Can't stop counting calories.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dlroseberry 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• I’ve managed to lose 49lbs in just under 2 years by counting calories and exercising, however my weightloss had ground to a halt so I decided to try the Fast Diet in the hope of losing some weight and for the health benefits.

I started the fast diet last week, my problem is that even on non fast days, I’m still counting calories as I don’t want to go over my TDEE and if I don’t count calories then how do I know?

Should I stop counting on non fast days and see what happens? Did any of you worry about going over your TDEE or does the fasting balance it out? Sorry if it’s a stupid question.

@fussychick
    “Should I stop counting on non fast days and see what happens? ”

I believe in tracking progress. It keeps a certain focus on where you are going.

Stay with what has worked with you by tracking calories and you will know if it’s necessary for you after mastering your fasting cycle.

Fussychick,

If you don’t mind keeping track of calories, continue. I am one that has to, or else I worry about how many calories I eat. Have tried to not, and ended up obsessing about it. Guess that’s just my personality. Not enjoyable.

I know some hate to count calories and find it tedious. But I like to keep track of how much I eat. I can’t wrap my brain around just eating “normally “, because that can mean so many different things to different people.

For me, the diet doesn’t just “balance things out”. Hope that helps.

Thank you rockyromero and TidyChick for your replies 🙂 I’ll carry on as I have been, although I have to admit that it would be lovely to only have to count calories 2 days a week.

I have ordered the Fast Diet book and hope to get a better understanding of the science behind it.

I don’t see anything wrong with counting if you can do it (and do it well). I really find it too tedious, but it’s just laziness. Fasting makes it unnecessary for some of us, but not all. It’s easy to overeat on non-fast days and adding more fast days to make up for it is kind of “tedious” as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.