. I’d like to stop spending so much time thinking how much, what, when etc…

I want to lose 5-6 kg, just å little more than you 🙂

Those have been there for more or less 7 years, since I had my last child.
    And what a stubborn 5 kg it is!!

Last year I managed to drop 4 kg in 4 months, only to gain them back during a 14 days holiday. Fantastic.

Now I know better! I’ve been doing this for 3,5 weeks, and lost 3,2 kg! How amazing is that! Like you I’m already planning the maintenance 😉

I wanted to lose 9kg and have lost 8 so far. It took me around three months. At the beginning it went fairly quickly, but now it takes much longer to lose the last 1kg.

It does require patience, but it does work. I am 48, 5’6 and weighed 65kg.

Maintenance will be the big issue for me and it hit me hard to realise that to keep my weight I will have to calorie count one way or the other.
    Stef.

Wow Stef, that’s brilliant! Though there musnt be left of you haha. I’m the same height and want to get to 59/60….only 2kg to go. I’ve been 5 weeks 5:2ing and it’s been pretty slow for me, don’t mind that though, slow and steady as they say. My sister is also doing this WOL and has about 8kgs to lose so I must let her know your story. Am on holiday at the moment and have managed a fast day amazingly, I’m finding them easier and easier. I think that’ll be it though, I can do without food but love my champagnes and beers whilst in holiday!!

Keep up the stories for us with 10kg and below to lose, I think it’s really encouraging for anyone else starting out.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply.