Easiest diet ever!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  AGurl78 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• What can I say? I started this diet on the 7th Jan at 162 lb. Weighed in this morning (14th Feb) at 150lb!

I must admit that my diet days are very much the same foods but it works! (I do Tues and Thurs) Never been a breakfast eater so this works for me:

Breakfast: Activia Yogurt 0%, White Coffee
    Mid-Morning: Fruit Tea
    Lunch: Heinz Squeeze and Stir Soup
    Dinner: M&S salad with either salmon or chicken
    Drinks: Still Fruity Water, Diet Cola or just water

I don’t even hold back that much on the weekends. I had a curry take away, crisps and beer! Still lost weight!

I’ve also invested in some new scales as they’re on offer at Sainsbury’s at the moment. SALTER glass scales £13!

I used to do Weight Watchers which works great if you only cook for yourself but for just 2 days of the week, my OH cooks for himself. We can cook together the rest of the week without him whinging that he’s not getting his carbs!

Oh, and my blood pressure has gone down slightly. Always been in the normal range but seeing the effects of this diet on my heart is just fantastic.

My only regret is that I didn’t measure myself beforehand, as my tummy is definitely getting flatter!

Hoping to get to 10 stone which is more normal for my height, at 5ft 2in!

Hope this info helps anyone thinking about doing this diet as it’s been fantastic for me and my mum. She lost 18lbs last year which inspired me to do it. Go mum! 🙂

Well done weigh hey!! and weigh hey’s mum!!

Yes it is easy isn’t it. And definitely the best thing ever.

I don’t call it a diet…to me DIET means

Dare…..I….Eat….That

and with 5:2 …yes I do dare!!

You go girl!!!

xx

Thanks sylvestra! 🙂

Totally agree – doesn’t feel like a diet at all. (Except for the odd tummy rumble but I actually relish that in a weird way!) haha!

I hope by May I can get to my target weight. 10 stone would be great but if I could get to 9st 7lb, I’d be back to my age 18 weight and be over the moon if I can do it?! Fingers crossed!

Love the D.I.E.T acronym! 😉

Haha! Brilliant DIET acronym @sylvestra 😉

I know I haven’t been doing 5:2 for ages but I also agree that it is far easier & more tolerable than other diets & regimes. I thought I would find my fast days hellish but instead I actually (in a strange way) look forward to doing them & getting through them – there’s something very satisfying about knowing that you CAN do it and you HAVE with very little or no side effects 🙂 I feel so proud of myself.

When I have told people about 5:2 they think I am crazy for doing it but that’s because they just hear the word ‘fast day’ and think we can’t eat/drink anything all day, haha!

For a couple of days a week of not eating as much as I would like (which, I’ll be honest, is usually a lot more than I NEED to eat anyway…)and 5 days I don’t have to restrict myself compared to a ‘regular diet’ (i.e. constant/continued calorie controlled) there really is no battle ~ 5:2 wins hands down 🙂

Good to hear it’s working well for you too @agurl78 – I’m on my 7th week now and I suspect I might have plateued as I’ve been a touch piggy this week. Oops. We shall see on Friday when I do the weigh in!

Nevertheless, even if I have stopped or even put on a little bit I’m still chuffed that I lost 12lb since the beginning of Jan. Fingers crossed the scales are forgiving on Friday morning! Eek!

What a great result Wheigh hey!!

you are doing brilliantly, so well done 🙂 and good luck on Friday!

Thank you! Fingers crossed my chicken curry with pumpkin samosas and beers followed by a cookie weren’t too calorific!
    (Who am I kidding?!) :-O

I’ll report back on Friday…

Oops, 1.5lb up. Must manage my treats a bit better! Still under 11 stone though. Just goes to show that you need to be sensible on this diet. Treats in moderation. 🙂

Your posts encourage me to do this diet!!Good luck to you;-)

I try not to focus on the scales (although this is helped by the fact I don’t own any!) but rather go by my clothes and I find this a much better indicator of how much I have lost. Plus I’m not purely doing it for the weight loss I am hoping to lower my blood pressure & make myself just all round healthier as unfortunately heart disease runs in my family.

Try not to beat yourself up if you have gained one week as we are human and we all fluctuate..as long as we keep on this 5:2 thang we should all feel & see the benefits sooner or later 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.