Carbs on fast days?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bigbooty 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hello, I was just wondering to people usually keep away from carbs on fasting days?? Like brown pastas, brown rice ect???? As I find it very hard to keep low carb on these days! Thanks

Hi jacky:

After awhile, most discover carbs make them more hungry. People usually settle for one evening meal high in fat and moderate in protein. Many finally discover it is easier just not to eat on diet days. They don’t have to count calories, lose more weight, and are not hungry, either.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Personally I try and avoid simple carbs like bread pasta, pizza, rice all the time. Avoid potatoes. Get your carbs from veggies and have a limited amount of fruit. Mostly the berry type fruits.

I personally find eating adequate amounts of protein on FDs helps satiate my appetite. I consume a minimum amount of 50 grams which I find makes all the difference.

I too, need my carbs. I eat sweet potato and vegetables and the bulk of my food comes from proteins on my fast days. unfortunately, it isnt enough to make me feel full, so recently I started eating shirataki noodles/rice as carb replacement for my meals, just so that Im not hungry all the time.

I avoid sugar but love my grains and legumes and root vegetables. They are a wonderful part of a good diet. Some people find they are better avoiding them, but for most people they are fine.

Jacky,

Go to the maintenance section and ask people there how they achieved their success. Of course there will be variations on what they did but I suspect there will also be a common theme. Pick their brains and then copy them, then modify it to suit you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.