Combining 4:3 and H.I.T.

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Combining 4:3 and H.I.T.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hello, my name is Nicole. I’m 37 and live in Germany. Since about 15 years I’m doing diets of all kinds. I guess I’ve tried them all, just to find out they are not fitting to me. Have I mentioned that I hate to exercise…lol? I’ve stumbled on a link to Michael Mosley’s BBC documentary, when I was looking in the internet for fasting articles. After watching it, I’ve felt that this could really be it, a habit I could stay on for the rest of my life and hey, the benefits are great, aren’t they? Because I wanted to lose weight a little faster, I’ve chosen the 4:3 fast diet (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays). I’ve also combined it with 3x cardio H.I.T. (The Fatburner in the book) and 5x strength H.I.T. a week. Both are less than 15 minutes, but as effective as a 1 hour workout. Today I have finished week 6 and have lost 12lb so far and I will keep this regime in my daily life until I have normal weight. This is amazing for me, because to really test this diet to the extreme I’ve had burgers, pizza, pasta, pastries, icecream and coke (besides salad and veggies) on my feast days. Meanwhile I’m even not that crazy about this bad food anymore. May be because now it doesn’t matter on my feast days. It is such a relieve not to have a bad consciousness anymore when drinking a coke or having a burger with French fries. I’ve shared my experiences with my friends and colleagues, but somehow it is still unbelieveable for them. But one is trying the 5:2 diet without H.I.T., but she will see a difference, too.

Nicole

Hi Nicole, congrats on your success!

I have been “on it” for a bit over three months now and I have lost 7.5kg, which is kind of amazing as I have not been that overweight.

After a little while on the new way of life I started to change some of my “bad” dietary habits, such as drinking Coke and putting sugar in my coffee. Without really wanting it, I became more and more health conscious and now I am reading labels in the supermarkets.

I am also pretty much off processed foods and I have not have had my beloved pasta in ages! I used to live on pasta, so that is quite something!

Anyhow, I believe that this was a major contribution to my steady weightloss. I also do exercise, but not to the extreme as I believe (my opinion!) that working out and dieting don’t go too well together. To build muscles you need fuel! I have just started introducing elliptical training and weights since last week. Before it was a one hour fast walk every day.

I know I am opening a can of worms with my comment re exercise and dieting…but then we all have to find our own ways.

Best of luck
    Stef.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.