Could anyone advise?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I started the 5:2 diet on Monday and did really well with my fast (came in at just under 500 cals). Yesterday it all went belly up (pardon the pun lol) because I ate over 200 cals above my TDEE (whoops)! I’m doing fine today and wondered if it would be ok to try and undo the damage from yesterday by eating under my TDEE today and hope it balances out?

I wondered if anyone had done this and still lost weight.

Karen

that should be fine. On non fast days you want to shoot for an intake above your bmr, but below your tdee. remember it’s a marathon, not a sprint, and if you go over on one day it’s just one day. Go 200 under on another day to balance it out if it makes you feel better. 🙂

Thanks kilda that’s what I’m trying to do and hope it works out ok. I’m avidly reading these boards and have realised it’s not a quick fix diet but that’s fine with me as long as I get there in the end and the health benefits are there.

I don’t see why not. I am trying to eat less on my non-fast days to compensate for the calories I know I will have at the weekend because I need to add in my beer! I’m averaging a loss of about 1 lb per week.

All it means if you eat more than you should is that the loss will be slower. To be honest, don’t beat yourself up about a few hundred calories. It’s only your first week and it will take time to adjust. Good luck.

Hi:

It really comes down to eating, on average, below your TDEE. How much below determines how much you lose. But you may not lose consistently. This may help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Good Luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.