Day 2 – going well so far!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chuckk 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi there
    I’ve been needing to lose a bit of weight for a while, but after trying (and failing!) other diets I was fed up of depriving myself of the things I love. A work colleague pointed me in the direction of 5:2, and after some research, I’m giving it a go. I started last Wednesday, and have now done two days, and have found I’m actually wanting less food on my feast days too! Hopefully this is a plan I can stick to, as a lifestyle change, rather than a diet. Now I just need some recipe ideas, and an exercise plan!

Welcome pixc!
    Yes!! This is the diet for variety and enjoyment! I nibble on chocolate and peanuts on my non-fasting days, it’s great!! And it takes so much less food to satisfy one’s hunger on the non-fasting days, plus the food tastes better, I was surprised as well! I am sticking with it, this isn’t just a diet, this is the recipe for successful health, and I hope you stick with it too – it is as close to the fountain of youth as we can get.
    I would suggest exercising through enjoyable things, though all you really need to do is a vigorous and brief strenuous workout, and 150 minutes of moving around a day; but for fun’s sake, why limit it to that? I love biking, it’s so nice to get out in the fresh air and feel the energy of muscles working & heart pounding up those hills; or dancing or racquetball or walking or running or swimming – life is to be enjoyed, and so should exercise. There’s oodles of recipes, Mimi’s recipe book, or you can invent your own – as long as it fits within the 1/4 caloric intake on fasting days and is low-sugar/starch, you’re good to go.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.