Counting calories every day, but it works!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Counting calories every day, but it works!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  CarlosCont 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

• I tried eating what I liked on non-fast days for three months, and I lost nothing. I was being sensible on those days, honest!
    Now I count calories every day and fast on two, and I’ve lost 7lbs in three weeks.
    Monday & Thursday are fast days =500 cals
    Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday I have 1500 cals
    Saturday & Sunday I have 1800 cals.
    My TDEE is 2000 cals. I have a total of 4 stone 3lbs to lose.
    Of course it would be preferable to eat without counting on those 5 days, but it’s working, so I don’t care. What I am following is a calorie-controlled diet helped along by the 5:2 diet, and hopefully I will enjoy the health benefits which come with fasting too.

Hi Pudding, I’ve been doing the same using My Fitness Pal app. Lost almost a stone since 24 June. 600 cals on 3 fast days, 1,800 ish on the others, like you say it isnt strictly the 5:2 plan but for me it is working. 🙂

Hi pudding. I just started 2 weeks ago and have lost 1 stone. I have been using myfitnesspal app on the phone to keep track of my eating on non fast days and it is great app. I too have another 2 stone too loose and want to make sure not going nuts on my other days. Good luck. X

Hello

I only count my calories on my Fast-days. I am not losing any weight, and i have been on the diet for quite a while. Would it help if i counted the calories on my Non-fast days as well?

Also, i tend to enjoy a alcoholic drink on my Non-fast days, I thought that i would stop this, and perhaps just have drink on Friday. Would this help at all?

I would be very grateful if someone could give me some advice on this, As i need to lose about a stone fast!!

Thanks

I would definitely recommend counting calories on non fast days if it’s going slow. I’m anal and it would drive me nuts not to, but I have lost 16 lbs the last 6 weeks doing this. I eat about 1500 calories on those days, 500 on fast and drink about 10-12 glasses of water a day. It works!

Hello TidyChick

Thanks very much for your help on this.

Do you enjoy an alcoholic drink on Non-Fast days? I think that’s where i am going wrong! So i am going to try this week, just have a drink on Friday.

You say that you drink 10-12 glasses of water a day, Is this pints or what? I think that i don’t drink enough!

Also, Do you exercise on Fast-Days? I am not doing enough at the moment, as my kids are on holiday!!

I would appreciate it very much if you could help me

Thanks

I’m largely with TidyChick on this. I restrict my non fast days to 1000 calories approx and am drinking lots of water (which I never really did before – despite being diabetic, I am never thirsty!!)I find 3 large (half pint) glasses is about all my kidneys can cope with!!

I think it’s wrong to think that you can eat perfectly normally on ‘eat’ days. At the end of the day, the ONLY way to lose weight is to take in less calories than you expend. Anything else is just pseudoscience. The fact is that many people who succeed with this diet, do so because they change the way they eat and not because they fast on two days but then stuff themselves with cream cakes and sandwiches on the other 5.

I have started counting on my NF days too – I have lost 6lb and 6 inches in various places, but in the last 2 weeks no change. I think maybe I am eating too much on NF days – I do love to eat! Going to count for a week or so and see what I am eating and then make some changes! I love the 5:2 though, I feel amazing on a fast day. I am fasting Mon and Thurs usually, but this week I am doing Mon and Weds as I am having dinner with my nephew and eldest niece on Thurs. I love how flexible this lifestyle is! Have a great day everyone.

I am still enjoying my wine on my none fast days just making sure I add it into my calorie count for the day. GL

Yes, I too am counting calories and using my fitness pal to do so. It works for me.
    I just feel so energetic and contented, never have before when dieting so don’t know how it works just pleased it does, long may the feelings last. Now in week three and 7 pounds lighter, only 6 more to go yipee!!

Hi 454134,

I don’t drink alcohol, but there are a lot of empty calories there. Probably a good idea to make it a treat on Friday. The thing I adore is chocolate, and eat plenty of it on feast day. The 10-12 glasses of water are around 2 1/2 liters, and before I ever eat anything, I drink 2 big glasses of water. And then a glass and a half every couple of hours. I used to HATE to drink water, but now it’s like I crave it. Never thought that would happen. 😀

As far as exercise, I do it 6 days a week, so fast day included, before I eat anything as well. Only about 20-25 minutes or else it would drive me nuts, and am amazed at the results!

The awesome thing about this plan, is that you can totally tailor it to what works for you. A little tweaking here and there when/if it stalls, and you’re on the go again.

Hello

I am trying to count calories on my Non-fast days. Hopefully it will help me lose weight quicker!

Also, I am struggling to do any exercise at the moment, as it is holiday! So i thought that i would start today by jumping on the trampoline (With the kids) Go on it every morning, as long as i can. Do you think that this will help at all?

I would appreciate it very much if anyone could give me some advice on this

Thanks

I’m still counting calories every day and have lost another 2 pounds. That’s 9 pounds all together, but bear in mind I have been on this diet since late March! I’m quite satisfied with this, as it’s only since I started counting calories 7 days a week that I’ve been losing.
    Last week I lost nothing after a weekend away and lots of alcohol! I don’t tend to drink in the week, and need to be very careful at weekends that I don’t have too many 147 calorie glasses of sauvignon blanc!

I’m so glad I read your post, Pudding. I did a little number-crunching and I realized that, as a 45 year-old 5’3″ female, if I ate 500 calories twice a week and 2000 calories five days a week, I’d have about a 200 calorie deficit a week. That would lead to a loss of about .1 lb. a week! Not exactly effective! So since I’ve been using myfitnesstracker to keep to 1600 calories on non-fast days and moving to 400 calories on fast days, I’ve lost 2 lb. Not bad, especially if it keeps up.

Hi – looks like we are all in the same boat! I do enjoy a glass of wine or 3. I find as the days go on my calories increase slowly when not Fasting, but I have now been using MFP to keep check, which I suppose defeats the object of the Fast Diet but reading these posts it seems to be working.

NCTeacher – I like crunching numbers – well done on 2lb weight loss. 🙂

Hello all, I’m a newbie here and had my first fast day on Mon. I’ve started by counting cals every day, too. I’m planning on 1500 most non-fast days and up to 2000 at the weekend if I want to indulge a little. I’m hoping this will allow me to lose a few pounds.

I’ve found my usual way of eating ( Slimming World) no longer works for me! I’m hoping to lose around 6 – 8lbs, so fingers crossed!

Hi all, on my second week, did 5 and 2 last week, this week trying 4 and 3 but on nonfast days trying to stick around 1200/1300 apart from Saturday when I have around 2000. Lost 3.5 pounds last week, so will see how this week goes too. Not sure you can really eat what you like 5 days a week and lose weight, which is a shame as I love food……..

Hi Pudding, its really good to hear you’ve found a mix of the plan that works for you, well done on your loss and for sticking with it, i’m really pleased for you. xxx

Pudding!

Good on you 🙂 So glad to hear you’ve found a way that works 🙂 Heading off on my 2nd (and last) holiday of the year…so am going to restart the ADF after I return. Heading into PA Amish Country and nobody has that much will-power…lol!

(((hugs)))

After the joy of losing 2lbs for the past 3 weeks, this week I’ve put 4 back on, and I haven’t done anything differently. I accept that weight goes up and down, but +4lbs is ridiculous!

Crazy.
    Week 1: Lost 2 lbs.
    Week 2: Lost 5 lbs. !
    Week 3: Gained 5 lbs. !!!!
    Week 4: Lost 2 lbs.

But after 3 1/2 months, I’m very happy, but what wild swings. Its a brand new scale, so that doesn’t seem to explain it.

Who knows what’s going on? As long as the trend is downwards, I’ll be satisfied.

Counting calories is great! I use it every time I cut down…4kg in 4 weeks is the aim!

Yes, determine how many calories you should consume each day, and stick to it

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply.