Checking in from the West Coast of Canada -5&2'er

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Checking in from the West Coast of Canada -5&2'er

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi,
    New to posting but I thought it would be good to share my experience in the wonderful world of weight loss… I am a 57 year young guy who is very active and has been for many years, I have struggled with weight most of my life even though I play sports, hit the gym and was fairly diligent in eating the right foods. This past summer I weighed in at 250lbs… yikes, I had to do something as my hips, knees and feet were in constant pain. I started IF with the 16-8 method and last a few pounds, this wasn’t going to work as I ate a lot during the 8 hours. Not the best idea… so in October I started the 5-2 program and a modified LC program at the same time. Well I have now reached 218 pounds and have been extremely happy with progress to date. I can see the progress is starting to slow but I have made it through the holidays and my birthday so I hope it is clear sailing from here. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week doing resistance training, spinning classes and HIIT, so you can see I like to stay active, I also try to get one game of hockey in a week also. My goal is to get down around 200lbs and maintain and this seems where failure typically happens so I wanted to join in and support fellow IF’ers and hopefully receive some back… thanks for reading.

Good progress, Conisola.
    We’ve been on the Fasting Lifestyle, eating two 300-calorie meals on each of 2 Fast Days, for 4 years with very good results. We enjoy the results and the meals, and I have had lots of fun developing new recipes for use only on Fast Days. Even started blogging about the menus and our progress.

Hope you reach your goals. Is 200 pounds just a number you picked, or is it a weight at the lower end of normal BMI for you? I have found that I enjoy being below my target weight, since then I have more options of what to eat.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.