Day One of a new lifestyle

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  ahamilton 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Hi everyone, just started IF today and looking at 5:2 ratio.

I decided to start the plan after becoming frustrated with fad diets that promise the world and deliver nothing more than unsustainable results. I have been reading the Fast Diet book and find it very inspirational and clear that this is not a weight loss diet but a healthy lifestyle choice.

I’m halfway through my first fast day and have to say I am not finding it difficult at all. I am midly hungry but see this as a positive as I am becoming aware of just how “lazy” my attitude to food has been and how I have tended to eat when I am not really hungry at all.

Looking forward to seeing the results (health and weight).

Good luck to you!

Have been IF (ing) for a couple of months now…and seen wonderful results! More energy, wanting smaller portions naturally, no more “muffin top” and have dropped two sizes and several inches. Only 14.5 pounds to go to my IBW (per insurance charts) and will definitely be there by the end of December.

This is the easiest “diet” (although I prefer the term lifestyle change) that I have ever tried…and I’ve tried them all, it seems.

Happy Fasting 🙂

Thanks Carla and congratulations on achieving some amazing results.

Like you, I see this as a lifestyle change and not anoyther faddy diet. I think portion control is a big thing for me as I will eat a platfeul regardless of how much in on it – reducing my portions on non fast days will really help me get the most from this.

I am feeling really positive about this plan and cant wait to get the results you have achieved.

Keep up the good work 🙂

Day 1 for me too! Feeling a bit hungry but just drinking lots of water and black coffee – no sugar.
    Next fast day planned for Thursday. Feeling positive and determined.

Hi Pinksta66, glad to hear I am not the only newbie 🙂 I have found it pretty straight forward today and only felt mildly hungry. I have to admit though my hunger has been a bit more evident late afternoon but I think this is mainly due to my normal grazing habits rather than actual hunger. All in all feeling good. I’m planning my next fast day for Friday.

Day 1 for me too! Really surprised that only had black coffee and water until 13.00 and didn’t feel hungry til then! My only wobbly feeling was around 6pm when waiting for my other half to get in to eat!! Saying that after eating less than usual I can honestly say I’m not hungry……though slightly jealous of the beer my other half has just poured!! Next fast Thursday – and looking forward to the challenge of finding something low cal and tasty to eat!!

Good luck folks!
    Third day for me today, and the easiest yet. The challenge for me is the Spanish timetable and cooking dinner for the kids I am looking after. I get a bit hangry sometimes when dinner is after 9:30! I try to hide it though. Today I had breakfast at 12, and my main meal after the gym at about 5:30, with a fruit /yoghurt/ nut snack later. Have got some good protein planned for my breakfast tomorrow – it is key for me!!
    Happy shrinking!!

Good luck to you all it really works. I started in March this year weighing 15 stone 4 pounds for the first month as we as following the 5:2 diet I also gave up crisps,cheese and chocolate. I normally diet on Monday and Thursday and have black coffee throughout the day and have one meal of 600 cals at 17.00. I weigh every Friday morning and last Friday I was 13 stone 8 pounds my target is to remain below 14 stone. I am now in a routine where I find it no problem on my diet days and can see me continuing this for the rest of my days(52 year old male). I do play a round of golf on my diet days and have NEVER had a problem with loss of energy.

Day one for me and my husband also, felt super organised, made soup yesterday for our lunch, have planned and shopped for the week ahead. Today is first fast day, I didn’t feel hungry but missed grazing during the afternoon, have felt starving this evening though, downloading the 5:2 App and joining this forum has helped me get through the evening without thinking too much about food, time for bed and looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!! Mmmm feeling postive and ready for second fast day on Thursday!

Hi all you newbies and good luck in starting a healthier way of life.
    Please keep updating with all your progress and problems we love to read about people doing and experiencing the same as us.

Hi all. Well I am now one week in and on my second fast day as we speak. I am really enjoying the entire process and it has really woken me up to the foods choices I had been making and the “hidden” calories that we can easily consume in the most unlikely places (fresh orange juice for example). So far I am finding the fast days are easy to manage and enjoying the control element of it.
    I am also redcuing my calorie intake overall (reducing to 1600 calories on non fast days) and have been using My Fitness Pal app to help with this (really easy way to track calorie intake).
    Great to hear all the updates from everyone and use all this positive feedback to motivate me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.