Curious to try this 5:2 method to bring me back to my old "normal" weight!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Curious to try this 5:2 method to bring me back to my old "normal" weight!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MJ0911 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi, I am 37 year-old, female, 5’3 and 130 lbs.
    I used to weigh 115 lbs. for a long time with no dieting whatsoever. About 5 years ago the weight started creeping up, and I’ve been at 130 lbs. for about 2 years. I guess my body has become “complacent” and considered 130 lbs. as my new “normal” weight?
    My current measurements: Neck: 13in., Bust: 36in., Waist: 30in., Hip: 38in., Thigh: 20in., Leg: 16in.

I am curious to try this 5:2 method to bring me back to my normal 115 lbs.!
    My target measurements: Neck: 12in., Bust: 34in., Waist: 27in., Hip: 35.5in., Thigh: 18in., Leg: 15in.

Anyone has similar starting point and has been doing this journey?

Allie

Hi Allie,

I’m quite a bit older than you are, having begun 5:2 in the last week of June 2016. I weighed 143 lbs though much of my adult life I weighed around 125 lbs. I’d attempted other ways of shedding even a fraction of the menopausal extra 20+ lbs and never had much success. However, I was pleasantly surprised that 5:2 not only allowed me to slowly but surely shed the extra fat, but has continued to enable me to maintain now for 7 months! I wish you as much success!

Hi Minka,

Thanks for sharing your story, that’s very encouraging!

Would you mind providing more details on your journey – for example how long did it take you to reach your target goal (125 lbs), whether the weight loss was steady, did you experience any plateau, any recommendation for types of exercises? Just so I have better idea on what to expect and set realistic goals for this journey!

Allie

Hi Allie, I’m new to these forums but basically your story could be mine! I’m 5’4″ and my ‘normal’ weight for years was between 110 and 115lbs, but over the past five years it creeped up, topping out at 133lbs (from last September). My weight seemed to settle at various weights on the way in between jumps – 119 then 122 then 126… and I guess this way I (along with my body) kept revising my ‘normal’ upwards.

But now I’m determined to get my a** in gear and get back to the weight I felt comfortable with. I’m currently 139lbs and am aiming for 115lbs. I’ve done 5:2 a little to drop the first 3lbs but am very much a newbie. So I don’t have a success story to share but hopefully we can encourage each other to be our own success stories!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.