Diabetes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kiwiflyer79 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• My wife and I, will be starting our 5:2 fast diet next Monday when we return from holiday,
    People who are diabetic could find it difficult to refrain from eating for 12 hours .
    Have other people found a way around that problem?

Looking at all the positive feedback in the forum, I am convinced that it will work for us as well,
    So looking forward to getting started.

Hi kiwiflyer and welcome:

This thread may help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/type-ii-diabetes/

Good Luck!

Hello kiwiflyer and welcome to the forum. I am not diabetic thankfully but many past and present posters are. Please click on the FAQ link at the top of the page and scroll to medical conditions. You will find an absolute goldmine of posters experiences and advice. One long lapsed poster WiltUSA was,is? diabetic and was passionate in researching the subject. Can I also suggest, if you are not already aware to research the “Newcastle Diet”. This is a diet developed just up the road from me at Newcastle University for diabetics. Basically it is an 800 cal a day diet for around 8 weeks which has been proven to “reverse” diabetes in many sufferers. Diabetes UK website has more info and it will require medical supervision. This is not a 5:2 type diet but I mention it for info only.
    If you are in any doubt about the 5:2 and diabetes please seek medical advice. There are very few “Medical Experts” on this site, including me but we will give honest, truthful and supportive advice to all.
    Finally please remember, we are all different, what works for me or you may not work for others but please keep us updated with your journey.
    Good Luck.

Many thanks Couscous and Simcoeluv.

Now we are home again, I can look up the links you have given me and learn as much as I can.

Sorry I am late in sending a reply, but we were in Malta for a week and working with an Ipad and slow WIFI is not easy .

Anyway I had plenty of time to read the new 5.2 book and all I need to do now is get some fast day menus sorted out and we start on Monday.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.